VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - **ARREST** - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How long ago did that law go into effect, do you know? RAT's jail time was a few years back. If he was arrested after that, then we can assume he's not related to Morgan Harrington or probably to several of the other cases we talked about. There would have been a match.

According to this website it went into effect in 2003:

http://www.dnasaves.org/dna_law.php

With DNA arrestee testing on the books since 2003, Virginia has received over 5,000 hits on their database, with almost 700 of these matches directly attributal to arrestees
www.dfs.virginia.gov/statistics/index.cfm

Okay, but as far as weight loss... getting the munchies after smoking a joint will not help you lose weight. I've never seen anyone that didn't want to eat when they were high. Just sayin...

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

I agree, as far as weed and weight loss I would imagine its different for everyone, it just made me nauseous and tired the few times I tried it eons ago.... Lol, on the other hand, I use to get major cravings for claussen dill pickles when I got drunk... Lol :floorlaugh:

I imagine everyone's different when it comes to its effect on them. Moo.

Just a theory... It's all good.

He has a trailer ball on that vehicle. The camper has the hitch. Never seen nor heard about the ability to tow a car with a vehicle with a trailer ball- especially a car with front wheel drive-that has to be towed with the front end off of the ground.

I asked my dad, who owned a towing company as well as DH. I would love to hear how to do this- as my trucks that pull our camper and boat both have trailer balls on the back- could save me some time waiting for roadside assistance.

http://roadmasterinc.com/products/towdolly/towdolly.html

A bit large to carry around for the average person, but that Suburban might have enough room in back. Not sure how you'd get it in and out, though. Or maybe tied to the back?

Sub-Saharan DNA article.... I know it's from 2011 but its what my search brought up.... Need to work on search skills.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/05/110524153536.htm

While the researchers detected no African genetic signatures in Northern European populations, they found a distinct presence of African ancestry in Southern European, Middle Eastern and Jewish populations. Modern southern European groups can attribute about 1 to 3 percent of their genetic signature to African ancestry, with the intermingling of populations dating back 55 generations, on average -- that is, to roughly 1,600 years ago. Middle Eastern groups have inherited about 4 to 15 percent, with the mixing of populations dating back roughly 32 generations. A diverse array of Jewish populations can date their Sub-Saharan African ancestry back roughly 72 generations, on average, accounting for 3 to 5 percent of their genetic makeup today.

http://fairfaxcity.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/can-a-family-members-dna-solve-a-fairfax-rape-and-mor84c9a34d12

Read this article relating to the 2005 near rape case tied to Morgan Harrington through DNA. The victim clearly saw the man before she was attacked. Then again when he attacked her. She then provided the sketch that shows he is a dark skinned man. Therefore, I think we can be sure that Morgan Harrington's attacker was not RAT.

No I don't think he's connected to Morgan either.If you look at that sketch clearly not caucasian.

Thanks, Carbuff. That was a big error on my part and I am grateful for the correction. I had submitted a potential suspect who is now incarcerated for raping a girl in an area located between Fairfax and Charlottesville. To me he has a striking resemblance to Morgan's killer. He is El Salvadorian with a medium dark complexion. I never heard anything back so I guess the DNA did not match. So that leaves me with a question - is the perpetrator in fact of African American descent, or could he be Hispanic, or perhaps another ethnicity? I don't think the man who abducted poor Alexis was involved in Morgan's attack - I am assuming his DNA would have shown up already as a match. I do think there is an above average chance he could be tied into the Route 29/Colonial Pkwy murders.

No problem. That paragraph is not very well written and I thought at first it meant Morgan's killer, too.

I live in a very very ethnically mixed area (greater Boston) where we get to be familiar with a wide variety of facial and body types; I have thought the sketch of the Fairfax rapist looked more like he was Iranian or Iraqi or even northern India. I don't see any reason he couldn't be Hispanic, especially considering that many Hispanics are mixed descent, with African and native blood.

Apparently RAT has a prior conviction for a violent crime, though. If that's true, then he can't be Morgan's killer because his DNA would have been in the Virginia database and would have turned up as a match before now.

The man police think might be involved is no stranger to the law and felony charges. Taylor has been in court for about a dozen charges dating back to 2002, when he was arrested and later convicted for arson in Albemarle County.

Taylor set fire to a car in 2002. According to court records, he was found guilty of arson in February 2005. As part of a plea deal, two related charges were dropped. He was given a two-year suspended sentence but had to pay an insurance company more than $19,000. He was called back into court in June 2011 on a probation violation for not paying back the money, but his prison time was again suspended and he walked free.

Taylor has the most charges in Greene County, including petit larceny in February 2013, for which he was given a six-month sentence that was also suspended so he spent no time in jail.

http://ht.ly/nRH36

I was assuming this, was implying that the earliest records you found around this area were 2002, so my food-for-thought question , where was he before this? I think it's reasonable to think that one does not simply wake up and start committing pretty serious crimes. I would assume he has a lengthy record elsewhere too, but it's figuring out where and if these charges can be viewed. Also, I have seen much speculation that this man may have some sort of drug history. I haven't seen many people who are involved with serious drugs, who make it to 48 years old with simply a possession of marijuana chage that I've seen. All of this IMO

No problem. That paragraph is not very well written and I thought at first it meant Morgan's killer, too.

Yes, that article was very poorly written. I had to dissect it into groups of a few sentences in order to understand it.

I wonder what DNA evidence, if any, they have. Surely there is something more that directly links him to her abduction. I just hope they are pointed in the direction of her location at this point. I don't think they will find AM anywhere near his property. I feel like he has gotten away with something like this several times. He abducted close to his house, as I don't think he believed LE would want to risk bringing him in again, but it doesn't sound like he would keep her there.

Another thing: Didn't his criminal record (posted in thread #2), contain a stalking charge dating back several years? That makes it clear that this isn't something he recently started doing, IMO.

I wonder what DNA evidence, if any, they have. Surely there is something more that directly links him to her abduction. I just hope they are pointed in the direction of her location at this point. I don't think they will find AM anywhere near his property. I feel like he has gotten away with something like this several times. He abducted close to his house, as I don't think he believed LE would want to risk bringing him in again, but it doesn't sound like he would keep her there.

Another thing: Didn't his criminal record (posted in thread #2), contain a stalking charge dating back several years? That makes it clear that this isn't something he recently started doing, IMO.

I agree they must have some evidence that puts Alexis with him at some point. DNA turnaround can be done in two days, as in Chelsea King's case in CA. They were able to do a DNA match over a weekend, and link underwear found on the search to both Chelsea and a felon in the system that quickly. So it can be done. I am thinking LE got a sample of Alexis' DNA very early on, ready to match up.

I also agree he is unlikely to use an area close to his home as a site to leave Alexis. My fear is that he killed her that same night and hid her body, long before LE was onto him.

I agree, as far as weed and weight loss I would imagine its different for everyone, it just made me nauseous and tired the few times I tried it eons ago.... Lol, on the other hand, I use to get major cravings for claussen dill pickles when I got drunk... Lol :floorlaugh:

I imagine everyone's different when it comes to its effect on them. Moo.

Just a theory... It's all good.
O/T... I crave a nasty fast food burger when I drink!!! Pickles would be way better for me!

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 38m
An adult store's surveillance video helped investigators track down the man they suspect abducted #AlexisMurphy. http://ht.ly/nS3rY

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet but thought I would share.

Edit: http://www.nbc29.com/story/23118650/tracking-down-abduction-suspect-randy-taylor

That just creeps me out. :(

And to answer your question about the stalking charge, yes, I seem to remember seeing it when I looked on the Virginia Court Case info site, but now I can't find it. Don't recall what county it was but I think, IIRC, the victim was a male? Anyone? My memory may not be serving me well. It's late.

How was RT linked to Murphy? Was she in the same adult store as he?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, I think there was mention about some sort of assault or stalking with RAT during the mid-1990's.
I *believe* it came from the article posted a ways back where RAT claimed he has been falsely surveilled by LE.

this was an unrelated share just put out there to inform people... but it gives a possible method for RAT getting a hold of Alexis... this is NOT from something related to her case... just info that could provide theory... read on....

A man came over and offered his services as a painter to a female who was putting gas in her car and left his card. She said no, but accepted his card out of kindness and got in the car. The man then got into a car driven by another gentleman. As the lady left the service station, she saw the men following her out of the station at the same time. Almost immediately, she started to feel dizzy and could not catch her breath. She tried to open the window and realized that the odor was on her hand; the same hand which accepted the card from the gentleman at the gas station.

She then noticed the men were immediately behind her and she felt she needed to do something at that moment. She drove into the first driveway and began to honk her horn repeatedly to ask for help. The men drove away but the lady still felt pretty bad for several minutes after she could finally catch her breath.

Apparently, there was a substance on the card that could have seriously injured her.

This drug is called 'BURUNDANGA' and it is used by people who wish to incapacitate a victim in order to steal from or take advantage of them like REPEATED GANG RAPE. This drug is four times more dangerous than the date rape drug and is transferable on simple cards.

So take heed and make sure you don't accept cards at any given time alone or from someone on the streets. This applies to those making house calls and slipping you a card when they offer their services .

PLEASE SEND THIS ALERT TO EVERY FEMALE YOU KNOW

could be something like this that caused her to not make it very far down the road from the gas station... just thinking outloud here...

How was RT linked to Murphy? Was she in the same adult store as he?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to the article Alexis was not with him in the surveillance videos as the adult store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member