Found Deceased UT - Michael Cavallari, 30, Grand County, 27 Nov 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In the people article http://www.people.com/article/michael-cavallari-timeline-his-troubled-past

It states on 11/23 he was arrested for standing outside a woman's apartment after they got into an argument with a shotgun! In which case he was briefly jailed. This is where my information was coming from.

Now don't get me wrong I don't want to derail this thread. I will promptly remove myself and my comments!! I just wanted you to understand I didn't derail without reason!!

I know where your information came from and he was not arrested for DV nor was he charged with DV nor did he spend time in jail for DV.

I just can't help but think what a different outcome this could have been if Michael had only stayed in his car........ Hopefully you have found peace dear one. Prayers for the family and friends who will miss you.

That's the kind of thing I have to force myself not to think about. :(

Isn't it quite possible that he was injured from the deployment of the airbag? Is his vehicle equipped with the airbags recalled and he did not respond? Is the brand of airbag manufactured by the company involved with thousands of injuries and even deaths? I believe that those airbags caused more injuries than the accident itself. I will do some research and post any findings. The injuries surely could have caused the disorientation described.

It bothers me a lot that the media has focused on any troubles he had than him as a person. That coupled with what a sweet Sister he had and she had always "tried" to help him. All because she is married to an NFL player and was in a very short lived unreality show.

JMO's

From every article I have read about Michael and said ex girlfriend I have come to the conclusion that theirs was a tempestuous relationship. It has been stated repeatedly that Micheal had substance abuse issues. Perhaps his girlfriend did too. It would explain the fights tenants on his father's property said they heard them having and Michael himself told police she'd punched him in the face previously but did not file charges. My take is that they had an unhealthy relationship that escalated into the event where he allegedly kept knocking on her door for weeks and then showed up at her place with a gun. The police arrested him with the gun in his trunk after that episode. He was charged with making "criminal threats." There was enough evidence to bring those charges against him. It is my opinion that he had indeed threatened her with that gun that day. Perhaps messages were left on her voicemail or emails were sent threatening her life. LE cleary believed criminal threats were made. I will not minimize his actions because he is dead, but I also won't vilify him. He was clearly a troubled, unstable guy. It sounds like he needed help and didn't get it. Good people can slip off the rails without the right support or treatment at any moment. He slipped off the rails. In the end, he lost his life. MOO.

From every article I have read about Michael and said ex girlfriend I have come to the conclusion that theirs was a tempestuous relationship. It has been stated repeatedly that Micheal had substance abuse issues. Perhaps his girlfriend did too. It would explain the fights tenants on his father's property said they heard them having and Michael himself told police she'd punched him in the face previously but did not file charges. My take is that they had an unhealthy relationship that escalated into the event where he allegedly kept knocking on her door for weeks and then showed up at her place with a gun. The police arrested him with the gun in his trunk after that episode. He was charged with making "criminal threats." There was enough evidence to bring those charges against him. It is my opinion that he had indeed threatened her with that gun that day. Perhaps messages were left on her voicemail or emails were sent threatening her life. LE cleary believed criminal threats were made. I will not minimize his actions because he is dead, but I also won't vilify him. He was clearly a troubled, unstable guy. It sounds like he needed help and didn't get it. Good people can slip off the rails without the right support or treatment at any moment. He slipped off the rails. In the end, he lost his life. MOO.

Please, do you have the link you are referring to that says the tenants heard Michael and this woman having fights on his father's property? I believe Michael told LE he had a loaded gun in his trunk. Making "criminal threats" can be any number of things and we have no idea what the basis for the charge was. A person actually CAN be charged with DV for making threats (depending on the situation) and it doesn't even actually have to BE a threat. Even if the other person simply "feels" threatened or "feels" fearful, that is sufficient cause (in MANY cases) for a charge of DV. BUT, Michael was NOT arrested and/or charged with DV because there were no grounds for a DV charge. From what has been reported, Michael had a previous DUI and this recent criminal threat charge. Let's not add non-existent charges to a man who can no longer defend himself. IMO

Please, do you have the link you are referring to that says the tenants heard Michael and this woman having fights on his father's property? I believe Michael told LE he had a loaded gun in his trunk. Making "criminal threats" can be any number of things and we have no idea what the basis for the charge was. A person actually CAN be charged with DV for making threats (depending on the situation) and it doesn't even actually have to BE a threat. Even if the other person simply "feels" threatened or "feels" fearful, that is sufficient cause (in MANY cases) for a charge of DV. BUT, Michael was NOT arrested and/or charged with DV because there were no grounds for a DV charge. From what has been reported, Michael had a previous DUI and this recent criminal threat charge. Let's not add non-existent charges to a man who can no longer defend himself. IMO

I'm all for moving on, but here are the links you asked for:

On November 23, the 30-year-old San Clemente, California, native was arrested for making criminal threats following a terrifying domestic dispute, RadarOnline.com can exclusively reveal.

According to Orange County Sheriff’s Department, a female called police at 6:25 pm with claims that Michael Cavallari had just threatened her with a gun outside her home.

RadarOnline.com can also reveal that Michael was previously arrested on August 24, 2015 following an argument with a female at the same home address.

But this time, he was the one to contact authorities.

“Michael told deputies he wanted to report his female friend punched him in the face,” he C.I.O. claimed.

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-ne...cavallari-arrested-threatening-woman-shotgun/

Neighbors also reported hearing regular commotion at the property including visits by the police.
One neighbor of Cavallari recalls seeing him wandering around the back yard shouting, 'the CIA is coming to get me'.

The neighbor, who asked not to be named, said: 'Michael would come over early in the morning, around 7am, and ask me if I wanted to drink a beer with him, which was a little odd.

'When I refused he'd get mad. Then I remember a few times we'd see him ranting in the back yard, shouting that the CIA was coming to get him. He seemed paranoid, completely out of it.
'It's sad really, he obviously had an lot of issues going on.'

Other neighbors on the street recall an incident earlier this year in the early hours of the morning during which MIchael and his girlfriend were heard screaming at each other during a blazing row
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-crashing-car-going-missing-Utah-desert.html

Isn't it quite possible that he was injured from the deployment of the airbag? Is his vehicle equipped with the airbags recalled and he did not respond? Is the brand of airbag manufactured by the company involved with thousands of injuries and even deaths? I believe that those airbags caused more injuries than the accident itself. I will do some research and post any findings. The injuries surely could have caused the disorientation described.

It bothers me a lot that the media has focused on any troubles he had than him as a person. That coupled with what a sweet Sister he had and she had always "tried" to help him. All because she is married to an NFL player and was in a very short lived unreality show.

JMO's

Sadly, my MIL lost her life in August from injuries caused by a deployed airbag in a Honda Civic. She was a front seat passenger in the car that was traveling at 30 MPH when it collided with a pickup truck. She suffered broken ribs, punctured lungs, and fractures to her cervical spine. Doctors were unable to bring her out of the medically-induced coma. Her friend's car was equipped with recalled airbags that had not been replaced. Just so terribly tragic.

Sadly, my MIL lost her life in August from injuries caused by a deployed airbag in a Honda Civic. She was a front seat passenger in the car that was traveling at 30 MPH when it collided with a pickup truck. She suffered broken ribs, punctured lungs, and fractures to her cervical spine. Doctors were unable to bring her out of the medically-induced coma. Her friend's car was equipped with recalled airbags that had not been replaced. Just so terribly tragic.
So sorry to hear of your loss ILOKAL. My condolences and prayers. I will send positive thoughts your way, the holidays must be especially difficult for you and your family this year.

We are all of small stature on my side of family, a car salesman quite a few years ago told us to set the passenger front seat as far back as we could and seat high if adjustable and even so to disarm it if necessary. For females 5'2' is tall in our family. If it weren't for him I never would have researched airbags. Terrible that a safety device can actually be fatal. [emoji20]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

So radaronline doesn't attribute to a source that on November 23rd there was a "terrifying domestic dispute".

What was he arrested for on August 24th?

I didn't recall the addition of the very last paragraph from the Dailymail . . . . "Other neighbors on the street recall an incident earlier this year in the early hours of the morning during which Michael and his girlfriend (is this allegedly the same woman?) were heard screaming at each other during a *blazing row*"

That's just a bit too vague. I would think they would at least have said . . . . from a source that wishes to remain anonymous (like it's stated two paragraphs up). . . . but that's just my opinion.

It seems as though there is one neighbor, who chooses to remain anonymous, who included "other neighbors" in his-tory, to make it more believable.

So sorry to hear of your loss ILOKAL. My condolences and prayers. I will send positive thoughts your way, the holidays must be especially difficult for you and your family this year.

We are all of small stature on my side of family, a car salesman quite a few years ago told us to set the passenger front seat as far back as we could and seat high if adjustable and even so to disarm it if necessary. For females 5'2' is tall in our family. If it weren't for him I never would have researched airbags. Terrible that a safety device can actually be fatal. [emoji20]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thank you so so much for your thoughts and prayers. My MIL and I were very close. She lived with us for a number of years and spent every summer with us at our cabin. We were planning a special vacation with her in October. She just loved the holidays, especially Christmas. I just really can't believe she's gone. We miss her so much. Every decoration has joyous memories of all the special times we shared which has made her absence ever more real, especially for me. Although she was 89, she didn't look or act a day over 65. She was as sharp as a tack. Read one to two books each day and still sewed and made beautiful ceramics. She was an active member of Tops and played Majong weekly. She was taken from us way before her time :(

I too am very small framed and try to remember to put my seat as far back as possible. I don't know the position of her seat at the time of the accident, but she only weighed about 115 lbs.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-five-miles-desert-track-coyote-country.html

Pardon me, but you seem to have me mistaken for someone stating domestic violence charges. My post not once mentioned those words. And I have posted previously the link to the code for the state of CA Criminal Threats charge and what it entails. Your information is incorrect. Yes, let's not add additional things on that don't belong here. This includes accusations against people for things they have not posted. I will look for the links. MOO.

ETA from link above.

Dennis' one-acre property, which sits just five blocks from the beach in picturesque coastal town San Clemente, has guesthouses on site that he rents out.
According to one source close to the family, Cavallari's alcoholism and unpredictable behavior angered the tenants who repeatedly complained to Dennis.
Neighbors also reported hearing regular commotion at the property including visits by the police.
One neighbor of Cavallari recalls seeing him wandering around the back yard shouting, 'the CIA is coming to get me'.
The neighbor, who asked not to be named said: 'Michael would come over early in the morning, around 7am, and ask me if I wanted to drink a beer with him, which was a little odd.
'When I refused he'd get mad. Then I remember a few times we'd see him ranting in the back yard, shouting that the CIA was coming to get him. He seemed paranoid, completely out of it.
'It's sad really, he obviously had an lot of issues going on.'
Other neighbors on the street recall an incident earlier this year in the early hours of the morning during which Michael and his girlfriend were heard screaming at each other during a blazing row.
Eventually, just a few months ago, Dennis, 63, was forced to kick his son out of the home.
The source said: 'Michael is a very difficult person to get along with; he's not all there, crazy.
'He had a room in his dad's house but he was always a huge disturbance to his father's tenants.
'He would play loud music, club bass, until three in the morning, it made one of the tenants very angry, they almost came to blows.

In addition:
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/cavallari-695216-county-deputies.html

The deputies found the shotgun in the trunk of his vehicle and seized ammunition and a shotgun barrel from a gun safe in Cavallari’s San Clemente home.

He was arrested on suspicion of making criminal threats and was released from Orange County Jail on Nov. 25.

Penal Code 422 (Criminal Threats) State of CA
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=pen&group=00001-01000&file=422-422.4

It was my statement you were questioning about the DV situation. For now we do know there were not charges of that brought against him. We have a 30 year old man with a troubled mind and soul who is gone way to soon, who deserved a chance at life! It is sad, and I do in the most sincere way possible hope his family and friends find peace and solace in knowing he is finally not dealing with his inner demons, no matter what they were. At this point, I feel like we won't ever get any other information about anything. As much as I would love to see his sister and BIL use this and their status in the community as a platform for mental health and substance abuse help (I'm sure we can all agree he did at least need mental/ and substance abuse help) I don't know that they will. It's the unfortunate part of it all, because MC isn't here any longer to be his own voice to tell his own side of things, to be his own advocate, and that's the worst part!!

So I guess my silver lining would be if nothing else maybe just maybe KC and JC will take this new platform (although they didn't ask for it for sure) and use it for good. Use it to help others like her brother who need help and help families recognize signs and show them resources that are available to them through many different means.

Coquette, I don't know what information about CA's Criminal Threat charge you are referring to when you say my information on that charge is incorrect. I didn't post anything about CA's Criminal Threat charge except to say it can be based on any number of things and that we don't know the basis for that charge against Michael. Apparently, he was arrested for "suspicion" of making criminal threats. According to CA Penal Code 422, the fact that Michael had a loaded shotgun outside the woman's apartment is not, by itself, enough for that charge. The law is pretty clear on that. And yes, I did address your post as though you had mentioned DV while you actually did not mention it per se, but my point was the burden of proof is less for a charge of DV than it is for a charge of criminal threat yet there wasn't enough (apparently) for even a DV charge. I DO wonder why there wasn't a weapon's charge, unless he wasn't prevented, by law, from having a gun. Of course the laws for shotguns are different than for other guns but it must mean he has no felony convictions or he couldn't have ANY gun.

There was an earlier news article that said he had the shotgun pointing down her driveway & that's what finally prompted gf to call police after she had been ignoring him coming to door for weeks. The article wasn't written very well. I'll try to find it.

This is the article about shotgun:

http://m.etonline.com/news/177549_p...ed_with_a_shotgun_prior_to_his_disappearance/

According to an incident report obtained by ET, Michael, 30, was arrested on Nov. 23 after an unnamed female informant called the Sheriff's Department to report Michael, with whom she says she had a "verbal dispute" on Nov. 11. The report says the informant told deputies that, "she was in fear of him" following the incident, "but did not contact the Sheriff's Department because she didn't want to escalate the situation."

The Sheriff's Department tells ET the informant reported that "for several weeks after the incident, Michael kept knocking on her door, but she refused to answer."

(modsnip)

This is exactly what his family was trying to avoid because they did not want their brother and sons name dragged through the mud and now he has died and this is the discussion on his thread? His death was tragic and I'm not concerned with his past. All I have to offer is well wishes for his family and I hope he is at peace

This is exactly what his family was trying to avoid because they did not want their brother and sons name dragged through the mud and now he has died and this is the discussion on his thread? His death was tragic and I'm not concerned with his past. All I have to offer is well wishes for his family and I hope he is at peace

I agree Bearkoda. This is a tragedy, a young life ended way too soon. Unfortunately, some people here just like to argue for the sake of arguing. My thoughts and prayers continue for his family and those that loved him. With extra prayers for anybody fighting the demons of addiction and mental illness.

What was his bond?

I don't know. It didn't say & that's all the info I have. I live in Dana Point, right next to City Hall which was mentioned in the news article but I didn't know anything about this until it was announced on the news that he was missing & I don't know anything about the families.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
earworm
Back