Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Per Tricia's comment, please help with understanding of Sugar SB, SD and other acronyms.

Sugar Lifestyle: someone who is interested and engages in exchange based relationships

Sugar Baby: being defined as someone’s baby. Having a sugar parent. Being in a more monogamous relationship and in the receiving end of the exchange relationship.

Sugar daddy: being defined as someone’s daddy. Having a sugar baby. Being in a more monogamous relationship ship and on the giving end of an exchange relationship. Receiving companionship.

Other acronyms or terms let me know and I’ll define!

I am not saying that for some individuals this may be a sign of other mental instability. But that is uncommon.

The sugar lifestyle is not link to other risky behavior. In fact, it is often found (in studies about sexual deviance) to be a protective factor. Girls who engage in sugar relationships are much more likely to be informed, intelligent, and cautious than girls who enjoy things like one night stands or unprotected sex.

Again, the sugar life style is so much less sexually driven than it appears.

Thank you for your response! I didn't mean to allude to mental instability, just that this is the time when young women are figuring out what exactly female power means, and to tangle money in with that can wire them to view this as the way things are done and will always be done.

I know little of SD/SB but I find it hard to believe men would spend thousands of dollars on a woman and not expect sex in return.

While it seems unusual, it’s really not. Humans are much less driven by sex compared to companionship, connection, feeling less alone. This is the basis of exchange relationships. While sex does play into it, the basis is based on human connection and mutual exchange over sexual desire.

Just because a 23 year old single woman MAY have enjoyed alternative relationships doesn’t mean she needed to hide them on a top secret burner phone.
Point taken. It depends I guess on how many relationships ML handles at one time.
(No judgment intended. I have daughters; and my heart goes out to her; she was handling a lot.)

Is she comfortable with juggling family calls, work calls, sorority friend calls, and 'gentleman' calls, all on one phone?
For me, that would be too much multi tasking on one device.
I would probably keep a burner phone for my side job.... but that's just me.

I found this article about the Sugar scene in SLC a few days ago. It’s interesting in that they interview an older man who fits the most popular profile of a SD as he is a business owner. I found these statements most interesting.

“For sugar daddies, it’s not so much about the sex as it is the powe
r.”

“What makes [sugar daddies in Utah] different is how invested they are in keeping it from their wives while maintaining this facade of respectability within the church and politically. There’s a cost to having a mistress here in Utah that you may not see in other places.”

(The link says sugar daddy but it is an article from city weekly) sorry, I can’t figure out how to remove the link that auto populates so you can see the web address. Sugar Daddy
Sugar Daddy

UGH.

When the video comes up click on the FB icon and it will take you to seeing it on FB where the comments will flow with it.
Just like any other dating site, an opportunist may have struck.
This also is true with social gaming, SM, dating sites, chat rooms, literally anything that has to do with sharing internet space with anyone. The opportunists are out there on every available forum. I am just throwing this out there and grabbing on to your post to do it- MOO.

Are you saying you don't think it is correlated to MK's lifestyle or just to the sugar lifestyle in general?

Both. I think Kenzie primarily seems mentally stable, even with the recent trauma. There are few indications of mental instability, even including that hashtag on her private posts. I think tongue and cheek is more appropriate to describe that reference. And the sugar lifestyle in general is actually met with great regard for stable, mature, intelligent, non impulsive individuals (high self control). Ironically, very different from what is generally expected.

Of course there are outliers, but the detail and organization needed for this lifestyle is high.

I know little of SD/SB but I find it hard to believe men would spend thousands of dollars on a woman and not expect sex in return.

I asked my son this same question when he told me he knew of college girls who sent pics to older guys in exchange for money - nothing physical. My husband and I asked why a guy would do that when he can look at any kind of *advertiser censored* for free on the internet. My son shrugged and said he didn't know, but that girls did it. It also sounded he wasn't exactly clear what it was the girls gave these guys in exchange for money.

Noted but thus far nothing that has been said by LE, family or friends to support the idea that ML had a burner phone or a secondary phone. In fact, when asked, multiple friends told multiple reporters on multiple occasions they knew nothing about / had never seen or known ML to have or use a second phone. So, yes, anything is possible but unless cited it’s a factless claim being perpetuated with no substantiation. Just because a 23 year old single woman MAY have enjoyed alternative relationships doesn’t mean she needed to hide them on a top secret burner phone. It’s sex not hiding dead bodies

Also, ML was not driven by a total stranger. She was driven by a hired LYFT driver to a location she chose and into the vehicle of someone she planned to meet and appeared to know accordingly to the LE via LYFT statement. Lastly, her bag wasnt “oversized”. It was a standard size checked bag. It doesn’t mean it was filled to the brim. I often check a bag bc I have hairspray and beauty products that aren’t approved for a carry on. I’m sure she wanted to look nice for the funeral. A few outfits, couple pairs of shoes, curling iron, straightener, makeup ... it’s easy to pack yourself out of a carry on. I travel very regularly and the bag ML had looks identical to my bag (I think it’s the same) and it is not “oversized luggage”.

Point taken. It depends I guess on how many relationships ML handles at one time.
(No judgment intended. I have daughters; and my heart goes out to her; she was handling a lot.)

Is she comfortable with juggling family calls, work calls, sorority friend calls, and 'gentleman' calls, all on one phone?
For me, that would be too much multi tasking on one device.
I would probably keep a burner phone for my side job.... but that's just me.

There are apps where you can pick up a different number. You usually have to pay for the credit but you can receive and make calls/text with the new number. There's no need for two physical phones

Poppydarling - how long do these relationships usually go on for?

Who usually cuts it off - the man or the woman?

That’s a great question and I’m afraid one I don’t have the answer to. But I will do some searching and see if I can find one for you. This area of study is relatively new (last six-eight years or so). I can only antidotally speak to this.....a few months and usually the man. But again that’s with a grain of salt because I don’t have verification/empirical support on that.

Question: What I find confusing is that young women are being taught that money=power. There is more to their value than money. I understand that this is legal, but they are giving some of their power away in these transactions. What @Gardenista quoted, it worries me. IMO MOO all of that. There is too much grey area here for me to feel like it is a safe road for so many young women to take. Are we not supposed to worry about them only because it is legal? It seems like the emotional damage could be profound. @poppydarling Are you saying that (psychologically speaking) this is not like a gateway drug, metaphorically speaking? So, most of these young girls will go on to have lives where they can see their value above and beyond an exchange, or as a product/brand? Do we even know the answers to this yet, as this seems to be a fairly new lifestyle due to easy access with apps and the internet? I am genuinely worried that this is the norm for so many young women who haven't yet had a chance to fully form their identity as powerful, independent beings, and what that means/should mean/could mean in a patriarchal/non-patriarchal society.

I am as well. I would have to think psychologically speaking this is damaging.

@poppydarling question for you. In this lifestyle I imagine there are some types of relationships that are no sex, some are sex, and some are fettish sex. Do you have an estimation of percentages of each category?

This really surprises me since it seems like they are a close family. I don’t know any parents with the means that wouldn’t go help find their daughter. Not to victim blame, but this seems odd unless they have information as to there being no reason to worry/help.

While I would be on the ground searching for my child, my parents would not (even when I was younger) unless they were told they needed to by LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
59lilBERNICE