GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The One night when I really want to watch the screamers they have on their programs. And what does HLN have on? Mystery Detectives!

BTW, I thank Chad G for publically describing GW's blase description of Michele's passing as "offensive". A to the men.

Mrs G ! The voice of reason.... Yes, they were fighting, divided into camps and hopelessly hung !

YES!! She made me feel sick .. and it all turned out to be complete nonsense!! :floorlaugh: Good to see ya Cubbee :D

YES!! She made me feel sick .. and it all turned out to be complete nonsense!! :floorlaugh: Good to see ya Cubbee :D

Good to see you too Mrs. Haha they were splitting up alright...the smokers and the non smokers....
Remember her impression of the "mad one " she gave us, with her arms crossed and all ? :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

DomCasual, I want to thank you for your humour and sage posts this trial! I remember Gary Gillmore's date with destiny quite well (I was tween sleuther then!)

Since you answered an LDS question earlier may I ask one? On Gyps' first trip to the chair (!) Sam Pead asked her if they planned to marry in the temple, then since she had previously been married in the temple, she and MM would have to move to another ward to marry? Defense objects, sustained and Gyps blurts, "we were gonna (move)!" What is the explanantion of this requirement, please? I assume she divorced but then again, she wasn't asked. TIA, Buddy!

We're going to a movie, so I'll answer quick. Technically, they could get married in the temple. If Michele was alive, they would have to get a temple divorce, which is no easy task. If Michele was dead, it would have opened things up, a bit. But they would have had to have been worthy enough to get a temple recommend. And unless they lied to the Bishop and Stake President that interviewed them (I'm sure they would have no problem with that), there is no way they would have gotten one.

Frankly, it's a bit ridiculous for them to be cavorting around behind Michele's back, and still talking about going to the temple together. At the end of the day, a temple marriage is only as good as the two people taking part in it.

But now that you mention it, wanting to marry in the temple could actually have been argued as one of his motives to commit murder (in a strange, completely backward sense). He would have had to get lots and lots of approvals (and Michele's cooperation) to get the temple divorce. Once she died, it would have made it much simpler. But murdering your wife sort of makes the whole temple thing moot. Even if nobody else knows about it, God knows (not trying to assume anyone else believes Mormon doctrine - just throwing it out there for argument's sake).

So true! A few weekends ago, the whole family drove down to St. George, UT for the weekend (about 4 hours). On the way down, I talked through all the scummy things Martin had done. Despite the fact that WE'RE TALKING ABOUT ONE OF THE MOST NARCISSISTIC PEOPLE WHO HAVE EVER WALKED THE PLANET, about an hour into it, they were clearly getting bored. But by then, I was on a roll, and there was no stopping me. Eventually, I look back and my little girl has stealthily slipped on headphones, my son is asleep, and my wife is in the passenger seat, sneaking glances at a Reader's Digest.

I thought they all seemed a little thankless! I could have been obsessing over the Denver Broncos (one of my other big vices).

LMAO They just don't understand. "Us" :floorlaugh:

We're going to a movie, so I'll answer quick. Technically, they could get married in the temple. If Michele was alive, they would have to get a temple divorce, which is no easy task. If Michele was dead, it would have opened things up, a bit. But they would have had to have been worthy enough to get a temple recommend. And unless they lied to the Bishop and Stake President that interviewed them (I'm sure they would have no problem with that), there is no way they would have gotten one.

Frankly, it's a bit ridiculous for them to be cavorting around behind Michele's back, and still talking about going to the temple together. At the end of the day, a temple marriage is only as good as the two people taking part in it.

But now that you mention it, wanting to marry in the temple could actually have been argued as one of his motives to commit murder (in a strange, completely backward sense). He would have had to get lots and lots of approvals (and Michele's cooperation) to get the temple divorce. Once she died, it would have made it much simpler. But murdering your wife sort of makes the whole temple thing moot. Even if nobody else knows about it, God knows (not trying to assume anyone else believes Mormon doctrine - just throwing it out there for argument's sake).

You are going to a movie on verdict watch!?????????:banghead:

stayontopic_zpse222180e.jpg
link

Ben Winslow ‏@BenWinslow 2m
UPDATE: I'm told the jury got dinner. Unlike me. That is all. #MartinMacNeill #MacNeillTrial

Yes, thanks didn't feel a need to link to that but yes the jurors were fed as was aired. And they worked through as the clock never stopped. not a question or a peep

Hopeful for a verdict tonight.

Good to see you too Mrs. Haha they were splitting up alright...the smokers and the non smokers....
Remember her impression of the "mad one " she gave us, with her arms crossed and all ? :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Oh yeah, the woman storming past media with her arms crossed and angry .. my take on that lady, she saw JC craning her neck towards her, trying to read into her soul while taking notes and felt a little, oh I dunno, self protective.

She was storming past JC because JC was acting like a crazy stalker IMO!

Ben Winslow ‏@BenWinslow 7m
"We're just very grateful that my mom had a voice," Alexis Somers said as she left court. @fox13now #MartinMacNeill #MacNeillTrial

Oh gosh that opened my flood gates. I always cry after Trial. I guess it's a relief cleansing thingy. Then I cry when I get the Verdict. Only if it's the one I want LOL

DomCasual....football AND trial watching? You're a Renaissance man! :bowdown:

I think it was court chatter that said Gustin was heard saying probably not guilty but maybe hung jury. Then on NG Jean C. just said that one juror was really into the closing by Spencer and kept nodding his head in agreement as Spencer spoke and finally when Spencer asked that they find his guilty...he nodded again...don't like the sound of that.
Then NG has Jill the niece of Michelle on and she saw this juror too and the nodding.

What happens if the jury is hung?

You never know about what Jean Casarez says, but when the niece agreed I wanted to... :puke:

This case is a no brainer. Michele was fine the night before she died. Went to Sizzler's for dinner with Martin and Alexis before driving Alexis to the airport. Next day she is dead before noon. No way did she take those drugs on her own. He must have put them in food or drink. Maybe made breakfast for her that morning before going to work and then stopped by home to "polish" her off before picking up Ada.

I'll be sick if they find him not guilty. I would rather have a hung jury.

As a surprise for me, because I made him breakfast, work lunch and supper every day this week for the first time in our 19 year marriage, my grateful husband came home tonight, plopped down and for the first time ever said......I want to hear all about the trial- for as long as you want to talk about it. :loveyou:

Two and a half hours later......Well, I finally took pity on him and am checking in for verdict watch. :D. :seeya:

See see it can be a very positive thing:floorlaugh: We learn to live our lives around Court. Dusting is done. Something yummy in the crock pot. Febreze sprayed thru. I gotta say I get many mundane jobs done. I'll grab a sock drawer or a junk drawer and sit and organize. Good hubby ya got there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member