UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Washington State is currently the only state without an operational statute for grandparent visitation. The Washington statute is still on the books, but it was found unconstitutional by the Washington Supreme Court in 2005. Efforts to pass statutes governing grandparent visitation failed in 2006.

It was the Washington State's visitation law that the U.S. Supreme Court struck down as "breathtakingly broad" in the 2000 landmark case of Troxel v. Granville, casting doubt on the visitation laws of almost every state. In Washington State, the law was amended, but found unconstitutional by the Washington Supreme Court in 2005 in the case "In re Parentage of C.A.M.A." The court stated that the statute "unconstitutionally infringes on a fit parent's right to control visitation."

http://grandparents.about.com/od/grandparentsrights/qt/Grandparent_Rights_in_Washington.htm

In 2000, Washington States visitation laws were dismantled by the U.S. Supreme Court decision in Troxel vs. Granville when it ruled our laws "breathtakingly broad" and dictated that those laws unconstitutionally interfered with fundamental parental rights.

This has caused much confusion in our state courts; and visitation rights for any 3rd party, including grandparents, have been in flux ever since.

Not until our state legislators take action and pass a constitutionally written law is it likely that our courts will resolve this issue. Until then attorneys are reluctant to take a visitation case. Washington State is currently the only state that does not offer grandparents legal recourse to petition for visitation other than as a part of a current dissolution, separation or parenting plan.

http://www.grandparentsrightsofwashingtonstate.org/

The arguments against grandparent visitation rights are:

•That the state has no business interfering with the child-rearing decisions of competent parents, even if the parent determines that grandparent visitation will not be permitted.

•Some grandparents are excluded from their grandchildren's lives for good cause - for example, because they were abusive to their own children and cannot be trusted with the grandchildren. Some grandparents interfere with ordinary parental decision-making, or badmouth one or both parents to the grandchildren, creating unnecessary conflict.

•Where conflict exists between parents and grandparents, even if the parents are being unreasonable, court interference can destabilize the home environment of the grandchildren.

http://www.expertlaw.com/library/child_custody/grandparents_rights.html

(u/bbm) Emphases or key words being "fit," and "competent"...!! Or how about even safe... or sane!! :banghead:

:parrot:

Thanks, Kiki, for the detail and clarification.

(snip) Oh composing the lyrics was easy (*"Eureka! I'm a songwriter...") I just chanelled SP (still humming "Mi Muniquita") yet try as we may I'm sure nothing could compare to the unique matchless sounds of Joshy Boy sung by daddy himself. :sick: From website,

:hand: :scream:
notlistening-1.gif

o m g.... those poor boys! :shakehead: trapped in that home for weeks on end w nothing to do but be forced to listen to Grandpa "Sing Softly Wood" in his makeshift studio for hours on end....
smile_207.gif

smiley_emoticons_seb_singing.gif
Smiley_listening-to-music.gif

The injustice--gross insult added to grievous injury--of denying Coxes visitation at their own home because both these guys are such ultra CONTROL FREAKS... and so "entitled" they don't think twice about twisting the knife--even now.

Hoping and praying Coxes can get some sort of emergency order permitting their visitation at a neutral location or through mediation or something. :prayer: This is beyond bearable it's multiplying and compounding the injustice against these innocent children and parents IMO.

http://chantrey.polishedmarketing.com/Pages/About/SingerSongwriter.aspx

Oh yes, can we give thrice thanks for one post???

Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday....dear Braden.
Then {all} sing softly, wood....

Powellspeak:

First it was Josh, then for sure from SP. Now there is truth in fact that entire family (at least males speaks same) While play/swing set was discussed previously, what was not discussed in Michael's/Mike Powell's demeanor. It is ALL the same....

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_14137241?source=most_viewed

Michael Powell told Peterson to call Joshua Powell - who is in Utah but apparently wasn't home at the time of Peterson's visit - to get permission to remove the playground set. Peterson told Michael Powell that his brother won't take his phone calls.

"I said, this playground was for Susan and the kids and for their enjoyment. I said, she's not here anymore and you guys don't appear to be looking for her. So just in case you haven't noticed, Susan's gone," Peterson said of his conversation with Michael Powell.

