VA- 6-YEAR-OLD is in custody after shooting teacher

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

"Newport News Police, school, and city officials are set to host a press conference Monday afternoon regarding the shooting."

"Chief of Police Steve Drew, Superintendent of Schools Dr. George Parker III, and Mayor Phillip Jones will join the press conference at 4 p.m. to answer questions."

"Newport News Police, school, and city officials are set to host a press conference Monday afternoon regarding the shooting."

"Chief of Police Steve Drew, Superintendent of Schools Dr. George Parker III, and Mayor Phillip Jones will join the press conference at 4 p.m. to answer questions."
Looking forward to hearing what they have to share with the public.
Someone most certainly needs to be held accountable for this child having access to a loaded weapon.

Looking forward to hearing what they have to share with the public.
Someone most certainly needs to be held accountable for this child having access to a loaded weapon.

I am hoping for more information also. But, according to the article posted, it does not appear that there will be any DA or such present at this press conference.

So, does that mean no charges have been filed? Curious..

"Chief of Police Steve Drew, Superintendent of Schools Dr. George Parker III, and Mayor Phillip Jones will be speaking and available for questions.

The press conference will be held at 4 p.m. in the auditorium at Newport News Public Schools Administration Building, at 12465 Warwick Blvd.

We are currently working on arrangements to live-stream the press conference. That information will be released as soon as it is available."

Am I the only one that finds it incredibly odd that charges haven't been filed against anyone yet?
I'm trying to reason it out and that doesn't really make sense to me.

I mean, he's 6.
It's not like he's an experienced criminal mastermind that can outsmart LE about where he procured his weapon.

I am hoping for more information also. But, according to the article posted, it does not appear that there will be any DA or such present at this press conference.

So, does that mean no charges have been filed? Curious..
I suppose the only one to attend that can answer about charges would be the chief.
The super will assure families they're all safe and cared for and the mayor will basically do the same thing, plus denounce violence, etc.
If no charges, I can't even imagine why the CoP will be there unless it's to assure the public they're working hard on this investigation, etc.

Still, in all honesty, how hard is it to figure out where a 6 year old child obtained a loaded gun?

I personally am still struggling with just how, as a parent..you would describe or attempt to explain what the classmates of this six year old saw! Their teacher...beloved by all I'm sure ...was just gut shot in front of them. By a classmate!!! Where do you even start the explanation?
Those poor poor babies, and their parents.

Trust?
Security?
Safe Environment?

All out the window now..
It's mind boggling

I personally am still struggling with just how, as a parent..you would describe or attempt to explain what the classmates of this six year old saw! Their teacher...beloved by all I'm sure ...was just gut shot in front of them. By a classmate!!! Where do you even start the explanation?
Those poor poor babies, and their parents.

Trust?
Security?
Safe Environment?

All out the window now..
It's mind boggling
From what I've read there are trauma counsellors available to speak with the kids and parents after things like this happen, that help them understand what happened, and how to process that. That's a huge thing to process for a first grader, no doubt.

Still, in all honesty, how hard is it to figure out where a 6 year old child obtained a loaded gun?

RSBM:

There is an old saying from somewhere..." Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining"..
I am sure, the schools parents and community are well aware of the difference. They want answers also.

I would rather a 6-year-old not have to live with the stigma, trauma, and guilt because someone gave him access to a gun. The gun owner is the one who should live with the guilt. A 6-year-old doesn't even fully separate fantasy from reality yet.

Has anyone found a link for the press conference? Is it still scheduled for 4:00PM (Eastern)?

Maybe the presser will be here: At 4: Press conference on Newport News elementary school shooting

From the link upthread (updated)​

UPDATE 4: Press Conference Regarding Shooting at Richneck Elementary School​

Updated January 9, 2023, 1:35 p.m.

This afternoon’s press conference will be live-streamed to the following pages:

https://www.youtube.com/c/nnpstelecom

"Powerful little apology letter". Like, writing an apology for shooting someone makes it all go away?
I absolutely believe that a person can experience regret and be sorry immediately after discharging a weapon. Nothing can make something " go away," but that is not the purpose of an apology, which is meant to communicate sincere regret for harm caused to the other person. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Eric