UT - Kouri Richins, 33, Author, wife, mom, charged in husband’s “unexpected” death last year, May 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a cocktail drinker any more, but a Moscow Mule is a taste explosion: like being kicked by a mule - very spicy from ginger, intensely cold and fizzy, deliciously sweet and sour, and with the kick of lots of vodka. It kind of knocks you out without hurting, you almost see stars, but want more....we also don't know how many he drank.

JMO
I recall watching a video at Kitchen Science when seeing "Moscow Mule (Copper) Mugs" on a wedding gift registry.

I dunno --in March, don't think this ice-cold beverage would be my choice for a bedtime nightcap. (i.e., KR alleges Eric drank this while in bed). JMO

[..]

The slain husband of Kouri Richins stayed with her, despite suspicions the accused wife-from-hell was trying to poison him, to spare their kids from growing up in a broken home.

Greg Skordas, a spokesperson for the late Eric Richins’s family, told the Post the devoted Utah dad left himself in a dangerous situation to keep his strained marriage going and do what was best for his three sons.

Skordas described Eric, 39, as the quintessential family man — coaching his kids’ soccer, basketball and baseball teams, and teaching the boys about hunting and the outdoors.

[..]

Moscow mule victim Eric Richins stayed in his marriage for the sake of his children, despite fears that his wife would 'kill him for the money' and suspicions that she had been unfaithful throughout their ten-year union, DailyMail.com can reveal.

Speaking to DailyMail.com, family attorney and spokesperson Greg Skordas said: 'There are three reasons Eric stayed: one is 10 years old; one is nine, and the third is six.

'He lived for his three boys and unfortunately he died for them too.'

It is a tragic and chilling statement.

But, according to Skordas, Richins, 39, would have done and sacrificed anything for the three boys he had with wife, Kouri Darden Richins, 34.

<snip>

Skordas said: 'There were rumors that Kouri maintained a relationship with somebody else for pretty much the duration of the marriage.

'It wasn't something the family ever discussed with Eric or anything that rose above the level of hearsay.'

But, for all his desire to keep his family together, Skordas revealed, Richins had begun to think the unthinkable in the weeks before his death.

He explained: 'Eric was considering divorce at the time he died. It was something he and Kouri had both discussed. They had argued over financial issues and both appeared to be a little more realistic about that prospect.'

He added: 'The sad truth is Eric was worth more to Kouri dead than divorced.'

<snip>

In an extraordinary demonstration of just how concrete Richins's concerns were, DailyMail.com has learned that he not only told family members to 'check Kouri out' if anything happened to him because he 'didn't want her to get away with anything.'

He left written instructions for what to do if he disappeared or was 'detained under duress.'

The instructions were included in Richins's Living Trust and Estate obtained by DailyMail.com and written without his wife's knowledge in 2020.

This poor guy. Poor kids. Family man heavily involved with his kids and their sports but all the mom sees is money. His presence in the kids’ lives was priceless. Not that she cared about anyone but herself.

Also very glad that despite him staying, he changed his will behind her back.
Question: upthread it was said that he was going to tell her no about buying that place, on the same day he was going to reveal he changed his will. Is that incorrect? I thought he died then the next day at her “party” she was informed by the sister, not him. Plus, if she knew, why kill him? Did she just assume she could fight it in court and win?

I hate this so much but I can’t stop reading and catching the new details

This poor guy. Poor kids. Family man heavily involved with his kids and their sports but all the mom sees is money. His presence in the kids’ lives was priceless. Not that she cared about anyone but herself.

Also very glad that despite him staying, he changed his will behind her back.
Question: upthread it was said that he was going to tell her no about buying that place, on the same day he was going to reveal he changed his will. Is that incorrect? I thought he died then the next day at her “party” she was informed by the sister, not him. Plus, if she knew, why kill him? Did she just assume she could fight it in court and win?

I hate this so much but I can’t stop reading and catching the new details
He explained: 'Eric was considering divorce at the time he died. It was something he and Kouri had both discussed. They had argued over financial issues and both appeared to be a little more realistic about that prospect.'

He added: 'The sad truth is Eric was worth more to Kouri dead than divorced.'
^^rsbm

KR needed to end ER's life before he started divorce proceedings!

I don't for a minute believe there was any agreement to purchase the compound at $2M, and the sale likely closed days after his death. I'm sure KR believed she'd have all the resources necessary to follow through with her plans very soon. JMO

It does sound like there were problems in the marriage for quite some time. Him suspecting (and being right) that she tried to poison him two times prior to finally murdering him, her having the audacity to go and change the insurance he had with his business partner, and then he feeling it was necessary and appropriate to make his sister the sole beneficiary of his life insurance paint a very clear picture.

I do wonder how life was in that house. I wonder if those poor kids ever catched on the toxicity of their relationship and how on edge their father must have been all the time. She spent at least 1800 whole dollars in fentanyl because her husband didn't want to sign on that stupid mansion that nobody wanted. Nobody normal spends $900 on fentanyl TWICE. How did the dealer not even raise a brow over it? It's Utah, not Los Angeles.

It's pretty obvious that the person who contacted Kouri with the dealer struck some sort of deal in order to not get into much trouble and that's why she ratted her out immediately after being brought in for questioning.

She was dumb from day one though, why would she tell LE right away that she was the one who made him the drink? Did she not realize that they would check what was in the drink? Did she not think they wouldn't snoop around to see where that insane amount of fentanyl came from? Come on lol.
FYI: Dealers don't care as long as the cash is green.

I read that some people get hives and breathing problems from fentanyl.
Below is a link for injected fentanyl, but I presume the side effects would be similar.

What side effects may I notice from receiving this medication?​

Side effects that you should report to your care team as soon as possible:

• Allergic reactions—skin rash, itching, hives, swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat
  • CNS depression—slow or shallow breathing, shortness of breath, feeling faint, dizziness, confusion, trouble staying awake
  • Low adrenal gland function—nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, unusual weakness or fatigue, dizziness
  • Low blood pressure—dizziness, feeling faint or lightheaded, blurry vision
  • Muscle stiffness
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your care team if they continue or are bothersome):

• Dizziness
  • Drowsiness
  • Nausea
  • Vomiting
This list may not describe all possible side effects. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.

People who get fentanyl in epidural injections (and not just for childbirth) often itch all over, and the nurses should have Benadryl available if this happens. It's NOT an allergy.

^^rsbm

KR needed to end ER's life before he started divorce proceedings!

I don't for a minute believe there was any agreement to purchase the compound at $2M, and the sale likely closed days after his death. I'm sure KR believed she'd have all the resources necessary to follow through with her plans very soon. JMO

Totally agree. I was just confused on the wording, but imo she knew he didn’t want to buy that property. Can’t say I believe it’s 100% the reason for the poisoning as it seems this has happened before. 100% money was the motive though. It’s been stated she closed the day AFTER he died which was the reason for the party —btw who goes to a celebration party like that knowing their friend’s husband has just died ??

It’s a bunch of BS.

Totally agree. I was just confused on the wording, but imo she knew he didn’t want to buy that property. Can’t say I believe it’s 100% the reason for the poisoning as it seems this has happened before. 100% money was the motive though. It’s been stated she closed the day AFTER he died which was the reason for the party —btw who goes to a celebration party like that knowing their friend’s husband has just died ??

It’s a bunch of BS.

Putting together bits and pieces of the reports, it seems like an offer on the property was made around the first of the year and awaiting escrow, KR probably thought she could either convince ER on the purchase or get him out of the picture.

I think she knew by Feb 14 it was a 'no go', and made her first (2021) attempt on his life on this date.

KR believed in her own facade -- counted on the appearance of a huge investment the equivalent of all things being rosey in the marriage. Man, she's really thick. JMO

Wow. I rarely make commentary about the aesthetics of anything or anyone, but that looks like some kind of suburban nighmare. Or something I would have made in The Sims because I don't know anything about architecture.
Imagine it in a lightning storm, and look at the setting: lightning magnet IMO.

I recall watching a video at Kitchen Science when seeing "Moscow Mule (Copper) Mugs" on a wedding gift registry.

I dunno --in March, don't think this ice-cold beverage would be my choice for a bedtime nightcap. (i.e., KR alleges Eric drank this while in bed). JMO
That is a strange choice for a night cap . Makes me wonder how she really administered the Fentanyl. Why would she come up with that drink though?

In an extraordinary demonstration of just how concrete Richins's concerns were, DailyMail.com has learned that he not only told family members to 'check Kouri out' if anything happened to him because he 'didn't want her to get away with anything.'

He left written instructions for what to do if he disappeared or was 'detained under duress.'

The instructions were included in Richins's Living Trust and Estate obtained by DailyMail.com and written without his wife's knowledge in 2020.
Snipped.

He perceived the threat of murder by 2020.

Snipped from article:

“The instructions were included in Richins's Living Trust and Estate obtained by DailyMail.com and written without his wife's knowledge in 2020.

In it he named his older sister, Katie Richins-Benson, 38, as his trustee, not his wife, and listed conditions under which she should take control of his estate. These included, 'Detention, Disappearance or Absence.'

He wrote: 'I will be considered incapacitated if I have an unexplained disappearance or absence for more than 30 days, or if I am detained under duress. My disappearance, absence, or detention under duress may be established by an affidavit of my Trustee.'

His will also clearly stated, 'Kouri Richins shall not be allowed to serve as Trustee of my Trust, or any trust established under the terms of my Trust.'

The document went onto limit Richins's access to his estate, valued at more than $3.6million.

Rather than leave Kouri any guaranteed sum he left if for his sister, or any succeeding Trustee, to make 'discretionary distributions' to her, instructing that they should consider 'other known resources available to Kouri' and the 'legitimacy' of any demands for money.”

Snipped from article:

“The instructions were included in Richins's Living Trust and Estate obtained by DailyMail.com and written without his wife's knowledge in 2020.

In it he named his older sister, Katie Richins-Benson, 38, as his trustee, not his wife, and listed conditions under which she should take control of his estate. These included, 'Detention, Disappearance or Absence.'

He wrote: 'I will be considered incapacitated if I have an unexplained disappearance or absence for more than 30 days, or if I am detained under duress. My disappearance, absence, or detention under duress may be established by an affidavit of my Trustee.'

His will also clearly stated, 'Kouri Richins shall not be allowed to serve as Trustee of my Trust, or any trust established under the terms of my Trust.'

The document went onto limit Richins's access to his estate, valued at more than $3.6million.

Rather than leave Kouri any guaranteed sum he left if for his sister, or any succeeding Trustee, to make 'discretionary distributions' to her, instructing that they should consider 'other known resources available to Kouri' and the 'legitimacy' of any demands for money.”
Wow…

I get that the spokesperson said he stayed for the kids but it doesn't make sense. imo

Moscow mule victim had fears that his wife would 'kill him for the money'

EXCLUSIVE: Moscow mule victim left written INSTRUCTIONS for his family to 'check out' his now accused killer wife 'if anything happens to him' - and had suspected her of cheating but stayed in the marriage for his three children​

• Eric Richins suspected wife Kouri, 34, of cheating and feared she'd kill him but stayed for his three young sons, family attorney Greg Skordas told DailyMail.com
  • He said Eric, 39, was considering divorce, and revealed the couple 'had argued over financial issues'
  • DailyMail.com also learned that he not only told family to 'check Kouri out' if anything happened to him', he also left them written instructions for what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtKnee