Found Deceased UT - Michael Cavallari, 30, Grand County, 27 Nov 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
ok know little my core question--have no idea a car would run, but why was no helopter search done immedialty my notion would be if i found a car running that the person on foot would be a helicopter ride of 10 minutes away

what am i missing here guys?

ok know little my core question--have no idea a car would run, but why was no helopter search done immedialty my notion would be if i found a car running that the person on foot would be a helicopter ride of 10 minutes away

what am i missing here guys?

Especially with his loving Sister married to an NFL quarterback. Renting a chopper AND drones would cost less than his cufflinks.

JMO's

Even before police knew who he was, just knowing there's a running, damaged car 5 miles off a rarely used dirt road with airbags deployed and a phone and computer still inside should lead them to consider an injured driver is likely to be nearby. It wasn't so cold that he would have succumbed to the elements in 2-3 hours IMO. My guess is that the following night was his last.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Even before police knew who he was, just knowing there's a running, damaged car 5 miles off a rarely used dirt road with airbags deployed and a phone and computer still inside should lead them to consider an injured driver is likely to be nearby. It wasn't so cold that he would have succumbed to the elements in 2-3 hours IMO. My guess is that the following night was his last.

I agree with you and find it so sad to think about. He could have been found, if they had really looked that first day. Since he was seen at the gas station about 90 miles away, he probably had the accident at somewhere around 5:00 - 5:30 am. That just a couple of hours before sunrise. The temps dropped and a snow storm came through at about 5:00 pm that evening. They had 12 hours they could have found him. :(

All too often LE take their time and make sure they are following procedures rather than jumping into action immediately. Especially in rural areas. IMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think they said it was in the teens that night, even if it was around freezing without proper clothing he wouldn't make it till dawn.

For him to leave his phone in the car, still running, to go where, will always make me wonder. I just hope he is at peace now as well as his family.

At least they have some sort of closure, FWIW.

With all due respect, we know NOTHING of the relationship he had with this woman. I keep reading here as though Michael was charged with attempted murder or some such thing, which he was not. As I understand it, this woman chose not to press charges. He was charged with a misdemeanor and a bond was set. I just hate that a man who is now deceased is being thought of as a would-be murderer but for the fact he is no longer alive. And that this woman should surely thank her lucky stars that he is dead. He didn't stay anywhere NEAR this person when he left jail, but rather decided to leave the area. Can't we just accept that and let his man rest in peace rather than trying to create a "story"?

I understand we are past this point in what's happening. So I apologize in advance I am playing catch up! However, I couldn't disagree with you more, having been a victim of DV myself, and knowing the fear and panic of my stalker/ex harassing my every moment and thought. My every second of my life planned according to When the security officer could be available to leave along with me. Having it all start with very small things and me believing things would change and I dropped charges not once, twice, three times or four, but six. Because I was petrified!

So while we do NOT know their history, nor their stories, I can tell you from one woman's personal story that the fear that grips your every thought. The unknown of where they are and what they are doing is paralyzing, and painstaking. So while it may seem like I was jumping to conclusions about her potential fear, it's simply because of my own experience. Which is all any of us have to truly base any of our opinions on in life.

Sorry jmo and my .02!!

Are they sure it wasn't suicide? A lot of this just doesn't make sense. To be driving thru the wee hours of the morning..., no set destination known, through the middle of the desert, & go off the main highway for 5 miles, crash, airbags go off, I have no experience what this does to a person, but I would *think* a 30 year old man could recover pretty quickly...?, then just walk out into the dark at about 4am without your phone... I can see leaving your car running for the headlights to see without the battery dying, & 2 to 3 miles to walk isn't necessarily that far of a walk, tho it kind of is when you don't know where you are or where you're going. Hate to sound morbid but the area is beautiful & if you wanted to commit suicide who knows maybe a person would want to do it there sadly.

I understand we are past this point in what's happening. So I apologize in advance I am playing catch up! However, I couldn't disagree with you more, having been a victim of DV myself, and knowing the fear and panic of my stalker/ex harassing my every moment and thought. My every second of my life planned according to When the security officer could be available to leave along with me. Having it all start with very small things and me believing things would change and I dropped charges not once, twice, three times or four, but six. Because I was petrified!

So while we do NOT know their history, nor their stories, I can tell you from one woman's personal story that the fear that grips your every thought. The unknown of where they are and what they are doing is paralyzing, and painstaking. So while it may seem like I was jumping to conclusions about her potential fear, it's simply because of my own experience. Which is all any of us have to truly base any of our opinions on in life.

Sorry jmo and my .02!!

I DO understand that you were a victim of DV on no less than six occasions with the same person. Therefore, your ex has a history of domestic violence. Michael had no such history (that we know of) and was never charged with DV, yet these days,(especially with "harassment" laws now woven in with domestic violence) DV is not a difficult charge to bring against someone and very little "evidence" is necessary to get a conviction. My point is, had Michael been violent with his ex, that's what he would have been charged with and he was not. Public records are probably available, but nothing has come out about Michael and DV in the media so I doubt if he has such charges/convictions.

I can't even imagine the fear you have experienced at the hands of your ex and I hope you never have to experience that pain again, and my post did not in any way negate YOUR experience with DV. My concern is that you were comparing your personal experience with a known DV offender with Michael without having any information that he was ever guilty of DV. Without any facts or files to indicate that Michael was a DV offender, I don't think that should be a part of his legacy. IMO

I think if Michael was paranoid (not manic), he would have stayed in his car with the doors locked.

Not if his paranoia made him think someone / something was after him. He would feel like the car was an easy way to find him. He would want to hide.

With all due respect, we know NOTHING of the relationship he had with this woman. I keep reading here as though Michael was charged with attempted murder or some such thing, which he was not. As I understand it, this woman chose not to press charges. He was charged with a misdemeanor and a bond was set. I just hate that a man who is now deceased is being thought of as a would-be murderer but for the fact he is no longer alive. And that this woman should surely thank her lucky stars that he is dead. He didn't stay anywhere NEAR this person when he left jail, but rather decided to leave the area. Can't we just accept that and let his man rest in peace rather than trying to create a "story"?

Abused women often don't press charges. It doesn't mean nothing happened.

With all due respect, this is a thread for a man who died in the desert. This is not a thread for domestic abuse. We have no proof that aside from a disturbing incident of a man heavily under the influence. He was arrested. All of the rhetoric about what his ex girlfriend supposedly suffered and domestic violence is pure speculation. This young man has driven into the desert and inexplicably died. He died in any event. His family is suffering. He is a victim. I never, ever usually get upset by posts but it feels like thread is being used as a platform. Jmo, moo. Sorry if I offend anyone. The thought of this young man dying in the cold desert alone, during the holidays makes me very sad.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

With all due respect, this is a thread for a man who died in the desert. This is not a thread for domestic abuse. We have no proof that aside from a disturbing incident of a man heavily under the influence. He was arrested. All of the rhetoric about what his ex girlfriend supposedly suffered and domestic violence is pure speculation. This young man has driven into the desert and inexplicably died. He died in any event. His family is suffering. He is a victim. I never, ever usually get upset by posts but it feels like thread is being used as a platform. Jmo, moo. Sorry if I offend anyone. The thought of this young man dying in the cold desert alone, during the holidays makes me very sad.

I agree with you. My comment wasn't an attempt to derail the thread or use it as a platform, but simply to point out a common misconception about DV.

The situation is heartbreaking and I can't help but think if only they'd been more aggressive in their search from the beginning it might have had a different ending. I think all of us knew where he would be found.

I agree with you. My comment wasn't an attempt to derail the thread or use it as a platform, but simply to point out a common misconception about DV.

The situation is heartbreaking and I can't help but think if only they'd been more aggressive in their search from the beginning it might have had a different ending. I think all of us knew where he would be found.
Hi Blue, I didnt mean you, thats why I didn't quote anyones post. I know you were responding. But I went and reread thread and I was so dismayed to see how it was progressing. The nonsense about the ex GF and how relieved she must be.

I agree 100% about LE being more aggressive in their early search. Why would you wait so long to get drones and SAR involved? Wouldn't you want to want to search and rescue before you have a recovery operation? It must have been apparent to responding officers that there was only one vehicle involved from the start. I think they could use additional training. Perhaps save someone's life next time there is an accident in a remote area.

Abused women often don't press charges. It doesn't mean nothing happened.

There is nothing to indicate that Michael was an abuser and it upsets me that theses"stories" have been "created" to compare him to those who are. Now, because a woman chose not to press charges about what apparently was a non-DV incident, she automatically becomes a woman who has suffered DV. It's just wrong on so many levels I don't even know where to begin, much less end. Yes, women AND men are sometimes abused but abuse is not the end all be all of situations between two people - far from it!

ETA - a person does not have to file a DV report in order for DV charges to be filed - and none were filed.

In the people article http://www.people.com/article/michael-cavallari-timeline-his-troubled-past

It states on 11/23 he was arrested for standing outside a woman's apartment after they got into an argument with a shotgun! In which case he was briefly jailed. This is where my information was coming from.

Now don't get me wrong I don't want to derail this thread. I will promptly remove myself and my comments!! I just wanted you to understand I didn't derail without reason!!

Hi Blue, I didnt mean you, thats why I didn't quote anyones post. I know you were responding. But I went and reread thread and I was so dismayed to see how it was progressing. The nonsense about the ex GF and how relieved she must be.

<snip >

Thank you. I'm catching up from being stuck in Ray Gricar threads.

I really didn't find it appropriate to say that his ex girlfriend must be relieved. For all we know, she could be very sad. Anyway, I just don't think it's right to say that anyone is "relieved," in this situation.

Again, my heart goes out to everyone affected. So sad. I agree that he very well could have been found and with us today.

I just can't help but think what a different outcome this could have been if Michael had only stayed in his car........ Hopefully you have found peace dear one. Prayers for the family and friends who will miss you.

In the people article http://www.people.com/article/michael-cavallari-timeline-his-troubled-past

It states on 11/23 he was arrested for standing outside a woman's apartment after they got into an argument with a shotgun! In which case he was briefly jailed. This is where my information was coming from.

Now don't get me wrong I don't want to derail this thread. I will promptly remove myself and my comments!! I just wanted you to understand I didn't derail without reason!!

He was arrested with the shotgun in the trunk of his car. I don't know if he threated her with it or not, I didn't see that in any news article. I would think he might of, but none of us really knows what happened. Who knows what news story is right, he's dead and gone. The girlfriend's got nothing to worry about. Does it make a difference anymore?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findyou?wewill
Back