UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA Amity. I am sure that LE has the mileage off of that rental!

eta: I am sure that LE knew the minute that he rented that car! I bet they have been tracking his credit cards, etc

Hi everyone, I have missed a whole day on here - family stuff, you know! I'm too impatient to go too far back with the posts, and sorry to ask, but can someone fill me in about the 24 hour thing/rented car by JP? What happened with that? Also, I saw the pic #70 - and it surely looks like a ghostly phenomenon or angel. Way cool. My TV's have been used all day because of the blizzard (still going on!) for playstations/movies/ etc, so I've also missed the news all day. What's new if anything on this case today?

Actually IMO,nothing new exect his friend from a year of semi monthly meetings (24 meetings maybe) said JP went to his house drained emotionally and cried.
I guess according to this guy, JP rented a car (no money Josh)
and disappeared for 24 hours, of course looking for Susan............

We are still speculating on what happened..........
Nothing on news that I have seen.
Father of Susan still being very passive.

OK, so JP rented a car when? Right after he got home at 5PM from "camping?" Did they get the mileage from the car? Did JP tell anyone where he went and why?:waitasec:

OK, so JP rented a car when? Right after he got home at 5PM from "camping?" Did they get the mileage from the car? Did JP tell anyone where he went and why?:waitasec:

nothing that I know yet

Maybe he went to where her body was deposited to move it do something evidence-wise?

I'm sure LE is all over the rental. However many miles he went in that car, I'm hoping they sent investigators in every direction.

He probably told everyone he was looking for his wife, which probably was true. It's just WHY he was looking for her that would be a lie. Idiot.

I kept thinking he put Susan 'close to home' because he is familiar with the area.
Then I thought surely he wouldn't have her in the van for long because of no decomp.
Did he kill her and freeze her in the backyard first before transferring her body because of fluids?
A couple hours in a warm van would leave decomp.
I think you are right that he got stuck somewhere, frost bite hands.

I have a question, and I apologize if this was posted earlier. I am finding it hard to read and remember every single thing on this case, as there seems to be so much info, and sadly,so little. Anyway, did LE have cadaver dogs when they searched the house in either search? I haven't read that they did, or did not bring cadaver dogs. And, it seems like LE in this case are playing it close to the vest, and not saying too much. Did LE make any comment on no decomp in the van? Or is the decomp in the van simply an aspect of discussion here on Websleuths? Thanks again.

I don't have time to see if this was already posted, sorry if it is a repeat:

SALT LAKE CITY - A friend is speaking out in support of Josh Powell, the man police consider the sole person of interest in the disappearance of his wife nearly two weeks ago.

Wayne Hamberg of Salt Lake City said Josh and Susan Powell had problems like any other couple, but he never saw any signs of domestic violence or serious issues.

He said the media shouldn't convict Josh Powell, and he disagrees that his friend has been evasive in television interviews.

...snip

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34492950/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

Ok, I have had several thoughts while reading and catching up on this thread. First, LE made a remark that it could take years to find Susan. Could it be that LE purposely said that to bait Josh in some way? Maybe it will lull him into feeling secure, and then he will travel back to the scene of where he disposed of Susan. Did LE put a tracking chip in his van as LE did with Scott Peterson? (My memory does not tell me that his van was taken by LE and later given back, but my memory has taken a huge hit due to menopause, LOL.)

The next thought concerns the rental car. Perhaps he rented the car to dispose of Susan's clothing, a blanket, any and all types of evidence Josh thought might tie him to Susan's disappearance. He may have thought that so many people would rent it after him that any trace evidence leading back to him would be destroyed. Just a thought. This is such a frustrating case because it is quite clear who LE suspects, even if he is only being called a "person of interest", and yet we don't know anymore than we did two weeks ago when she was first discovered missing. At least Mark Hacking's brothers did the honorable thing and told LE what they knew, and then Mark pled guilty. I don't think any family members even know what Josh may have done, and even if he is arrested I do not believe Josh will plead guilty. JMHO

After reading your post, the thought came into my head (dangerous, I know! :crazy: ) that maybe it should become standard operating proceedure ..... when someone goes missing, especially a wife, girlfriend or child, that LE automatically start secretly following the person last known to have seen the missing person.

In Peterson's case and now here, there is definitely something similar that goes on in the mind's of these sickos....going back to the 'dump' spot to make sure things are covered up well?

BBM
That's exactly what happened in the Tara Lynn Grant case:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47061"]MI-missing washington township: Tara Lynn Grant *merged threads* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Tara's husband Stephen Grant went back to the park to move her torso when he heard they were going to search for her there.

There are lots of similarities to this case.
I'm about 3/4 of the way through the book "Limb From Limb" which is about the murder of Tara Lynn Grant. I highly recommend it.

I guess I miss that Josh was in real estate until I found his web site.. He would have key to homes. Maybe he never camp maybe he stay in a home that was for sale.

Sorry if this has already been discussed, I just can't keep up with the thread, but was there trash pickup on Monday? I'm just thinking of the possibility he used a dumpster the same as Hacking. Maybe the whole going off into the dessert is just to lead people away from a place much closer to home.

VB

Obviously Josh has no friends, or he wouldn't have found it necessary to go over to a guy's house, who he only sees twice a month, to snivel about 'boo-hoo, nobody is sticking up for me!'

He was only manipulating Wayne. Poor Wayne just doesn't see it. Just like Josh's bil didn't see it at first either. Then he watches replays of his interview, with poor old Josh standing MUTE beside him, while he, his bil, looked like an idiot saying things like, 'I don't know.'................yeh, and his bil, JOSH, standing right next to him knows the answer and just doesn't say a word.

What a sniveling little coward he is. Oh.................poor thing, he looks so gaunt...................just imagine how Susan looks laying out in the wilderness thrown away like trash with snow falling on her, out there with no defense from scavenger critters..........

Puhleeezzzzzzzzze! GMAB!

Stop already! Don't make any more of a fool of yourself Wayne. When the TRUTH comes out, you will feel like such a idiot!

ggrrrr,
fran

I guess I miss that Josh was in real estate until I found his web site.. He would have key to homes. Maybe he never camp maybe he stay in a home that was for sale.

It's been said that he no longer is in RE. I would imagine with the economy the way it is, he just had to move on. He's supposed to be in IT. But according to a statement by his friend, he's been fired.

I know the article said he was fired because of all the press of this case. But, I can't imagine a company firing somebody for that. Wonder if it had anything to do with him not showing up for work on Monday? Maybe he'd been warned or something.

Interesting,
fran

I didn't know if anyone has brought this up here:

On March 20, 2006, Utah House Bill 102, also known as "Lori's Law," was signed into law. It increases the minimum penalty for a person convicted of first degree murder in Utah to fifteen years to life.

On local cbs news they are reporting a neighbor is saying he heard something suspicious Sunday night over at the Powells, at 11:45 p.m. he heard a car alarm going off inside their garage.

VB

Missing mom's family casts doubt on son-in-law's story
Worry » Missing mom's parents plead with son-in-law to come forward with any info of woman's whereabouts.
Updated: 12/19/2009 09:49:28 PM MST
<snipped>
In Susan's hometown of Puyallup, she's remembered as the Rogers High School teenager who spelled out "UR A FLAKE" in Corn Flakes in the front yard of a boy she liked, then ran away from the scene giggling with friends.

She's the young woman who earned a scholarship to beauty school to pursue her philosophy that "people should be pretty" and it was her job to make them that way, said her father, Chuck Cox.

"Susan wasn't one to go off quietly into the night. She isn't some mousy little girl who is off hiding somewhere," Chuck Cox said in an interview at the family's Puyallup home. "If she could contact us, she certainly would. The idea that she was sleeping or getting ready for bed at 12:30 a.m. and [her husband] said 'I'm leaving with the boys to go camping' ... I don't think so. No way."

The family is starting to publicly admit frustrations and concerns they've had with their son-in-law's behavior over the years -- reservations they've previously kept to themselves to support their daughter and her family.

"We want to support him, but frankly the story he tells just doesn't come close. Our daughter was not afraid of him. She would stand up to him. If he was taking her children out in that kind of weather, she wouldn't have let him," Chuck Cox said.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life of the party

*Tuba & Soulscape, Take Note Of This below!!! ETA: I let them both know about this info below!
The third of four daughters born to the Coxes, Susan as a child was known for her striking looks, energetic personality and playful jokes. She moved with her family from her birthplace in New Mexico to Alaska and Vancouver, Wash., before the Coxes settled in Puyallup in 1991.

Some of Susan's friends were also put off by Joshua's seemingly anti-social and awkward behavior.

The Coxes silently wondered if Joshua had a possible mental illness, knowing he had a relative that suffered from bipolar disorder. But Joshua's family summed up the man's eccentric behavior as "Josh is just Josh," Chuck Cox said.

They also had "issues" with Joshua's father, Steven Powell, who could not be reached for comment for this story. A man who answered the door of a Puyallup home believed to belong to Steven Powell refused to speak to a Salt Lake Tribune reporter. The Coxes said Steven Powell isn't actively helping with the search for Susan.

*Note: MUCH more NEW INFO in this long article!!!!!!

Article:
http://www.sltrib.com/News/ci_14035282
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UPDATED: Vigil planned for Susan Powell
December 19th, 2009 @ 10:05pm
<snipped>
"Having some background with a friend who was missing several months, I know what it's like to have people speculate and make accusations," says James Hofheins, co-administrator of The Family and Friends of Susan Powell Facebook page.

Hofheins not only monitors the discussion boards for negative comments, the goal is to keep everyone on finding Susan sp he can also e-mail missing persons fliers to hundreds, even thousands of people from his kitchen table. In turn, he asks those people to forward on the posters to at least three people.

Chuck Cox, Susan Powell's father, writes often. One posting says: "Please continue to remember her in your prayers, pass on any info to the police, but have a Merry Christmas." It's a simple wish to thousands of new friends.

The vigil is scheduled for Saturday at 8:30 p.m. at the LDS Church building at 3665 S. 6000 West in West Valley City, in the park area behind the church.

*Video Included In Article!

Article:
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=9091908

:angel:

Maybe Josh spent the night at home and just left early in the morning with the boys. It bothers me the spot on the rug was still wet when police got there in the afternoon with 2 fans running on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro