VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if anyone has asked. What exactly does RealFolarin mean? I can't make any sense of it.

It appears to be related to the Wale singer/rapper? that she adores.

Wale is bringing you the real "Folarin" on this brand new mixtape fresh off the presses. Read more to hear how Wale is holding it down for the DMV and comment below to hit us with your thoughts. Also make sure you follow Mr. Folarin on Twitter: @WALE

from link: http://topshelf-dmv.blogspot.com/2012_12_01_archive.html

Good morning, all. I was thinking of something last night. I originally thought that perhaps Alexis NEVER intended to head out to Lynchburg at all. I thought maybe she had told her family that she was school shopping just to get out of the house. But, I thought of something. Now that we know that this school shopping was for extensions for school pics later in the week, she must have intended to go to Lynchburg. She would have been expected to return home with extensions, I would think. I don't personally have extensions, but my understanding from other African American females who do, if you want the "good stuff" you don't buy it off of rack at a beauty store like Sally's. I know of at least 3 stores in Lynchburg that sell extensions off of the rack. But, if she purchased it in that way she could have just gone to the Sally's at Rio Hill Shopping center which is across the street from Kids to Kids. It is also my understanding that if you but it like that, you'd better call first or have them order enough of the same hair for you. Alexis wore a LOT of hair (in volume) from what pics and vids show. She wore it long and thick. If she had it special ordered from some other source and was going to get it from Lynchburg OR had ordered some from one of the other stores, I wonder if she ever got that far? Could be that she actually made it to Lynchburg. Being that she was used to getting her hair weaves, she would know that you usually don't just walk into a store to get what you need without making arrangements for it prior to pick up. In July 2013, our laws changed making it a primary offense to text while driving. Knowing that she was an active phone communicator, perhaps her family insisted that she focus on the road while driving. Maybe she got to Lynchburg, got the hair, and whatever happened on her return trip or after returning. Of course I'm sure LE has contacted people in the 'burg to see if she made it there at all. I guess my point is, I do believe she really did have the intensional of going to Lynchburg and wasn't trying to deceive her family about that part.

Good morning, all. I was thinking of something last night. I originally thought that perhaps Alexis NEVER intended to head out to Lynchburg at all. I thought maybe she had told her family that she was school shopping just to get out of the house. But, I thought of something. Now that we know that this school shopping was for extensions for school pics later in the week, she must have intended to go to Lynchburg. She would have been expected to return home with extensions, I would think. I don't personally have extensions, but my understanding from other African American females who do, if you want the "good stuff" you don't buy it off of rack at a beauty store like Sally's. I know of at least 3 stores in Lynchburg that sell extensions off of the rack. But, if she purchased it in that way she could have just gone to the Sally's at Rio Hill Shopping center which is across the street from Kids to Kids. It is also my understanding that if you but it like that, you'd better call first or have them order enough of the same hair for you. Alexis wore a LOT of hair (in volume) from what pics and vids show. She wore it long and thick. If she had it special ordered from some other source and was going to get it from Lynchburg OR had ordered some from one of the other stores, I wonder if she ever got that far? Could be that she actually made it to Lynchburg. Being that she was used to getting her hair weaves, she would know that you usually don't just walk into a store to get what you need without making arrangements for it prior to pick up. In July 2013, our laws changed making it a primary offense to text while driving. Knowing that she was an active phone communicator, perhaps her family insisted that she focus on the road while driving. Maybe she got to Lynchburg, got the hair, and whatever happened on her return trip or after returning. Of course I'm sure LE has contacted people in the 'burg to see if she made it there at all. I guess my point is, I do believe she really did have the intensional of going to Lynchburg and wasn't trying to deceive her family about that part.

I just think if she took a break from the phone to drive, the minute she parked that phone would have been in use immediately. Great thoughts but I still think something happened at or near that Liberty gas station.

I might be stuck on that gas station though...that and the surrounding area...:banghead:

MOO

I just think if she took a break from the phone to drive, the minute she parked that phone would have been in use immediately. Great thoughts but I still think something happened at or near that Liberty gas station.

The scenerio that played out in my head as I lay in bed last night, trying to go to sleep is this:

Suppose someone did meet up with Alexis at Liberty, accidental or planned, and Alexis started to get that gut feeling that something isn't right. Suppose, she being the smart kid she is, her survival mode kicks in and she suggest they go to C'ville instead of L'burg, knowing if she got to the Carmike and parked her car, it would be found by her family. Suppose she parked her car there as a clue to her disappearance, and the perp never even knew she was parking so close to her grandmother. Suppose she parked there hoping to get away and knowing if she did, she'd be able to get to her grandmother's apartment. I don't think it's coincidence that her car was found there. I may be wrong, but I think Alexis parked the car there.

The theory that she had a run-in with some bad guy holds weight with me. But I haven't seen any good explanation for how her vehicle ended up parked by grandma's apartment complex nor how a scent (presumably hers) was picked up from her car and stopped in the apartment complex parking lot area. So I'll tell you what I think. I believe she had some reason to go see grandma. Maybe she didn't quite have enough money for the hair extensions. Maybe she just stopped by after deciding to buy hair extensions in Charlottesville. Then she parked her car in that lot and walked toward grandma's place and was attacked. Someone got her into a vehicle and took her somewhere. I think there might be a killer living in that complex.

Dear Nurse...Do you know if the thumbtack on the map for her car is where it was found? Because I decided that the 20 yards comment probably meant that the actual location of the car was in the parking lot south of the theater. It's still the theater's parking lot. But it's much closer to the apartments. But I haven't seen any MSM information to pinpoint exactly where her car was.

sorry just saw this: I put the thumbtack in the general area of the parking lot because we don't know anything more specific. The article did say that the camera from the ACAC gym is pointed at the parking lot if that helps? (link is on the map)

The theory that she had a run-in with some bad guy holds weight with me. But I haven't seen any good explanation for how her vehicle ended up parked by grandma's apartment complex nor how a scent (presumably hers) was picked up from her car and stopped in the apartment complex parking lot area. So I'll tell you what I think. I believe she had some reason to go see grandma. Maybe she didn't quite have enough money for the hair extensions. Maybe she just stopped by after deciding to buy hair extensions in Charlottesville. Then she parked her car in that lot and walked toward grandma's place and was attacked. Someone got her into a vehicle and took her somewhere. I think there might be a killer living in that complex.

That theory would tie several loose ends together.

According to this article they are researching an area near the gas station for the cell phone. ""ABC 13 is also learning new information about FBI agents looking for Alexis' cellphone at a house off of Cannery Loop, which is only a few miles north of that Liberty Gas Station in Lovingston.

Willis Little is the property owner and says that house was searched earlier on in week. He says FBI agents told him they had reason to believe the cell phone of Alexis Murphy may have been in that area since that piece of property is right off Route 29. Little says that it's his understanding that nothing was found on his property."

Are there any RSO on Canary Loop or in that area?

http://www.wset.com/story/23085986/...alexis-murphy-fbi-searches-home-for-cellphone

http://goo.gl/maps/E0W3I general area added to the map

But why park it there instead of in front of the grandmas apt? Im sure they even have visitor spaces. Do we know the exact apt of the grandma or if this lot is used as overflow parking? It is strange that theres a path to the parking lot. I do think she parked the car there.

I just remembered the path leads to Arden apts and not the grandmas apts, right?

But, the thing is. Do we know if didn't use her phone at all at the gas station? I've never heard anything about the exact moment she stopped using her phone. Just because she didn't call/test post or anything doesn't mean she didn't use it - she could have just checked what she needed to check on it but never posted anything on twitter or Facebook or anything. She could have just easily messaged some people back on KIK. I guess what I'm trying to say is just because she didn't post anything, text, or call anyone doesn't mean she didn't use it.. she could have easily been private messaging people. Not trying to be rude :blushing:

With the possible location of her phone being close to Liberty and her car being farther up in C-ville, I am starting to think it is a coincidence that her car is parked so close to where her family lives. I think the perp chose that spot because it is the farthest back from the business and in a dark area per an article. I also think they are familiar with that area from the movie theater and possible even the path to the apartments.

But why park it there instead of in front of the grandmas apt? Im sure they even have visitor spaces. Do we know the exact apt of the grandma or if this lot is used as overflow parking? It is strange that theres a path to the parking lot. I do think she parked the car there.

I just remembered the path leads to Arden apts and not the grandmas apts, right?

Rio Hill Apartments is a gated community. So that might be a factor.

Hello you guys.

Im new so take it easy on me. I am from an small town in VA but then moved to TEXAS. I found this site while doing my own little investigation. I'm in Nursing school but i've always wanted to be an investigator so when things like this happen I look up everything I possibly can and do my own investigation because you never know what you can find right, anyways enough of me. So I know this might not be anything at all but I still thought this was interesting. This is an article from a few years back about a body found at the Cannery Loop..

So glad I found this site. You guys are awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member