VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - **ARREST** - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will now call him neck tat cat rat.

Don't forget the tat is Daffy, so how about neck tat duck cat RAT ... that hopefully sings like a canary.

RSBM: I found a picture of the car. It could not have been towed- as the front of the car is facing the curb. It is a front wheel drive- and must be towed with the front in the air, back wheels on the ground. Unless he put the towing vehicle up on that curbed grass....

http://www.blueridgelife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/murphy-car-rr-2.jpg

Also- they tracked A scent to the clubhouse. They did not specify whose scent.

I believe you are correct in thinking he dropped the car off there & got a ride from the clubhouse.

At first I thought he'd have towed the car into the city, but not directly to the parking lot, as it'd be too risky, someone might watch it and remember it as being unusual. Rather he'd drop the car of a few streets away, park his truck elsewhere, walk back to the car and drive it to the parking lot where it was found. So potential witnesses to the most noteworthy act, dropping off a towed vehicle, who could also identify his truck, wouldn't be questioned by police as the vehicle would ultimately be found elsewhere.

I'd really like to know if the scent indeed ended at the clubhouse, as at some point he had to leave it, unless he was picked up directly at the doorstep. Maybe that's where he parked his truck after dropping the car off, then walking back to get the car and drop it off at the same parking lot. Getting out, having a beer at the clubhouse, then leave in his truck.

The towing scenario eliminates witnesses that else had to provide transportation back to his home (unless he walked or had accomplices), however, it leaves witnesses that might spot him towing the car on his way. Oh, the (potential) dilemmas of a (potential) serial killer. :sigh:

Every human being on this planet will have some form of sub-saharan show up in their genetics. Contrary to popular belief we all came from Africa and genetics will pick that up in everyone. Also, science (which is my education area psychology/biology) believes that race is a social construct and has no backing in science anymore. Now in higher level science there is about one page that references it in science books, in particular talking about the diseases that are particular to individual races. Example, sickle cell anemia to the African/Asian races. COPD to Caucasian races, etc. Just to inform.

Yes I've just been doing research on this. I have .4% subsaharan African in my DNA as I just got it tested on 23andme

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to the article Alexis was not with him in the surveillance videos as the adult store.

I understand she was not with him at the store but did she enter the store at all?

Neck tat cat rat, neck tat duck cat rat.... You guys are cracking me up! (We all need a little humor every now and again!)

I hope she is found today!!!

Caught up now.

Anyone local know if there are unused cabins or barns near RAT's home? Any caves? Any old wells not in use?

That is a very new development in VA law and the DNA database is painfully backlogged. Priority is given to high profile cases so we may be hearing something sooner than later. My money is on RAT for dozens of missing and murdered women.

Virginia has been doing this since January 1, 2003. It's not too new (over 10 years old)..

It's not as backlogged as you think. (I come from a family of law enforcement)

Ok for the speculation that her car was towed to Charlottesville. I think I can debunk that theory or even a theory that he drove it there himself.

Our local news is covering this case, so naturally they were on the scene when they were investigating the car. When they were investigating the car and had the dogs going around it and checking things out, it sounded like the alarm was going off on the car. You could clearly hear it on the news footage. If the car would have been towed and the alarm would have been activated, it would have been going off long before that and would have been noticed. I personally believe she drove the car to Charlottesville, and activated the alarm on the car once she got out. After that, is anyones guess.

That's just my theory.

I understand she was not with him at the store but did she enter the store at all?

You mean at any time? They haven't said. Just said he was alone when he entered the store the day she disappeared. Not even sure they've said what time it was.One article said he purchased movies.

A hearing for Randy Taylor is scheduled in Nelson County Juvenile and Domestic Relations court at 1:30 p.m. Tuesday. The hearing was moved out of General District Court because Alexis Murphy is a minor, and juvenile court has jurisdiction over offenses involving children.

Murphy, 17, has not been seen since August 3.

Taylor is still being held without bail in the Albemarle-Charlottesville Regional Jail. He will appear by video for the hearing.

The purpose of an advisement hearing is to inform Taylor of his right to be represented by an attorney. He can waive his right to a lawyer and represent himself, try to obtain a court-appointed lawyer, or hire his own lawyer to represent him.

