UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh was sure to have known friends/LE were looking for him before he finally answered his cell phone. Whoever was trying to reach him would certainly have left a voicemail message and probably tried texting him as well. Surely he was aware people were looking for him and he was just avoiding answering his cell or keeping it turned off. It would surprise me if he didn’t check his messages every so often to get a feel of what was going on. Which would make the delay even more than 2 hours. Probably a combination of travel time and then his reluctance to face the music.
I have no link readily available, perhaps someone does. IIRC, someone, somewhere, said he Hung Up On A Call From LE. Was this rumor? I can believe it, tho. I believe LE called him, surely they must have. Perhaps he simply did not answer, but I recall the phrase "hungup" from???

Whew...finally am caught up! :crazy:

I'd be curious to know if the reason why Josh's sister and Mom live in Utah, but the boys (SP's sons) all now live with SP? Could it be because SP didn't think much of "women" and so he didn't care if his ex-wife took Josh's sister with her to Utah? :waitasec:

At the time of the divorce when Steven was granted custody of the children, Jenny was the oldest child at the time and being 18 years old, she had every right to decide who she wanted to live with, and she couldn't get away from Steven fast enough. She lived with her mother because she very much wanted to. Josh was the next oldest and was 16 1/2 at the time.

Plus, there is another sister, Alina, age 24 or so. She lives with Steve also, but she'd have been too young to decide and young enough to mold.

I am wondering if she came down to Utah to help Michael and Josh with the move?

I also wanted to clarify two other things...Josh is barely 6 feet tall or not even that tall.

And also, Jovonna did indeed see Josh leave the house, lock up, and drive away to go sledding on Sunday. She was leaving the house at the exact same time to go home.

Thank you. I totally agree. It would be naive to judge a church or any other organization of 12 million people on the actions of 20. I don't know anyone who thinks this guy is innocent. He makes everyone's blood boil that I know of.

If I may add another perspective to this? This has been on my mind for the past few days now. I was a little bothered by the negative thoughts that were extended to the people who showed up to help Josh pack up and move.

I was reminded of a friend of mine who has a very irresponsible ex-DIL. Theres a long laundry list of problems that I will spare you the details about, but the bottom line is this. My friend tells me, in spite of what a horrible and selfish mother her grandkids have and how little she does for them, or takes care of them, she would never ever stop doing everything she can for her grandkids. Bottom line, they are still her grandkids and her irresponsible exDIL would never stop her from doing what is right, in spite of the exDIL not appreciating one iota of everything she's done and continues to do for them.

Has anyone considered that the people who showed up to help move felt they were doing so to honor Susan or her sons (in spite of their inability to understand)? Afterall, they are minors - they didn't ask for this to happen. Susan helped pay for the clothes her kids wear, the furniture in their rooms (and the rest of the house), their toys, their other belongings and so on. Their life is in enough turmoil right now as it is.

Would it really benefit them to be stuck there for an unspecified amount of time, waiting for daddy to pack everything up with their uncle and finally get them out of there? They are a delicate part of this equation. Any desire to 'stick it to Josh' or 'make Josh suffer' is going to affect them horribly, like it or not. Was there really any harm in having 20 additional people there at that time?

Plus, there is another sister, Alina, age 24 or so. She lives with Steve also, but she'd have been too young to decide and young enough to mold.
I am wondering if she came down to Utah to help Michael and Josh with the move?

(BBM)
I agree. She was the youngest and raised by him alone the longest. She and the others have all been molded and raised by the master manipulator himself.

Alina did indeed come down with Michael the 2nd week and then went back to WA when Josh left the first time. I think they were both here about a week. So Alina was not there to help Josh move but she was there the 2nd week. Michael was the only one here to help him with the move.

I agree. She was the youngest and raised by him alone the longest. She and the others have all been molded and raised by the master manipulator himself.

Alina did indeed come down with Michael the 2nd week and then went back to WA when Josh left the first time. I think they were both here about a week. So Alina was not there to help Josh move but she was there the 2nd week. Michael was the only one here to help him with the move.

Was Alina there on Sunday 1/10 in the evening?

Thanks OK. I think LE can figure out generally where he was when he answered that phone call. But if he was still two hours from home, he had been gone so long that it wouldn't narrow down where to look for Susan. :(

BUT, it may help to know if he was E, W, N, S of West Valley.

I may have missed this, but I mentioned a couple of days ago the possibility that Susan or Josh had shared with someone where they really did go camping at some (normal) time. Does anyone know if they did? It's quite possible that Josh took her to a familiar location.

This was just given to me by a very reliable source.

In the spring and summer of 2009 Josh and Susan and the family camped at least 4 times. They went to the pony express trail, to an open area near the dugway geode beds and Dinosaur National Monument.

It looks like MP received the messages some people left for him on his Obama webpage. I started a thread regarding Susan on the page while MP was in Utah helping JP move. As the originator of the thread I received an email alert every time someone added a post to it. My hope was that MP would also receive alerts since the thread was on his page. Although the page had been inactive for quite some time I thought MP would find out as soon as he had a chance to check his email.

He must have checked his email when he got back home because he has removed most of the webpage citing a “Pest Problem”. Here is a link to what’s left of it.

Was Alina there on Sunday 1/10 in the evening?

I was only there on Saturday morning for a few hours. The only other Powell I saw and met was Michael. I do not believe Alina was there at all that weekend. Josh and Michael both mentioned that Alina has kind of taken on the role of "mothering" the boys and helping to take care of them a lot, especially in Josh's absence when he is in Utah. He implied that she was watching the boys in his absence.

I also wanted to clarify two other things...Josh is barely 6 feet tall or not even that tall.

And also, Jovonna did indeed see Josh leave the house, lock up, and drive away to go sledding on Sunday. She was leaving the house at the exact same time to go home.
Heavens to Betsy ! I have never read that she was leaving just as he went with the boys to go sledding ! Thank you so much for clarifying this imporatant point ! I pray Susan was napping peacefully when they went out. You are a blessing OK and3JS. :)

It looks like MP received the messages some people left for him on his Obama webpage. I started a thread regarding Susan on the page while MP was in Utah helping JP move. As the originator of the thread I received an email alert every time someone added a post to it. My hope was that MP would also receive alerts since the thread was on his page. Although the page had been inactive for quite some time I thought MP would find out as soon as he had a chance to check his email.

He must have checked his email when he got back home because he has removed most of the webpage citing a “Pest Problem”. Here is a link to what’s left of it.

Yeah those dang people that want to know where Susan is. LOL

Heavens to Betsy ! I have never read that she was leaving just as he went with the boys to go sledding ! Thank you so much for clarifying this imporatant point ! I pray Susan was napping peacefully when they went out. You are a blessing OK and3JS. :)

(BBM and off topic...but...)
Have you ever read the Betsy Tacy series by Maud Hart Lovelace? ;) That is one of the titles of her books. Love that series!

I think it had to be someone very close to Josh and not Susan. She showed the contempt to the media and felt comfortable doing it walking into his house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back