VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - **ARREST** - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello websleuths! First time poster here. I've been following this case for a few days now, and I must say, you all have done an incredible job of tracking down a wealth of information. Two things I wanted to add:

1. People have been mentioning the accused's familiar look and possible resemblance to an actor. Its is my belief that people are subconsciously associating him with William Sadler (http://www.thatfilmguy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/William-Sadler.png), who is known to sometimes portray villainous "redneck" characters. :)

2. Given the proximity of RAT's home to other crime scenes in the area, I wouldn't rule out connections to other cases, even Morgan Harrington. It's even possible he had an accomplice. Given the likelihood that the trailer LE confiscated might be a mobile math lab, don't most meth cooks work in pairs? I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that they don't work alone. Also, its possible he had a pal in the area who also knew the landscape or had helped him (or vice versa). Could have been a hunting buddy, or a fellow druggie (if indeed that's what he was into). Pure conjecture, of course, but just wanted to share the thought.

Edit: An accomplice would also explain him getting back after dumping Alexis' car.

That just creeps me out. :(

And to answer your question about the stalking charge, yes, I seem to remember seeing it when I looked on the Virginia Court Case info site, but now I can't find it. Don't recall what county it was but I think, IIRC, the victim was a male? Anyone? My memory may not be serving me well. It's late.

Court records indicate the victim was a male.

I am curious to see at what point LE will, if at all, request assistance for searches of larger areas, if nothing pans out. I also wonder if they have his pings and how specific the info is, from the night she went missing. Well, I am sure they have his phone records, but wonder if they were useful,i.e. was his phone on, was he carrying it, etc.

I really think his MO is probably to not allow his victim to live for very long after the abduction.

That just creeps me out. :(

And to answer your question about the stalking charge, yes, I seem to remember seeing it when I looked on the Virginia Court Case info site, but now I can't find it. Don't recall what county it was but I think, IIRC, the victim was a male? Anyone? My memory may not be serving me well. It's late.

My stomach immediately turned to knots. I didn't want to be the one to suggest or assume a sexually motivated crime, but it's impossible not to ponder.

This is the last thing I wanted to hear.

this was an unrelated share just put out there to inform people... but it gives a possible method for RAT getting a hold of Alexis... this is NOT from something related to her case... just info that could provide theory... read on....

A man came over and offered his services as a painter to a female who was putting gas in her car and left his card. She said no, but accepted his card out of kindness and got in the car. The man then got into a car driven by another gentleman. As the lady left the service station, she saw the men following her out of the station at the same time. Almost immediately, she started to feel dizzy and could not catch her breath. She tried to open the window and realized that the odor was on her hand; the same hand which accepted the card from the gentleman at the gas station.

She then noticed the men were immediately behind her and she felt she needed to do something at that moment. She drove into the first driveway and began to honk her horn repeatedly to ask for help. The men drove away but the lady still felt pretty bad for several minutes after she could finally catch her breath.

Apparently, there was a substance on the card that could have seriously injured her.

This drug is called 'BURUNDANGA' and it is used by people who wish to incapacitate a victim in order to steal from or take advantage of them like REPEATED GANG RAPE. This drug is four times more dangerous than the date rape drug and is transferable on simple cards.

So take heed and make sure you don't accept cards at any given time alone or from someone on the streets. This applies to those making house calls and slipping you a card when they offer their services .

PLEASE SEND THIS ALERT TO EVERY FEMALE YOU KNOW

could be something like this that caused her to not make it very far down the road from the gas station... just thinking outloud here...

Snopes rules this as an urban legend. http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/burundanga.asp

I was thinking that he could have done something to her car...not sure what, it would have had to have been quick.

this was an unrelated share just put out there to inform people... but it gives a possible method for RAT getting a hold of Alexis... this is NOT from something related to her case... just info that could provide theory... read on....

