VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - **ARREST** - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, you are right! So if she had an iPhone then removal of the battery can be ruled out. And believe me, I know all about iPhone battery life. As heavy as a user as she was she would have been lucky to probably get 4 hours. And upon looking at her "selfies" on Twitter, she definitely had an iPhone.

iPhone batteries can be removed (it does void the warranty) and it isn't even that difficult if you know what you're doing. There are a billion YouTube videos showing how to do it. I pack a couple flash chargers around with me and can recharge my phone to full rather quickly with them.

Someone is saying over on Find Alexis Facebook that she bought a car at Drive away motors in Ruckersville and RAT is a mechanic there.

Thanks for thinking of the Colonial Parkway Murders victims. My sister Cathy Thomas, along with her friend Rebecca Dowski were the first two victims in the Colonial Parkway Murders. The potential connection to Randy Allen Taylor is worth a look, as are possible links to other open murder cases and disappearances in that area of Virginia, including Samantha Clarke in 2010, Morgan Harrington in 2009. Alicia Showalter Reynolds in 1996, and many others.

Bill Thomas
Brother of Cathleen Thomas
Los Angeles, CA
Mr. Thomas,
I am so sorry for the loss of your sister. I am friends with a member of the Call/Hailey family. I thought of your sister and the other victims yesterday as I drove past the location. Myself and our community will never forget these horrible crimes and continue to pray the killer will one day be apprehended.

Just my 2c on rudeness. Alexis is a good student, athlete, intelligent but still only 17. I was raised to always, always be polite to my elders and I was raised to respect their authority. I would bet money on the fact that if RAT approached her - for whatever reason - she would not have been rude. She may have felt uneasy, but not enough to be rude or agressive. That gut feeling is real, but a *I'm guessing here* well-raised, not street smart young woman from a small town would would not automatically think predator and kick him in the balls at first creepy feeling.

JMHO.

Also, I've seen comments on how creepy he looks in the mugshots, but also many have said he looks familiar. I agree, he does. Like some kind of Harry Dean Stanton type who you might see around town, reminds you of someone but you can't *quite* place.

That kind of pseudo-familiarity might be another reason she didn't initially get away from him when he approached her (if he did).

Just random thoughts, no real help.

I hope she is found soon.

AMEN!!!! BE RUDE!!! Go with your GUT!!! My mom got in a big fight (not physical just yelling) with my crazy aunt one time about this. She was telling me about how people can sometimes try to fool you by acting like they need directions, or help, or even that they are disabled etc (a la "Silence of the Lambs") but that you need to always be aware of your surroundings and always be cautious around people you don't know, especially in a vulnerable situation, like when you are alone and in the dark etc. My aunt was like, "don't tell her that! she'll never help anyone or she'll be rude to people" my mom was like "ummm it could save her life!! She is smart she should trust her instincts and always be cautious!!" Obviously if you are in a safe enviornment with lots of folks around you can be helpful, but you should be totally aware that people can try these tricks in order to hurt you.

I have to agree. And be smart, and loud, and obnoxious if need be. My daughter was nearly abducted in an attempted "carjacking" when she was in college. The ****** ran out of from behind a sign at a gas station and pushed her into the passenger seat of the car just as she was getting in and getting ready to lock her door. She kept her wits enough to toss her keys OUT the passenger door and scream bloody murder as he grabbed her by the hair and tried to choke her. She finally got away and jumped out the passenger door and do you know what this ******* did? He tried to convince people that were standing around (most of them not doing a d*** thing) that it was a domestic dispute and she had been drinking too much. Nobody did a thing to try to help her. The guy finally left, but not after saying "can I get my cigarettes from the car honey?!" to which she yelled *advertiser censored** NO! She screamed for someone to call 911 and nobody did. This was at a well lit gas station in an urban area. Just goes to show you that someone can act with force and sometimes people won't do squat. I still get so angry when I think about this and it's been almost 10 years. If she hadn't been on her toes and thrown her keys out I have no doubt that I would never have seen my daughter again. So be loud! Be rude! And fight back if it is appropriate to do so.

