UT - Kouri Richins, 33, Author, wife, mom, charged in husband’s unexpected death last year, May 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if she's doing this to herself somehow (taking the wrong medication) to get out of jail for 24 hours or however long?
Thinking the same. They must be too, thus the reason for searching her cell. Really hard to believe she’s been given the wrong medication six times.
(Curious who that “source“ is?)
I guess she never thought they’d search her cell. Dumb and dumber. JMO

9/18/23

[..]

On Friday, Richins 'had an incident' when given the wrong medication and was taken to the hospital after seizing up at Utah's Summit County Jail. The source said it was the sixth time she's been given the wrong medicine.

While she was recovering, her cell was searched and a six-page letter addressed to Richins' mother, Lisa Darden. In the letter, Richins' asks her mom to tell Richins' brother, Ronney, to repeat a narrative prosecutors say is a lie.

In the letter - included in a no contact order filed by the state - Richins says she wants her brother to repeat the link between Eric 'getting pills and drugs in Mexico' to the fentanyl that killed
She’s obviously lying in the letter, as she claimed the opposite early on after his death.
Did she forget that?

“After he died, Kouri claimed he had an addiction to pain medicine in high school but there were no substance abuse issues since.”

I wonder if she's doing this to herself somehow (taking the wrong medication) to get out of jail for 24 hours or however long?

Thinking the same. They must be too, thus the reason for searching her cell. Really hard to believe she’s been given the wrong medication six times.
That was my first thought to. Probably making a show of taking meds but not swallowing, then overdosing to achieve symptoms.

Manipulator can't not manipulate.

Jmo

Wonder if her "medication" is being provided by another inmate.

I thought in jail you had to swallow the pill in front of a nurse? Besides, you'd know what the pill looked like.

I wonder if she mixed the medication with something.... I mean, supposing you swallowed a large quantity of Ramen noodle powder right after you'd taken the pill? Or maybe she drank a bottle of Nyquil?

Or else, she swapped medication with another inmate?

I thought in jail you had to swallow the pill in front of a nurse? Besides, you'd know what the pill looked like.

I wonder if she mixed the medication with something.... I mean, supposing you swallowed a large quantity of Ramen noodle powder right after you'd taken the pill? Or maybe she drank a bottle of Nyquil?

Or else, she swapped medication with another inmate?
Idk, but something sure is hinky about it.

Ramen noodle powder ? :D

I mean, it's not like she can help herself to medication. It's given to her. Now, who gave her the wrong medication?

If she’s doing it on purpose somehow, I’m thinking she must be trading medications with another inmate or something. I just don’t think it’s plausible that the prison has mistakenly given her the wrong medication SIX times.

Well, ramen is high in sodium....
I'm sure the inmates have a gazillion protocols for acquiring that seizure-look. I would hazard a guess that Kouri got re-supplied with fake fent or her pals knew how to make her foam at the mouth. She's kind of a slow learner (viz the letter) when it comes to inmate savvy, so she was prolly missing some key detail, which caused the whole event to be obviously hinky.

I'll bet all of this is because she figured if she was in hospital, they'd let her mom come and visit. And then she could do all the witness-pampering she wanted. So, yeah, this episode has some relationship to THE letter.

She’s one of the most unlikable and unsympathetic women I’ve ever seen. The more I read, the less I like (and there wasn’t much to like about her to begin with). She’s on par with the likes of Jodi Arias and Casey Anthony, if you ask me. It’s the entitled, superiority complex and inflated ego.

I’ve found immense joy in this latest news — knowing that she’s just blown up her own case with that “walk the dog” letter. It’s truly top-shelf schadenfreude.

SUMMIT COUNTY, Utah — The attorney for the family of Eric Richins says he's shocked over a newly-discovered letter from Kouri Richins, written while she is incarcerated in a Summit County jail cell awaiting trial for the murder of her husband.

Prosecutors say the letter shows wrongdoing and witness tampering.

"What it looks like is an attempt to have someone make up a story for a trial," said Eric Richins' family spokesperson, attorney Greg Skordas. "Shocking! But that seems to be what we get every couple months in this case."

[…]

You can’t coach a witness or tell a witness what to say, that’s classic witness tampering," he said.

A trial date set has yet to be set as evidence in the case, said to be over a million pages, is still being reviewed. But Skordas believes this new development involving the letter has been troubling.

"It’s almost like she has disassociated herself with the crime and trying to create a narrative that’s not true," he said. "You’d just expect a different attitude from someone under these circumstances."

FOX 13 News reached out to Kouri Richins' attorney, Sky Lazaro, regarding the letter but she has yet to respond.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member