UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmmm...
JoVanna Owings spent a couple of hours with the Powells on the afternoon of Sunday, December 6th, which is the last day anyone saw Susan. Owings says Susan invited her to have dinner at her home, because she wanted some help with a crocheting project.
Owings says the mood was calm and relaxed. She and Susan sat in the living room, ate dinner and talked while Josh ate in the kitchen with the couple's two boys.

She says Josh often came out to the living room to talk to both of them.
"There was no indication that there were any problems, nothing that would indicate that anything was any different than any other day," Owings says.
She says Josh told her he was going to take the boys sledding. She didn't think it was unusual because Josh is a responsible father and would not have kept the boys out very long. She says Josh never mentioned taking the boys camping later that night. Owings talked to Josh on his cell phone Monday afternoon around 4 o'clock, before he returned home. She would not say what the two talked about. She did say she hopes this mystery will be solved soon because the boys need their mother.
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9029772

video at link!

i hope they find something soon. i just have a bad feeling that unless a body turns up then this guy may get away scott free(no pun intended!). I predict that soon there will be some dirt on this guy. Possibly and affair or some sort of internet adult site addiction. I saw the videos and he looks out of it. Crazed and haunted.

I'm glad you reminded me of the friend saying it was unusual for them to go camping in the winter, much less late at night. I forgot to add that to the list a while ago.

It was their nanny, not a "friend", and according to the quote I posted, she said is was NOT unlike him to do overnight sleep-in-the-van camping trips with the kids: "It wasn't unlike (Josh and his sons) to go out on a short overnighter and sleep in their van". That's what I find really bizarre. It's not clear whether these trips ordinarily included Susan, and no indication that they'd been done in freezing weather in the past, but it's still a totally bizarre thing for any parent or parents to enjoy doing with two preschool aged children, including one who isn't old enough to be really potty-trained.

Sure people who enjoy nature/wilderness would like to take their young kids along on outings, but for anything so close as to make an "overnight" trip feasible, you'd make it a day trip, and get back home to sleep in your own beds/crib, have changing table handy, etc. What's fun about spending the night in a van dealing with diapers? That sounds like something people do out of desperation, when they've lost their home and can't afford a place to live, not like something anyone would do for fun.

Thanks for making a thread! I was just checking to see if there was one here for her or not.

This I find very odd...

WHO the heck takes their 2 y/o and 4 y/o out at midnight on a spur of the moment camping trip in the woods when it's freezing cold outside?? I'd smack my hubby silly if he every suggested that.

I wonder if the 2 boys (2 and 4) have the ability to be questioned? All kids develop verbal skills differently, so who knows... Hopefully the 4 year old can remember something.

One thing I have learned about psycho murderers (thanks to Casey Anthony and Scott Peterson) is that,,, in their lies, there are flakes of truth. I have a feeling that the husband did in fact run out after midnight (with or without the kids) and took a trip to the woods... BUT, it wasn't for camping :(
Perhaps they should start looking in the woods....

this interview with the woman over for dinner

she said that they were crocheting and Susan said she was tired and would her friend mind if she laid down... the woman said sure and kept working on the yarn.

When the reporter asked if Susan knew about the sledding plans she said no he had told that just to her (after Susan laid down).

Okay... my premeditation hinky meter is up now folks.

okay yeah... wait until your wife leaves the room and than tell her friend that was over that you plan on taking the kids out sledding... don't tell your wife who for some reason just got incredibly TIRED at five pm at night while a friend is over trying to help her with a crochet project!

Slipped something in her food and she lays down completely tired at five pm. That is what I am thinking!

yup, I think the friend is covering for the husband and knows something. Either she is in denial or helped him in some way. She is trying waaaay to hard to make sure he isnt seen in a bad light or a suspect. If It was my friends and one came up missing and the story was crazy I would be all over that guy.

I totally remember that case! Didn't he take off and they tracked him up north or something? and they thought he may have committed suicide but he hadn't done it yet. I think he was planning to.

Oh, and I'm sorry but I can't remember the name. It actually only took a very short time to solve that case. IIRC, maybe a week or so.

It's so sad. So many cases and so many names, it's hard to keep track of them or even what state it was.

:(
JMHO
fran

Sorry - but this has been bothering me since ya'll mentioned it - had to figure it out! Tara Grant - murdered by her husband, Stephen. Threads are here - he's now rotting in prison.

But this case also brings to mind Nancy/Brad Cooper, Sherri/Chris Coleman (and their precious boys), Stacy/Drew Peterson, Youngs, Stebics, etc. So many and each of these guys fancies himself so much smarter than the rest.

I hope LE has played their cards right here so far; I'm not happy that this has lawyered-up before they had a chance to question him again. Dang it!

yup, I think the friend is covering for the husband and knows something. Either she is in denial or helped him in some way. She is trying waaaay to hard to make sure he isnt seen in a bad light or a suspect. If It was my friends and one came up missing and the story was crazy I would be all over that guy.

i'll betcha they're having an affair...
don't wanna start any rumors tho :innocent:

I used to live in Southern Utah- my daughter was born in Cedar City, and we also lived for a time in St. George & Hurricane.

I can attest to the fact that there must be a billion remote locations in which to dispose of a body, if someone so wishes.

Even in Southern Utah, at this time of year, it is freezing at night. My ex-husband and I did quite a bit of camping while we lived there- but, never in sub-zero temperatures, and we never STARTED our camping trip after dark. It just doesn't make sense.

i'll betcha they're having an affair...
don't wanna start any rumors tho :innocent:
did you watch the interview? I just don't see an affair or anything of the sort.

I do see a possible alibi to what he was thinking about doing.

Josh's attorney Scott Williams was defending Chris Jeppson on the murder trial of Kiplyn Davis of Spanish Fork in 1995. They never found her body and were only ever able to prove that he and his friends had lied to the grand jury. He ended up taking a plea deal this year. Watch that's what will happen with this case if they don't find Susan. Pray they find her body....Lawyers... just what the world needs more of...(not).

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=6400354

did you watch the interview? I just don't see an affair or anything of the sort.

I do see a possible alibi to what he was thinking about doing.

Just was going to post the same thing.
The friend who was at dinner appears to be quite a bit older than Josh.

Snip by me

I said in one of my first posts on this thread, that in the 17 hours he was gone, he could have gotten anywhere within the state of Utah and the surrounding states. There is no telling where Susan could be. My family goes out on ATV's on the Old Pony Express Trails quite often, and I can guarantee, they will be keeping an eye out for Susan when there. But I honestly don't think Josh was ever even there.

I have seen a few articles that say he came home on Tuesday instead of
Monday. If that is the case then he had way more time than just the 17 hours!

"Police said he told them that they slept in a van and returned home Tuesday evening."

With her father’s comments about her possibly being out of state…..
she could be anywhere … Idaho, Wyoming, Nevada etc. in that amount of time!

I hope that they get some evidence back and he starts to talk!

It was their nanny, not a "friend", and according to the quote I posted, she said is was NOT unlike him to do overnight sleep-in-the-van camping trips with the kids: "It wasn't unlike (Josh and his sons) to go out on a short overnighter and sleep in their van". That's what I find really bizarre. It's not clear whether these trips ordinarily included Susan, and no indication that they'd been done in freezing weather in the past, but it's still a totally bizarre thing for any parent or parents to enjoy doing with two preschool aged children, including one who isn't old enough to be really potty-trained.

Sure people who enjoy nature/wilderness would like to take their young kids along on outings, but for anything so close as to make an "overnight" trip feasible, you'd make it a day trip, and get back home to sleep in your own beds/crib, have changing table handy, etc. What's fun about spending the night in a van dealing with diapers? That sounds like something people do out of desperation, when they've lost their home and can't afford a place to live, not like something anyone would do for fun.

Agree'd!!! Even with older kids, it takes time to pack supplies, get to your camp spot, unload, set up camp, etc. I just don't see this happening with such young kids in such cold weather.

I know there is really no reason to think this, but I must admit that the possibility has crossed my mind that he might have been molesting them in some way. JMO, and just a theory.

this interview with the woman over for dinner

she said that they were crocheting and Susan said she was tired and would her friend mind if she laid down... the woman said sure and kept working on the yarn.

When the reporter asked if Susan knew about the sledding plans she said no he had told that just to her (after Susan laid down).

Okay... my premeditation hinky meter is up now folks.

Are these two statements bolded above one of the same person making these statements ?!!! This woman that was over for dinner ?

okay yeah... wait until your wife leaves the room and than tell her friend that was over that you plan on taking the kids out sledding... don't tell your wife who for some reason just got incredibly TIRED at five pm at night while a friend is over trying to help her with a crochet project!

Slipped something in her food and she lays down completely tired at five pm. That is what I am thinking!

FRAN, can you add this info to the list!!!
BBM

Thanks, it's real important!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members