ETA - the perp walked away and the police were so slow to respond they could never find him.

IDK, I've seen some not gain a pound over years.... As far as being readily available.... Everything is available everywhere.

Like I said this was a theory, nothing more or less, just trying to see other angles, no matter where they go.
:twocents:
Moo and all that...

Okay, but as far as weight loss... getting the munchies after smoking a joint will not help you lose weight. I've never seen anyone that didn't want to eat when they were high. Just sayin...

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

Going back to RAT's vehicle. Someone mentioned earlier about something funny hanging down from the rear view mirror. I'm familiar with a few tow truck drivers and most that I know usually drive around with police scanners. Could that be either a police scanner hanging from the mirror, or maybe a set of flashing lights that volunteer rescue people use in their personal cars?

BBM/RSBM: That looks to be the wiring for the after market lights installed on the top of the vehicle.

Okay, but as far as weight loss... getting the munchies after smoking a joint will not help you lose weight. I've never seen anyone that didn't want to eat when they were high. Just sayin...

Some of the "best kids" at my hs smoked a lot of weed on the weekends. If she did smoke it prob had nothing to do with weight loss. Kids will be kids. Most of them grow out of it.

Also-I have no doubt it would be extremely easy for her to get it. Out in the country, there are a lot of smokers, and even growers. Plus they are near 2 college towns. Easier than getting beer, probably.

Ok, Here's some of the things that make me think Evontiz is the 29 stalker (or maybe there is more than one!)

One woman, Carmelito Shemo, who escaped the 29 stalker said Evonitz was the man who abducted her.

"Ann Ferguson Swibold of Orange said that Evonitz was the man who tried to stop her in Feb 1996 by suggesting she was having car troubles. Swibold told state police that a man in a dark sedan followed her along state route 230, a 10 mile stretch connecting US 29 in Madison County to US 15 in Orange. When she saw Evonitz photo she said she had no doubt. She was 101% certain."

Interviewed before Evonitz was confirmed as the Spotsylvania girls’ killer, Aidan Adrien Yates told state police Special Agent David A. Russillo that Evonitz was the man who followed her home from work along U.S. 29 in Culpeper in either August or September 1999.

She told police the driver was a clean-cut white man with brown hair and a neatly trimmed goatee.

Despite what is depicted in the 29 Stalker composites released to the public, many women reported the man had facial hair, some saying he may have had a mustache. One composite circulated among law enforcement officials shows a man with a goatee. Evonitz sported at least a mustache at the time, and also had a goatee at some point.

Handwritten notes found in Evonitz’s locked footlocker inside his home place him in the Lignum area of Culpeper where both Reynolds’ and McDaniel’s bodies were found. The notes also place him on the road that leads to Shenandoah National Park.
Evonitz did hang out in Orange and along 29. He also attacked and assaulted an 18 year old woman in a parking lot. So he didn't just go for young girls.

There's more. So much more actually!

In the Shenandoah killings the perp used a midshipman knot. Evonitz was in the navy.
The 29 stalker survivors described a black Nissan truck with lots of chrome. and a red coup. Evonitz had access to both cars through friends and was known to drive them. He came and went at work without signing in or out--he just made his own hours. he was missing from work for four days during the Shenandoah killings. on and on and on
all from: http://fredericksburg.com/News/Web/2007/112007/29/chapter1/index_html?page=1

Thank you.

That's not talking about Morgan's killer. That's about the 2003 Charlottesville rapist:

In 2003, after eight of his victims described their assailant as a black man, and after a composite was released–- which would later prove to look almost nothing like Washington's mugshot–- Charlottesville police began asking African American men in Charlottesville to voluntarily submit to a "buccal swab," in which a DNA sample is collected from inside the mouth.

More than 500 men eventually got swabbed, such a broad net that critics cried foul–- including one man who sued a Charlottesville detective for $15,000–- claiming it was impossible to know for sure whether the attacker was actually African American, or if he might have some other dark-skinned ancestry, such as Middle Eastern or Latino, among others.

After all, eyewitness accounts, particularly when an attack occurs in the dark, are notoriously inaccurate. In response to the accusations of racial profiling, Charlottesville Police undertook the unusual step of having the perpetrator's DNA analyzed for ancestry and making those results public: indeed, the then-still unknown attacker's DNA was 85 percent of sub-Saharan African descent–- a virtual guarantee that he appeared black.

Some of the "best kids" at my hs smoked a lot of weed on the weekends. If she did smoke it prob had nothing to do with weight loss. Kids will be kids. Most of them grow out of it.

Agreed. :thumbup:

When you're arrested in Virginia on a violent crime/felony, your DNA is automatically taken and entered into a databank.

How long ago did that law go into effect, do you know? RAT's jail time was a few years back. If he was arrested after that, then we can assume he's not related to Morgan Harrington or probably to several of the other cases we talked about. There would have been a match.

The man police think might be involved is no stranger to the law and felony charges. Taylor has been in court for about a dozen charges dating back to 2002, when he was arrested and later convicted for arson in Albemarle County.

Taylor set fire to a car in 2002. According to court records, he was found guilty of arson in February 2005. As part of a plea deal, two related charges were dropped. He was given a two-year suspended sentence but had to pay an insurance company more than $19,000. He was called back into court in June 2011 on a probation violation for not paying back the money, but his prison time was again suspended and he walked free.

Taylor has the most charges in Greene County, including petit larceny in February 2013, for which he was given a six-month sentence that was also suspended so he spent no time in jail.

http://ht.ly/nRH36

It has been mentioned several times that RAT had been seen walking up and down Rt.29. Also, the Rt. 29 Stalker had discarded items along this highway.

These seem to be complete opposites to me as RAT wanted to be seen walking but why would the Stalker want to be seen disposing items?

RAT was walking this busy highway for one reason - hoping a single woman would stop and offer him a ride. Bingo, he had his next victim! I do not know the game plan he used, but you can be sure he had one. JMO So, wonder if there are other women that LE are unaware of? OR perhaps this plan did not work out, he was desperate, he lowered his guard, and hit on AM so close to his house?

The Stalker would deposit his items after dark when it was difficult to see! JMO

It has really bugged me why a grown man would be walking that highway. It made no sense!

These are my thoughts, opinions, crazy ideas, and only mine.

The profile of Evonitz's victims indicates that he was more of a serial hebephile than a murderer of adult women. Also, his crimes in Virginia are well north of the corridor where the 29 stalker ravaged.

1. Fredericksburg, Culpeper, Madison county, Lignum, Orange, C-ville--these are all places connected by 29 and people drive back and forth through these towns all the time. I think because Virginians are used to LOTS of traffic and LONG commutes on 95 and such, we don't think much of an hour and a half drive to here or there. My whole family regularly goes to all these places antique shopping or to the Mennonite store for the best BBQ or to Barboursville ruins just to wander in the overgrown hedges or visit the vineyard. C-ville for favorite restaurants etc etc.

Evonitz killed in Frederickburg and then went on to abduct and rape a girl in South Carolina. So, he could have killed in Orange or C-ville area just as well.

2. Evonitz targeted young teens, yes. But he also was connected to an assault on an 18 year old.

http://fredericksburg.com/News/Web/2007/112007/29/chapter1/index_html?page=1

Thanks, Carbuff. That was a big error on my part and I am grateful for the correction. I had submitted a potential suspect who is now incarcerated for raping a girl in an area located between Fairfax and Charlottesville. To me he has a striking resemblance to Morgan's killer. He is El Salvadorian with a medium dark complexion. I never heard anything back so I guess the DNA did not match. So that leaves me with a question - is the perpetrator in fact of African American descent, or could he be Hispanic, or perhaps another ethnicity? I don't think the man who abducted poor Alexis was involved in Morgan's attack - I am assuming his DNA would have shown up already as a match. I do think there is an above average chance he could be tied into the Route 29/Colonial Pkwy murders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knoop