GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just FYI re Dr. Alexis being on NG, it was easy to miss but the announcer said she'd be on once the verdict is announced.

Jim on Nancy Grace said that marty was thrown out of the church

I think it was court chatter that said Gustin was heard saying probably not guilty but maybe hung jury. Then on NG Jean C. just said that one juror was really into the closing by Spencer and kept nodding his head in agreement as Spencer spoke and finally when Spencer asked that they find his guilty...he nodded again...don't like the sound of that.
Then NG has Jill the niece of Michelle on and she saw this juror too and the nodding.

What happens if the jury is hung?
Then we go around again, if the pros are willing.

I like her when she is not being melodramatic. When she reports in a factual unbiased way, she is interesting to listen to and has a good grasp on legal "stuff". JMO

Agreed Zuri.... Although it is sometimes hard to separate the drama part MOO

maybe the "nodding juror" was just doing that to get everyone talking which is what is happening

Yes..he has been standing in the cold on top of a building since 6pm mst and got to say approximately 15 words when NG flashed to him for a few seconds....since then, he has been whistling and looking around and shivering. I'm not sure NG remembers he is on standby.

I watched him one night sitting in a chair for 2 hours, drinking water and sleeping while he waited for Nancy's show to start

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

He has a local talk show

http://www.k-talk.com/index.php/jim-kirkwood/

Lady ME died of breast cancer.
I just heard that.
I had been wondering!
People around MM drop like flies.
I thought how nice the first ME can't testify.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

This prolly is really really old news, but I just read the doc revoking Gypsy's nursing license. Bad act number whatever listed that (MM) was writing 2 scripts for her from March 2007 thru late 2007.

One script was Meridia, and the other similar to speed. What's interesting is that when I googled the name of the second drug a warning popped up advising strongly against ever administering those 2 meds together. Hmmmm??

maybe the "nodding juror" was just doing that to get everyone talking which is what is happening

He's got me concerned. I thought the late hour deliberation meant they are close. It may mean they have a holdout!

This was the first time MM popped up on the timeline again? It makes for normalcy, a mundane chore. What man would call Quest after murdering his wife? Also, a good ruse to gather one's thoughts. Appear as though in conversation while, in fact, on hold. That's complete conjecture on my part MOO

Sounds similar to Michael Douglas' phone call alibi in the movie A Perfect Murder. He called some stock/investment/something or other around 10 minutes before and the call lasted until 10 minutes after.....or something like that.

FROM FOX 13
The five men and three women entered the jury room about 1:57 p.m.

I guess ther are not 12 jurors in Utah. I wish it were reversed, meaning five women and three men :banghead:

I am surprised that the jury is still deliberating tonight. I was worried that they would leave at 3 like every other day.

Some of us are in chat if anyone wants to join.

How long has dude been staring at the Fox13 camera?

Since NG came on. He has spoken about 30 seconds in the past hour. Guess he will be there until she goes off air.

Jean Casarez told NG tonight that one of the jury males was shaking his head up and down (yes) pretty much the whole time Spencer was talking.

He's got me concerned. I thought the late hour deliberation meant they are close. It may mean they have a holdout!

that is what i was thinking...most are on board but one not...guess it is possible to change that one's mind? I don't know too much about Utah or LDS church. Heard jurors are young but I don't think anyone of any age could think Martin MacNeill should walk out a free man.

I am studiously ignoring tales of a nodding juror. Maybe he just likes Aesop's fables. Or fairy tales that end with the murderous prince slipping a fine shoe on the foot of his psycho Gypsy faux bride. Maybe he was nodding vigourously to keep himself awake and look like he was alert. Maybe he is a Pinella clone who needs a video tape of the crime to find MM guilty, and maybe that's so and all the jurors are trying to reason with him now because within 15 minutes of deliberations every other juror voted guilty. I won't have any gray hair left if I consider all the possibilities if that nod. Ohmmmmmm.

She needs another script :giggle:

I noticed how he told her in one of his letters how he had been working out so that she wouldn't have a *hefty partner when they git out.
* not the word he used, but I had a feeling he liked his women thin (er)

I chuckled when one of the inmates called her a "big" girl.
I don't think she is really...
But I can see MM expecting her to lose weight in jail...
:cool: nothing nice to say about that.
Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Sounds similar to Michael Douglas' phone call alibi in the movie A Perfect Murder. He called some stock/investment/something or other around 10 minutes before and the call lasted until 10 minutes after.....or something like that.

It's a variation on the old "call up the speaking clock" trick :)

Jim on Nancy Grace said that marty was thrown out of the church

Yeah, that would be a given, considering what he's already admitted to/been convicted of (a felony conviction is almost automatic excommunication, if I am not mistaken).

That said, I'm guessing his membership in the church was only important to him, as it pertained to maintaining his standing in the community. Even if, for argument's sake, he didn't kill Michele, he's still done plenty of stuff that a faithful member would try to avoid. And, he seems to do it with no remorse. Well, his standing in the community is pretty well shot, regardless of what happens in the next 72 hours. From a church standpoint, he either doesn't care, or is so calloused, it's not important to him.

From an LDS theology perspective, murder is pretty much the end of the road, as it pertains to your eternal perspective. With it, you've ended what Mormons feel to be supremely important, our mortal life (and the opportunity it provides us to be tested, and to grow). There is no, "Oh, Jesus will forgive you!" Jesus could forgive you, but you would be incapable of repaying the person who's life you ended.

Here is a guess. I know nobody asked but I'm gonna tell ya what I think anyway:

The jury is still deliberating at nearly 6:30 p.m. Utah time. I think they must be close. Otherwise they would have called it a night. Anyone agree? Disagree?

I'm wondering if Jean C's nodding juror is the only not guilty and the rest are trying to convince him.

More male jurors than female juror's scares me. 5 men 3 women. They should have reached a verdict by now I think if they were all on the same page. Lordy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay