Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #16 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know that she willingly went to his house. Maybe, maybe not.

But she took the Lyft to a park, not to his home.

Her phone went dead immediately upon getting into his car. If she was willingly accompanying him home, I don't think her cell would have been turned off so suddenly. JMO

Again, generational disconnection I think.

If you want to go into a different headspace, you turn off your phone. Not silent it. Turn it off.
Silent means nothing. My phones on silent all the time and I'm constantly checking it. Turned off means shut the world out.

People I know who hook up do that. I find it personally bad because of people like AA, but it's seriously like... off means that world is off. Who you are in that world is shut down for a bit.

She wouldn't want to mentally deal with connection to mom messaging back whilst she's relieving stress. Silent doesn't block anything out. Off does.

Here is the first case off of the top of my head. Although it may have been resolved by trial. But it gives you an idea how difficult it can be to get digital records. Hth.

San Bernardino judge delays ruling on bid to exclude key evidence in McStay family murder case – San Bernardino Sun

In a related matter, McGee informed Smith that the phone carrier T-Mobile has not complied with a subpoena to produce requested phone records.

“Their position was they are not going to comply unless we pay them,” McGee told Smith. Failure by telecommunications companies to provide phone records has been a recurring issue in the Merritt case. In July 2016, AT&T failed to comply with three subpoenas issued by Maline and McGee for phone records, prompting the attorneys to file a motion requesting that Smith compel the phone service provider to comply.

Smith scheduled a contempt-of-court hearing on the T-Mobile issue for May 25. Representatives from T-Mobile could not immediately be reached for comment.

Thanks much for this info.

I feel better knowing that this failure to comply is based on non payment for the service versus a point of law.

Why did she go to his house at 3am then? To talk? To someone she met that she didn't know?
I mean, I think there is some serious disconnection here. I'm a millennial. People my age do this kind of thing. It's not... blaming or shaming and I think it's cruel for people to think that it is.

People seem to have a disconnection to the fact that people do this. That doesn't mean they deserve to be hit over the head and murdered. It's just mere, pure facts. Sometimes facts aren't palatable.

"What you call a sexual pest, I call a sexual predator."
Semantics, but he didn't snatch her off the street. Like let's be realistic, she willingly met up with him for some reason. That doesn't mean she should be murdered, just that there was a reason she was there, it wasn't happenstance. Unless you think it was happenstance? That would be going against what LE has as evidence.

We do not know that she willingly met up with AA for the purpose of having sex. LE has NOT released the content of their text messages. I don't believe he was using his real name. In fact, the Affidavit notes the text message exchange was with "an individual later identified as AA."

ML didn't go to his house at 3 AM, she took a Lyft to a park. He may have lured her by saying he had been studying all night and wanted to catch a bite to eat. Meeting in the park would save on her cost of the Lyft.

JMO

No words. Poor Mackenzie. Not sure why the phone was cut off, not sure why she met A, but she did not deserve this horrific murder. I bounce between my ideas of what happened but now I cannot think. Murder is bad enough but to burn her body, to put a hole in her head and to scalp her. Like I said, no words. Shaking my head in disbelief.

RIP MacKenzie and God Bless your family and friends.

Her phone may have been turned off before getting into his car.
She may have turned it off herself as soon as her Lyft ride pulled into the parking lot.
Lyft records show she was dropped off at approximately 2:59 and her phone was powered off at 2:59, per the charging documents.

Her last text to him was just one minute prior to that.

It's possible she turned off her phone per some agreed-upon arrangement upon arrival at the parking lot and seeing his vehicle there.

JMO.

If she arrived at 2:59 and the phone was powered off at 2:59, I think she likely turned it off herself. That doesn't sound like enough time to even put her luggage into the car to me.

HOLD UP. Got to point something out. I don't think they met for sex guys. One thing to remember is that they got this asshat on an aggravating kidnapping charge before they even found her body. There must be something in the text messages that indicates she didn't go with him willingly or maybe even something that indicates she thought she was meeting him for a different reason, maybe even possibly threatened. I was looking up what Aggravating Kidnapping means and this came up on Google:

I can't help but wonder if he was stalking her online and maybe feared her into meeting up with him. Even @yellowmoose said back when this all started she couldn't see Kenzie meeting him willingly. Something must have made her go there for them to get him on that kidnapping charge.

The serious bodily injury was known to LE from charred remains. Later disclosed by AG to include skull matter. So LE presumed she was dead bc of skull dna.

Potentially both, I would imagine. Play dough and tube has no resistance but pipe going into skull has to pass hair, skin, skull whatever other tissue gets in the way. If pipe used, probably sideways. Doubtful he would try ramming it straight in as opposed to side hit. I’m with hand tool of some type. Short instrument. Bc being close to the victim needed bc instant reaction in anger. And /or thrill of hit up close and personal.

just thinking about how a piece of scalp with hair still on it could have not been burnt and hair not be burnt off, was thinking if it was lodged inside a bar.

