VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - **ARREST** - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason I wrote it down for Wed. , 8-14-13.....

did they move the date?... or did I write it incorrectly?

:TIA... :seeya:

Juvenile & Domestic Relations Court... not sure what this is about.

No, he is an adult. It is transferred when the defendant is charged as a juvi. jmo

This is likely the case, I was just throwing it out there as one other way he may have had a connection if the drug use were true. Like I said its unlikely and so is this scenario but I tend to try and think of other angles.

Moo and all that...

From experience I,have seen many "lovely" girls wracked with body dysmorphic disorder...

I tend to think the media's constant adoration of people who are thin is part of the,cause...

but I saw,it run rampant at the end of HS and it went up a notch in college...

Obstacles include people who do not want to recognize it... Saying,"Oh... But she has no need to worry!..etc."

I am not saying Alexis is haunted by this disorder... But I feel it needs to be accepted as a true disorder... And not labeled in a negative light...nor pushed under the rug....

Hope this makes sense....

I can't believe Sheetz is the name of a gas station chain. FYI: there is a missing woman whose last known whereabouts was a Sheetz station, and it looks like RAT was arrested after leaving a Sheetz station during the investigation of the Clarke case. They must have Sheetz on every corner.

I can't believe Sheetz is the name of a gas station chain. FYI: there is a missing woman whose last known whereabouts was a Sheetz station, and it looks like RAT was arrested after leaving a Sheetz station during the investigation of the Clarke case. They must have Sheetz on every corner.

I'd hate to know what you think about Wawa LOL

Whomever named it didn't give a sheetz that's for sure.

Didn't the RT. 29 stalker have a truck with painted stripes also according to a flier someone else just posted. He didn't paint it camo back then but it shows a pattern. JMO.

Yes Late Model Nissan Pickup,Dark color possibly black,black stripes on the side,
chrome bumpers and wheels

Charges may begin in JDR Court if Alexis is a minor. If the case goes forward, as a murder if that is what happens, it will eventually go to Circuit. It may bypass General District at that stage. Right now, it is just an abduction charge, so he will get a Court appointed attorney, assuming he cannot hire an attorney, and things will proceed as an abduction.

Of course, more will be going on, and if Alexis is found, that will depend on how she is found. Alive or not alive. If she is not found for some time, it may go to a Grand Jury to see if murder charges can be brought without finding her.

If found alive, it may stay in JDR as an abduction and any type of assault.

It involves a minor though.

azemu6e5.jpg

Have just caught up, and I noticed that this guy might even be linked to 4 other cases involving missing girls, even MOrgan Harrington which is the case that got me onto Websleuths. scary stuff.......in a way I hope so, then they have stopped a serial who would do it again!

No wonder the FBI were so involved.

I really hope he has these girls captive somewhere, but I seriously doubt it unfortunately.

I have to also say.............dang this guy is exactly the same age as me (48 in Oct???)....and whoa I hope that isn't the normal aging of a 48 year old or I'm in for a facelift.

Sheetz is da bomb!

Are they stil out there searching or pretty much done?

It's not easy to see down that driveway and with LE parked at the entrance sending a clear "keep it moving, ya rubbernecker" vibe, it's hard to say what's going on. Now that everyone knows where the place is, I imagine they gotta stay there until they're done to keep curious locals from contaminating the scene.

Clarify: if you've seen the pictures, you've seen what anyone driving by can see. The overgrown trees block the view past that basic entrance. The only thing that struck me was the fact that the path looked really beaten/tore up, like 100 cars had driven over it.

No, he is an adult. It is transferred when the defendant is charged as a juvi. jmo

Not correct. Any case involving a juvenile starts out in the juvi court. Doesn't matter which person is juvi.

(former court employee here)

Long time WS reader but just registered today. While following this case I can't help but think of The Colonial Parkway murders/disappearances from 1986-1989. (8) murders/missing, long speculated that the predator was posing as LE.
These crimes were committed in Yorktown/Williamsburg, Smithfield, also a rest stop in New Kent County off I-64. All within approx. 2 hours of Charlottesville.

It would be so amazing if that case could be solved from this arrest.

I believe they have DNA on the Morgan Harrington killer, and it's linked to a black man from northern Virginia/DC area.

Also, you can tell race by the DNA so I would take Morgan out of the list.

Gosh, if she isn't to be found right there where LE set up to search, she could be anywhere. I doubt they had a tail on him as early as that first night.

Murphy Family Says They Recognize Abduction Suspect and Truck
Posted: Aug 12, 2013 5:51 PM EST Updated: Aug 12, 2013 7:00 PM EST

Monday, Alexis's family spoke out about Taylor - saying they do recognize him.

Trina Murphy said, "I have seen his face. The tattoo on his neck is recognizable. Definitely have seen the truck, but do I know anybody that knows him? No. Never to my knowledge even spoke to the man."

They do not believe Alexis had ever interacted with Taylor.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/23116752/murphy-family-says-they-recognize-abduction-suspect-and-truck

If Alexis' family recognize him & his truck, hopefully others will too & have seen it in the time period LE need help with & call that tip line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar