UT - Kouri Richins, 33, Author, wife, mom, charged in husband’s “unexpected” death last year, May 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was that mansion/compound owned by someone associated with a clothing MLM scheme/company? I think they are still in business but ??
Was the company's name "Whoop dee doo", or something like that? I'm deep in the lees of the barrel that is my head, and it's too murky in there to come out with the exact syllables.

Clipped from article:

“Kouri claimed to have performed CPR on Eric, but fire and EMS first responders said that was unlikely, citing blood coming from his mouth.

During CPR, when responders asked where Eric’s medications were, warrants state she claimed not to know because “the maid just puts medications in random places.”

Kouri claimed her husband had a pain pill addiction in high school but no substance abuse issues since.

Friends and family told police they did not notice any behavior indicative of drug use, and no pain killers were found in the family home.

Suspicious circumstances

The search warrants obtained by investigators detail the suspicious circumstances leading up to the death.

One of Eric’s two sisters told investigators he had called her a few years ago from Greece. While he and Kouri were on vacation, a drink she handed him made him violently ill.

The sister alleged Eric believed Kouri had tried to kill him.

Eric holds a joint life insurance policy with his business partner Cody Wright. The two men ran the business C&E Stone Masonry.

A warrant states Kouri logged into the two men’s life insurance policy in January 2022 and changed the policy. She removed them as each other’s beneficiary and named herself as the policy’s only beneficiary.

When the insurance company notified the men of the change, they were able to change it back.”
I'm wanting to bump this post of @neesaki , because I feel a detail is being missed. This one:

One of Eric’s two sisters told investigators he had called her a few years ago from Greece. While he and Kouri were on vacation, a drink she handed him made him violently ill.

The sister alleged Eric believed Kouri had tried to kill him.

So, the poisonings weren't a new thing. This is YEARS, and it's in Greece.

LOL - whoop dee doo! Initials LLR, sorta sing-songy.

This case is fascinatingly disgusting.
Oh, yeah, that one. THAT one? A side feature in this case? Sizzling tamales!

IMO we need to locate some approved sources for the spicey nooks and crannies in this case. @Bounceycat just added a new tease to the mix, and I want more! Law and Crime isn't on it yet that I can find.

I think it’s because we know who she is now. But few would suspect her capable of something like this before the arrest, IMO. She looks like butter wouldn’t melt in her mouth.
When I watched her being interviewed about her book I thought to myself she does not look like she experienced grief, or that it was a painful period, and I wondered if the interviewers thought at the time there was something not right with her demeanor, but I don't know if that's just with hindsight. I would love to have watched it without knowing about the charges against her. She just seemed as if she wasn't feeling anything that she was describing, disconnected I think would describe it.

IIRC, it was already mentioned but did KR write the obituary? A few choice of words (phrases) screamed out to me, moo.

Eric Eugene Richins made his last extravagant and largely unexpected gesture on March 4, 2022, signing off on a life, in his own words, “lived to the fullest and with few regrets.” God certainly perfected the mold when Eric was born to Gene and Linda (Carter) Richins on May 13, 1982 in Bountiful, UT. Eric’s world revolved around his family, his love for hunting, the family cattle ranch, and his insane drive as a successful entrepreneur. Being born into the...

Full Obit (reposted):

I read the full obituary. Ladder Day Saints?

Oh yeah, she's smarter than everyone else. NOT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gingina30