Found Deceased UT - Michael Cavallari, 30, Grand County, 27 Nov 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think he was walking in the store with the empty insulated bag and maybe bought beer in the store and put it in the bag and maybe drank while driving after leaving the gas station. The police should have a receipt or the teller should be able to tell them what he purchased at the store. It doesn't seem that there are many people coming in and out at that gas station at the time. JMO

Not sure why he'd be walking in to a place after he already purchased his items; still think he's heading out the door. The photo above shows a security camera just above the outside doors so that's most likely where that pic came from.

Either way it shows one thing, he was at that convenience store.

There appears to be trash cans. I think they would normally be on the outside. Also, the back of some signs are white. That's not a look that would normally be used on the outside of the Windows. Looks like he's entering the store.

Looks like he is walking into the store to me not coming out.

Sheriff White said: 'If you go down this [dirt] road four or five miles further there's a set of sand dunes that's a popular recreation area and at Thanksgiving weekend there's a lot of camps and stuff out there so we're hoping somebody saw something or maybe somebody gave him a ride out and that they'll give us a call.'

Cavallari was last seen at Maverick gas station in Monticello.

He drove through the small town of Moab – population 5,000 - 60 miles south from where his car was found and the last civilization he would have seen on his journey that morning.

Close to two hours into his drive North West towards Salt Lake City, Cavallari took the first exit he came upon on the I-70, exit 175.

Faced with a T-junction at the top of the exit ramp he turned left towards Green River. He then kept driving straight, though the paved road runs out after less than two miles giving way to a rubble strewn dirt track along which his Honda Civic would have labored and on which restricted access signs are regularly posted.
He drove more than five miles along the track that took him deeper and deeper into the inhospitable desert. Close to the highway cattle roam but further inland there is nothing but coyotes and the occasional antelope as the road heads towards Canyonlands National Park.

According to Sheriff White: 'It just doesn't make any sense. We don't know if he'd been drinking or what his state of mind was.' But at some point Cavallari either changed his mind or realized his mistake. He turned his car and was heading back towards the highway when, either distracted, asleep or drunk at the wheel, he missed a curve in the hazardous road and careered off the track, rumbling some 100 feet into the scrubland before nose-diving into a deep hole. The ground was frozen that morning meaning he left no tracks when he left his vehicle. 'We have a vague description of the type of shoe we think he had on so we're trying to use that moving forward.'

Cavallari's father and stepfather had traveled to Utah to help efforts but have since returned home to California.

'I think he was travelling through the area, everybody we've talked to and all the indicators are that he wasn't coming to Utah specifically, he was just travelling through.'

2F31B47B00000578-3352704-image-a-8_1449670943500.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-abandoning-car-vanishing.html#ixzz3tq7jVQAj

I feel bad for him. He seems to be fighting a lot of demons right now. Reminds me of my loved one. I hope he is found soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...he is going in. Look at the door handles the ones on the outside are different

d28522047e4112bdb9c4759a11633ef6.jpg

6df97046c90b58426649355ee232c4ca.jpg

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

On the left side of the top photo, to the left of the door hinge, is that one of those white stickers that allows store personnel to estimate the height of a thief?

If so, this would be definitive proof that he was entering the store.

With regard to the prior discussion regarding "backing out" of a door, I commonly do that when I'm traveling and have to stop for a fuel or potty break. After I complete my transaction and go in the bathroom, the last thing I want to do is touch the door handle of a convenience store after I've washed my hands.

Just saying.

He could be circling back on foot with that shotgun or any other gun to kill his ex. He could be doing this so she will be scared and always wondering if he will decide to come back and end her life. Jmo.

Domestic abusers who like to tap on your door with a shotgun and then head to city hall are nuts.

Also. Please. No offense. But I'm not feeling the he needs mental help after what he did to his girlfriend and how adamant he was about it. Imo. He needs to be locked up so that woman could be okay. Jmo.

I wonder if there is anyone unstable related to the girlfriend? Someone who would seek revenge for what Michael did?

"If you go down this road four or five miles further there's a set of sand dunes that's a popular recreation area and at Thanksgiving weekend there's a lot of camps and stuff out there so we're hoping somebody saw something or maybe somebody gave him a ride out and that they'll give us a call."

http://mobi.perezhilton.com/2015-12...g-abandoned-car-utah-new-details#.VmiChUlMHqA

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

..You learn something new every day, I guess.

Today, the lesson I learned was that I'm apparently the only person in the world who doesn't open doors backwards. :dunno:

So I'll just exit stage left.. :escape:

Latte, your post gave me a chuckle; thanks for that. :giggle:

Just another perspective on the whole door thing...oftentimes I'll walk in backwards even when my hands are free - I'm on immunosuppressants and stay away from cooties at every opportunity and a gas station door is covered with them. :scared:

Took a wander through Monticello by Google Street View and I'm pretty sure it's the Maverik on 265 E Center St in Monticello. It's got the red concrete things by the pumps and the view looks correct.

Also, just saying, that security image of him in the convenience store really doesn't at all look like he's leaving. I don't often walk backwards out of a door, do you?

I meant is the security camera on the inside of the store or on the outside of the store. Is he leaving the store (and the camera is on the outside of the store), or is he entering the store (security camera is on the inside of the store).

I think he was walking in the store with the empty insulated bag and maybe bought beer in the store and put it in the bag and maybe drank while driving after leaving the gas station. The police should have a receipt or the teller should be able to tell them what he purchased at the store. It doesn't seem that there are many people coming in and out at that gas station at the time. JMO

No way is he buying beer in UT at 3am. When we head to Moab we stop at Frutia, CO because it is the last beer stop before UT.

When I open a door without using my hands, I tend to push it open with my backside (Not that it matters but had to chime in haha). I think it's him coming inside. From what I can tell the vertical handles are on the outside while the horizontal are on the inside (from zooming in... I could be totally wrong).

I think it is strange that supposedly (has this been confirmed?) his car was headed TOWARDS the interstate, 5 miles from it.

This makes me think four other things, are all possibilities:
1) He had "business" down that road (meeting someone for some reason) and/or knew someone who lived down that way. It didn't go well. They chased him down.

2) He was drunk or on drugs and had no clue what he was doing. If this is the case he is probably in the area as others are saying, but no longer living. :(

3) Something happened between the gas station and where his car was found. Did he stop somewhere else and meet someone with ill intentions? Make someone angry? He could have went down that exit to lose someone chasing him, turned around, and tried driving back to the interstate. Maybe he looked back for a minute to see if they were behind him, and then hit the rock.

4) Either someone was following him to Utah and he didn't know, or he stopped somewhere and someone got into his vehicle whether knowingly or unknowingly. A hitch hiker?

Just trying to think of new possibilities. To me this screams foul play. I would be checking out men in his ex gf's family (since he was just arrested and it was related to her). All of it seems fishy to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanling53