UT - Kouri Richins, 33, Author, wife, mom, charged in husband’s “unexpected” death last year, May 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should any allegations surface (of plagiarism), KR did tell NPR that she also used a ghostwriter for her book so it seems to me she already has a fall guy to point to!
If she used a ghostwriter and didn't do the illustrations herself, then what exactly did she do to warrant being called the author of the book? I mean, we could all be published authors too if all it takes is finding someone else to do all the work.

If she used a ghostwriter and didn't do the illustrations herself, then what exactly did she do to warrant being called the author of the book? I mean, we could all be published authors too if all it takes is finding someone else to do all the work.
Please PM me when this plagiarism is proven ,with a link. Is there a real link that makes us believe she did not write this ? We have 481 post . I understand she may have mentioned a ghost writer ,but I am pretty sure she was meaning a different type of ghost writer.
My 36 days off ends tomorrow ,sorry if I come off harsh.
(I do think she killed her husband )

Please PM me when this plagiarism is proven ,with a link. Is there a real link that makes us believe she did not write this ? We have 481 post . I understand she may have mentioned a ghost writer ,but I am pretty sure she was meaning a different type of ghost writer.
My 36 days off ends tomorrow ,sorry if I come off harsh.
(I do think she killed her husband )
What is another type of ghostwriter? When I look up the term ghostwriter,all I find is exactly what I believed it to mean, someone who is paid to write books or speeches that are credited to someone else.

What is another type of ghostwriter? When I look up the term ghostwriter,all I find is exactly what I believed it to mean, someone who is paid to write books or speeches that are credited to someone else.
The kids daddy ,is what I kinda thought of. I do not believe this book would not have happened if she did not murder her husband.

Kindly, provide a link, please. I’d be interested in reading about it. TIA
Here you go. Take note NPR is not to be read but the link to the 12 min radio broadcast can be found in my post.

What did she do? She paid someone for their services and in exchange, she's taking full credit as the author. It's certainly not a novel idea. I've not seen this book and can't say whether or not she credits the illustrator of her book or not.

Using a ghostwriter is incredibly common. You come up with the idea, but don't have the writing skills to write it beyond an outline, so you pay someone to do the work but they go uncredited. She wouldn't be the first person to do this and it's the least egregious thing she's done by far, if she did hire one. imo

Last edited:
Here you go. Take note NPR is not to be read but the link to the 12 min radio broadcast can be found in my post.

This is who she said she used for the book.

Why Choose Us?​

At Book Writing Lane, we have a team of professional book writers to bring your dream book come to life. Our writers work meticulously to bring your ideas to life through a well-written book published under your name. We have an exceptional record of writing award-winning books for our clients. Our professional book ghostwriters have helped many clients’ books rank among the best sellers through their excellent book writing skills.

This is who she said she used for the book.

Why Choose Us?​

At Book Writing Lane, we have a team of professional book writers to bring your dream book come to life. Our writers work meticulously to bring your ideas to life through a well-written book published under your name. We have an exceptional record of writing award-winning books for our clients. Our professional book ghostwriters have helped many clients’ books rank among the best sellers through their excellent book writing skills.
She left a review, keep scrolling down

There are two kinds, in my view. One writes the entire speech or book. But the word has also come to mean someone who writes down a book spoken or otherwise communicated by someone else, whose writing skills might need some assistance, but who has the content.

Example of the latter:

The Happy Face Murderer.

That book is in the first person, although the author's name is Jack Smith, the entire story is told from the first person perspective of Keith Jesperson and it's terrifying. Smith recorded Jesperson, cleaned it up, but it's all in Jesperson's words.

This second type (memoir creation) is not the same as the first type (entire thing written by someone else). At least not in the publishing world, and makes a difference when hiring a ghost writer. I can't see them the same way - of course, you can definitely see them the same way, if you wish.

I am not sure why we were discussing ghost writers here or what people are positing about Richins' book. It seems like she lifted the idea from an already existing genre of children's book (self-help/grief) and hired an illustrator and a ghost writer, if I'm following. We don't know if that means she just paid someone else to do the whole thing or not.

I do see why we'd take a dim view of any of this woman's "skills."

IMO.

ER believed his wife Kouri had tried to poison him multiple times. So, it is difficult to understand why ER trusted Kouri enough to drink that Moscow mule she prepared for him. Actually, it doesn't make sense that ER was still with her. Codependency?

Kouri had made her husband a Moscow mule, which he drank in bed. She went to sleep shortly after, and awoke around 3 a.m. to find Eric cold to the touch, she told police.

Court documents allege that Eric Richins believed his wife had tried to poison him multiple timesbefore his death, citing two instances before his apparent fatal overdose in which Eric ingested something that his wife had given him and he fell ill.

She left a review, keep scrolling down

If a ghost writing co.'s website displays a glowing review of co. services --- over a self-professed author's name --- doya s'pose the review coulda been COMPOSED BY STAFF at ghostwriting co?

And if so, I wonder if the co. BILLED purported author for it. ;)
Just wondering.

"These guys did an amazing job at taking what I wanted illustrated and my words and ideas for the book and bring it to life! Highly recommended!
Kouri Richins
March 15, 2023"

Last edited:
Utah mom Kouri Richins signaled she was “single and available” during a TV appearance to promote her book about grief after allegedly killing her husband, according to a body language expert.

Showing up without her wedding ring was what body language and human behavior expert Patti Wood told the US Sun called a “strong choice.”

“Writing a children’s book about grief after losing your husband and promoting it without still wearing a wedding ring is an interesting choice,” Wood told the outlet.

I wonder who had the brains to go to the celebration party KR threw 2 days after her husband's death? I mean, would you? Even for a friend? I'd be horrified if I got an invitation like that.
I thought it was the next day. I assumed that invites were out and that people showed up not even knowing what had happened overnight…

I thought it was the next day. I assumed that invites were out and that people showed up not even knowing what had happened overnight…

Agree that likely the invitations went out based on her assumption that she would get Eric to sign the purchase documents. Likely all e-vites. Wonder when she sent them.

There should be a way to trace the emails deleted the night Eric was killed.

This would have been a time of great tension for her: How could she have a house signing party if the house had not been legally sold and Eric was still around to make trouble?

This could be another part of the motive as to why he was poisoned that night.

So did the sister who was the sole beneficiary of Eric's will must have known he had died and likely knew he had not intended to sign the documents for the home purchase. No wonder she showed up.

Karma needs to take a big bite out of Kouri. This was very premeditated.

If a ghost writing co.'s website displays a glowing review of co. services --- over a self-professed author's name --- doya s'pose the review coulda been COMPOSED BY STAFF at ghostwriting co?

And if so, I wonder if the co. BILLED purported author for it. ;)
Just wondering.

"These guys did an amazing job at taking what I wanted illustrated and my words and ideas for the book and bring it to life! Highly recommended!
Kouri Richins
March 15, 2023"
Well her review is gone now. I couldn’t find it. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics