VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - **ARREST** - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for thinking of the Colonial Parkway Murders victims. My sister Cathy Thomas, along with her friend Rebecca Dowski were the first two victims in the Colonial Parkway Murders. The potential connection to Randy Allen Taylor is worth a look, as are possible links to other open murder cases and disappearances in that area of Virginia, including Samantha Clarke in 2010, Morgan Harrington in 2009. Alicia Showalter Reynolds in 1996, and many others.

Bill Thomas
Brother of Cathleen Thomas
Los Angeles, CA

:grouphug: Bill! :grouphug:

I hope we can help you get some answers!

:seeya:

Question: Do those wraps go on & off at will?

RSBM: They are like a heavy duty cricut vinyl or contact paper you line shelves with. They go on harder than they come off. They are typically not re-useable, as the vinyl stretches out of shape when removed.

RSBM: I found a picture of the car. It could not have been towed- as the front of the car is facing the curb. It is a front wheel drive- and must be towed with the front in the air, back wheels on the ground. Unless he put the towing vehicle up on that curbed grass....

http://www.blueridgelife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/murphy-car-rr-2.jpg

Also- they tracked A scent to the clubhouse. They did not specify whose scent.

I believe you are correct in thinking he dropped the car off there & got a ride from the clubhouse.

Great catch! :thumbup:

ETA: I never really looked before, but there are several cars in that lot. I was under the impression it was rarely used, kinda deserted. Doesn't look that way at all in this pic...

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

The profile of Evonitz's victims indicates that he was more of a serial hebephile than a murderer of adult women. Also, his crimes in Virginia are well north of the corridor where the 29 stalker ravaged.

Thanks Tonto!

I just learned a new term!

Hebephile... Interest in pubescent children.. Ages 11-14..

We haven't asked the question why his being in the video store is A) relevant and B) led them to arresting him? I think we should explore this.

Also, I wonder if she was alive and well but under duress in Charlottesville. I wonder if he drove her in her car up to the theatre and then marched her down that path behind the apartments and towards the clubhouse and retention pond. I wonder if she is in that retention pond.

If he is the cat who did this to Morgan - but more importantly in this example, to the woman in Fairfax - then it involved a clubhouse at an apartment complex. If he is a serial killer, it could be one of his habitual neuroses.

All pure speculation and random questions. Just throwing it out there for ya'll to ponder and critique.

We haven't asked the question why his being in the video store is A) relevant and B) led them to arresting him? I think we should explore this.

RSBM: Video store and Carmike parking lot are 2.3 miles apart. MSM concerning video store cameras- they were only inside, and clerk was unsure if he was driving the camo suburban at the time. He also purchased something at the store

I'm thinking what he purchased may be the DNA link between them.

Moo and all that

Someone is saying over on Find Alexis Facebook that she bought a car at Drive away motors in Ruckersville and RAT is a mechanic there.

If true... This would open the possibility of Alexis knowing him... Being familiar with him... And trusting his mechanical knowledge...

additionally... knowing where he works can provide us with more background on him!

JMO

Someone is saying over on Find Alexis Facebook that she bought a car at Drive away motors in Ruckersville and RAT is a mechanic there.

However... I wonder what car she bought there...

and why she was borrowing her father's car the night she went missing?

:waitasec:

JMO

2002, when he was arrested and later convicted for arson in Albemarle County.

Taylor set fire to a car in 2002. According to court records, he was found guilty of arson in February 2005. As part of a plea deal, two related charges were dropped. He was given a two-year suspended sentence but had to pay an insurance company more than $19,000.

http://ht.ly/nRH36

RSBM: Why does a person torch a vehicle ? Evidence, imo.

Hello websleuths! First time poster here. I've been following this case for a few days now, and I must say, you all have done an incredible job of tracking down a wealth of information. Two things I wanted to add:

1. People have been mentioning the accused's familiar look and possible resemblance to an actor. Its is my belief that people are subconsciously associating him with William Sadler (http://www.thatfilmguy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/William-Sadler.png), who is known to sometimes portray villainous "redneck" characters. :)

2. Given the proximity of RAT's home to other crime scenes in the area, I wouldn't rule out connections to other cases, even Morgan Harrington. It's even possible he had an accomplice. Given the likelihood that the trailer LE confiscated might be a mobile math lab, don't most meth cooks work in pairs? I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that they don't work alone. Also, its possible he had a pal in the area who also knew the landscape or had helped him (or vice versa). Could have been a hunting buddy, or a fellow druggie (if indeed that's what he was into). Pure conjecture, of course, but just wanted to share the thought.

Edit: An accomplice would also explain him getting back after dumping Alexis' car.
:wagon: Legrasse! :welcome:

accomplice... Good thought!

Rat has a Charge : SAFETY BELT VIOL/MINOR (8-17) oh my wonder who's child he had?? This is on 12/02/2010 and its him because it matches up with his DOB and Full Name.. In Orange Co

Could have been his own son... About 8 years old in 2010...

JMO

Also, I wonder if she was alive and well but under duress in Charlottesville. I wonder if he drove her in her car up to the theatre and then marched her down that path behind the apartments and towards the clubhouse and retention pond. I wonder if she is in that retention pond.

If he is the cat who did this to Morgan - but more importantly in this example, to the woman in Fairfax - then it involved a clubhouse at an apartment complex. If he is a serial killer, it could be one of his habitual neuroses.

All pure speculation and random questions. Just throwing it out there for ya'll to ponder and critique.

I, too, am still wondering if the retention pond/bodies of water by the apartments have been searched...

:waitasec:

After reading all these posts and researching unsolved homicides and missing persons cases.... I have a really bad feeling about this guy.

What if he has worked in a "team" before? I always thought Morgan had more than one person kill/dispose of her body out on that remote farm. I hope this opens many doors for grieving families, and thank god this monster is off the streets (I should add alleged since he hasn't been convicted).

FYI about the ethnicity/racial markers for DNA, my grandfather had one of those tests done and found out he is 80% English/British and 20% African. We were very surprised, as we expected him to be 100% English. My dad was then tested and yup he is 10%. Such an interesting and previously unknown part of our history! Here is the thing... My grandpa is blonde (now has white hair) with super fair skin. You would NEVER know. 20% might seem insignificant, but I'm 25% Greek and I REALLY look Greek. And yet my sister (full sibling) has platinum blonde hair and super fair skin. Genetics are crazy, complicated and super interesting.

That is why I wonder if Morgan had more than one killer.... Maybe the guy whose DNA was found and identified as being the perp in the 2005 assault knows this Randy Taylor creep. Who knows?!

JMO

I also wondered if the DNA from Morgan's shirt was the only DNA recovered, maybe that was staged (meant to be found) or was planted as a red herring.

Jmo

Just a thought...

but if tatt cat RAT has an accomplice... Which very well could be... Then I can't see RAT taking the fall...

hopefully he will "RAT" out the accomplice... Just so he doesn't have to take the blame ... And more information will be exposed...

JMO

Just a thought...

but if tatt cat RAT has an accomplice... Which very well could be... Then I can't see RAT taking the fall...

hopefully he will "RAT" out the accomplice... Just so he doesn't have to take the blame ... And more information will be exposed...

JMO

I totally agree with you... Let's hope he sings like a canary

After reading all these posts and researching unsolved homicides and missing persons cases.... I have a really bad feeling about this guy.

What if he has worked in a "team" before? I always thought Morgan had more than one person kill/dispose of her body out on that remote farm. I hope this opens many doors for grieving families, and thank god this monster is off the streets (I should add alleged since he hasn't been convicted).

FYI about the ethnicity/racial markers for DNA, my grandfather had one of those tests done and found out he is 80% English/British and 20% African. We were very surprised, as we expected him to be 100% English. My dad was then tested and yup he is 10%. Such an interesting and previously unknown part of our history! Here is the thing... My grandpa is blonde (now has white hair) with super fair skin. You would NEVER know. 20% might seem insignificant, but I'm 25% Greek and I REALLY look Greek. And yet my sister (full sibling) has platinum blonde hair and super fair skin. Genetics are crazy, complicated and super interesting.

That is why I wonder if Morgan had more than one killer.... Maybe the guy whose DNA was found and identified as being the perp in the 2005 assault knows this Randy Taylor creep. Who knows?!

JMO

Every human being on this planet will have some form of sub-saharan show up in their genetics. Contrary to popular belief we all came from Africa and genetics will pick that up in everyone. Also, science (which is my education area psychology/biology) believes that race is a social construct and has no backing in science anymore. Now in higher level science there is about one page that references it in science books, in particular talking about the diseases that are particular to individual races. Example, sickle cell anemia to the African/Asian races. COPD to Caucasian races, etc. Just to inform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinzstel