GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if old topic but UT has the DP, right? (I did a quick Google). I'm surprised it's not an option but for narcissists, I approve of LWOP. (Assuming it's "WOP" (haha)). I have a high school friend (female) who is doing LWOP in a state prison. I totally think she's guilty. I visited once and it's really shocking. Sorry, mods, for OT. Just my whole perspective on how harsh 30+ years w/no hope will really be a punishment.

Anyone know of someone who texts when the verdict is in? Not twitter or a bunch of other stuff - just when verdict is in. TIA!

I have never had a facelift etc. but I would not doubt if there were some instructions not to "bend over" with all those stitched up wounds etc. A shower would make much more sense.
Hi, turaj:

I found the following:

http://plasticsurgery.about.com/od/Face_Lift/a/Activity-After-Surgery.htm
About.com - Plastic Surgery --

Facelift Recovery

Driving, Work, and Exercise After Facelift Surgery

Snipped:

Do not bend over for the first week. Bending over may cause dizziness or an uncomfortable fullness, so move cautiously for the first week.

Snipped:

Do not drive while you are taking pain medication because the drugs will alter your judgment and delay your responses. Following most operations, you will be able to drive once you stop taking pain medication.
~~~~~

http://nipntuck.com/minneapolis-plastic-surgery/face/after-surgery-instructions-facelift/
Nipntuck.com

Facelift – After Surgery Instructions

Snipped from answer to question: What can I do to reduce the swelling?

Avoid activities that involve bending over or straining.

Snipped from answer to question: When can I shower after surgery?

Do not take a bath, hot tub or swim for two weeks.

Sorry if old topic but UT has the DP, right? (I did a quick Google). I'm surprised it's nit an option but for narcissists, I approve of LWOP. (Assuming it's "WOP" (haha)). I have a high school friend (female) who is doing LWOP in a state prison. I totally think she's guilty. I visited once and it's really shocking. Sorry, mods, for OT. Just my whole perspective on how harsh 30+ years w/no hope will really be a punishment.

Yes, we have it. I don't completely understand why it wasn't on the table for this one.

As an interesting aside, until a few years ago, Utah was the only state that still had firing squad as one of the available means of execution. If I remember correctly, there are still a few people on death row here that have chosen to be executed by firing squad (at least one of them said that they're sticking with it to embarrass the state); and since it was an option when they were convicted, they still have the right. It hasn't been that long (less than ten years) since Utah executed someone by firing squad.

Yes, we have it. I don't completely understand why it wasn't on the table for this one.

As an interesting aside, until a few years ago, Utah was the only state that still had firing squad as one of the available means of execution. If I remember correctly, there are still a few people on death row here that have chosen to be executed by firing squad (at least one of them said that they're sticking with it to embarrass the state); and since it was an option when they were convicted, they still have the right. It hasn't been that long (less than ten years) since Utah executed someone by firing squad.

Not sure how that would embarrass the state. If they hadn't committed the crime that they were found guilty of and sentenced to death then they wouldn't be in the situation they are in.

Hi, turaj:

I found the following:

http://plasticsurgery.about.com/od/Face_Lift/a/Activity-After-Surgery.htm
About.com - Plastic Surgery --

Facelift Recovery

Driving, Work, and Exercise After Facelift Surgery

Snipped:

Do not bend over for the first week. Bending over may cause dizziness or an uncomfortable fullness, so move cautiously for the first week.

Snipped:

Do not drive while you are taking pain medication because the drugs will alter your judgment and delay your responses. Following most operations, you will be able to drive once you stop taking pain medication.
~~~~~

http://nipntuck.com/minneapolis-plastic-surgery/face/after-surgery-instructions-facelift/
Nipntuck.com

Facelift – After Surgery Instructions

Snipped from answer to question: What can I do to reduce the swelling?

Avoid activities that involve bending over or straining.

Snipped from answer to question: When can I shower after surgery?

Do not take a bath, hot tub or swim for two weeks.

WOW thanks for this great info! More proof of MURDER

http://fox13now.com/2013/11/08/jury-begins-deliberations-in-martin-macneill-murder-trial/
FOX13 - Salt Lake City, UT -- updated on: 06:29pm, November 8, 2013

Jury deliberating in MacNeill murder trial
by Ben Winslow

Snipped:

Judge Pullan told the jury that they can consider Dr. MacNeill’s affair as a motive for murder — but it cannot be used as a “character trait.” He also allowed the jury to decide whether or not Dr. MacNeill intended to kill his wife, seriously harm her or engage in what’s known as “depraved indifference” — meaning he would just let her die.
“The jury is not required to unanimously agree (on that),” Judge Pullan said.
~~~~~

http://www.scribd.com/doc/182696510/Martin-MacNeill-Trial-Jury-Instructions
Martin MacNeill Trial Jury Instructions

Published by Ben Winslow

The jury instructions given in the murder trial of Dr. Martin MacNeill, accused of killing his wife so he could continue an affair with another woman. The trial was held in Provo, Utah. The jury instructions were released to FOX 13 by the Utah State Administrative Office of the Courts.

I noticed how he told her in one of his letters how he had been working out so that she wouldn't have a *hefty partner when they git out.
* not the word he used, but I had a feeling he liked his women thin (er)

I chuckled when one of the inmates called her a "big" girl.
I don't think she is really...
But I can see MM expecting her to lose weight in jail...
:cool: nothing nice to say about that.
Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

I think its not about thin so much as about absolute ownership and control. He'd find a fault in any woman he chose to own, just so he could fashion her in whatever way he chose; works as a means of domination and of undermining her sense of self and self worth.

What's funny to me is that I get the absolute sense that Gypsy was playing him the entire time- allowing him his delusion of control.

Dag gone it... Is the jury still deliberating? HLN doesn't have the verdict countdown on anymore!

Will hln break in on the regular programming if there's a verdict?

I'm wondering if Jean C's nodding juror is the only not guilty and the rest are trying to convince him.

If that is the case, I hope they keep at it until the guy caves in.

http://fox13now.com/2013/11/08/jury-begins-deliberations-in-martin-macneill-murder-trial/
FOX13 - Salt Lake City, UT -- updated on: 06:29pm, November 8, 2013

Jury deliberating in MacNeill murder trial
by Ben Winslow

Snipped:

Judge Pullan told the jury that they can consider Dr. MacNeill’s affair as a motive for murder — but it cannot be used as a “character trait.” He also allowed the jury to decide whether or not Dr. MacNeill intended to kill his wife, seriously harm her or engage in what’s known as “depraved indifference” — meaning he would just let her die.
“The jury is not required to unanimously agree (on that),” Judge Pullan said.
~~~~~

http://www.scribd.com/doc/182696510/Martin-MacNeill-Trial-Jury-Instructions
Martin MacNeill Trial Jury Instructions

Published by Ben Winslow

The jury instructions given in the murder trial of Dr. Martin MacNeill, accused of killing his wife so he could continue an affair with another woman. The trial was held in Provo, Utah. The jury instructions were released to FOX 13 by the Utah State Administrative Office of the Courts.

I think its not about thin so much as about absolute ownership and control. He'd find a fault in any woman he chose to own, just so he could fashion her in whatever way he chose; works as a means of domination and of undermining her sense of self and self worth.

What's funny to me is that I get the absolute sense that Gypsy was playing him the entire time- allowing him his delusion of control.

I think so too.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Dag gone it... Is the jury still deliberating? HLN doesn't have the verdict countdown on anymore!

We still have the court seal, so they are still deliberating.

So no questions or anything from the jury? Did they order dinner and if so at what time? TIA

DomCasual, I want to thank you for your humour and sage posts this trial! I remember Gary Gillmore's date with destiny quite well (I was tween sleuther then!)

Since you answered an LDS question earlier may I ask one? On Gyps' first trip to the chair (!) Sam Pead asked her if they planned to marry in the temple, then since she had previously been married in the temple, she and MM would have to move to another ward to marry? Defense objects, sustained and Gyps blurts, "we were gonna (move)!" What is the explanantion of this requirement, please? I assume she divorced but then again, she wasn't asked. TIA, Buddy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mt.Grannie