UT - Kouri Richins, 33, Author, wife, mom, charged in husband’s “unexpected” death last year, May 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

And isn't that jaw-dropping? FIVE TIMES the lethal amount. And no booze or gummie. How'd she get it into him? Did he have a specific drink? My husband is a diet Pepsi addict and no one else in the house will touch it. Did Eric have something similar that only he consumed?
As little as 2mg of fentanyl can be lethal, particularly for the opiate-naive, so she may have given Eric 10mg. It’s a tiny amount and he probably wouldn’t have tasted it regardless the delivery method.

516EFC8E-DC71-495B-8D93-07B24EBBBC6F.jpeg

Add Debora Green to the list, a physician who tried to poison her doctor husband (she didn't kill him, but she came awfully close) and later burned the house down with their 3 kids in it, killing two of them; Ann Rule wrote a book about it called "Bitter Harvest."

Gypsy Rose Blanchard's mother too.
We also have, currently, the Craig case....a dentist who repeatedly tried to kill his wife, and she was kinda aware of it.

IIRC this couple was also LDS.

From the docs, all we know is the Coroner opined the fentanyl was ingested. It could have just as well been in spaghetti sauce and no nightcap or soda involved. We will have to wait for further disclosure by the court. Until then, I'm personally taking anything from KR with giant grains of salt.

I suppose a warm dish would still preserve the biochemical properties of fentanyl, if the dose was high enough. However, alcohol (Moscow Mule is vodka/ginger beer/lime) has all those bitter compounds that would disguise the taste of fentanyl.

IMO. I guess it depends on taste buds, but there's no way that anyone could slip even one ground up tab of something like Tylenol or even Oxycodone into most people's food without them noticing).

I assume the Coroner talked to the ME; because if it wasn't in the stomach at all - they ought to have carefully examined for needle marks. I'm not sure how else one could deliver a lethal dose (massage oil? is that really a thing?)

If the only source is KR, then I get your skepticism. But hopefully the Coroner has an autopsy to go on, as well.

We hope.

IMO.

Mark Hacking, James Craig (the dentist recently arrested for poisoning his wife) …

Joshua and Steven Powell.

Add Debora Green to the list, a physician who tried to poison her doctor husband (she didn't kill him, but she came awfully close) and later burned the house down with their 3 kids in it, killing two of them; Ann Rule wrote a book about it called "Bitter Harvest."

Gypsy Rose Blanchard's mother too.
IIRC, Stella Nickell poisoned her husband and someone else. There will be too big of a list before long.

There seems to be a lot of instances where members of Mormon beliefs resort to murder rather than civilized divorce. It always seems to come down to one parent wanting full control over finances and the fate of the children.

What is Kouri D Richins first name?

I think vodka doesn't smell, and it would have enhanced the effect of a drug.

Vodka smells of alcohol. It is possible that Moscow Mule smells of beer, but one should be able to tell that it is “alcoholized beer”, IMHO. Alcohol is a respiratory suppressant, and this effect is pronounced in teenagers, in people who are not habitual drinkers, and in people with conditions like sleep apnea; one cocktail, however, might not be that problematic.

Fentanyl is a very potent respiratory suppressant. The effect is very rapid and more difficult to reverse by naloxone than that of pure heroin. The dose of fentanyl alone should have been more than enough.

Vodka smells of alcohol. It is possible that Moscow Mule smells of beer, but one should be able to tell that it is “alcoholized beer”, IMHO. Alcohol is a respiratory suppressant, and this effect is pronounced in teenagers, in people who are not habitual drinkers, and in people with conditions like sleep apnea; one cocktail, however, might not be that problematic.

Fentanyl is a very potent respiratory suppressant. The effect is very rapid and more difficult to reverse by naloxone than that of pure heroin. The dose of fentanyl alone should have been more than enough.
Ginger beer as used in Moscow Mules is non-alcoholic, as is most ginger beer now. Think root beer, except with ginger. It doesn't smell of beer, it smells of ginger.

Ginger Beer

While the name Ginger Beer may suggest that this beverage doesn’t necessarily have alcohol content in it, Ginger Beer is actually a non-alcoholic drink. Originally, this firey drink was actually an alcoholic beverage made by fermenting water, sugar and ginger together. Today, most commercial beers are actually non-alcoholic.

There seems to be a lot of instances where members of Mormon beliefs resort to murder rather than civilized divorce. It always seems to come down to one parent wanting full control over finances and the fate of the children.

What is Kouri D Richins first name?
Kouri’s maiden name is Darden.
Kouri B. Darden - Richins

Interestingly, Kouri must’ve been named after her mothers’ maiden name which is also ‘Kouri’.

JMO

[…]

Financial motives for Kouri to allegedly murder Eric​

In the petition, Katie said that Kouri had a financial motive to murder Eric, and listed them as follows:

Eric married Kouri on June 15, 2013, and starting as early as 2016 (and perhaps earlier), Kouri allegedly began having serious financial troubles. Katie said she believed Kouri began stealing money from Eric to help her with buying and selling homes. This included Kouri allegedly taking money from bank accounts owned by Eric and running debts on credit cards in Eric’s name without his knowledge.

According to the petition, Eric learned in Sept. 2020, that Kouri had withdrawn at least $100,000 from his bank accounts. He also reportedly learned that Kouri had wrongfully borrowed large amounts of money on his credit cards. Eric allegedly confronted Kouri about the stolen money, and she admitted to taking it.

The amount of money Kouri reportedly stole from bank accounts is estimated to have been more than $100,000. The amount of money wrongfully charged to Eric’s credit cards is estimated to have been more than $30,000.

According to the petition, in September 2020, after Eric discovered the stolen money, he also discovered Kouri had borrowed $250,000 using a fraudulent Power of Attorney.

Kouri reportedly accomplished this by having Eric sign a Power of Attorney for certain activities, but Kouri allegedly forged Eric’s initials in several categories listed in the Power of Attorney.

“Upon signing, Eric did not believe he was signing over such substantial rights as outlined in the Power of Attorney,” the petition stated. Eric’s purported signature was dated May 8, 2013, but was not purportedly notarized until May 8, 2018.

According to the petition, around March 2019, without Eric’s knowledge or consent, Kouri opened a bank account with a revolving line of credit and borrowed $250,000. She allegedly did this with a Deed of Trust in which Kouri signed Eric’s signature. Eric reportedly confronted Kouri about the fraudulent loan in September 2020, and Kouri reportedly admitted she had wrongfully taken the loan and promised to pay it back.

[…]

I remember when Kristin Rossum pointed her husband back in 2000.

She also left rose petals around the bed bc American Beauty was her favorite movie.

just a little update on the Boss lover... Robertson.
Feel sure he knew much more, but was able to skip out of the country.

Kouri Richins who wrote book on losing a loved one threw a 'large party' day after husband Eric died

"The day after Eric's death, Kouri closed on the home, alone," the affidavit stated, according to Salt Lake Tribune. It added, "She later invited her friends over for a large party at her home where she was drinking and celebrating." Her motive came to light when she launched a legal battle against Eric's family, just weeks after his death, to secure the vast estate.

I believe she did .
I think This twisted one wrote the book so she could convince herself she did not take their dad from them.
You with me ,Daddy ...
The book interview show thing is enlightening in a few ways.
Re bolded, I think she looks a bit uneasy. That look in her eyes, fear? Paranoia? Something. Even the interviewer later remarks to , was it Ashley Banfield?… that she didn’t take her coat off during the interview.
I’m guessing she was having second thoughts about doing it. Maybe she had gotten an inkling that she wasn’t in the free and clear at that point.

I wonder if moments before that interview, KR had the thought, "Maybe this isn't such a good idea." She seems very forced and chirpy during it, unsettling given the book's subject. I think she kept her coat out as a cloak of protection. Self-soothing, like Letecia playing with her hair during Gannon's murder trial.

MOO

[…]

Financial motives for Kouri to allegedly murder Eric​

In the petition, Katie said that Kouri had a financial motive to murder Eric, and listed them as follows:

Eric married Kouri on June 15, 2013, and starting as early as 2016 (and perhaps earlier), Kouri allegedly began having serious financial troubles. Katie said she believed Kouri began stealing money from Eric to help her with buying and selling homes. This included Kouri allegedly taking money from bank accounts owned by Eric and running debts on credit cards in Eric’s name without his knowledge.

According to the petition, Eric learned in Sept. 2020, that Kouri had withdrawn at least $100,000 from his bank accounts. He also reportedly learned that Kouri had wrongfully borrowed large amounts of money on his credit cards. Eric allegedly confronted Kouri about the stolen money, and she admitted to taking it.

The amount of money Kouri reportedly stole from bank accounts is estimated to have been more than $100,000. The amount of money wrongfully charged to Eric’s credit cards is estimated to have been more than $30,000.

According to the petition, in September 2020, after Eric discovered the stolen money, he also discovered Kouri had borrowed $250,000 using a fraudulent Power of Attorney.

Kouri reportedly accomplished this by having Eric sign a Power of Attorney for certain activities, but Kouri allegedly forged Eric’s initials in several categories listed in the Power of Attorney.

“Upon signing, Eric did not believe he was signing over such substantial rights as outlined in the Power of Attorney,” the petition stated. Eric’s purported signature was dated May 8, 2013, but was not purportedly notarized until May 8, 2018.

According to the petition, around March 2019, without Eric’s knowledge or consent, Kouri opened a bank account with a revolving line of credit and borrowed $250,000. She allegedly did this with a Deed of Trust in which Kouri signed Eric’s signature. Eric reportedly confronted Kouri about the fraudulent loan in September 2020, and Kouri reportedly admitted she had wrongfully taken the loan and promised to pay it back.

[…]

Before reading this it never really occurred to me that there can be stealing within a marriage. I have a rather traditional view of "what is mine is yours and what is yours is mine" for marriages.

That being said this woman was very deceitful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unique sky 6793