GUILTY UT - Michele MacNeill, 50, found dead in bathtub, Pleasant Grove, 11 April 2007 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She started the hour off talking to Alexis asking how the verdict felt and then made it all about Nancy and her fiancé's murder. She cut off the prosecutors too. She doesn't seem to get it that when she has Alexis and the prosecution team on, no one is tuning in to hear her talk. She just reminded me why I can't watch her.

Exactly! I taped it but was watching it live, until she started talking ONCE AGAIN about her fiancee's murder. I walked away and let it finish taping so I could fast forward through her big but-in-ski mouth :smile:

Does anyone know of a good site where attys' presentations are discussed post-verdict? Personally, I'm fascinated by the trial process itself. I'm thrilled that MM was found guilty, but I'd still like to hear a big picture analysis by attys and others.

For example, the defense clearly believed that indeterminate ME findings were sufficient to provide reasonable doubt. They appear to have been so invested in that belief that they all but passed on presenting a defense.

Was that a bad strategic decision by otherwise good attys? Or, an example of poor decisions by mediocre attys? Or, a reasonable strategy and belief, and the jury simply surprised everyone? What would other defense attys done differently?

That's what I'm looking for. Any suggestions where to find?

I too am looking for that post verdict analysis...I want to hear people talking about things they could not during the trial. It seems like a trial is only of interest to the media while it is happening and then it is dropped.

I'd be interested in that too, hope4more.

Just went looking at the beginning of the transcript from NG show last night. If anyone ever needed proof she doesn't listen to her guests....

<snipped and bbm by me>
CHAD GRUNANDER, LEAD PROSECUTOR: ......A lot of the evidence was circumstantial, although the inmates helped the evidence a bunch and it really added to the case because it painted a picture about exactly how Michele died on April 11th, 2007.

GRACE: Yes, the real MacNeill. You know, it painted a picture, Chad, I thought, of the real Martin MacNeill because he wants the world to think he`s a doctor, a lawyer and a Mormon Sunday school teacher, which is all true, but really, only his only daughters behind family closed doors and in that jailhouse did the real Martin MacNeill show his face. They knew him like nobody else did other than his daughters.

I've always wished she would be told she has to do the entire show in the soft voice she uses at the end when she says "goodnight friend". THEN I might be able to watch.

Actually, the entire HLN network needs someone to invent a microphone system where only one person can talk at a time and if you yell/scream, your mic is automatically cut off. They apparently have never watched their own shows or they'd know you can't hear ANYone when there are 5 people screaming at the same time trying to talk over each other.

And don't get me started on the obnoxious women and their laughs. I miss the good-old-days of news shows like Bobbie Batista.

Maybe it would help to go on their websites and let them know what we find so intolerable that we have to shut it off..

like NG talking about her fiance's murder every other night
like NG talking over her guests
like NG screaming and rudeness to her guest defense attny's

All of that and more is just so unprofessional!

I can't believe the general manager of the show lets this studff continue.

Just sent an email to Gretawire (ontherecord@foxnews.com) suggesting that Greta devote an hour to the MacNeill verdict & trial. I suggested guests to include the prosecution team, Alexis and, if possible, jurors. I think Greta would do an excellent job (she is former prosecutor) and I believe the show would be widely watched.

I too am looking for that post verdict analysis...I want to hear people talking about things they could not during the trial. It seems like a trial is only of interest to the media while it is happening and then it is dropped.

Yes, exactly! There have been so many times where I wanted some kind of post-verdict analysis, consisting of reputable, fair attorneys (who are not just picked on TV for their looks and how feisty they are) discussing the case and the strategies, etc.. And some good juror interviews with the ones who are willing to talk.

Ugh. Finally took a minute to watch the clip of Dan Abrams with Gypsy. Ugh. How many times can I say ugh in one post? Ugh.

As repulsive as she is, I hope she keeps talking. Most likely at some point she'll say something different than what she's told investigators. Hopefully to the point where, if they can prove she was involved in Michele's murder, she can be charged. I'll just count my blessings that it ain't me that has to listen even time she talks.

And what is it with the mistress mentality these days? Why does the 'other woman' think anyone wants to hear from them????

But also, why does Dan Abrams give her a pass (unless the q&a was snipped). Instead of asking what she thought when she heard of Michele's death, why not ask her HOW she found out about Michele's death? See if something new comes out.

I feel like I need a shower.

Eck, I just watched that interview. The way I viewed it, she is sorry for not a darn thing. To say she has respect for Michell and sleep with MM is just plain hypocritical and a lie. There is nothing, nothing she can say to gain sympathy or respect. She needs to STFU. She is a liar and he is a murderous fraudster.

I do not believe MM was in love with Gypsy, not in the least. He, nor she, is capable of love. IMO, she is actually flattered by being the other woman who was so "desirable" that someone would kill for.

Also, IMO, this "relationship" was nothing more then some sexual fantasy for MM and Gypsy was the willing participant.

I hope they find a way to indict her. She and her "kindred soul" need yo be put away for life. And her fake, tacky eyelashes really suit her!! Ughhhhh

I do not believe MM was in love with Gypsy, not in the least. He, nor she, is capable of love. IMO, she is actually flattered by being the other woman who was so "desirable" that someone would kill for.

Also, IMO, this "relationship" was nothing more then some sexual fantasy for MM and Gypsy was the willing participant.

I hope they find a way to indict her. She and her "kindred soul" need yo be put away for life. And her fake, tacky eyelashes really suit her!! Ughhhhh

You noted some things that I noted as well in that interview...she sort of beamed as she indicated that she was NOT the incentive for the murder...she feels like some superwoman that could get a guy like MM to be so taken with her he kills his beautyqueen wife...and well the eyelashes are just add to her total trampy appearance.

I saw her this morning on GMA.

I am sorry anyone is giving her air time.

This is a dumb question since I'm sure we will never know the answer.

Was MM using a different social security number for 30 years as a Doctor? I'm still dumbfounded with the V.A. benefit and Social Security benefit fraud for 30 years. Was he filing taxes as Doctor M and other taxes in MM? Wouldn't someone, especially IRS, notice the same social security number? Where would he list those benefits under doctors tax filings?

Guess we will never know, if he ever is prosecuted on those, they are Federal offenses, and all that stuff is not public.

Creepy eyes. I did not notice that during trial. One photo in the old 20/20 episode shows it, and this one from dailymail from verdict day. Not a good look in his eyes here:

article-2493673-194D907000000578-32_634x400.jpg

This article was posted earlier but here is the link again:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ers-speak-Mormon-fathers-guilty-sentence.html

Check out Crime Time on Lip TV: http://thelip.tv/crime-time/

If the video doesn't load for you on their website, you can also check out their YouTube station.

I don't always agree with them, but you get a much better analysis than anything you can find on TV, in my opinion.

- Alisa

Ben Winslow interview with Jill Harper-Smith (Michele Macneill's niece)

http://fox13now.com/2013/11/11/macn...there-will-be-an-appeal-of-murder-conviction/

After the verdict was read, Michele&#8217;s family met with members of the jury for a few minutes inside the Provo courthouse.

&#8220;It was really cool to be able to talk to them and thank them and they all gave us hugs and said, &#8216;We&#8217;re sorry for your loss,&#8217; and were really genuine about it,&#8221; Michele&#8217;s niece, Jill Harper-Smith, told FOX 13 on Monday.

<modsnip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member