A man came over and offered his services as a painter to a female who was putting gas in her car and left his card. She said no, but accepted his card out of kindness and got in the car. The man then got into a car driven by another gentleman. As the lady left the service station, she saw the men following her out of the station at the same time. Almost immediately, she started to feel dizzy and could not catch her breath. She tried to open the window and realized that the odor was on her hand; the same hand which accepted the card from the gentleman at the gas station.

She then noticed the men were immediately behind her and she felt she needed to do something at that moment. She drove into the first driveway and began to honk her horn repeatedly to ask for help. The men drove away but the lady still felt pretty bad for several minutes after she could finally catch her breath.

Apparently, there was a substance on the card that could have seriously injured her.

This drug is called 'BURUNDANGA' and it is used by people who wish to incapacitate a victim in order to steal from or take advantage of them like REPEATED GANG RAPE. This drug is four times more dangerous than the date rape drug and is transferable on simple cards.

So take heed and make sure you don't accept cards at any given time alone or from someone on the streets. This applies to those making house calls and slipping you a card when they offer their services .

could be something like this that caused her to not make it very far down the road from the gas station... just thinking outloud here...

Yes, I mentioned something like this in my post here #255.

Just my 2c on rudeness. Alexis is a good student, athlete, intelligent but still only 17. I was raised to always, always be polite to my elders and I was raised to respect their authority. I would bet money on the fact that if RAT approached her - for whatever reason - she would not have been rude. She may have felt uneasy, but not enough to be rude or agressive. That gut feeling is real, but a *I'm guessing here* well-raised, not street smart young woman from a small town would would not automatically think predator and kick him in the balls at first creepy feeling.

JMHO.

Also, I've seen comments on how creepy he looks in the mugshots, but also many have said he looks familiar. I agree, he does. Like some kind of Harry Dean Stanton type who you might see around town, reminds you of someone but you can't *quite* place.

That kind of pseudo-familiarity might be another reason she didn't initially get away from him when he approached her (if he did).

Just random thoughts, no real help.

I hope she is found soon.

...AND she was raised in the South. Kids down here are still raised to say respect your elders, say "ma'am" and "sir" and are just raised to be way more polite and respectful of adults than any place I have ever lived. Who knows...maybe he isn't quite as scary when he is 'cleaned up', too. I just saw the note that said he was possibly a mechanic at a place where her family purchased a car. If so, he may have been a 'familiar' face and someone she trusted to work on a car.

One other post had posted about how they had never seen a car towed with a ball hitch. Don't forget about those little things that you can rent from UHaul and the like -- the thing that hitches to the back of your car and the front two tires ride on that little two wheeled platform.

Or...another option that came to mind this evening. He calls a buddy and says that he needs a ride from the apt complex -- maybe he helped a customer drop off a car, etc. -- all sorts of possibilities. Unwitting buddy thinks he is picking him up from something legitimate. Meets him at the clubhouse and off they go. Buddy never even saw him with the car and didn't ever even think about it.

The local news, WSET, had RAT's neighbor on it. The neighbor said that it was creepy, but he didn't seem surprised. He also stated the he has seen RAT walk up and down RT29. I have always found it odd when people are walking on RT29. It's not but a straight shot between Lynchburg and Charlottesville with a lot of farm land with people going about 65/70 MPH. I never like driving this road at nights-- it gives me the creeps sometimes and I get weird feelings. He had a car, why walk up and down RT29?

Scoping out good spider holes? He is an evil sick ! He may even re-visit his hiding places. That neighbor needs to show LE the areas where he walked along Rt 29.

My stomach immediately turned to knots. I didn't want to be the one to suggest or assume a sexually motivated crime, but it's impossible not to ponder.

This is the last thing I wanted to hear.

Nausea - check, knots - check. Agreed, probably shouldn't be ignored considering he purchased something in that store.

Moo

Ok, Here's some of the things that make me think Evontiz is the 29 stalker (or maybe there is more than one!)

One woman, Carmelito Shemo, who escaped the 29 stalker said Evonitz was the man who abducted her.

"Ann Ferguson Swibold of Orange said that Evonitz was the man who tried to stop her in Feb 1996 by suggesting she was having car troubles. Swibold told state police that a man in a dark sedan followed her along state route 230, a 10 mile stretch connecting US 29 in Madison County to US 15 in Orange. When she saw Evonitz photo she said she had no doubt. She was 101% certain."

Interviewed before Evonitz was confirmed as the Spotsylvania girls’ killer, Aidan Adrien Yates told state police Special Agent David A. Russillo that Evonitz was the man who followed her home from work along U.S. 29 in Culpeper in either August or September 1999.

She told police the driver was a clean-cut white man with brown hair and a neatly trimmed goatee.

Despite what is depicted in the 29 Stalker composites released to the public, many women reported the man had facial hair, some saying he may have had a mustache. One composite circulated among law enforcement officials shows a man with a goatee. Evonitz sported at least a mustache at the time, and also had a goatee at some point.

Handwritten notes found in Evonitz’s locked footlocker inside his home place him in the Lignum area of Culpeper where both Reynolds’ and McDaniel’s bodies were found. The notes also place him on the road that leads to Shenandoah National Park.

Evonitz did hang out in Orange and along 29. He also attacked and assaulted an 18 year old woman in a parking lot. So he didn't just go for young girls.

There's more. So much more actually!

In the Shenandoah killings the perp used a midshipman knot. Evonitz was in the navy.
The 29 stalker survivors described a black Nissan truck with lots of chrome. and a red coup. Evonitz had access to both cars through friends and was known to drive them. He came and went at work without signing in or out--he just made his own hours. he was missing from work for four days during the Shenandoah killings. on and on and on
all from: http://fredericksburg.com/News/Web/2007/112007/29/chapter1/index_html?page=1

How did she know who followed her home to tell the agent it was Mark Evonitz. Who BTW was not the guy who tried to flag me down. Nor was he driving either of the above mentioned cars.

In 1999 no one suspected Mark. No one ever heard of him.

eta I THINK Carmelito Shemo pointed Darrel rice out in court.

I don't even wanna mention this but, what if what he bought is the DNA link between him and her?

Moo

Numerous people have said that he looks familiar and suggested actors in movies etc. When I first saw the mugshots of him, he immediately reminded me of William H Macy - it's scary how similar they look! Anyone else see that too?

IMO, there is little doubt this was a sexually motivated crime.

Darrell David Rice was not the person who kidnapped and killed Alicia, and Shomo probably ID's the wrong person in her testimony at his trial, IMO. Neck tat cat lived in the same rural area (Lignum) Alicia was found in fer chrissakes, and he has been around Culpeper county, Hwy 29, and the greater Charlottesville area all of his life (until he moved to Lovingston, which is still on 29).

If I were a betting man, I'd bet the farm that he is the 29 stalker.

Tonto, I am right there with you on all of the above and "SKETCH" in Morgan's case. I see now that the FBI Info Sheet says that his is Black but that was HUGE news to me that they officially posted that. Because all along I had heard they were uncertain of his race.

BTW, In one of the 40+++ cases/charges/arrests that I posted early this morning, for RAT, I found one from 2003 where on the case file his address was listed as Lovingston. So, this is not the first time he lived there.

Snopes says this is False.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/burundanga.asp

Numerous people have said that he looks familiar and suggested actors in movies etc. When I first saw the mugshots of him, he immediately reminded me of William H Macy - it's scary how similar they look! Anyone else see that too?

Oh man, I was wondering why I had a strange and fleeting pang of sympathy for him when I first saw his picture— I watched the movie Magnolia very recently! Kneejerk sympathy has now been evicted with proper paperwork. Still highly recommend that movie! I think sleuthers in particular would enjoy it.

I'll stop being a serial OT-er now. Here's hoping that tomorrow morning will be the one to deliver closure.

Yes, I can see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member