Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #13 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
His book was a glorification of murder and violence. It would not surprise me if he did not see something like this as “art”. I think he had some twisted entrepreneurial vision that ended with this beautiful woman dead and him behind bars.

MOO maybe after his football video - and his watching it 10,000 times he thought "Hey I am pretty good."
That led to an idea where he could make money by making and appearing in home made videos.

Mackenzie Lueck killing investigation ‘complex and very active,’ authorities say
[...]

Typically, charges are filed against a defendant in a criminal case within 72 hours of an arrest. However, in some instances — often involving complex cases — Salt Lake County prosecutors have asked for additional time, Dist. Atty. Sim Gill said.

“This was a complex and very active investigation,” he said. “We want as much complete information as we can get before we file.”

[...]
I bet there are going to be additional charges that don't necessarily relate to the murder, but relate to his other online activity - FWIW I bet the feds are also involved and will be pressing charges there too. I hope they can make an airtight case against AA after all the stuff that's been discovered so he'll never see the light of day again.

I can't recall another case that I've followed where the judge extended the accused's hold before filing charges. I'm scared at what else he will be charged with, but I think there will be more than the 4 we know of. :eek:

Thanks everyone for the posts. The more I read the more disgusted I get. There are no words to describe my anger that this monster murdered Kenzie. A young woman with the world at her finger tips. What right did he have to take her life. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
( @MassGuy and others, just so you guys don’t think I’m crazy when I originally thought the tissue was found inside the house:

“Then, on Friday, Brown said breaks came when the Utah State Crime Lab confirmed tissue found at Ajayi’s home belonged to Lueck.”

Police arrest Ayoola Ajayi and seek aggravated murder charges in the death of MacKenzie Lueck

This is an example of one article that originally stated this nonspecifically and this was why I originally misinterpreted that the tissue was not from the burn pile but rather generally at the home. There were other articles also, foxnews, as @Tillicum mentioned, that also originally said this that I saw. Just wanted to post this so you guys didn’t think I was a total dummy.)

You a dummy? Never!! I’ve learned so much from you and look forward to your posts on all the threads.

As a fairly recent college grad (last 4-5 years), geology was typically an option for fulfilling a physical science requirement at my university. Depending on what classes were offered at what times, people would choose it to fill the requirement instead of taking something like physics 1 or astrophysics that was more heavily math based. I took calc-based astro (that was my minor) so I don't know what the content of entry level geology would look like, although I would assume it would be non calculus based and general knowledge of rocks and minerals, etc.

Yeah, that seems to be the case at USU. Lists geology as one of 25-30 options to fill the physical science gened requirement.
https://catalog.usu.edu/content.php?catoid=18&navoid=10606

Just jumping off your post.
If he was making an average of $50,000 a year, its not a huge stretch that he could afford a mortgage on a $250,000 house. He also had some income from the Airbnb. He was driving a Kia. I haven’t seen any indication of extravagant spending. I’ve seen perps hire lawyers at the beginning even though they can’t afford them long-term, as in a murder trial. IMO
I agree. The mortgage calculator I found says 28% of income. Course income is less any expenses. And also depends on what type loan. Maybe he had a small business loan. Many factors are involved other than income.

Just a few things
1- You dont need a huge downpayment to buy a home....In my state, the local credit union does first time home buyer deals. zero down, no closing costs etc...If your income to debt ratio is good enough to cover the mortgage, then you qualify for their first time home buyer program...most, if not all states credit unions have these.

2- The cameras are clearly for internet streaming of some kind...legal or otherwise. It very well could have been a legit streaming service like a voyerdorm or welivetogether type of site.
I am digging into my reverse dns lookups cross referencing the address and emails address etc...odds are there is some other website registered to him

3- A dark web search is needed. IF there was illegal recording and selling going on, its gonna be dark web based. Dark web marketplace search for his usernames would be the first place to start...Its a slow process tho as the marketplaces change daily.

4- Airbnb....so there is an underground network of airbnb hosts. 90% of the time they are legit airbnbs......but they also have a presence on the dark web, and the other 10% of the time they are used for illegal activities such as prostitution, illegal steaming, temp cam girl setups (for people who travel and need a new cam room setup ASAP)
Not saying AT ALL this is the case, but it exists and is out there....
Just my two cents worth...I worked for over 20 years--had a license to sell real estate and automobiles...many of my customers were members of local and Federal Credit Unions---in every application with Zero down--whether buying a home or an automobile, the applicant had to be qualified for the loan--i.e., a citizen of the United States, stable and verifiable employment, and references, etc. None of which match this suspect's background.

I can't recall another case that I've followed where the judge extended the accused's hold before filing charges. I'm scared at what else he will be charged with, but I think there will be more than the 4 we know of. :eek:

It’s certainly possible more charges are coming, but I think this delay is most likely related to answering some key questions:

What was the nature of their relationship?

How did they come to meet that night?

How did this happen?

Where did this happen?

Did he do this alone?

Lab results take time, and I cannot fathom how much digital evidence there is to analyze.

Has anyone entertained the idea that he burned ONLY her belongings the first day (June 17th) and that she might have still been alive in the house at that time? Then was killed sometime later that day or night and burned on the second day (June 18th)? That would be a whole other day he had with her. I know, yucky. Sorry.

Has anyone heard anything from/about the other guy that was present when SWAT took AA into custody? Not trying to sleuth him or anything. Just curious if he had any idea what he got himself into by being with AA at that time?!

There were reports on Monday that additional search warrants had been issued.

It's possible same may pertain to residence (Temple St) where AA and unidentified male were apprehended. Only time will tell. MOO

Just my two cents worth...I worked for over 20 years--had a license to sell real estate and automobiles...many of my customers were members of local and Federal Credit Unions---in every application with Zero down--whether buying a home or an automobile, the applicant had to be qualified for the loan--i.e., a citizen of the United States, stable and verifiable employment, and references, etc. None of which match this suspect's background.

Not exactly the case....
Non citizens must fall into one of three categories for a mortgage:
  • Permanent residents with a green card (Form I-551)
  • Non-permanent residents with a valid work visa (E1, E2, H1B, H2A, H2B, H3, L1 and G1-G4)
  • “Foreign nationals,” whose primary residence is not in the U.S.
He also had verifiable employment with a history. References? Like personal references? Ive had more loans then I can recall...and Ive never had to fill out anything for a reference.

It’s certainly possible more charges are coming, but I think this delay is most likely related to answering some key questions:

What was the nature of their relationship?

How did they come to meet that night?

How did this happen?

Where did this happen?

Did he do this alone?

Lab results take time, and I cannot fathom how much digital evidence there is to analyze.
The Holly Bobo case comes to mind...the suspects were arrested and held without charges for a long time...infuriating their defense lawyers...the prosecutors needed time to sort out all the potentially damning evidence they had, but wasn't enough to prosecute the suspects with...

The Better Business Bureau has a page on Geeks Online LLC. Location Dallas, Texas. 4 complaints. BBB rating of F. It mentions other possible locations.

Geeks Online, LLC | Better Business Bureau® Profile

Same name as AA used from this link from the beginning of the thread.

Entity Details: GEEKS ONLINE LLC - Utah Business Search - Utah.gov
4 complaints total. Two in May 2019, two in August 2018. Makes me wonder if those were the months he did any work with the biz.
Are we sure that is the same company as his? If so, it was clearly a scam. Read the review from 8/30/2018 - that is a scam tactic. A customer received an unsolicited refund that was too much and was told how to return the money in a very scammy way.

jmo

4 complaints total. Two in May 2019, two in August 2018. Makes me wonder if those were the months he did any work with the biz.
Are we sure that is the same company as his? If so, it was clearly a scam. Read the review from 8/30/2018 - that is a scam tactic. A customer received an unsolicited refund that was too much and was told how to return the money in a very scammy way.

jmo
Oh wow. That is a very common and successful scam. Interesting.

jmo

No, I'm not positive it is the same company. It just stuck out to me when I saw the Dallas Texas link. I'll go back and see if I can find any of the other locations. That might help shed some light on things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member