Found Alive UT - Madelyn Allen, 19, seen leaving Snow College dorm, Ephraim, 13 Dec 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh wow. So, I'm a milennial, and when I was growing up, "kidnap me" also just meant "come get me and take me away for awhile" as in come pick me up and let's hang out for a day or two. But this is just alarming and I get a real bad feeling.

If this is her Quora profile (includes questions about earrings and being LDS, which fits her 25 things video), it has some concerning recent activity.
https://www.quora.com/profile/Madelyn-Allen-5/log

There is nothing to do in Wayne County right now. It's the home of the least popular national park in Utah, and most of the amenities close in November or so. But technically there are a lot of trails that would be at least accessible at the trailhead right now. Absolutely not somewhere an unprepared 19 year old would go in the winter under normal circumstances.

Oh wow. So, I'm a milennial, and when I was growing up, "kidnap me" also just meant "come get me and take me away for awhile" as in come pick me up and let's hang out for a day or two. But this is just alarming and I get a real bad feeling.

Yes, I agree that's what it means, the equivalent of the old "Calgon, take me away." Perhaps she was looking to get out of exams and was stressed out. It's hard to know what it could mean or if anyone even saw it.

I've heard that usage as well, between friends; the part that concerned me more was that it was posted in a public "dating and relationships" forum, along with her real phone number. At best, it's naïve to the dangers of sharing personal information online.

I hope she just needed a mental health break and got away for a while....
but not telling anyone isn't good.

She's legally an adult and has a right to be missing....but telling someone would stop the worry.

She also didn't take a change of clothes, which is the most bothering thing. Surely if she planned to be away, even for a day and night, she'd take something.

Last edited:
There is nothing to do in Wayne County right now. It's the home of the least popular national park in Utah, and most of the amenities close in November or so. But technically there are a lot of trails that would be at least accessible at the trailhead right now. Absolutely not somewhere an unprepared 19 year old would go in the winter under normal circumstances.

I've learned that the reason people in Wayne County know her phone was pinged there is because they are looking for any evidence of her being at least in Loa. The two biggest attractions around Loa are Fish Lake/Pando (Pando is the largest living organism on earth which is a quaking Aspen forest around Fish Lake. Although Loa is past Fish Lake, people still get supplies there) and Capitol Reef. Loa is a very small town with a tiny grocery store, hardware store, gas station, and a family dollar.

Last edited:
I hope she just needed a mental health break and got away for a while....
but not telling anyone isn't good.

She's legally an adult and has a right to be missing....but telling someone would stop the worry.

She also didn't take a change of clothes, which is the most bothering thing. Surelyy if she planned to be away, even for a day and night, she'd take something.

The police called in the FBI when she was missing only 2 days and they have deemed her disappearance suspicious.

The police called in the FBI when she was missing only 2 days and they have deemed her disappearance suspicious.

I agree. I don't think they would have brought in the FBI if they thought she had just left for a break. The "red flags" comment, the involvement of the FBI, and a few other signs tell me this is not just a break. I hope I am wrong!

Ephraim is a very, very small remote town in Utah. It is very cold. Very little to do. It is a college town. She seems so innocent and very sheltered (even for a "Mormon" girl). The posts she wrote seem naïve. I hope she didn't have a stalker.

Did she get cat fished? Maybe she had been talking to someone through social media/dating app? She seems quite innocent and maybe a little naïve. Someone with bad intentions was on the other end. JMO.

I don't think they would have brought in the FBI if they thought she had just left for a break.

The "red flags" comment, the involvement of the FBI, and a few other signs tell me this is not just a break. I hope I am wrong!

I was really just hoping it was a mental break, just for everyone's sake. Stressed out university student with exams, etc.

But in my heart of hearts, I don't think it is.

The transport issue, the freezing weather issue, the lack of spare clothing issue, the not wearing suitable clothing issue, the FBI called in already issue, the last phone ping near a national park issue.

Oh my.

Updated statement from her parents and link to a Facebook/YouTube live posted Dec 16 @ 1pm
".

Student Missing - Police ask for assistance

Law enforcement seeks public’s assistance in collecting information.

Madelyn-Allen.jpg

Updates

December 16, 2021, (1:00 PM): MISSING STUDENT UPDATE: Snow College will hold a press conference on December 16, 2021, at 4:00 PM. Location details are below:

Noyes Building
Founders Hall
150 East College Avenue
Ephraim, UT

While investigators still do not know of Madelyn Allen’s whereabouts, her parents and college officials plan to address the media. The press conference will be streamed live on YouTube and Face Book. Links to the stream are below:

Facebook Live
Youtube Live

Madelyn-Allen-security.jpg

December 16, 2021 (1:00 PM):

STATEMENT FROM MADELYN ALLEN’S FAMILY

Our one and only priority is to locate and bring home our Madelyn.

We are following the guidance of authorities, including Snow College Police Department, multiple county law enforcement agencies, and the FBI. We sincerely appreciate their coordinated efforts and expertise.

We will expend every effort to find our Madelyn and we are looking into every possible resource and strategy to reunite with her.

We know that the media and good people everywhere want to help, and we express deep gratitude for Snow College, their public safety team, responsible media members, and the many friends, family and acquaintances who have extended their love and prayers.

We will be holding a live press conference with Snow College today at 4:00 PM in the Noyes Building, which is located on the Snow College Campus. Links to the stream will be posted on the Snow College news webpage.

"

Updated statement from her parents and link to a Facebook/YouTube live posted Dec 16 @ 1pm

greenbouncy you are in Ephraim, right? I know it’s a small town, but do you suppose any/some/many of the homes have a ring doorbell or similar or surveillance cams on the businesses? I believe a home camera in a remote part of Australia helped identify the car that took that little girl Cleo from a campsite this summer. And in the Heidi Planck case the timeline for her disappearance was whittled down significantly from CCTV footage of her walking her dog near the apt building the dog was found in. I believe that video was identified/found not from police/LE but from the friends/family canvassing all businesses and personally reviewing anyone’s surveillance footage.

greenbouncy you are in Ephraim, right? I know it’s a small town, but do you suppose any/some/many of the homes have a ring doorbell or similar or surveillance cams on the businesses? I believe a home camera in a remote part of Australia helped identify the car that took that little girl Cleo from a campsite this summer. And in the Heidi Planck case the timeline for her disappearance was whittled down significantly from CCTV footage of her walking her dog near the apt building the dog was found in. I believe that video was identified/found not from police/LE but from the friends/family canvassing all businesses and personally reviewing anyone’s surveillance footage.

Some people down here have them, although not like you see on the Wasatch Front because porch package theft is virtually non-existent here. But unfortunately if she left at night, it's unlikely most people would have caught her on one because it was so dark and overcast. Snow Hall is adjacent to The Suites and another college building, and the main campus is directly across the street. It's not a residential area, and I think there is only one residential house between Snow Hall and main street / Highway 89-- and I doubt it has a camera. They would have had to pass Maverick in Ephraim on their way to Wayne County, and they also would have passed a few other gas stations (Manti has one, there are a bunch in Salina if they took the I70 freeway ramp, etc.) I'm hoping that law enforcement is able to get footage from businesses. But them leaving in the dark probably doesn't make it easy.

Some people down here have them, although not like you see on the Wasatch Front because porch package theft is virtually non-existent here. But unfortunately if she left at night, it's unlikely most people would have caught her on one because it was so dark and overcast. Snow Hall is adjacent to The Suites and another college building, and the main campus is directly across the street. It's not a residential area, and I think there is only one residential house between Snow Hall and main street / Highway 89-- and I doubt it has a camera. They would have had to pass Maverick in Ephraim on their way to Wayne County, and they also would have passed a few other gas stations (Manti has one, there are a bunch in Salina if they took the I70 freeway ramp, etc.) I'm hoping that law enforcement is able to get footage from businesses. But them leaving in the dark probably doesn't make it easy.

Good to know. I’m sure LE is on it. Though you sometimes find out about incidents like that Heidi Planck footage and it makes you wonder. It would be very hard to be the family in this situation. You have to trust LE completely but there’s a lot of people/hand-offs/info etc and sometimes stuff gets dropped. I think most businesses with footage are on a loop so you have to get there before the time period of interest gets recorded over. I’d probably go to the businesses and ask to see the footage or make sure the cops had already been by to pick it up, but I’m sure that can get dicey with not wanting to step on their toes or seem overbearing.

Needs to be done ASAP, to minimize chance that images are overwritten.

I've learned that the reason people in Wayne County know her phone was pinged there is because they are looking for any evidence of her being at least in Loa. The two biggest attractions around Loa are Fish Lake/Pando (Pando is the largest living organism on earth which is a quaking Aspen forest around Fish Lake. Although Loa is past Fish Lake, people still get supplies there) and Capitol Reef. Loa is a very small town with a tiny grocery store, hardware store, gas station, and a family dollar.

Do you know why Loa in particular? Or do folks just know that because authorities have been there asking around?

Good to know. I’m sure LE is on it. Though you sometimes find out about incidents like that Heidi Planck footage and it makes you wonder. It would be very hard to be the family in this situation. You have to trust LE completely but there’s a lot of people/hand-offs/info etc and sometimes stuff gets dropped. I think most businesses with footage are on a loop so you have to get there before the time period of interest gets recorded over. I’d probably go to the businesses and ask to see the footage or make sure the cops had already been by to pick it up, but I’m sure that can get dicey with not wanting to step on their toes or seem overbearing.

I know Maverick keeps footage for 30 days, and I also know the college's police have gotten footage from them before during an unrelated vandalism spree a couple of years ago. So hopefully they're already on it. From what I've heard about Loa they were asking anyone with a ring camera or other camera down there to share footage. (But I'm not in Loa so that info is 3rd hand.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett
Back