VA - Amy Bradley, 23, Petersburg, 24 March 1998 - #2 - ***READ FIRST POST***

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it odd my posts are overlooked ...
One would think the Bradley's filing a protection order against someone could possibly take this sleuthing on the proper course ...

Who did they want protection from ? Whoever they are -- the identities(y) may give us a better insight into the case.

And again , "Vanished" -- the woman quotes "they were talking about a deal." (iirc)

What kind of deal ?

Not at all overlooked

I find your questions very interesting

Just no answers yet:waitasec:

One would think the Bradley's filing a protection order against someone could possibly take this sleuthing on the proper course ...

Who did they want protection from ? Whoever they are -- the identities(y) may give us a better insight into the case.

And again , "Vanished" -- the woman quotes "they were talking about a deal." (iirc)

What kind of deal ?

Chateau, wanted to let you know, & only speaking for myself, I'm not overlooking anything you post. I love reading your posts bc you make me think. I've been trying to find a way to see the records without paying for them. Florida has the sunshine law so it should be available even if we have to pay, but maybe not everything if it's still part of an active investigation. I did however send a link to all major networks via email inquiring to the same thing you posted. Wanted to quick post to let you know...

:hug:

What kind of deal ?

Not overlooked at all. Wish we had the answers. There are still so many questions but sadly, answers are few and short. :sigh:

Not at all overlooked

I find your questions very interesting

Just no answers yet:waitasec:

I find it strange too I dont know what type of deal they thought Amy might ruin its just when I think to hard on it my head starts to hurt :/ ugh

Chateau, wanted to let you know, & only speaking for myself, I'm not overlooking anything you post. I love reading your posts bc you make me think. I've been trying to find a way to see the records without paying for them. Florida has the sunshine law so it should be available even if we have to pay, but maybe not everything if it's still part of an active investigation. I did however send a link to all major networks via email inquiring to the same thing you posted. Wanted to quick post to let you know...

:hug:

is it possible the protective order was taken out against someone trying to scam the family?

Was the protection order for someone here in Florida or in VA?

in 1998 i was going into my junior year of hs. i remember that aol was very popular back then and so were the aol chat rooms. I used to frequent one from my state and there were the same odd people. they even used to have "aol chat parties" this crazy welfare women who had all the problems in the world would host the party everyone would meet up at her place. she would cook ungodly amounts of meat and food it was crazy. i never went to those parties. the chat rooms were also a way of people connecting with each other it was the " free dating site" of the late 90s. people would enter the room go ASL(age sex location) and you would reply. the chat rooms were heavily populated until like mid 2000s. you could meet all kinds of characters in those rooms. i even met a few people for dates including my ex

AOL Instant Messenger
Yahoo! Messenger
MSM Messenger
mIRC (internet relay chat, wow I'm really showing my age here).

Yes, people got pretty freaky in those chat rooms. :) There were also online forums for just about everything, just like there are now. And I believe newsgroups were still around at the time. (really really showing my age now....)

There was no Facebook at the time, and I don't think MySpace had really reached it's peak yet.

It was ruled the Bradley's commited fraud against the court.

It was dismissed with prejudice , and if anyone cared to look at the link ... you can see the Bradley's filed a PROTECTION ORDER

Now ... if a protection order is filed , it isn't filed against "unknown people" , there was a name(es) the Bradley's petitioned the court to get protection from.

That is interesting.

Could it be the guys who were photographing the Bradley home after they came back from the cruise?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8284534&postcount=414"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - SPOTLIGHT CASE VA - Amy Bradley, 23, Petersburg, 24 March 1998[/ame]

I am thinking that the scamming investigator was a separate case from Bradley vs. RC.

You're right! everything in that docket is related to the cases between the Bradleys & Royal Caribbean. Thank you for pointing that out.

There are several reasons why Amy may have been a target:

1 - she was young, attractive and even more than that, may simply have had the misfortune to be someone's preferred physical 'type'.

2 - it may not have been a planned abduction, but a crime of opportunity. i.e. could someone have seen her walking back from the early morning coffee with Alister Douglas, and grabbed her? I spoke to a friend who has been on a cruise recently and she told me that often she found herself walking alone down long, deserted corridors to get to her cabin...

3 - maybe there WERE more targets, not just Amy *but* a chance to grab Amy presented itself?

I think the fact that Amy did not bother going to bed, but rather stayed up, DOES really suggest that she planned to either meet someone or that she wanted to go and watch the ship dock.

Now I'm wondering if the crew members and AD were overly friendly with any of the other young women on the ship. Also, if AD was seen or videoed dancing with any other young women, not just Amy.

What kind of deal ?

Good points you bring up, Chateau.

What time frame was the so called PI working for the Bradley's, the one that was later learned to be a fraud and scammed the Bradley's out of over 100 k. Could it have been him they sought the protection order against, maybe before he was actually convicted and sentenced? IDK, timing may be totally off for this to be possible. Another thought, I wonder if someone from Royal Caribbean had been harassing them in some way?

As far as I know it has never been disclosed as to what type of "deal" they were referring to. Another mystery.

You're right! everything in that docket is related to the cases between the Bradleys & Royal Caribbean. Thank you for pointing that out.

Well, that ruins my initial theory. Which takes us back to someone working for RC, wonder if they had a PI following or watching the Bradley's.

Ok, i know it is annoying when someone who is not up to speed asks questions that have been repeatedly answered so please accept my apologies in advance...

I am confused about this "deal" comment

Who said that and who heard it??

Ok, i know it is annoying when someone who is not up to speed asks questions that have been repeatedly answered so please accept my apologies in advance...

I am confused about this "deal" comment

Who said that and who heard it??

This pertains to the sighting of Amy at the shopping mall restroom in Barbados.
The witness stated that while she was hiding in the bathroom stall, she overheard the man with Amy make a statement like, and this is paraphrased, "you had better not ***** this up, this is my deal" .

regarding the theories that she was targeted for kidnapping, i just go back and forth about how much sense this makes. i think it's unlikely she would have been targeted prior to boarding the ship. i think it's much more likely, in a kidnapping scenario, that someone on the ship noticed her as fitting the profile of whatever they were looking for, and either that individual alone or along with others enacted a plan to grab her. this makes sense with what we know about individuals being creepy, inviting her off the island, paying attention to her, etc. what doesn't make sense is why these people would take such a risk when there are tons of other women out there who could disappear without ever being noticed? we see it all the time. check out the charley project and see how many hundreds of those missing women have barely more information than "went missing in day/month/year. no more information available". why would you risk kidnapping 1) an american 2) someone with parents on board with them 3) a white woman (not being racist but we all know these cases get tons more attention) and most importantly 4) someone you don't have a lot of background on - what if amy's uncle was a state senator or the bradleys had a cousin who worked for the cia, etc etc. whoever did this took a huge risk if it was a planned kidnapping.

i question what would have made it worth it and i keep coming back to the idea that she saw something she shouldn't have, or she did something to spook someone and that the kidnapping wasn't planned. the problem with that is, if this wasn't planned, why keep her alive for all these years? you had to have some kind of infrastructure for housing her, guarding her, feeding her, moving her around, giving her medical attention if necessary, etc. i just don't see that making sense if it was an impulsive move to silence her. why not just throw her off the boat and be done with it?

so it's either you planned this, in which case you took a huge risk by targeting this person or you didn't plan it in which case we're supposed to believe you're a criminal with a heart of gold, who could kidnap someone but not kill them? just my 2 cents.

In hostage situations, kidnapped prisoners can be kept for years, sometimes sending tantalizing tidbits (photos. recordings) to show that victim is still alive- that way, the perp can keep getting/ or not getting- whatever it is that do/ or do not want.imo.

in 1998 i was going into my junior year of hs. i remember that aol was very popular back then and so were the aol chat rooms. I used to frequent one from my state and there were the same odd people. they even used to have "aol chat parties" this crazy welfare women who had all the problems in the world would host the party everyone would meet up at her place. she would cook ungodly amounts of meat and food it was crazy. i never went to those parties. the chat rooms were also a way of people connecting with each other it was the " free dating site" of the late 90s. people would enter the room go ASL(age sex location) and you would reply. the chat rooms were heavily populated until like mid 2000s. you could meet all kinds of characters in those rooms. i even met a few people for dates including my ex

I had forgotten about ICQ, but I met a friend on there. We stayed friends for several years, until I moved and lost touch. :(

AOL is how I met my husband. :blushing: Yep, in one of those geographical chat rooms. It was a group where someone knew someone who knew the other person. We also had "room parties" every weekend. I only went to one (Seafood Festival). There are good people in those rooms, but also some wackos.

Glad to know I'm not nuts & misremembering stuff... :D

Nope, not nuts....yet. :floorlaugh: j/k (on the "yet" part)

Now I'm wondering if the crew members and AD were overly friendly with any of the other young women on the ship. Also, if AD was seen or videoed dancing with any other young women, not just Amy.

That's a FABULOUS question!! I wish we knew more about the online post that Amy's family found on someone warning others about Yellow (post-kidnapping of Amy).

About the shoes - if she had more than 10, how would anyone know which one was missing? It's possible, I would assume, that she had some flip flops or something on. I just can't imagine walking around a cruise ship with no shoes on.

In hostage situations, kidnapped prisoners can be kept for years, sometimes sending tantalizing tidbits (photos. recordings) to show that victim is still alive- that way, the perp can keep getting/ or not getting- whatever it is that do/ or do not want.imo.

right, but to my knowledge no one has ever asked her family for anything, nor has there ever been a ransom demand or any type of intentional release of information showing she is still alive (the pictures and the sightings are all far from intentionally giving information to her family that she's alive). if they kidnapped her for the sex trade, then why her and not someone who would go unnoticed missing? even if you wanted someone from that ship, why someone who has parents and a brother sharing a room with them and not someone on spring break who might not be missed for a few days? it doesn't add up.

if she was kidnapped for the sex trade, what's the long con? why go to that effort when it's easy to find someone willing to go into that business who doesn't need constant guarding, to be hidden from sight, etc etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member