GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gypsy's roommates not allowed...which is a shame. Maybe part of plea deal or some prejudice. They should be because she said it no doubt. Really goes to motive. I want to know exactly where she was during the morning hours on April 11th?

thwelcome31_zps8bef8df7.gif

Looking forward to reading your posts... :seeya:

all paid witness slant their testimony. That's what they get paid to do. In all fairness, it is often better to ignore all expert witness testimony.

Missed court yesterday but Chelly I had to comment on this. I totally disagree with you. Most often the expert witnesses chosen are due to their expertise or their success in their field. They more often than not have unimpeachable character and have demonstrated themselves as good witnesses that come over well to a jury. Due to these things they are sought for opinions in cases. Of course a defense or prosecution may ask opinions of a number of experts and then hand pick and decide to select the one that aligns with their argument but I would never just disregard an expert witness's testimony simply because they are an expert testifying for one side over the other. These witnesses are sent the information and then return their opinion based on the information sent to them. Yes, they are paid for their time as they should be.

Is it in fact Dr Henry Lee that will be testifying for the defense? cooool

One thing I can't wrap my head around is: What kind of man would insist on his wife having plastic surgery, even if she wasn't already beautiful and looked just fine as she was. Which his wife was. Would have to be an extremely vain, shallow and unloving man. And in this case, an evil man as well, imo.

Missed court yesterday but Chelly I had to comment on this. I totally disagree with you. Most often the expert witnesses chosen are due to their expertise or their success in their field. They more often than not have unimpeachable character and have demonstrated themselves as good witnesses that come over well to a jury. Due to these things they are sought for opinions in cases. Of course a defense or prosecution may ask opinions of a number of experts and then hand pick and decide to select the one that aligns with their argument but I would never just disregard an expert witness's testimony simply because they are an expert testifying for one side over the other. These witnesses are sent the information and then return their opinion based on the information sent to them. Yes, they are paid for their time as they should be.

Is it in fact Dr Henry Lee that will be testifying for the defense? cooool

Somebody posted way back it is a Dr. Lee but not Henry. I believe the spelling of Lee was different as well.

In a perfect world it would be nice if Experts testified solely on their reputation

Somebody posted way back it is a Dr. Lee but not Henry. I believe the spelling of Lee was different as well.

Yeah, I did finally read that Bravo...darn lol I like Dr Henry Lee lol

IMO Dr. Perper was the perfect expert witness on drownings. He has probably seen more drowning victims than all the other experts combined due to being the ME in Broward County, FL.

When one thinks of what this man achieved, escaping from the Nazis then the Russians, to flee to Israel at age 18 and then become a doctor. Wow. Impressive. JMO

IMO Dr. Perper was the perfect expert witness on drownings. He has probably seen more drowning victims than all the other experts combined due to being the ME in Broward County, FL.

When one thinks of what this man achieved, escaping from the Nazis then the Russians, to flee to Israel at age 18 and then become a doctor. Wow. Impressive. JMO

He is a pretty amazing man

I agree Perper was impressive and did a nice job of "schooling" Spencer. Unfortunately this medical evidence is the weak link in this case and will probably end up a draw with neither side benefiting. While I think the testimony of the jailhouses "snitches" will be interesting not sure how the jury will take them as I expect even this ineffective defense will be able to cast doubt on anything they say. Thanks to Harmony2 above for the nice welcome. I do look forward to conversation and opinions on this case..its seems many here are very knowledgeable on the law.

I agree Perper was impressive and did a nice job of "schooling" Spencer. Unfortunately this medical evidence is the weak link in this case and will probably end up a draw with neither side benefiting. While I think the testimony of the jailhouses "snitches" will be interesting not sure how the jury will take them as I expect even this ineffective defense will be able to cast doubt on anything they say. Thanks to Harmony2 above for the nice welcome. I do look forward to conversation and opinions on this case..its seems many here are very knowledgeable on the law.

Looking forward to your further thoughts and opinions. Welcome. I agree this case is subjective this many years later. IMO he did murder Michele. Will the Jury see it that way remains to be seen. If they don't convict it will be one Verdict I don't like but could live with. I pray for a conviction. I do like the questions the Jurors are asking.
ETA: I do think he has a good Defense team

I'm not sure I can agree about the defense being ineffective. They do not have much to work with. For what they do have, I think they are doing a good job. Will it be "good enough" to get MacNeill acquitted? I think it's possible. I do think that the man (Martin MacNeill) is a danger to society....

I cant help but wonder as to what Gypsy is doing these days. Poor man that is gullible enough to fall for her "charms". It is a interesting dynamic. Seems Martin was in "control" during his marriage. Seems Gypsy didn't want Children. Evident by giving up her Daughter to her Parents. Martin it appears was willing to give up the Children for Gypsy. Just interesting. Seems they were the Perfect Storm.

