VA - Amy Bradley, 23, Petersburg, 24 March 1998 - #2 - ***READ FIRST POST***

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She was awarded a full basketball scholarship; therefore, the scholarship must have been from Longwood University (where she graduated from).

"Amy Bradley was awarded a full basketball scholarship and graduated from Longwood University in Virginia with a degree in physical education."
http://www.amybradley.net/

I assumed that it was because they left the ship and never had the opportunity to pick-up the photos. I hadn't heard that the negatives were missing.

BBM - Thanks, Bree. I hadn't heard that the negatives were missing either and I'm not sure I'm ready to jump to that conclusion. If there's one thing I've learned on WS it's to assume nothing.

Motion for protective order shows up twice. In '00 and '05. Since this is a civil case, IMO, the motion has to do w/ the lawsuit, not another situation the Bradley family could have been dealing with. That would require another order, possibly in criminal court if stalking, harassment or threats were involved. I also can't tell WHO requested it. Is it possible for a company, like Royal Carib, to request one against a person???? Such as, please instruct plaintiffs to cease from negative public comments? Not trying to cast any bad light on the Bradleys, just unsure how that works in FL or any other state. Totally guessing and going out of the box. That's my total contribution thus far! MOO.

Re: photo ticket

I thought she kept it as a sad memento of the trip. And I hate to even use that word 'memento', so I will say evidence. Evidence of something that didn't happen as she never got the pics.

I agree. It certainly is suspicious. But if nobody noticed besides the witness, nobody would know.

I wonder if these men were friendly with the owner of the store. Anybody know the name of the store Amy was seen in by the witness?

So THE witness is in the stall,she only had an audio quote to be witness too? did she ever have visual contact with the guy?. I have been in stores and hospitals ect, and if a male goes into the ladies, or visa versa it gets noticed. Was the store devoid of other people apart from the owner?.

I have only just started browsing this case, and will just ask the odd question now and then, I do not have the chance to sit by a computer allday, and will never have the time to catch up on this case, so if my questions seem obvious to others please disreguard them, but then again I may see things from a different perspective, I hope thats ok with everyone?.

If we remove the sex trade, what other motive would there be for them to kidnap a good looking American 23 year old woman off a ship?

Amy had green eyes. Is that a trait someone desired? To my knowledge, Green eyes are uncommon.

Breeding? Drug smuggling? or perhaps any other illegal activities which I won't mention because I don't even want to think it as a possibility in this case.

Just thinking out loud as to other possible motives.

you're exactly where i am - stuck between "why take the risk?" and "what other motive?" - they kidnapped someone who had family all around them and who would surely be noticed missing within an hour of taking her. that says one of two things to me - 1) that this wasn't as well thought out as others are giving credit. if you had a plan to kidnap someone on a ship in the next week or two you'd make damn sure it was someone who might not be noticed for half a day or more or 2) there was a reward worth the risk. someone was offering you a lot of money or giving you a good reason to take such a big risk.

if it's 1 above it makes sense that she got involved in something big without realizing the implications and they grabbed her without a grand plan. if it's 2 above then you have to ask who would want to kidnap her? in either case i don't think it's just "the sex trade". there's a million women out there who would never be missed. i'm sure a lot of them have caucasian skin and green eyes. to me, "the sex trade" or "breeding" doesn't sound like a realistic reason. if it's 1 above, then why keep her alive? you'd have to have infrastructure in place to guard her, hide her, feed her, etc. what are the chances of those things happening (her involved with someone or something or seeing the wrong thing and thus being a liability plus the bad guys having a secret kidnap lair where they can keep her plus the ability to get her off the ship without detection?). it's much more realistic to me that there was a reward to the bad guys for the risk. i don't think they were hardened experienced criminals. i think they were mostly just "lucky". just my 2 cents.

So THE witness is in the stall,she only had an audio quote to be witness too? did she ever have visual contact with the guy?. I have been in stores and hospitals ect, and if a male goes into the ladies, or visa versa it gets noticed. Was the store devoid of other people apart from the owner?.

I don't know if there were any other witnesses who saw a man going into the bathroom. If the bathroom was down a corridor, and nobody else was around, most likely this witness was the only person who saw a man going into the women's bathroom.

Anybody know what store they were in and what type it was? Was is a department store or small shop?

I don't know if there were any other witnesses who saw a man going into the bathroom. If the bathroom was down a corridor, and nobody else was around, most likely this witness was the only person who saw a man going into the women's bathroom.

Anybody know what store they were in and what type it was? Was is a department store or small shop?

The verified insider mentioned two possibilities upthread. (The witness said it was one of two stores.) When I have time later, I'll find it and post.

Do we know if the FBI/LE is researching the footprints of the adult websites? After so many years, do they only follow up when there's a tip called in? Hopefully they visit this forum.
I so admire y'all dedication to finding Amy!

Where is that picture of them in the disco, I can try to lighten that one too

This is the Cruise Ship Compilation Video, the man in question is at 2:06, 2:07 and 2:08, he is standing against the wall and then walks behind Amy and Yellow. Thank you so much for your effort!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqzW5QNmxk4"]Amy Bradley - Compilation - YouTube[/ame]

I've never been on a cruise so I'd appreciate any insight regarding the uniforms worn by crew/staff members. Do they all wear the same uniform regardless of their departments or their line of work? Or do they have specific uniforms sorted by colour for specific areas of duty?

TIA

Regarding Mrs. Bradley's photo receipt:

FindAmy stated at one point in this or the first thread that the photographer, upon discovering Amy's photos missing, said he had no idea where they went and he would get new copies to the Bradleys (and they never received them).

My thoughts on the subject:

1. I don't know if the Bradleys left the ship before a reasonable time for turnaround for new photo development passed, but...

2. I highly doubt that the photographer and/or Royal Caribbean were not provided with their home address for mailing the pictures.

3. Given how Royal Caribbean gave the Bradleys the runaround on everything else, that they never received the promised photos is not surprising, whether while they were still on the ship or back in Virginia.

A good line of investigation would be tracking down the photographer.

I've never been on a cruise so I'd appreciate any insight regarding the uniforms worn by crew/staff members. Do they all wear the same uniform regardless of their departments or their line of work? Or do they have specific uniforms sorted by colour for specific areas of duty?

TIA

The majority of the 12 cruises I have been on have been on Royal Caribbean. I have in fact sailed multiple times on the Rhapsody of the Seas, starting several years after Amy disappeared. It is sobering to be onboard that ship knowing the mystery and misery that occured there.

Crew members wear different uniforms. They are all to have nametags identifying them as crew members, but the uniforms are different according to their assignment. The entertainers usually do not have specific uniforms other than the attire their group is wearing while performing - some wear matching Hawaiian-style shirts, formal musicians wear suits, etc. I believe the crew rules have tightened quite a bit since this incident.

Yes the witness did see the handlers. She was able to provide info for sketches to be made of the handlers and they are located at the beginning if this thread

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Not sure of the exact store, but it is addressed in the first thread posted by FindAmy on 07/24, post # 159:

Amy was seen on March 1, 2005 in the bathroom of a Bridgetown, Barbados department store. The American witness can't remember if the store was Harrison's or Cave Shepherd. Amy was with a group of four men. This was a valid sighting.
The photographs show the shopping area of Bridgetown.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Could it be possible this protection order for the bradleys was for the royal caribbean lawyers? Especially since this protection order was attached to the lawsuit from what I understand. The verified insider did say the lawyers were very harassing trying to tell witnesses what they did and didnot see. They may have been this way with the bradleys also.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Cave Shepherd
The leading tax-free shopping centre in Barbados. At Cave Shepherd a world of internationally famous quality merchandise at unbelievable prices awaits you. Cosmetics, clothing, liquor, electronics, crystal and china.

Harrison's
Duty free retailer of cosmetics, jewellery, crystal, leather and fragrances. Harrison's has 11 locations -- including its two large stores on Broad Street and one each at the airport and the Cruise Ship Terminal -- offering luxury name-brand goods from the fashion corners of the world.

http://www.caribbeanedge.com/barbados/shopping/cave_shepherd.html

First time I've come across this particular link concerning Amy's case. Seems they all bring out similar information but with slight differences.

S&BBM - From: Unsolved Mysteries Wiki
Amy was last seen with a member of the cruise ship band, “Blue Orchid,” a person of note believed to have kidnapped her and sold her into the underground Caribbean prostitution ring around Curacao.

A Naval officer on Curacao believed he encountered Amy in a brothel asking for help. It is believed that natives of the islands have been masking drinks with date-rape drugs in order to kidnap and force them into prostitution.

http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/Amy_Bradley

I have never been able to understand how a judge could come up with a ruling of fraud against the Bradley's with respect to the civil suit against RC.

I don't think this has been posted before, and it may explain how this happened to the Bradley's.

S&BBM:
By DAN
November 17, 2005
The Sad Case Of Amy Bradley
I discussed the Amy Bradley story with one member of the MSM. They told me that the story had never gotten any real traction as it appeared Amy Bradley ran away of her own free will and at some point later fell into a life of, let us say, ill repute. I was also told that she had been found and contacted more than once, each time preferring to not be reunited with her family. That result was said to have undermined a lawsuit by the family against the cruise line. I’ve never been able to corroborate that information.

http://www.riehlworldview.com/2005/11/the_sad_case_of.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members