"He just sat there and stared at me. He's acting just as quiet as his brother."

Powellspeak:

First it was Josh, then for sure from SP. Now there is truth in fact that entire family (at least males speaks same) While play/swing set was discussed previously, what was not discussed in Michael's/Mike Powell's demeanor. It is ALL the same....

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_14137241?source=most_viewed

Michael Powell told Peterson to call Joshua Powell - who is in Utah but apparently wasn't home at the time of Peterson's visit - to get permission to remove the playground set. Peterson told Michael Powell that his brother won't take his phone calls.

"I said, this playground was for Susan and the kids and for their enjoyment. I said, she's not here anymore and you guys don't appear to be looking for her. So just in case you haven't noticed, Susan's gone," Peterson said of his conversation with Michael Powell.

"He just sat there and stared at me. He's acting just as quiet as his brother."

They are freaks period.

IMO

They are freaks period.

IMO

I understand rallying behind family, but covering for murder?
Not MY family, or any other family than I know.
Maybe it's just me? Don't really think so

Up to the murderer then, and then their family to talk them into confessing.
Not shusshing up for them. IOW point blank looks. You would not do that unless you also know too. :slap::bang::liar::doh:

We sure get great mileage out of SingSoftlyWood. It is my favorite new word.

btw, I agree with OK5's explanation of the susan powell site being messed up by a troll.
The page was fine as far as the members go (went) and there were over 6K. They were VERY supportive of anything Susan, and many had been out searching themselves.

Anyways, there are now about 5+ Susan Powell sites.

We sure get great mileage out of SingSoftlyWood. It is my favorite new word.

btw, I agree with OK5's explanation of the susan powell site being messed up by a troll.
The page was fine as far as the members go (went) and there were over 6K. They were VERY supportive of anything Susan, and many had been out searching themselves.

Anyways, there are now about 5+ Susan Powell sites.

Good to know Amanda--will look. Any for Josh? lol :snooty:
:furious:

Not that I have seen. His friend Wayne posts on one, but he is objective, has not tried to sway, just says his side of it all.

He wants to believe in Josh, but even he says whoever did this should pay.

Oh, and I don't believe for one minute that Josh hasn't been online. That is just stupid.

There was not any ONE song that stuck out to me as being the worst by the now infamous Steve Chantry. They were all equally awful IMO. But all this mention of Sing Softly Wood makes me curious to hear that one again so I can see why that is the most awful. Haha! Off to listen now, and I am sure I will regret it. :crazy:

Okay yeah...I regret it. Ouch. My poor ears. Sing Softly Wood is pretty bad... :headache: :sheesh:

I don't remember it, really, and can't bring myself to go back to hear any more of his bucket voice. The entendre about wood kills me. You don't have to hear the song to get it. Pheh.

There was not any ONE song that stuck out to me as being the worst by the now infamous Steve Chantry. They were all equally awful IMO. But all this mention of Sing Softly Wood makes me curious to hear that one again so I can see why that is the most awful. Haha! Off to listen now, and I am sure I will regret it. :crazy:

Honestly OK, I think the words of all songs are "dance for me" is the most disturbing of all.
That, and I waited ALL day long for you to show up....lol
Who just wants to lay back and let luvah/non-luvah dance for you...? :waitasec:
and then....show up/not!

Several songs about "dance for me," huh? he can't even get'em to show at house or restaurant!
Even if some unsuspecting women dare show, then after lunch--he say's "Let's go to my house." And then he sings......

Lemon,

That whole last post from you was pretty good. :dance::woohoo:

I agree though. If you want to talk about lyrics, all of them are disturbing. The dance song specifically...yes... :sick:

Your co-dependent eyes.
Haunt me in my dreams.
The depths of spirit
I long to touch and know.
Promise me. Promise me.
I will follow you. Forever.

Now I have made a mistake.
Your eyes are too intense.
And now I see.
I will fix myself and hope .
then I can fix you, too.

Oh, never mind.
I can't fix myself.
I have fallen too much.
I'll just fix you.

