UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But, what if no one else is willing to search? It becomes a risk issue - the risk that an unprofessional/family person finds her vs the risk that no one finds her because no one is looking. I don't know - what would you do?

Personally - I would search - wouldn't be able to stop myself! But - I belong to WS so I would KNOW that there is so much more to it than finding the person I'm looking for.

This is a little creepy - especially at the end.

No wonder he has three adult children living at his house. Yow.

You Were My First Love

Words and Music by Steve Chantrey

You were waiting when I first awakened,
And although I must have felt forsaken,
You were there, My Dear Mother.
You were my first love.

I could hear your voice before I knew you,
Your heartbeat was calming to me through you.
I heard you, My Dear Mother,
You were my first love.

Your sweet lullaby,
My first music,
Swept away all darkness and all fear.
We would rock-a-bye,
You would soothe me,
And I knew I was your little dear.

Your eyes were the first that I looked into
Filled with love in spite of what you'd been through.
I felt loved, My Dear Mother.
You were my first love.

Other loves have lived within my heart,
Where they've shared my life and played a part.
It was you who loved me from the start:
You were my first love.
You were my first love.

I will spare you all a reposting the song lyrics. Yes, DomCasual, that is kind of a creepy song, but it might make a good Mothers Day card.

No More Mormon Bashing.

The reason Elizabeth Smart's case was a big deal and the Mormon Church became involved is because of ED SMART ORGANIZING it along with his family.

Also these are two totally different cases.

If it did any good to argue religion I would say go for it but it does nothing but get everyone angry and disagreeable.

Thank you for understanding.

Tricia

Tricia,

With all due respect, it's not my intention to "bash" Mormons, in general. We have a large Mormon population in Las Vegas - and I was raised with many Mormon kids - to the point where I very nearly converted myself. You will NEVER, EVER find a bigger Osmond family fan than I...you have no idea!!!

I'm speaking from my own PERSONAL experience. I, personally, have not seen woman in the Church of the LDS treated exceptionally well - particularly when they were in a difficult marriage. That's just MY own personal experience.

Here’s the lowdown on the physical search: Chuck Cox, Susan’s father, has said that if anyone wants to do their own search, you must contact the West Valley PD. Get their permission and register a record of where in the wilderness you want to search and then report back to them after you’re done.

So does everyone think that was just a mistake and Kiirsi should have never put the permission part in there? The sentence before it she says you must contact the police.

http://crosscountryadventures.wordpress.com/

Are you saying you don't think his career is going to take off? :rolleyes:

The only way he could make money off that music is to market it as a diet plan. Just listen to his music while trying to eat any meal and you’re guaranteed to lose weight.

Here’s the lowdown on the physical search: Chuck Cox, Susan’s father, has said that if anyone wants to do their own search, you must contact the West Valley PD. Get their permission and register a record of where in the wilderness you want to search and then report back to them after you’re done.

So does everyone think that was just a mistake and Kiirsi should have never put the permission part in there? The sentence before it she says you must contact the police.

Thanks Dr. F, that is good news. Am not understanding why you are the hare here. :waitasec:

http://chantrey.polishedmarketing.com/Pages/About/MeetSteve.aspx

Did you read about how his father left them and took the kids to grandparents house and mom didn't know they had moved!!!! Did I read this right???
Please someone that knows how to photo this for keeps........I have a feeling it all will disappear soon..............yikes.......go read!!

Whoa... I know I'm in Bizarroworld now. :eek: I see it's the same PMktg and it would seem to fit in an eerie pathological kinda way but is there anything which can really confirm that this is JP's dad--and not simply SC? Unfortunately there's nothing even about children eg in the bio part IIRC. Weird, like stuck in a time warp as if nothing's happened more recently--like in the past 40+ years or so...?! Talk about self-absorbed, eeesh :sheesh:

:parrot:

Did she get the WVPD to approve that statement before deeming it a must?

Whoa... I know I'm in Bizarroworld now. :eek: I see it's the same PMktg and it would seem to fit in an eerie pathological kinda way but is there anything which can really help confirm that this is JP's dad--and not simply SC? Unfortunately there's nothing even about children eg in the bio part IIRC. Weird, like stuck in a time warp as if nothing's happened more recently (like in the past 40+ years or so...) Talk about self-absorbed, eeesh :sheesh:

Kiki, um....just take a good gander seriously? they could be twins in about 6 months given Josh's aging

Go back and read my statement and then read what you said I wrote in black and white. They are two entirely different things.

The police did not tell Haleigh Cummings family they had to get permission or that they could not search for Haleigh. They might have suggested they don't search for her but the police could not stop them.

The police have nothing to do with private property, you have to get permission for that from the landowners which most of the land in Utah is federal land where you do not need permission from a landowner.