There will be no plea or evidence heard at the hearing.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/arr...se/-/20128466/21423172/-/10ry68e/-/index.html

more at link including video

Caught up now.

Anyone local know if there are unused cabins or barns near RAT's home? Any caves? Any old wells not in use?

I don't know about that particular area but I do know you can drive down most any road in rural VA and find a number of abandoned buildings - barns, old houses, sheds, trailers. The geology would suggest caves as well. Probably not deep or that accessible and likely only accessible on foot in rough terrain. Not sure about wells.

edited to remove post that someone else already pointed out -- I've gotta start staying up all night to keep up with this thread!!! LOL

Authorities obtained a search warrant for Taylor’s home the afternoon of Aug. 6, roughly six hours before Alexis’s car was found in the Carmike Six Cinema parking lot just off U.S. 29 in Albemarle County last Tuesday.
On Saturday, agents on four-wheelers scoured the area near Taylor’s home off U.S. 29, just north of Lovingston, with axes, rakes and hoes, neighbors said. In Charlottesville, authorities retrieved footage of Taylor from video surveillance at Ultimate Bliss, an adult novelty store just more than two miles from the Carmike, said store manager Kevin Bennett. Alexis did not appear in the footage, Bennett said.
Bennett would not say when Taylor visited the store but said authorities arrived Saturday.
"It’s kind of a shock to get a call that there’s some FBI agents wanting to talk to you," Bennett said. "My part-timer recognized him from the Daffy Duck tattoo on his neck, because there aren’t too many people walking around with a cartoon character on their neck. He just purchased some movies."
An employer and acquaintances of Taylor’s described him as a quiet, hardworking man, who kept mostly to himself working off and on at a local used car lot.
http://www.newsadvance.com/news/local/article_7945f6ac-0365-11e3-9eb7-0019bb30f31a.html

much more at link. Also says that warrants remain under seal.

didn't we see the word sedan somewhere relating to the 29 stalker?

"We knew he had a past, because he’d been honest with us," Taylor’s employer, Tere Vann, said Monday at the Ruckersville car lot where he’s worked off and on for the past five years.
Vann’s business was the scene of a 2011 clash between employees and law enforcement over a GPS tracking device that Town of Orange police placed near the back bumper of Taylor’s sedan, according to Greene County court records. Taylor discovered the device after officers told him his rear right license plate light was out, court records state.
Several officers came to the car lot and demanded he return the device, which he had asked a coworker to hold on to, according to court records. The same records state that employees called 911 after an officer ripped the device out of a female coworker’s hands.
"We knew it was about that girl missing in Orange County," Vann said.

http://www.newsadvance.com/news/local/article_7945f6ac-0365-11e3-9eb7-0019bb30f31a.html

Taylor is no stranger to the law, court records show.
His rap sheet of criminal offenses stretches back more than 20 years. His largely nonviolent criminal history appears to be bookended by a 1992 burglary conviction in Virginia Beach and a March petit larceny conviction in Greene County.
Virginia Beach court records show Taylor was convicted of statutory burglary and grand larceny in 1992 and sentenced to 10 years behind bars, with all but 4 ½ years suspended.

Albemarle County court records show Taylor was convicted of arson in February 2005, given a two-year suspended sentence and ordered to pay $6,302.51 in restitution. Taylor’s suspended sentence was revoked in June 2011, after he failed to pay restitution. His sentence was immediately re-suspended on conditions of good behavior and that he pay at least $50 a month toward his restitution.
Taylor has paid a total of $855 since 2005, records show, $305 between June 2011 and January, when Taylor made his last payment.

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/a...cle_a66b51f0-03c3-11e3-9a97-0019bb30f31a.html

that puts him out of jail around the 1996 time frame. This is good to know

If you go to google maps and look at Eades Lane there is what appears to possibly be a quarry of some sort. You can follow the power line from down where the search area was at Country Lane up to Eades. It goes by a couple of mobile homes as well, but the quarry really struck me as possibly significant.

You mean at any time? They haven't said. Just said he was alone when he entered the store the day she disappeared. Not even sure they've said what time it was.One article said he purchased movies.

Thanks for the reply. That does not sound good. He must have been seen following her at some point whether it be at the store or later. I wonder in what proximity this adult store is to the gas station she was last seen at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member