It says “scalp” not “skull”. A portion of skin around the hole was missing.

Scalp missing does not make a hole in the head. Skin was missing bc the instrument had to go past scalp skin before reaching skull to make a hole. So it’s either on the tool or squished into the hole itself.

She wasn't meeting AA for breakfast and what makes somebody with a ton of responsibilities in life put everything on hold especially at that time?

Its either money or sex or both.

How do you know she wasn't meeting AA for breakfast? Women do have friendships with males and sex isn't involved. I don't believe sex or money was on KL's mind. I think she thought she was meeting up with someone she thought she knew.

JMO

We do not know that she willingly met up with AA for the purpose of having sex. LE has NOT released the content of their text messages. I don't believe he was using his real name. In fact, the Affidavit notes the text message exchange was with "an individual later identified as AA."

ML didn't go to his house at 3 AM, she took a Lyft to a park. He may have lured her by saying he had been studying all night and wanted to catch a bite to eat. Meeting in the park would save on her cost of the Lyft.

JMO

That's semantics. Later identified as AA means that he was later confirmed. When i write court report pieces, that's what I write if I want to demonstrate that it was indeed confirmed.

No, we don't know for sure she went there for sex, but it is logical and a normal, fine thing to do. Emotionally it may be upsetting, but logically it's the most likely. That doesn't mean AA had any right to kill her, he's a monster, but monsters exist in a logical world, not just in books.

Hi! This is my first post, but I have been lurking for years.

This case was very close to home—literally. I live very close to all the locations mentioned in this investigation.

I have been thinking about a possible motive (my background is psychology) and nothing has really made sense until the charges were public today. I think the aggravated kidnaping charge says more about what happened than anything else. I think it’s possible that ML was being blackmailed by AA. Perhaps she refused to meet him at his home (specially if she had been there before) and he offered to meet at the “park across the street from the North Salt Lake police station” you know, giving her a false sense of security.
In the surveillance pictures of ML at the airport, her face looks red/preoccupied, possibly crying.
She was obviously distraught and felt like she needed to meet this guy right away or at least comply with his demands.

Thoughts?

I mentioned the possible photo shoot lure earlier. But, it wouldn't make much sense based on how she was casually dressed/done up in the airport photos at 2am. I thought maybe going to look at proofs might have been a possible lure.

This of course would mean they would have met up before for the photos.

If she felt comfortable with him, dress-up and makeup might have been planned for in his home, rather than in an airport bathroom.

Consider which one would have sounded preferable to her, based on what she believed, not based on what we know now.

Here is the first case off of the top of my head. Although it may have been resolved by trial. But it gives you an idea how difficult it can be to get digital records. Hth.

San Bernardino judge delays ruling on bid to exclude key evidence in McStay family murder case – San Bernardino Sun

In a related matter, McGee informed Smith that the phone carrier T-Mobile has not complied with a subpoena to produce requested phone records.

“Their position was they are not going to comply unless we pay them,” McGee told Smith. Failure by telecommunications companies to provide phone records has been a recurring issue in the Merritt case. In July 2016, AT&T failed to comply with three subpoenas issued by Maline and McGee for phone records, prompting the attorneys to file a motion requesting that Smith compel the phone service provider to comply.

Smith scheduled a contempt-of-court hearing on the T-Mobile issue for May 25. Representatives from T-Mobile could not immediately be reached for comment.

Contempt could result in fines and/or jail time to some upper management person for failure of a corporation to comply with the subpoena. IMHO it’s not a request. It’s an order to produce. Depending on the state, it’s an order by judge or by an attorney. Contempt of court is a BIG problem if you’re not complying.

Again, generational disconnection I think.

If you want to go into a different headspace, you turn off your phone. Not silent it. Turn it off.
Silent means nothing. My phones on silent all the time and I'm constantly checking it. Turned off means shut the world out.

People I know who hook up do that. I find it personally bad because of people like AA, but it's seriously like... off means that world is off. Who you are in that world is shut down for a bit.

She wouldn't want to mentally deal with connection to mom messaging back whilst she's relieving stress. Silent doesn't block anything out. Off does.

It might be a generational disconnect, but I am pretty connected to millennials, having a few kids that age.

My young daughter has to travel alone for business, and has lots of meetings with people she knows only 'online', and then meets up in real life eventually for work purposes.

Instead of turning her phone off at that time, she texts me to tell me where and when she has that meeting , and then I know I can expect to hear from her at some point afterwards to check in.

I dont understand why she would turn off her communication device when she was climbing into a car with someone she had never met in real life. Millennial or Baby Boomer, it doesn't make a lot of sense, to me anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia