UT - Kouri Richins, 33, Author, wife, mom, charged in husband’s “unexpected” death last year, May 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any thoughts on why bankruptcy attorney name on this also?
Seems odd
Not really, this means he'll be noticed by the court of KR's hearings so that there will be no conflict with his own schedule -- especially since the criminal matter is in Summit County District Court and the other matter is in the U.S. District Court- UT (Federal Bankruptcy).

Also, both of KR's attorneys work for the same firm.

Remember, I did admit it was silly of me to not trust her due to her side part and wearing of jackets all the time, but I just felt it made her look like she was trying to hide something. That's a weird side part, like a "comb-over".

View attachment 421298..View attachment 421299View attachment 421297

Oh, I get it now...she wears outdoor jackets indoors? It makes it look like she just dropped in or is just about to leave. It is disconcerting, because no one else is wearing a coat. Definitely some psychology to that.

Oh, I get it now...she wears outdoor jackets indoors? It makes it look like she just dropped in or is just about to leave. It is disconcerting, because no one else is wearing a coat. Definitely some psychology to that.
I think it shows she stopped by for a casual chat. Not rehearsed, just having a friendly conversation. Personable. Not that I believe it. And I noticed the jacket right off and thought it was weird.

A second book was (is?) in the pipeline, along with tweaks to the first::rolleyes:

A second book, “Mom, How Far Away is Heaven?,” will be published by May. Richins said they are also working on different variations of the first book where the main character is a girl who has lost her mother and a child who has lost a sibling.
My heart missed a beat when I read another book would be about a child who lost a sibling. This is chilling, could she get life insurance on the children, munchausen by proxy?

"The Grand Home" looks like four or five (or six?) houses cobbled together - endless architectural sprawl. Not appealing.
It's like 5 MacMansions plus a Whopper Mini-Me Macmansion. Looks like a great setting, but imagine in a lightning storm! It's like it'll make it's own weather.

The Whopper Mini-Me Macmansion (aka guesthouse) is 5x bigger than my house. Just sayin'.

Last edited:
My heart missed a beat when I read another book would be about a child who lost a sibling. This is chilling, could she get life insurance on the children, munchausen by proxy?
That's an interesting idea....Maybe the whole thing is a form of Munchausen by Proxy. Kill your husband to create extreme grief in your kids, and then come to their rescue in the guise of saintliness. And then become mommy-expert. And then exploit the tears in SM.

How did all of you know about this for awhile? I just learned of it, and it has left me upset and angry at this horrible woman.

Married 9 yrs. and three young sons. I can't believe all this woman did to try to kill her husband with lethal drugs. Beyond greedy. She's ruthless and truly evil. Then, to top it all off, she writes a book about grief and dedicates it to her husband.

About two weeks later, Kouri Richins allegedly contacted the acquaintance again because "her investor wanted something stronger and asked for 'some of the Michael Jackson stuff,'" and "asked specifically for fentanyl," the charging document stated. The acquaintance allegedly procured 15 to 30 fentanyl pills in exchange for $900 on Feb. 11, 2022, according to the charging document.

Three days later, following a Valentine's Day dinner at their home, Eric Richins became "very ill" and "believed that he had been poisoned," the charging document stated.

"Eric told a friend that he thought his wife was trying to poison him," the charging document stated.

According to the search warrant, Eric Richins took one bite of a sandwich his wife bought him that Valentine's Day and "broke into hives and couldn't breathe." He reportedly used an EpiPen and took Benadryl and passed out; when he woke up, he "immediately called his business partner about the incident," the search warrant stated.

Kouri Richins allegedly contacted the acquaintance about two weeks later... :eek:
Why didn’t he leave her?

What was her motive?

I assume it was the reported $3.6 million estate.

Kouri Richins, 33, allegedly tried to name herself the beneficiary of her 39-year-old husband Eric’s life insurance policy instead of his sister shortly before his March 2022 death, FOX 13 Salt Lake City reported.

However, the insurance firm alerted Eric to the change in time for him to reverse it, according to the outlet, which cited search warrant documents

Richins allegedly assaulted her sister-in-law during a party she hosted just one day after Eric’s death “where she was drinking and celebrating,” according to previous reports.

And both sides have spent the past several months in court over Eric’s $3.6 million estate, FOX 13 reported.

Kouri Richins, author accused of killing husband, tried changing life insurance policy

Why didn’t he leave her?
I honestly don't know why he stayed if he thought she was trying to poison him. I can only guess and imagine.

Guesses only-- She knew how to keep him confused enough, maybe gas lighting him, into thinking he was imagining it? They had three children and he thought they were both committed to their family?

Look at their family photo at the beach. They look happy. I want to know how often they argued. Want to hear more from his sister who argued with her while staying at the house right after the death. However, didn't he catch her trying to change his life insurance beneficiary? You asked a very good question I can't answer.

LuLaRoe was the best known clothing MLM in recent years.

The one person I knew personally who was involved in it got in it early, because she liked the clothing, and actually did quite well and fortunately got out before the clothing drastically declined in quality and things went sideways.
I went to a party with daughter years ago. $65 leggings, no thanks :)

I just googled "Mormons and MLMs". Whoa.
I was going to refrain from this, but yeah, a lot of them are indeed run by Mormons, for all the reasons we've discussed. Military spouses are also targeted in many cases.

The lady I knew who sold LuLaRoe is not Mormon, and AFAIK didn't even attempt to recruit other sellers. Like I said, she liked the clothing and wanted her friends and acquaintances (she had a ready-made audience - long story) to enjoy them as much as she did. I never bought anything from her, because they weren't styles that I would wear, and I also thought they were overpriced for what they were.

LuLaRoe required an $8,000 buy-in and my acquaintance knew that very few people would be able to commit to anything like this.

That's an interesting idea....Maybe the whole thing is a form of Munchausen by Proxy. Kill your husband to create extreme grief in your kids, and then come to their rescue in the guise of saintliness. And then become mommy-expert. And then exploit the tears in SM.
I actually believe there could be something to this. Just think, she allegedly poisoned/ drugged him on multiple occasions .
Would she resort to doing something to one of their children next? I would put nothing past her.

On another note….. Does anyone have any idea what could have caused his extreme allergic reaction to the mysterious substance she put in his sandwich? After only one bite?
I think it’s important because it doesn’t sound like a typical drug.
What could she have used that caused him to go into anaphylactic shock like that? TIA
What a piece of work she is. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member