MOO

Washington State is currently the only state without an operational statute for grandparent visitation. The Washington statute is still on the books, but it was found unconstitutional by the Washington Supreme Court in 2005. Efforts to pass statutes governing grandparent visitation failed in 2006.

It was the Washington State's visitation law that the U.S. Supreme Court struck down as "breathtakingly broad" in the 2000 landmark case of Troxel v. Granville, casting doubt on the visitation laws of almost every state. In Washington State, the law was amended, but found unconstitutional by the Washington Supreme Court in 2005 in the case "In re Parentage of C.A.M.A." The court stated that the statute "unconstitutionally infringes on a fit parent's right to control visitation."

http://grandparents.about.com/od/grandparentsrights/qt/Grandparent_Rights_in_Washington.htm

In 2000, Washington States visitation laws were dismantled by the U.S. Supreme Court decision in Troxel vs. Granville when it ruled our laws "breathtakingly broad" and dictated that those laws unconstitutionally interfered with fundamental parental rights.

This has caused much confusion in our state courts; and visitation rights for any 3rd party, including grandparents, have been in flux ever since.

Not until our state legislators take action and pass a constitutionally written law is it likely that our courts will resolve this issue. Until then attorneys are reluctant to take a visitation case. Washington State is currently the only state that does not offer grandparents legal recourse to petition for visitation other than as a part of a current dissolution, separation or parenting plan.

http://www.grandparentsrightsofwashingtonstate.org/

The arguments against grandparent visitation rights are:

•That the state has no business interfering with the child-rearing decisions of competent parents, even if the parent determines that grandparent visitation will not be permitted.

•Some grandparents are excluded from their grandchildren's lives for good cause - for example, because they were abusive to their own children and cannot be trusted with the grandchildren. Some grandparents interfere with ordinary parental decision-making, or badmouth one or both parents to the grandchildren, creating unnecessary conflict.

•Where conflict exists between parents and grandparents, even if the parents are being unreasonable, court interference can destabilize the home environment of the grandchildren.

http://www.expertlaw.com/library/child_custody/grandparents_rights.html

(u/bbm) Emphases or key words being "fit," and "competent"...!! Or how about even safe... or sane!! :banghead:

Excellent post and information. Thank You, kiki. I will share this with my friend who isn't being allowed to see her grandchildren hardly at all. Your post made me understand the situation better.

For some reason, I keep hearing it to the music of Achy Breaky Heart, by Billy Ray Cyrus. The combination makes me want to drive a rusty railroad spike through my left ear.

For some reason, I keep hearing it to the music of Achy Breaky Heart, by Billy Ray Cyrus. The combination makes me want to drive a rusty railroad spike through my left ear.

heh, heh Watch yer ears, please !
I keep hearing Speak Softly, Love from the Godfather, and I find it disturbingly appropriate???
I looked up Chantry and it means a place that is paid for, in a church, to sing songs for the person who paid for it after they die, or to sing for another person who has died.
Weird, is this SC site full of JPs side thoughts? Well if so they came from pops IMO. Susan's boys need to get out and be with the family, all of the family.

heh, heh Watch yer ears, please !
I keep hearing Speak Softly, Love from the Godfather, and I find it disturbingly appropriate???
I looked up Chantry and it means a place that is paid for, in a church, to sing songs for the person who paid for it after they die, or to sing for another person who has died.
Weird, is this SC site full of JPs side thoughts? Well if so they came from pops IMO. Susan's boys need to get out and be with the family, all of the family.

Chantry also refers to a patch of woodland usually coppiced, which was gifted to the church by a landowner to pay for the prayers and chanting in the church for his soul after death.

For centuries many wooded areas of England were managed through coppicing, cutting back the trees on a 5 to 7 year cycle to provide wood for sticks, staves, hurdles, handles for tools, and a myriad of other uses. With the introduction of plastics and use of metals the need for wood has dropped off dramatically, and most coppices have fallen into disuse, but you can still spot a coppice from the type of tree growth.

Many areas of woodland in the SE of England especially still carry the name Chantry, signifying that they had been gifted to a church for this purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back