UT - Kouri Richins, 33, Author, wife, mom, charged in husband’s unexpected death last year, May 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Updated: Jun 14, 2023 / 09:05 AM MDT

After a short recess, the defense resumed its questioning of Detective O’Driscoll, asking him about when he took over the case as a lead investigator. She asked if he knew the previous investigator had been removed from the case, to which he said she had stepped down because she moved to the patrol unit to respond to emergency situations.

Richins’ attorney asked for clarification that the previous lead investigator left a potential murder case for a patrol position within the department. O’Driscoll said that was common within the department.

Updated: Jun 14, 2023 / 09:05 AM MDT

Following each party’s closing arguments, where lawyers from both sides recounted evidence submitted and the questioning of the three witnesses, the judge determined Kouri Richins will be held with no bail during the pretrial period.

Kouri Richins could still appeal for bail, though she only has a 30-day window to file the appeal.

Right, but I thought she was going to appeal. Maybe I misunderstood.
KR does have 30 days to appeal the ruling she be held in custody until the conclusion of her trial (i.e., no bail) but I don't see anything changing. I expect they will go straight to the preliminary hearing now and they should be setting a date for this at the June 22 scheduling conference.

I still don't understand why she made up the Moscow Mule lie. Why not just say that he went to bed and, since she was in the kid's room, doesn't exactly know what happened? It doesn't make sense. Same thing with the phone. Why would she say that she left the phone in their room? Did Eric call her or something while whe was in distress and that was just a way to justify why she didn't pick it up? Still, could've just said the phone was on mute...

If the case goes to trial, it will be the science that seals her fate. There will be a lot of scientific evidence put forth, imo.

In addition, the lying about performing CPR on ER does not fair well on her.

Updated: Jun 12, 2023 / 06:42 PM EDT

According to O’Driscoll, first responding paramedics said Richins did not perform CPR on her husband, despite telling police that she had.

The prosecution also brought Chris Kotrodimos, a private investigator formerly with the Salt Lake City Police Department and Salt Lake County District Attorney’s Office who specializes in digital forensics, up to the stand. Kotrodimos said he was able to tell when the phone was locked, unlocked, and used to make calls or send messages or how it moved – including GPS data from an Apple Watch – during the time of Eric Richins’ death.

If the case goes to trial, it will be the science that seals her fate. There will be a lot of scientific evidence put forth, imo.

In addition, the lying about performing CPR on ER does not fair well on her.

Updated: Jun 12, 2023 / 06:42 PM EDT

According to O’Driscoll, first responding paramedics said Richins did not perform CPR on her husband, despite telling police that she had.

The prosecution also brought Chris Kotrodimos, a private investigator formerly with the Salt Lake City Police Department and Salt Lake County District Attorney’s Office who specializes in digital forensics, up to the stand. Kotrodimos said he was able to tell when the phone was locked, unlocked, and used to make calls or send messages or how it moved – including GPS data from an Apple Watch – during the time of Eric Richins’ death.
The gadgets are gonna get her convicted. It never ceases to amaze me how digital forensics can provide such a wealth of information thanks to the very technology used by the accused perps, often directly in the commission of their crimes

I think this must be "the other house" KR rented that came up in the civil court pleadings. I think Kouri said she only moved her clothes there as a gesture to Eric. Sad. IMO, Eric lost his life for his sons.
I just remembered the house KR rented was located in Oakley which is only be about 5.5 miles from Kamas -- how convenient. The ongoing manipulation here is exhausting. MOO o_O

Comprehensive article of the detention hearing which includes 31 page Motion to Set Conditions for Release.

The County Attorney's Office said Kouri gave "demonstrably false information" regarding the night Eric died, saying she went to sleep in her child's room around 9:30 p.m., but cell phone records show she browsed the internet after 10:00 p.m., and there's a 14 minute delay from when she unlocked her phone at 3:07 a.m. and when she called 911 at 3:22 a.m. In addition, she deleted her text messages from her phone the night Eric died.

I still don't understand why she made up the Moscow Mule lie.
^^rsbm

I know that toxicology came back negative for THC (even though KR alleged Eric drank and consumed edibles during the evening) but I don't recall if there was ever confirmation that Eric tested positive for alcohol.

Did anybody hear anything about blood alcohol results on Monday?

^^rsbm

I know that toxicology came back negative for THC (even though KR alleged Eric drank and consumed edibles during the evening) but I don't recall if there was ever confirmation that Eric tested positive for alcohol.

Did anybody hear anything about blood alcohol results on Monday?
I think I read just a few posts ago that LE said no glass was even found at the scene? Did I imagine it lol?

I think I read just a few posts ago that LE said no glass was even found at the scene? Did I imagine it lol?
I believe the prosecutor referred to the room/scene as being staged.
It follows since evidence shows KR had several minutes to destroy evidence and/or stage the crime scene given the forensic evidence of her electronics revealed she walked around for several minutes before calling 911.

Kotrodimos said data shows Kouri unlocked her phone at 3:07 a.m. on March 4 as well as at 3:12, 3:16 and twice at 3:19 a.m. This means there were roughly 15 minutes between when the device was first moved and when the 911 call was made.

A Utah mom and children's author accused of poisoning her husband wrote a chilling email to police attempting to explain away the 'exotic vacations' she took after his death.

Kouri Richins, 33, allegedly poisoned her husband Eric with a fentanyl-laced Moscow Mule in March 2022, before publishing a picture book to help children cope with losing a loved one.

In an email to authorities while the death was being investigated, Richins addressed questions about why she took lavish holidays while grieving his death.

I still don't understand why she made up the Moscow Mule lie. Why not just say that he went to bed and, since she was in the kid's room, doesn't exactly know what happened? It doesn't make sense. Same thing with the phone. Why would she say that she left the phone in their room? Did Eric call her or something while whe was in distress and that was just a way to justify why she didn't pick it up? Still, could've just said the phone was on mute...
yes, the drink story....there didnt appear to be a cocktail (or glass) in the bedroom where she said she brought it to him...secondly, why would she point out to LE a drink that SHE claims she mixed for him if it contained fatal narcotics? she was deflecting to other possible causes.... she made note of his allergy shot..claimed he had chest pains earlier...

my questions: stomach contents at autopsy? and: if Eric was suspicious of her, why would he accept ANYTHING to be eaten or accept a drink prepared by her considering he felt she tried to poison him on Valentines day and prior to that? and went to legal extents to exclude her as Trustee of his estate without her knowledge....or:

was she so convincing to him that evening to work things out and he trusted her one last time? her final manipulative performance?

her phone: IIRC she deleted data from her phone before calling 911....and there was movement on her phone although she claims she left it in the bedroom.....and he was cold when they arrived. similar to Tammy Daybell, although she was in rigor and was deceased for several hours. Im not sure about Eric..paramedic on the scene said he was cold, deceased awhile but not long, but that would be further determined by the coroner. right?

I believe the prosecutor referred to the room/scene as being staged.
It follows since evidence shows KR had several minutes to destroy evidence and/or stage the crime scene given the forensic evidence of her electronics revealed she walked around for several minutes before calling 911.

Kotrodimos said data shows Kouri unlocked her phone at 3:07 a.m. on March 4 as well as at 3:12, 3:16 and twice at 3:19 a.m. This means there were roughly 15 minutes between when the device was first moved and when the 911 call was made.

yes, those darn electronics...:rolleyes: I believe there will be photos documenting the scene. there appears to be zero access to validated information at this time.

The 2018 rx: Quetiapine

Do we know if they found evidence of a recent refill? I am guessing she was off her meds based on her escalating behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper