VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - **ARREST** - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly for the community, probably not the family, but for the community, closure would be a gift at this point. This is just terrible.

I agree with you. She is 17 years old, she would know by now not to follow strangers, unless she new him, does anyone know if they new each other? But I suppose it doesn't matter.

Not sure if she knew him but I think it could be possible considering other kids from her school knew him through the ffa trip or whatever. So I don't think it would have been impossible for her to have known him.

I know someone asked for a map of the area to get some perspective. North of Charlottesville is Culpeper and Orange where there have been other missing/murdered women. Here is a link with the areas related to this case highlighted.
http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=37...t6nt_Liberty Gas Station____&q=lovingston, va

Still getting caught up here, but potential areas that stick out upon an initial glance at this map are:

Tye River, James River State Park, Allens creek, and Stoneswall Mills (whatever that is).

*I'm going to start with guessing that she is south of all locations, since her car was found north (attempt to throw off investigators, red herring, etc.).

Much more to study and catch up on...

when you look in search for RAT @ VA Court Case (WAYNESBORO, VA) it shows a women who took him for PROFANE/THREATEN-PUBLIC AIRWAY and also they went to court over some debt.. I am thinking this is his gf because they once lived at same address in 04.

OT I love your posts and think you have such incredible insight!
Thank you kindly...we have similar styles and ideas. I love your succinct and factual posts...they are spot on.

Still getting caught up here--does anyone know around what year he got that dreadful tattoo? TIA.

Hello websleuths! First time poster here. I've been following this case for a few days now, and I must say, you all have done an incredible job of tracking down a wealth of information. Two things I wanted to add:

1. People have been mentioning the accused's familiar look and possible resemblance to an actor. Its is my belief that people are subconsciously associating him with William Sadler (http://www.thatfilmguy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/William-Sadler.png), who is known to sometimes portray villainous "redneck" characters. :)

SBM
I think he looks a lot like William Devane from the nose down..
WireImage_3496229.jpg

<In reference to Morgan Harrington:>
Charlottesville police have repeatedly refused to confirm they're looking for a black man, despite the appearance of the sketch. If there is a connection they'll know right away, though, because I'm sure the first thing they did was grab his DNA sample.

For anyone who is interested in Morgan Harrington's case, there is an episode about her disappearance on Investigation Discovery (ID) "Disappeared" (entitled "Heavy Metal Mystery" or something along those lines....it is available on netflix.)

Rat has a Charge : SAFETY BELT VIOL/MINOR (8-17) oh my wonder who's child he had?? This is on 12/02/2010 and its him because it matches up with his DOB and Full Name.. In Orange Co

My stomach immediately turned to knots. I didn't want to be the one to suggest or assume a sexually motivated crime, but it's impossible not to ponder.

This is the last thing I wanted to hear.

I assumed everyone has been assuming this was the motive as soon as we got the info we did on the suspect and AM's aunt saying they didn't know him. IMO, RAT is a serial sexual predator. I guess I've been on WS too long and followed so many cases like this that I assume everyone assumes that's what has happened when a girl is taken by a guy who is linked to other abductions or it was a stranger who steals a girl. Why else would a guy steal a girl or woman that he doesn't know or barely knows? Kidnappings for ransom are extremely rare and neither Samantha Clarke or Alexis come from the Hearst family or other super-wealthy family.

My guess, unfortunately, is that poor Alexis was abducted, raped, killed, and then he hid her body....within a matter of hours. That's how most of these attacks by serial sexual predators or strangers seem to go down from my time on WS.

I think we shouldn't shy away from or feel bad about suggesting this. Yes, it's terrible for the victims and their families, but if we never talk about it and pretend it rarely happens, we do a disservice to everyone by not making them aware of what can happen. Never let a perp take you to a second location. Do whatever you can to not go with them. They likely aren't going to just rob you. They aren't going to keep you for ransom unless maybe you're a Hilton or a Hearst or from some other wealthy family. They aren't just going to give you a ride. They likely won't even keep you alive for an extended period of time (like Jaycee Duggard & the 3 women rescued in Cleveland). If a serial sexual predator (which any stranger or acquaintance could be) takes you, odds are you'll be raped and dead within hours, so you have to do all you can to not be taken to a second location by them. Pretending like that's not the case leads to us not being vigilant enough, IMO. Hope that makes sense.

He lost custody- according to the article below: and that the son was "young".

"Taylor says he, too, would like to know what happened to Samantha. He lists the losses he's also experienced in the wake of her disappearance: custody of his son, who went to live with his mother after police allegedly warned him his arrest was imminent;"

http://www.readthehook.com/108360/l...amily-mourns-suspect-claims-police-harassment

When you're arrested in Virginia on a violent crime/felony, your DNA is automatically taken and entered into a databank.

That is a very new development in VA law and the DNA database is painfully backlogged. Priority is given to high profile cases so we may be hearing something sooner than later. My money is on RAT for dozens of missing and murdered women.

As far as we know there is no damage...also, she was driving her Dad's car that evening.

I swore I saw a pic or video where it looked like there was damage across the entire bottom of one of the doors....it could have been from a previous incident. Someone else mentioned it in post #4 of this thread...but it is very possible that my eyes were playing tricks on me, because now I cannot find a pic..of course!

The cretin who attacked the woman near Jermantown Rd in '05 (not far from George Mason Univ) and subsequently murdered Morgan has "sub-Saharan" DNA. One of the theories I have About this perpetrator is that he may be an undocumented person who might even slip in and out of the country. Apparently they did not digitize the fingerprints of illegals back in '05. I have wondered if this perpetrator deals drugs and moves about to areas where he can make sales. I am also concerned he may be responsible for other murders in which the bodies have not been found. As a side note, the attack on the young lady walking from the bus stop in Fairfax was very brazen. It is not an isolated area like the locale in which Morgan was found.

Where he ambushed the Fairfax victim is a very dark path and he dragged her over to the pool house. It also has very poor lighting. This I know first hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966