Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #17 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with his. If that happened, why not smother her? Blunt force on the side of her skull indicates anger and violence.

You're thinking like a reasonable human, there. I agree completely.

Perps who swing something at the head of their murder victims are usually among the most calculated and cold-blooded, IMO. Strangulation/smothering is the more "personal" way to do it (and is more often seen when someone kills a family member).

Anyone who picks up a hammer or an ax or a wrench or similar and advances on someone has definitely got instantaneous death/incapacitation in mind. In fact, many people sleep with similar next to their beds (better than a knife for most purposes - if you're strong enough to grip and use it).

LE has the text messages. We haven't seen them.

But we do know AA was charged with aggravated kidnapping before ML's body was discovered. The DA wouldn't have filed kidnapping charges if those text messages show ML was willingly meeting up with AA and intended to go to his home.

JMO

I don't think that's quite accurate. They found charred muscle tissue, bone, and scalp with hair in his burn pit before they charged/arrested him. He wouldn't have known they found all that, but he probably could guess. He went over to his friend's apartments. They announced they had a DNA match at the time of the first charges (it's in the charging documents).

They found parts of her body at his house and the rest in Logan Canyon. Just because papers keep saying "MK's body was found in Logan Canyon" doesn't mean that the parts of her at his house don't exist. This is a terrible crime to try and imagine.

I think that’s weird a neighbor wants to keep a tree alive on her killers property who snuffed out her life. Go to her apt property and water a tree or plant a new one not at her killers property.

But someday, someone else who is presumably not a murderer will live in that house, hopefully make happy memories there, and appreciate a healthy, living tree :)

I meant it would be the first time I have ever heard of someone hitting a person in the head with a hammer who is having a seizure.
I'm not sure how he would explain the reasoning for that.

It's true that we don't really know whether he planned to kill her or not. Things may have gotten out of control and he may have snapped and ended up killing her in a violent rage.
If we only knew whether or not she entered the house voluntarily or not. The phone being turned off almost immediately after they made contact is suspicious, as well as the time and location that they met. I'm sure his intentions are clear in those text messages, though. Imo

The DA had no trouble discerning his "intentions" from those text messages. The DA doesn't file charges if he doesn't have evidence to prove them.

I think the theory that she willingly arrived and had sex with AA and he "accidentally" killed her to be both absurd but also incredibly insensitive to the cruelty ML no doubt endured before she died.

The animal who murdered Sydney Loofe tried to sell the "voluntary sex/accident" theory to a jury and they had no trouble convicting him in under three hours.

JMO

This is a great question. It is one of the first things we ever heard. We know they did not have a subpoena for her phone at the time.

Jmo.

ETA: I guess it is possible they could review video without a subpoena possibly and check Lyfts, Ubers, taxis...
So it wasn't ever disclosed in the media because I know you would have that in your fact bank. . Your memory for facts is amazing.
Yes, reported very early on and at some point people were questioning if she were missing or just away by choice. I have considered the possibility the Lyft driver reported it, but I've really not seen anything that confirms that.

Has anyone shared the news story with genius trying to pick up women using the church directory yet? Sorry if we have already, I didn’t recall seeing this one here: https://ksltv.com/417600/ayoola-ajayi-the-online-persona/

That guy was relentless.
“It was determined by the Medical Examiner’s office that Lueck suffered blunt force trauma to the left side of her skull resulting in significant intracranial hemorrhaging, which would have been fatal. Preliminary determination shows the manner of death to be homicide.”
BBM

I have questions about this statement. I’m attempting to read between the lines and honestly thinking about whether he followed any ritual type murders or sacrifices he may have been exposed to in Nigeria, Youruba culture. I have read about body parts being offered as sacrifices and such and I’m just curious about this part.

1. The “would have” - why does it say would have? Aren’t they able to tell in the brain if there was hemorrhaging? Should we assume her brain was inside her skull?

2. The death by homocide. They aren’t necessarily saying the blow to head was the cause of death, correct? Would they NOT be telling another potential cause of death or possibly are forensics not complete in order to know for sure?

If there's a silver lining in this tragedy (and I'm not sure there are any), I hope it takes the shine and glamor away from the Sugar Baby subculture that has been popularized by mainstream media. It's not safe, and it's not ethical. It leaves scars, most of them invisible.

Maybe get people away from Singles Wards and Mutual (lds/Mormon) dating app since we know he actually used those as ways to meet women.

This goes way back, but I can't find the info and I really don't know....where did LE get the info that ML went to the park by Lyft transport?

It seems that was reported early on..ty
After her family reported her missing, it was reported that her text to them said she had landed and was going to take a Lyft home. Soon after, Lyft issued a statement. MOO

Last edited:

Perps who swing something at the head of their murder victims are usually among the most calculated and cold-blooded, IMO. Strangulation/smothering is the more "personal" way to do it (and is more often seen when someone kills a family member).

Anyone who picks up a hammer or an ax or a wrench or similar and advances on someone has definitely got instantaneous death/incapacitation in mind. In fact, many people sleep with similar next to their beds (better than a knife for most purposes - if you're strong enough to grip and use it).

I don't think that's quite accurate. They found charred muscle tissue, bone, and scalp with hair in his burn pit before they charged/arrested him. He wouldn't have known they found all that, but he probably could guess. He went over to his friend's apartments. They announced they had a DNA match at the time of the first charges (it's in the charging documents).

They found parts of her body at his house and the rest in Logan Canyon. Just because papers keep saying "MK's body was found in Logan Canyon" doesn't mean that the parts of her at his house don't exist. This is a terrible crime to try and imagine.

My point wasn't about the evidence of she was murdered, my point in that post is that they also charged AA with aggravated kidnapping. The DA had seen the text message exchange and knows ML didn't voluntarily got to AA's house.

JMO

I think he was antsy to live out a sexual fantasy....and the fantasy might not have included the job of clean-up afterward.

We all have fantasies, but I bet few of us think of reality "after the fact" like picking up clothes off the floor, going to the bathroom, seeing make-up smeared on your face....the unattractive side of "after fantasy." So, maybe in advance of the crime, his mind was racing on the acts that he found pleasurable. Then, in real life, he had a dead body to deal with.

Then again, I'm still considering that the fire and home burial were part of the fantasy. Maybe he got off knowing a nice Mormon girl was secretly buried in his back yard.

jmo
This so often seems to be the case. The killer seems to put a lot of effort into how they are going to carry out the crime, yet they don't appear to put much thought into the cover up and consequences of their actions. Imo

LE has the text messages. We haven't seen them.

But we do know AA was charged with aggravated kidnapping before ML's body was discovered. The DA wouldn't have filed kidnapping charges if those text messages show ML was willingly meeting up with AA and intended to go to his home.

JMO

Respectfully disagree. Aggravated kidnapping doesn't mean pre-planning to use another posters term. It simply means he restrained her and committed a violent Act. That was obvious from the crime scene before they ever found her body and has nothing to do with whether she went with him willingly or not

This is a great question. It is one of the first things we ever heard. We know they did not have a subpoena for her phone at the time.

Jmo.

ETA: I guess it is possible they could review video without a subpoena possibly and check Lyfts, Ubers, taxis...
They would have found the charge for the Lyft on her bank records.

JMO

JUL 11, 2019
Gruesome details revealed in slaying of Utah college student
[...]

A freshly dug site was found by Ajayi's garage. It was there that police found a human bone, part of a scalp with hair, a phone and charred personal items, Gill said.

Ajayi's neighbor told police he or she saw a fire in a pit in the suspect's yard and that Ajayi allegedly poured gasoline on it, Gill said.

The neighbor noteda "horrible smell" coming from Ajayi's yard, Gill said.

A gasoline can was found in the trunk of his car, Gill said.

[...]

So they physically have her phone. That's good to know. I wonder what kind of shape it's in.

Also can we please get off the continued immigration discussion. Tricia has warned us multiple times. It's irrelevant to the case. Also, Africa is a continent which has 54 nation states and over 2,000 distinct cultural/ethnic groups. The over-generalizing with regard to AA is getting a bit much. He's a reprehensible individual who most likely committed a heinous crime. He's no different than any other home-grown violent perpetrator on these threads in this forum who decided to take a person's life because he felt entitled to their body, their time, their property, their money and so on.