The police can not tell people they can't search an area simply because it is dangerous. Otherwise 90 percent of the stuff Utahans do for fun would be illegal.

BBM. That's not true. Much of that land is BLM and is leased to ranchers and agriculture industries. In the past few years it's become even more so. Ask anyone out here who rides a 4 wheel drive, hunts, rides horses and shoots targets about how many places they can't go to anymore. Just about everyone in Utah has a story about wandering where they weren't supposed to go. I had an unpleasant experience driving into a popular 4 wheeling place near Five Mile Pass that was being leased to ranchers.

BBM. That's not true. Much of that land is BLM and is leased to ranchers and agriculture industries. In the past few years it's become even more so. Ask anyone out here who rides a 4 wheel drive, hunts, rides horses and shoots targets about how many places they can't go to anymore. Just about everyone in Utah has a story about wandering where they weren't supposed to go. I had an unpleasant experience driving into a popular 4 wheeling place near Five Mile Pass that was being leased to ranchers.

Then ALL the more reason that every rancher search their individual ranch. They are on the land every day, is that so hard?

I really don't know the answer to why the cops want people to check in with them, but common sense tells me it might be for two reasons:

1. to prevent people from getting hurt, lost, etc. and causing more harm than good, and
2. to prevent people looking in the same places over and over. If everybody checks in, they can tell you if that spot has been looked over yet. More ground can be covered if everybody looks in a different place.

What if people did find the remains and then picked them up and carried them to their truck and drove them to the police station? You and I might know how wrong that is, but would everyone? How about if everyone checks with the police before they go so at the very least the police can remind them that if they find anything at all, just leave it alone and call police right away.

Yes... I'm thinking beyond searcher's safety they probably also want to know in advance where a layperson plans to search for investigative purposes. If they have been notified ahead that a particular person is planning to search in a specified location at a given time, the idea anyway might be that it eliminates the questions involved should LE discover the person in the vicinity of the body--ie whether they were just happening upon the body, or had foreknowledge. Ie if I'm the perp who wants to revisit the body, I'm not very likely to inform LE ahead--and if LE catches me all I can do is shuffle my feet and say, "well, lookie here... if it isn't a body!"

BLM land is federal land and there are 29 million acres of it in Utah and 5 million acres of it leased. That leaves 24 million acres you don't have to ask to go on.

Based on the time of night, weather, type of vehicle he drove and that he had two young children with him, Susan’s body will not be far from an easily accessible area.

He also probably wouldn’t have chanced driving very far and I can’t imagine he would travel on roads he wasn’t familiar with at night and in those conditions.

It would be a big help if a friend of theirs knew of areas where Josh had been before. Search those areas first.

Tricia,

With all due respect, it's not my intention to "bash" Mormons, in general. We have a large Mormon population in Las Vegas - and I was raised with many Mormon kids - to the point where I very nearly converted myself. You will NEVER, EVER find a bigger Osmond family fan than I...you have no idea!!!

I'm speaking from my own PERSONAL experience. I, personally, have not seen woman in the Church of the LDS treated exceptionally well - particularly when they were in a difficult marriage. That's just MY own personal experience.

It's interesting how people can view things so differently. I'm thinking of all the married LDS women I know and I can tell you most wear the pants in their family. There are more than a few husbands I feel sorry for. They have wives that demand the big house, the new car, the entire package and make their husbands work several jobs to support that. Maybe it's different while a man and woman are standing inside a Wardhouse or Temple. But in day to day life, in the real world I see no more gender bias in LDS marriages than I do in the general population. I see how the good and the bad of the LDS church affects both sexes equally.

People keep talking about Susan's love for her church and Josh's opposing feelings about it causing problems in their marriage. I wouldn't doubt that. Couples of all faiths, races and sexual orientation break up all the time because one person is at a different place in the relationship than the other person is. I don't get why this always has to be brought back to the religion thing.

BLM land is federal land and there are 29 million acres of it in Utah and 5 million acres of it leased. That leaves 24 million acres you don't have to ask to go on.

There is more BLM land that is restricted than just the leased properties. And unless I'm a mind reader, which of the 5 out of 29 million acres would I know is currently being leased? The leases change all the time. I have no need to want to wander around and get confronted by an angry ranch hand again. Come to think of it, maybe that's a good reason to check in with LE before going out willy nilly?

From the song stylings of Steve Chantrey/SP...

I Said, I Love You

snipped

I said, "I love you." Is that a crime?
And what if I say it to you one more time?
I love you, so put me in jail.
I said, "I love you." I couldn't help it.
And you were mistaken if you thought I'd shelf it.
I love you, so cough up my bail.

is this a love song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members