Here is what says it all to me. Dr McNeils' response to his littles girls pleas for him to come and see her mom. This little girl grabbed his hand to hurry him along! If any of my children came to me or called out to me in a panic, I would be racing in their direction pronto! Seems to me, with his slow action he knew the reason why she was in that panic. Seems to me he planned this. His daughter was so surprised to see that he not her mom
(after mom promised for a MCD trip) was picking her up from school. This said a lot to me like this action was a set up. JMO!

Here is what says it all to me. Dr McNeils' response to his littles girls pleas for him to come and see her mom. This little girl grabbed his hand to hurry him along! If any of my children came to me or called out to me in a panic, I would be racing in their direction pronto! Seems to me, with his slow action he knew the reason why she was in that panic. Seems to me he planned this. His daughter was so surprised to see that he not her mom
(after mom promised for a MCD trip) was picking her up from school. This said a lot to me like this action was a set up. JMO!

That it does. Let's hope the Jury convicts on what has been and yet to be presented :please:

I was pleased that Alexis was asked about her monetary interest in the family home on redirect. The Defense was trying to make it seem that her interest in seeing her father prosecuted was for financial gain.

Has the house been sold? I know MM fraudulently put a $1million lien against it to prevent Alexis from selling it. Generally homes associated w/ a death or violent crime are tough to sell.

I don't know if this has been addressed or not, I am not yet caught up.
My family is local to this case. It has never been a "big news story"... and it still isn't.
An Aunt went to Hawaii last week and saw more coverage of this case than she did in Utah. :twocents:

I have a family member who is very active in the Pleasant Grove City Council since before Michelle died.
Even that family member could not tell me where the house was. They do not know.
It appears that mostly the people who knew the family know where the house is. Others don't care.

A house in the same town in a GATED community, where someone was murdered (2001/2002) sold easily.
I don't think it would have stopped the selling of the house, if anyone even knew it WAS the house.
The houses where suicides occurred have also sold without issue. (There has been many suicides.)

This is only the 3rd homicide I'm personally aware of in Pleasant Grove in the last 20+ years.
Employee killed her employer (2001/2002,) Michelle in 2007 and a drug related Uncle/Nephew in 2009 or so.

I could find out if the house has sold, if that information hasn't already been shared.
(But I'm sure as I catch up I will find that it has indeed been settled.) :seeya:

One thing I can't wrap my head around is: What kind of man would insist on his wife having plastic surgery, even if she wasn't already beautiful and looked just fine as she was. Which his wife was. Would have to be an extremely vain, shallow and unloving man. And in this case, an evil man as well, imo.

Michele was a beautiful woman and it is just heart breaking to me, to see the lengths she was williing to go through to keep her husband happy. Michele didn't need a facelift, Martin just told her she did!! It was all a part of that sick bast***'s plan. This was a premeditated murder, and little miss Gypsy is NOT an innocent bystander! ~ MOO

Hi, I don't post much but already I've posted several times in this case' thread because it's so profoundly upsetting. Quick history-- my mom died in the ER when I was 4 (4 kids) due to undiagnosed cardiomyopathy. So sudden cardiac deaths really affect me (my mom was 34). Her parents (her dad was an MD) blamed my dad for years for not picking up on her vague (but with hindsight, obvious) symptoms. She was tired but then again, she was a housewife in 1968 with 4 kids under the age of 9. But what DISTURBS me is Gypsy. My dad remarried 5 months later but my stepmom was someone I'm positive my dad didn't know and years later, admitted he wanted us to have a mother and didn't handle things well. In other words, he was GRIEFSTRICKEN. My stepmom took good care to help us know our mother (who, I don't remember at all) through relatives,etc. But this case is the polar opposite of similar circumstances (if that makes sense). Gypsy's smug, opportunistic, unrepentant testimony makes me rethink Andrea Sneiderman and think that the scales of justice are out of whack. I can't believe Gypsy hasn't been charged or even mentioned as an unindicted co-conspirator. The "a little suggestive" (coy smile) pictures sent the day after Michele's death? Doesn't remember a proposal but knew that diamond ring size/cost without a blink. Her family members on 20/20 unnerved me. I know this is all over the place but I identify with all of those kids and last night, called my step mom, who is 72 and thanked her for not trying to replace my mother and for being the best she could be (they divorced after 10 years) and I've always proudly called her Mom. Can you imagine Rachel calling Gypsy "Mom"? Shudder. I just want to hope that, like Andrea Sneiderman, a case can be made for SOMETHING like perjury, etc. How did she know so little of Michele's surgery and they had like 33 texts within 36 hours of her death? Come on.......thanks for the vent. PS. My stepmom thinks I'm a little overreactive about this but said thanks for the call!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmann420