Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #13 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you.

Why didnt he just go to one of the local stores to buy fertilizer I wonder?

Imo

My first thought also when I read about a purchase of fertilizer was a bomb, as in Oklahoma City Bombing, since that bomb was made with a lot of fertilizer.
I don’t know how much he was buying but the federal government began regulating the sale of fertilizer containing ammonium nitrate a few years after The Okla bombing. Anybody who buys more than 25 pounds has to sign for it. If he did want it for bad intent this could be an attempt to avoid leaving a record. But then paying through Venmo leaves a record too, but I guess doesn’t alert authorities.

I bolded the part above - I’ve tried to look this up and come up empty. We don’t know if they have her physical phone, correct? I assume he burned it. Can LE tell from her phone records or “cloud” what happened to the phone at 3am? Does Verizon have records that say - “her battery was then removed” or “her phone power-off button was then initiated” or whatever, or is “no longer receiving data” as specific as they can get? This is probably a dumb question, but you never know with today’s technology.
LE specifically stated that her phone stopped receiving data and location services, which means that the phone was powered off. Her service provider would not know how the phone was powered off, simply that it had been receiving data and location services and then it didn't. They can pinpoint the exact time that occurred.

Destroying her phone would not destroy her phone's record of use. Those would be maintained by her provider for some period of time.

This video was uploaded by Fox 13 Utah and it addresses the phone use.

Didn’t he also have her laptop? Her passwords were likely saved and there would be no actual ping as in a cell phone.

They could track the IP address but he could have made the entry at a public Wi-Fi source. And looked at any other personal information that was not password-protected.

It is possible he did not burn her laptop with other items since it would be quick and easy to dispose of.

I don’t truly think this is what happened but it is a possibility.

JMO

ETA - someone mentioned that LE was alerted to his home address by the Instagram like. It still could’ve been her laptop and not the phone but he would have to be pretty clueless to not know it would be tracked.
I don't believe we know definitively that she had her laptop with her - or if she even had a laptop. I think there was some speculation that she might have one with her in her luggage because she was traveling, but we do not know that for sure.

Geek Squad is a widely known tech support company and the majority of people do trust them. If he’s targeting the general public with his company name, he could be considered smart for choosing a name easily confused with an established company. Scammers often piggyback off of legitimate companies.
I would say he is, or rather was, more of a "surviver."

Not so much that he is bright, but he was determined and apparently very lucky.

He did leave a huge trail behind him, after all. Imo

My first thought also when I read about a purchase of fertilizer was a bomb, as in Oklahoma City Bombing, since that bomb was made with a lot of fertilizer.
I don’t know how much he was buying but the federal government began regulating the sale of fertilizer containing ammonium nitrate a few years after The Okla bombing. Anybody who buys more than 25 pounds has to sign for it. If he did want it for bad intent this could be an attempt to avoid leaving a record. But then paying through Venmo leaves a record too, but I guess doesn’t alert authorities.
Wait, what is this about fertilizer?! I havent been on here much. He was buying fertilizer? How much? Explosive is the first thing I thought of. Remember the police seized ammunition from his garage. Has there been any evidence that he was involved in any shooting sports/activities? Anything on his SM about that? Was this guy in the beginning stages of planning a massacre?

Maybe he was planning to plant grass seed in the yard where he burned her body to cover it up. Imo

I wonder if she had let her guard down around him for some reason. Remember the friend that gave the interview warning her about him? Something blinded her to those warnings.

Is there a link to the interview with the friend that warned KL about AA ? I have read posts mentioning it but I haven't seen where the info came from. TIA

I think it is more likely that he paid someone to fertilize his lawn. If he were actually buying fertilizer, he would probably just go to Sutherlands or Lowe's. Venmo is currently used more to pay for services, rent, or split money w friends.

Randomly his last Venmo purchase (b/f the legal consult) was for fertilizer. I'm assuming for his yard? So maybe he was trying to take care of the deteriorating lawn?

I don't use Venmo but i think it's similar to PayPal... my question is: can't you just write whatever you want as a payment description? I've made a PayPal transfer once and in the description i wrote a code that i previously agreed with the person i was sending the money to. It was nothing illegal (in case you're wondering), but at that time i didn't want anyone to know i bought a personalized music for my PTSD...
Anyways... AA could have bought anything but fertilizer... which to me is something you can buy just around the corner i think.

Is there a link to the interview with the friend that warned KL about AA ? I have read posts mentioning it but I haven't seen where the info came from. TIA
It's not an interview, it's mentioned by a reporter in one of the links to the PC.
I'm not sure which one, though.

The reporter says he came up to her, shaken and angry and wanting to know where LE was taking the killer.

He said that he also met ML through a dating app and that she had talked about him. He said he had a bad feeling about the guy. I don't remember him saying specifically that he "warned" her, though.

He said they had conversations about him, that she had a relationship or "some type of arrangement" with him and he had a bad feeling about the guy. Imo

They were looking at IP addresses, GPS information, phone records as well as several apps. They went to the home with many warrants.

This is why the FBI is still involved, IMO. I think there's a really good chance that what he was doing online made this not only a local case but a federal case. And it's gonna be ugly.

RSABBM:

I'm convinced that the Feds are uncovering crimes unrelated to ML's murder as a result of their deep-dive analysis of his digital/electronic footprints, which no doubt led them directly to all kinds of nefarious, illegal activity.

I'm sure they secured warrants for all of his financial/credit card/banking records. I think those will yield a treasure trove of evidence that this guy's fraudulent activity isn't restricted to his self-representation on his resume and "About the Author" book bio.

Follow the Money.

One thing's for sure: the money trail doesn't lead to his Kindle direct publishing account.

JMO.

Last edited:
Maybe he was planning to plant grass seed in the yard where he burned her body to cover it up. Imo
There is also pallets of grass he had purchased. And if you'll notice in the pictures you can see his lawn is freshly laid pallets. If you spend money on sod, it's logical you would also fertilize it. At least I would....

I think it's the first time I've seen a trailer for a book...
MOO

FWIW, Scott Westerfeld used a trailer for his new YA trilogy last year (it was excellent. this is not that). Just sayin it's not unheard of.
SBM

Just chiming in to say that book trailers are an increasingly common marketing tool. Obviously more effective when done by professionals LOL, but it doesn't surprise me that he made one. The onus of marketing a self-published book is entirely on the author, and even the traditional book publishing industry in general is moving more toward content that can be shared online/social media to promote books. (Disclaimer: I work in the publishing industry.)

Anyway, I can definitely see him stumbling across advice to make a book trailer for a self-published book and him thinking, well, of course I can do that. :rolleyes:

@srg has posted on Kelsey's thread as a Verified Clinical Psychologist.

If she's still around, hopefully she'll pop in to give us the benefit of her expertise here, too.
I’m still around and totally following the Kenzie case.
Sound decision making may be compromised during grief as the emotions are overwhelming. People typically seek comfort in response to intense emotions and the coping mechanisms can be healthy but sometimes destructive in order to numb. I have no idea what was going on with Kenzie and what led to the decision to meet Mr Murderer at park at 3am. It may not have seemed risky to her or maybe she was given no choice but to meet him to avoid a consequence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove