Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #10 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live quite close to where Kenzie's family lives. I so would like to bring flowers to them, anything....though nothing could possibly bring them solace. Ofcourse I can't do anything like that at this horrible time. I feel so heartbroken for them. It's appalling that newspeople are hovering around .
My thoughts are with them, as are the prayers and thoughts of so many.
Perhaps you could contact their church and ask them to put you on the rotation list for bringing food or something. Many churches create a list like this so people don’t have to worry about cooking. And in this situation, they likely won’t want to eat out in public while the media is still lurking.

I live quite close to where Kenzie's family lives. I so would like to bring flowers to them, anything....though nothing could possibly bring them solace. Ofcourse I can't do anything like that at this horrible time. I feel so heartbroken for them. It's appalling that newspeople are hovering around .
My thoughts are with them, as are the prayers and thoughts of so many.

I think we can all do something in our own way to honor Kenzie's memory and her family. Kenzie loved animals and her friends and family. She was studying to one day become a nurse and I'll bet she would have been a good one. The one good thing about the news is that news cycles are short. I think LE will shield the family from pushy reporters and soon the media will go away and leave the family to grieve in peace.

I believe he was saying, “hey if society didn’t shame women for reporting rape this rape victim would have reported and pressed charges on this and we wouldn’t be here today”

I understand these debates aren’t needed as mods have instructed. So I’ll drop it.
Yes, I was just confused as to why it would need to be be removed or reported. Maybe I didn't see the whole thing.
That's all.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is allowed so I will just mention it and not link it but there has been a Go Fund Me account set up to help the Lueck family with the funeral expenses. If mods give me the go ahead I'll post the link. If not and you are interested message me and I will send it to you.

We will need to check with @Tricia. As a general rule, links to such sites are not allowed; however, I will ask Tricia. She makes exceptions on a case by case basis.

This is so horrible. I feel so bad for her loved ones. She was surrounded by family shortly before. I imagine she saw many people because on her trip home just before this happened. Normally I see the more people at services like she'd just attended.

No one knew it'd be the last time. So heartbreaking.

Apologies if this has been addressed, I've been hopping in and out of here most of the day. Has there been a mention of any possible way of knowing a time/day of death?

There's currently a graphic timeline on KSL news site (link below) that indicates burning took place at POI residence on 6/17 & 6/18. (Neighbors were likely the source).

As we still don't know what forensic evidence was collected and/or tested, there's no way to confirm actual dod.

Very sorry.

Missing University of Utah student was murdered, police say

ETA: @PommyMommy - can't link or copy graphic.

@yellowmoose, I hate to even ask this since it is really trivial in the overall scheme of the horror of this crime and the pain that Kenzie's family is going to endure every day for the rest of their lives, but do you by any chance know if Kenzie's cat has been taken in by someone? I could tell from her social media that she loved her cat (and animals in general). I hope her cat has a caretaker. Animals have feelings, too, and they know when their owners are gone.

Absolutely not trivial. I think that this would have been a top priority for her if she could speak for herself. ❤️

This^ has been on my mind since I first read it. I hope they do so he can face more charges.
I’m worried about them too. Hope they have all the help they need and want if something happened. But, I can’t say I hope they come forward. I hope they do what is right for their mental health. He’s already going away. They need to put themselves first.

I’m wondering if he did build the soundproof room - neighbored didn’t report screaming or anything it was a Monday 3am June 17 - he must have gotten her in the house by pulling in the back? Which makes me think he knocked her out in the car - I pray she was still out during the day - poor Kenzie

North Park Police Department
10 seconds to find the press release it’s legit unless they are faking a press release on their Facebook page
Thank you! Using my phone for this is quite challenging today for me today?!

And please also excuse my typos on almost all I've posted since starting to use phone. I'm normally using a desktop.

I'll be driving past her parents' house on my way home from work again, and I'll see if there's any kind of impromptu memorial set up, but I wouldn't intrude. Maybe her parents don't want that at their home. That block has a big 4th of July block party every year, which I go to as my friend lives down the street from them. This year, I just don't know...

I agree, they probably just want to be left alone to deal with their devastation the best they can. IMO, wait and see what the family requests in the days ahead. They may have a charity in mind they want donations to go to. We all want to do something for them but they obviously are very private people. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3