UT - Kouri Richins, 33, Author, wife, mom, charged in husband’s “unexpected” death last year, May 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree that likely the invitations went out based on her assumption that she would get Eric to sign the purchase documents. Likely all e-vites. Wonder when she sent them.

There should be a way to trace the emails deleted the night Eric was killed.

This would have been a time of great tension for her: How could she have a house signing party if the house had not been legally sold and Eric was still around to make trouble?

This could be another part of the motive as to why he was poisoned that night.

So did the sister who was the sole beneficiary of Eric's will must have known he had died and likely knew he had not intended to sign the documents for the home purchase. No wonder she showed up.

Karma needs to take a big bite out of Kouri. This was very premeditated.
I have to give his sister credit. If it were my brother who has died and I found my sister-in-law partying, I might have gone to prison too, right along with her. I am impressed by the sister’s ability to stay cool even after she was “assaulted” by Kouri. MOO

I am not sure why we were discussing ghost writers here or what people are positing about Richins' book.
On April 12, KR was a 12-min guest on National Public Radio (NPR) (promoting her book) where she revealed to the host that she had the help of a ghostwriter and illustrator. When asked, she said it was a California firm -- Book Writing Lane.

The ghostwriter topic seemed to grow its own legs after somebody suggested testing the book content for plagiarism and another took offense to KR being identified as the author of the book.

It's obviously been a slow news weekend!

If you want to listen to the radiocast, it's linked below.

“Kouri hid from Eric the fact that she was stealing money from him,” the petition says.

But Eric learned in September 2020 she had withdrawn at least $100,000 from his bank account and spent $30,000 on his credit cards since 2016.

Shortly after that, he learned his wife had fraudulently used his power of attorney to secure a $250,000 loan. She also repeatedly took checks from his business and cashed them for her own benefit.

If a ghost writing co.'s website displays a glowing review of co. services --- over a self-professed author's name --- doya s'pose the review coulda been COMPOSED BY STAFF at ghostwriting co?

And if so, I wonder if the co. BILLED purported author for it. ;)
Just wondering.

"These guys did an amazing job at taking what I wanted illustrated and my words and ideas for the book and bring it to life! Highly recommended!
Kouri Richins
March 15, 2023"
I don't think it's necessary to attack the integrity of a business by suggesting its client testimonials on its website are fake -- written by their very own ghostwriters-- and then billed for it!

I'm sorry for anyone that participated in the production of this book when its author was hiding a horrific secret. What we know for certain is the 48 pg book came out within 12 months of the murder which would have required a team effort and betrayal is difficult to overcome. MOO

On April 12, KR was a 12-min guest on National Public Radio (NPR) (promoting her book) where she revealed to the host that she had the help of a ghostwriter and illustrator. When asked, she said it was a California firm -- Book Writing Lane.

The ghostwriter topic seemed to grow its own legs after somebody suggested testing the book content for plagiarism and another took offense to KR being identified as the author of the book.

It's obviously been a slow news weekend!

If you want to listen to the radiocast, it's linked below.

Thank you! I get it now. It just seems the least of her crimes/wicked deeds (the whole idea of the book is a problem for me, I just was wondering why we cared that she borrowed the idea from elsewhere - or had a ghost writer). Happens every day of the week.

Did we figure out if it was self-published?

Even the online used book sellers are taking it off the shelves.

The part that interests me is that, to me, it's plain she thought she could use a religious paradigm (afterlife) to comfort her young children after their father died. If she killed him (and it appears she did, obviously), she certainly had worked out a plan that she thought would somehow protect her children from feeling the loss completely.

So weird. Thanks for the link!

I hope the judge will allow cameras in the courtroom.
I don't think UT statutes prevent cameras but in my experience, it's definitely not something that local networks typically seek or are granted from the Court.

The Paltrow civil case was also held in Summit County and the cameras were by Court TV.

And if both sides have to agree to coverage, I don't see the defense being on board. JMO

May 13, 2023
Kouri Richins bought the home for $2 million amidst her late husband’s hesitancy. Two weeks after his death, Richins placed the unfinished Midway home back on the market.

Wow -- if the house is currently under contract anywhere near the $3.7 list price, I guess she accomplished her goal (to flip at a profit). Seems to me the only one who will benefit will be KR's defense team.

IMO, one thing here is for certain-- KR never deserved a family!

There's got to be a special punishing place for a parent that murders the mother/father of their own children. o_O

May 13, 2023
Kouri Richins bought the home for $2 million amidst her late husband’s hesitancy. Two weeks after his death, Richins placed the unfinished Midway home back on the market.

Wow -- if the house is currently under contract anywhere near the $3.7 list price, I guess she accomplished her goal (to flip at a profit). Seems to me the only one who will benefit will be KR's defense team.

IMO, one thing here is for certain-- KR never deserved a family!

There's got to be a special punishing place for a parent that murders the mother/father of their own children. o_O
[…]

Two weeks after Eric died, Kouri put the home was back up online with an asking price of about $4.8 million, and now there’s a buyer.

Realtor Mike Malmrose has been the property’s listing agent since at least March 2022, before Summit County authorities made the murder investigation public. He confirmed the mansion is now under contract. The asking price is $3.75 million.

[…]

If the buyer doesn’t close, Malmrose said he “doesn’t know what the plan B would be.” But he indicated a couple other buyers were interested.

That would be good news for Kouri, who retained not only criminal defense attorney Skye Lazaro but also bankruptcy attorney Austin Nate.

[…]

[…]

Two weeks after Eric died, Kouri put the home was back up online with an asking price of about $4.8 million, and now there’s a buyer.

Realtor Mike Malmrose has been the property’s listing agent since at least March 2022, before Summit County authorities made the murder investigation public. He confirmed the mansion is now under contract. The asking price is $3.75 million.

[…]

If the buyer doesn’t close, Malmrose said he “doesn’t know what the plan B would be.” But he indicated a couple other buyers were interested.

That would be good news for Kouri, who retained not only criminal defense attorney Skye Lazaro but also bankruptcy attorney Austin Nate.

[…]

Given that Kouri already has a bankruptcy lawyer, I think that house is under contract for way under asking. I think the high asking price is just more smoke and mirrors.

KR's Review of Ghostwriting Co.
Well her review is gone now. I couldn’t find it. MOO
@asmi106082
In case you missed the review I cut & pasted from the ghostwriting co website, here it is:

"These guys did an amazing job at taking what I wanted illustrated and my words and ideas for the book and bring it to life! Highly recommended!
Kouri Richins
March 15, 2023"
Book Writing Lane Reviews: Read Real Clients Feedback"
www.bookwritinglane.com

The part that interests me is that, to me, it's plain she thought she could use a religious paradigm (afterlife) to comfort her young children after their father died. If she killed him (and it appears she did, obviously), she certainly had worked out a plan that she thought would somehow protect her children from feeling the loss completely.

So weird. Thanks for the link!
To me, publishing the book wasn't primarily for the sake of her children, since she could just directly talk to them or write an unpublished book, or take them to counselling.

I also don't think it was primarily for money or fame, since publishing children's books is not an obvious/normal route for that.

I think it was for the sake of appearances, especially to those who might hear accusations from her husband's family, and maybe she thought it'd bolster her reputation with police as innocent. I think it was just to put out into the public realm, the image of herself as a super caring mother who'd never deprive her kids of their father.

JMO

Given that Kouri already has a bankruptcy lawyer, I think that house is under contract for way under asking. I think the high asking price is just more smoke and mirrors.
I agree. It's been sitting on the market for months, but now she's been arrested she'll probably take what she can get - plus any prospective buyer, having learned that she'd been arrested, would probably see it as an opportunity to get a knocked down price...real estate investors are sharks, attracted by blood in the water.

JMO

I have to give his sister credit. If it were my brother who has died and I found my sister-in-law partying, I might have gone to prison too, right along with her. I am impressed by the sister’s ability to stay cool even after she was “assaulted” by Kouri. MOO
Oh ditto on that ! I would have beat the snotty look right off her face!

To me, publishing the book wasn't primarily for the sake of her children, since she could just directly talk to them or write an unpublished book, or take them to counselling.

I also don't think it was primarily for money or fame, since publishing children's books is not an obvious/normal route for that.

I think it was for the sake of appearances, especially to those who might hear accusations from her husband's family, and maybe she thought it'd bolster her reputation with police as innocent. I think it was just to put out into the public realm, the image of herself as a super caring mother who'd never deprive her kids of their father.

JMO

I guess I'm thinking of people who want to be influencers. It's something that does both things at once (assuages her conscience AND makes her trendy).

I do think people think this way. Most of them don't kill anyone, but it's not surprising that a killer might also do these same things, so popular in her generation and consistent with her style, IMO.

JMO
I agree, but I'd like to take it a bit further. She is a manipulator and apparently narcissistic from everything I've read. She wants to have all the control, do things her way, feels she is entitled, no empathy and she believes that she is more superior than others.

Speculation of course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member