UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could link to it, but it's been removed so it won't show up when you go to the link. I have a copy of it though.

Actually, I think I better not post it on the open forum. It may have been removed for a reason. No sense in causing trouble.

fran

Since you have it, would you mind filling in the blanks to my post? For the record and accuracy?

The post in comments said "Josh did it." Also, called him an SOB and said "those that knew", "sworn to secrecy" that's what i remember

it wasn't a long post, only 3 lines, iirc

I could link to it, but it's been removed so it won't show up when you go to the link. I have a copy of it though.

Actually, I think I better not post it on the open forum. It may have been removed for a reason. No sense in causing trouble.

fran

the sltrib has a mod that posts occasionally saying basically that any out & out accusatory posts will be deleted & they ask that posters flag those comments...that 'sworn to secrecy' post probably got flagged because it was definitely accusatory or a mod happened to see it....I've seen plenty of posts there that said 'he did it', etc.....JMOOOC.

ETA: but thinking about it, you could be right...maybe someone really needs to keep things under wraps for now.

the sltrib has a mod that posts occasionally saying basically that any out & out accusatory posts will be deleted & they ask that posters flag those comments...that 'sworn to secrecy' post probably got flagged because it was definitely accusatory or a mod happened to see it....I've seen plenty of posts there that said 'he did it', etc.....JMOOOC.

ETA: but thinking about it, you could be right...maybe someone really needs to keep things under wraps for now.

or maybe they have traced the poster and are interviewing them now. We can hope anyway.

It could have been a poster on that site trying to stir things up, but I just betcha LE has a copy of it anyway and checks that person out. The newspaper has all user information. JMO

And yes, I do believe that sometimes people who know something will post. Not often, but it does happen.

MOO

In California, the in-laws could apply for a guardianship of the minors. They could ask for temporary orders at the same time they filed the petition. I actually think I could make a good case for them to have guardianship on a temporary basis, based on the facts of the case. The comments that he is like a ghost and can barely function, that his wife is missing but he won't cooperate and got the heck out of town without notification to LE, the midnight camping in subfreezing temps, being confused about the day it was (points to mental instability), getting fired as a result and thus having no means to support the kids, being an uncooeprative person of interest in the investigation of the disappearance of his wife, having had the police called on him before, the statement that his toddler and preschooler are giving HIM the support he needs, instead of vice versa, etc.
Now, he could state, in response, that he has help with the boys from his father and that his father is providing for them. My counter argument would be that the father seems to be enabling his son, does and did not have his DIL's best interest at heart and is helping to hinder the investigation. I would point out that looking out for Susan's best interest is in the children's best interests and that not doing so is bad for the children.
I would also argue that an enabler cannot control a possibly unstable man and is not the best person to provide protection for the children.
Finally, and most important (but related), I would argue that without a guardianship, josh is free to leave his father's residence and go anywhere, with those babies, at any time and given his condition and lack of funds, that could be detrimental to the children.

Would I win for the Cox's? I would predict that in California, no, not right away, with the exception that the court may grant a guardianship to them but allow physical custody to remain with the father as long as he stays with his FIL. However, in Utah, which would be the proper jurisdiction as that is the last residence of the children for the last six months, the Cox's would have a far better chance of getting a "full" guardianship and taking custody because of the feelings in the state about josh and what he may have done to his wife and now, because of the information that has come out about how his FIL tried to break up the marriage, and steer josh away from his faith. With the right judge or custody evaluator, that could prove a boon to a case brought by the Cox's. I'd like to see them try, for the sake of the kids!
On another note, I think it should be policy that children of murdered parents should, all else being equal, go to the family of the victim, rather than of the murderer.

:clap: (underscore, bbm) Excellent analysis and argument.

And the part re his baby and toddler sons providing *him* w emotional support? CLASSIC NPD and does not surprise me in the least that rather than considering what would most help his children thru the devastating unbearable loss of their mother it is instead ALL ABOUT JP. Give me a bucket, somebody, quick... :sick:

:parrot:

OhMyGosh!

THAT is scary!

"Smoking gun"

Wowser!

"Sworn to secrecy"

OK, I'm going to go out on a limb here.................Another woman?

Time will tell,
:(
fran

the post referred to has disappeared---what did it say? even better, did anyone save it? thanks

THANK YOU FRAN, it sounded personal to me. Did you feel the same?

DEFINITELY!

More than one person knows the answer. I bet LE knows too!

Josh needs to give it up!

JMHO
fran

and this doctor did not have a running commentary there, it was a single post, iirc
or could the name = document holder? that would be great

When Chris Coleman went to his parents house to stay, detectives were not even trying to hide the fact that they were parked near the parents house and followed them everywhere. It was at the parents house where Coleman was arrested.

Josh, better watch out, go ahead and pout 'cause LE is coming for you! It is a matter of time!

What do you base this on?

I have a very good friend who was in a similar situation. Her husband was in a high position in that church. When a man attains that position, they are believed to speak "the word of God". Women are capable of "speaking the word of Satan". Since she chose to leave with her children, she was told to find another temple. At that point, she left for good with her children.

Please read the history of this church. No, I did not know Susan, but this church has standard practices in these cases.

fran

BBM

Thought I'd bump up this post because now I am totally confused on why the comment from the other site, which is now gone, is showing up at WS in an open forum. :crazy:

Gitana1's statement really struck a cord with me - but how many men (and unfortunately most are men) do kill their wives/girlfriends and are still walking around. So many of them lawyer-up and make the detectives prove the case. Why are women so replaceable? Would not walking away or a divorce be so much better? That said, I believe it has to do with ego and a controlling nature. Just look at Scott Peterson, O.J. I cannot remember her first name but the I believe is Young, and she was murdered while her hubby was away. He lawyered up very quickly and is now surrounded by his parents who are evidently well connected. There is a local mystery of Debbie DeMello where her husband said he and his wife were riding in a car, an argument arose, she got out and then that's the end. Nothing more was found and he now is walking around free.

She was never found, no clues. Her family is still searching. Why? This was a small city, small budget, she was not a well-connected woman - why did her disappearance garner little except for signs on telephone poles? She, same as Susan, had small children.

Is the score card in the favor of the woman? I have my doubts.

If the media and pressure from family hadn't been volcanic ,I believe Drew Peterson would still be taunting the camera folks, riding his motorcycle and thumbing his nose at neighbors.

Why does it take certain cases to grib the hearts and minds of everyday citizens? Every woman who disappears deserves her day in court; even in abstentia!

I'm trying to catch up but will post this anyway. You probably already know this. Myabe you will feel a bit better if you know that Jason Young was arrested last week for his wife, Michelle Young's murder. This happened close to Raleigh, NC.

BBM

Thought I'd bump up this post because now I am totally confused on why the comment from the other site, which is now gone, is showing up at WS in an open forum. :crazy:

I had posted parts of it already but couldn't remember all of it and asked for accuracy and clarification for the record. So, i'm to blame, if anyone.

I'm trying to catch up but will post this anyway. You probably already know this. Myabe you will feel a bit better if you know that Jason Young was arrested last week for his wife, Michelle Young's murder. This happened close to Raleigh, NC.

Yes, yes, YES! Thanks for letting us know! I followed that case - OMG, I'm so happy!

BBM

Other posters said they'd noted that at the other site they would remove posts that seemed accusatory. So I thought that was why it was removed.

Because I didn't copy the post word for word, I figured it was ok. If not, just let me know and I'll delete it. I did say 'rumor.'

Thanks,
fran

:woohoo:

Hi friend :hug: Yes another disgusting excuse for a husband and "human" being bites the dust... TG at least JY's not still out endangering other women, breathing and wasting the free oxygen...

:parrot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member