They would have found the charge for the Lyft on her bank records.

JMO

It's interesting they knew she had taken a lyft at the very beginning which would have been before they started subpoenaing things and it seems to me unlikely they would have been able to subpoena all her credit cards to see which one is connected to Uber or Lyft and which one she uses.

As a practical matter, nobody uses taxis at SLC Airport. Plus she probably told her parents she was taking a lyft home. Lift and over probably cooperated with the police just because they are concerned about bad publicity lately

Respectfully disagree. Aggravated kidnapping doesn't mean pre-planning to use another posters term. It simply means he restrained her and committed a violent Act. That was obvious from the crime scene before they ever found her body and has nothing to do with whether she went with him willingly or not
Aggravated kidnapping is because he also murdered ML. The proof of the kidnapping will be in the text message exchange as well as the cell phone data from the park.

JMO

It could have been they were having a casual fling (in her eyes) and he thought it was more and snapped when he found out she was dating others. Just other one of my opinions on motive, the whole thing still isn’t adding up to me.

It's interesting they knew she had taken a lyft at the very beginning which would have been before they started subpoenaing things and it seems to me unlikely they would have been able to subpoena all her credit cards to see which one is connected to Uber or Lyft and which one she uses.

As a practical matter, nobody uses taxis at SLC Airport. Plus she probably told her parents she was taking a lyft home. Lift and over probably cooperated with the police just because they are concerned about bad publicity lately
Yes, she told her parents she was taking a Lyft. They wouldn't have to subpoena her bank records if her parents had access to her accounts.

JMO

Aggravated kidnapping is because he also murdered ML. The proof of the kidnapping will be in the text message exchange as well as the cell phone data from the park.

JMO
Agreed. And the turning off of the cell phone is also some proof of kidnapping since it is so unusual.

That being said, I'm wondering if they have the substance of the text messages or just the fact they were texting. You could see they were texting from the phone records but that wouldn't necessarily show you the content. To have a content, it would have needed to be on his phone and not deleted.

I had to go read the article linked again just to be sure. Just putting this data here to tie it together in case someone else needs it like me. From the article linked in quote.

During subsequent search warrant on June 26 carried out on Ajayi’s home, “detectives discovered what appeared to be a freshly dug site behind Ajayi’s garage. During the forensic excavation of the site, police located a human bone, charred muscular tissue, part of a scalp with hair, a cellphone and other charred personal items.”

Gill said Wednesday that in an alley adjacent to Ajayi’s home, investigators found charred black fabric, buckles and other items of evidentiary value. DNA testing of the muscular tissue returned a profile consistent with a DNA profile obtained from the personal items belonging to Lueck, Gill said.

BBM

I think they checked and verified the address with the Lyft Company. I remember them making a statement about that in the very beginning. Imo

I agree. They did. We had indication from early on, even when they seemed to think, and others as well, that she may be missing of her own accord. It is an interesting thought though that companies often will not provide information, like cell phone companies, without a court order that we did hear she took a Lyft and the driver was cooperating, so Lyft cooperated without those things? It was not until later we heard the destination was the park.

Jmo.

“It was determined by the Medical Examiner’s office that Lueck suffered blunt force trauma to the left side of her skull resulting in significant intracranial hemorrhaging, which would have been fatal. Preliminary determination shows the manner of death to be homicide.”
BBM

I have questions about this statement. I’m attempting to read between the lines and honestly thinking about whether he followed any ritual type murders or sacrifices he may have been exposed to in Nigeria, Youruba culture. I have read about body parts being offered as sacrifices and such and I’m just curious about this part.

1. The “would have” - why does it say would have? Aren’t they able to tell in the brain if there was hemorrhaging? Should we assume her brain was inside her skull?

2. The death by homocide. They aren’t necessarily saying the blow to head was the cause of death, correct? Would they NOT be telling another potential cause of death or possibly are forensics not complete in order to know for sure?
I wondered about that phrasing too, and thought that they may not be releasing all details and they know more was done to her, or, they don't know for sure (perhaps because of the overall condition of her body), and are reporting what they do know that would be sufficient to cause death. Could just be they're basically saying "We stand by the charges we cited previously and here's proof of an injury that would have been fatal."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vagirl77