VA - Amy Bradley, 23, Petersburg, 24 March 1998 - #2 - ***READ FIRST POST***

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something else I guess I missed, not one search for Amy has ever been conducted? :shakehead:

S&BBM:
After Thirteen Years Mystery Still Surrounds Disappearance of Amy Lynn Bradley
By admin on August 8th, 2011
http://missingpersonsnetwork.org/20...-surrounds-disappearance-of-amy-lynn-bradley/

Though the FBI has conducted an extensive investigation, into Amy’s background, her friends, teachers, relatives, co-workers, employees, basketball coaches, her parents and brother were even polygraphed. Unfortunately, because Amy vanished outside of the US and lack of FBI jurisdiction in the Netherland Antilles, valuable leads have fallen through the cracks and never investigated. Not one search has ever been conducted.

I know it's been suggested that there were other reasons for Amy's kidnapping, but it seems to me that sex trafficking / forced prostitution is the most likely motive. That's really all you read about other than forced labor. I have just found nothing that could indicate it could be anything else. If anyone finds anything that suggests other possibilities, please post. TIA

Another thought, when women are considered too old for the sex industry, if they survive and are considered useful, maybe they are then used for other purposes?

According to a 2010 report conducted by the UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR), and published by the United States Department of State, the Netherland Antilles is a transit and destination point for women and children who are victims of forced prostitution in a multi-billion dollar industry. It is estimated approximately 80% of all prostitutes are foreigners.

The UN Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) lists the Netherlands as a top destination for victims of human and sex trafficking. Women who are coerced or kidnapped face inhumane conditions, extreme violence and multiple rapes to break their spirit. Victims are often threatened with death along with their family members should they try to escape; forced drug dependence is also common.

Reflecting on the days before Amy’s disappearance, Amy’s mother, Iva Bradley, recalls several members of the crew paying special attention to Amy from the moment they boarded the ship. The day preceding Amy’s disappearance, Amy’s parents were approached by a waiter who asked for Amy by name. The waiter said ‘they’ wanted to take Amy to Carlos and Charlie’s Restaurant while docked in Aruba. Her father recalls thinking the waiter’s request was uncomfortably forward. A short time later, Ron and Iva told their daughter what happened. Both parents are now haunted by Amy’s response, “I wouldn’t go and do anything with any of those crew members. They give me the creeps.”

Respectively snipped for link only.

This has been on my mind for a while. Here goes...

Regarding docking in Aruba - Amy stated:
“I wouldn’t go and do anything with any of those crew members. They give me the creeps.”

However, by the time they were heading to Curacao Alister D. had gain some assurance with Amy. I say this because we have video of Amy dancing with AD. In addition, she left her cabin approximately 5:30 AM. We know the last person she was seen with was AD. What are everyone's thoughts? How was he able to gain her trust after her statement to her parents? Did he separate himself from the other (waiter) crew members?

I have never been able to understand how a judge could come up with a ruling of fraud against the Bradley's with respect to the civil suit against RC.

I don't think this has been posted before, and it may explain how this happened to the Bradley's.

S&BBM:
By DAN
November 17, 2005

The Sad Case Of Amy Bradley
I discussed the Amy Bradley story with one member of the MSM. They told me that the story had never gotten any real traction as it appeared Amy Bradley ran away of her own free will and at some point later fell into a life of, let us say, ill repute. I was also told that she had been found and contacted more than once, each time preferring to not be reunited with her family. That result was said to have undermined a lawsuit by the family against the cruise line. I’ve never been able to corroborate that information.

http://www.riehlworldview.com/2005/1...d_case_of.html

Wow that is really interesting. I have also wondering how the Bradley's lost that case. I wonder were they got that information form. I have followed many missing persons cases where they do in fact come in contact with the missing person and that person says they do not want to be found, they do not want to return, etc. The missing person case is dropped. They are taken off all missing websites requested by LE. So I don't this could possibly be the case since she is still on missing websites and on the FBI website. So how could this stand up in court? This case is SO WEIRD!

Is there anyway that someone could capture the crew member in the disco walking behind Amy and Yellow and lighten? I would love to know if it is a crew member that has been shown on Websleuths before.
Not much here.

Attachments

• man wall 1.JPG
    man wall 1.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 38
Amy went to college on a full scholarship. What was the name of the scholarship? Who are it's backers? When was it originally set up? How many students does this same scholarship benefit per year?

She was awarded a full basketball scholarship; therefore, the scholarship must have been from Longwood University (where she graduated from).

"Amy Bradley was awarded a full basketball scholarship and graduated from Longwood University in Virginia with a degree in physical education."
http://www.amybradley.net/
The only student in the school's history to receive a full athletic scholarship at that time.

The only student in the school's history to receive a full athletic scholarship at that time.

THANK YOU!

Being a scholarship, I'm wondering if it's possible to see exactly who the people were that referred, recruited, voted and backed this scholarship... Trying to cover all angles. How many years did Amy attend college? 3, or 4? As a physical education major, I'm thinking maybe 4? What was her gpa?

Also, I wonder what her class placement was in hs.

I'm also looking at the history of Longwood and it's financial backing.

Again, only to be thorough. Please don't anyone look too far into my post bc it's just that - a post, bc I'm being thorough.

It's been reported on so many occasions that Amy is smart, so I'm wondering how smart. She majored in physical education, was this to be able to teach in a school setting?

Did Amy have a boyfriend or not?

Was she active in any clubs in college?

Besides basketball, what other sports did Amy favor?

Was Amy christened or baptized? If so, which religion?

In hs, was she a member of the NHS?

Did Amy volunteer for any causes?

Reflecting on the days before Amy’s disappearance, Amy’s mother, Iva Bradley, recalls several members of the crew paying special attention to Amy from the moment they boarded the ship. The day preceding Amy’s disappearance, Amy’s parents were approached by a waiter who asked for Amy by name. The waiter said ‘they’ wanted to take Amy to Carlos and Charlie’s Restaurant while docked in Aruba. Her father recalls thinking the waiter’s request was uncomfortably forward. A short time later, Ron and Iva told their daughter what happened. Both parents are now haunted by Amy’s response, “I wouldn’t go and do anything with any of those crew members. They give me the creeps.”

“I wouldn’t go and do anything with any of those crew members. They give me the creeps.”

However, by the time they were heading to Curacao Alister D. had gain some assurance with Amy. I say this because we have video of Amy dancing with AD. In addition, she left her cabin approximately 5:30 AM. We know the last person she was seen with was AD. What are everyone's thoughts? How was he able to gain her trust after her statement to her parents? Did he separate himself from the other (waiter) crew members?

I may be wrong, but I'm almost positive the verified insider clarified that Amy said the waiters gave her the creeps, not Douglas. Will try to find the post to be sure.

The picture of the guy is too blurry for my software, I can lighten the image, but you cant see any distinguishing characteristics

Wow that is really interesting. I have also wondering how the Bradley's lost that case. I wonder were they got that information form. I have followed many missing persons cases where they do in fact come in contact with the missing person and that person says they do not want to be found, they do not want to return, etc. The missing person case is dropped. They are taken off all missing websites requested by LE. So I don't this could possibly be the case since she is still on missing websites and on the FBI website. So how could this stand up in court? This case is SO WEIRD!

Same here, I don't get it either. This Riehl News Reporter states he got this info. from a reporter with MSM, though doesn't give a name. If it were true, why would the Bradley's continue to publicly search for Amy? It makes absolutely no sense, imo.
I have to suspect that this came from RC somehow, maybe they had contacted the MSM person and they took it as fact. But why the judge would buy it I don't have a clue, other than that RC made claims as such and he believed them?
If this is the case, it just sheds an even worse light on RC imo.

I may be wrong, but I'm almost positive the verified insider clarified that Amy said the waiters gave her the creeps, not Douglas. Will try to find the post to be sure.

Sorry for self-quoting, but I found it.

First, from josie (this thread, #167) -- respectfully snipped for focus:

I've been following this thread and didn't feel like I had anything to add but one thing that has stuck out to me is what Amy told her brother about "yellow"

am I right in saying that she told her brother that yellow was "creepy" (I have to agree,he just has a look about him) before she was dancing with him?

Then, 88keys replied in post #405:

Josie- I believe it was actually the Portuguese waiter that Amy found creepy. Not Yellow, the band member. The waiter's name and picture are in this thread somewhere, but I'm blanking on it right now.

Then, our verified insider confirmed in post #408:

You're right. The waiter was the one Amy thought was creepy. He was the one who wanted her to go to Carlos and Charlies.

Amy had commented that she thought Alister Douglas was hitting on her. Iva has told me that she noticed Douglas as part of the band. She was turned off by the way he was moving while he was performing. Iva's words were that the first time she laid eyes on him she felt very uncomfortable.

I don't know why Amy was dancing with Alister Douglas. Iva and Ron had gone to bed early because they were tired from driving around Aruba all day. I guess Amy and Brad were just being typical college aged kids on a vacation. After dinner, they did take part in a Limbo contest and then wandered to the upper deck disco area where they encountered Alister Douglas. The rest is history. They weren't drunk or influenced by any drugs. They returned to the room at about 3:30.

Regarding Mrs. Bradley's photo receipt:

FindAmy stated at one point in this or the first thread that the photographer, upon discovering Amy's photos missing, said he had no idea where they went and he would get new copies to the Bradleys (and they never received them).

My thoughts on the subject:

1. I don't know if the Bradleys left the ship before a reasonable time for turnaround for new photo development passed, but...

2. I highly doubt that the photographer and/or Royal Caribbean were not provided with their home address for mailing the pictures.

3. Given how Royal Caribbean gave the Bradleys the runaround on everything else, that they never received the promised photos is not surprising, whether while they were still on the ship or back in Virginia.

A good line of investigation would be tracking down the photographer.

Or maybe there is a traffiking ring onboard the cruise ship, what better way to find a prospective target than by taking pictures of all the passengers and selecting your prey? And also be in the best position to (lose) any negatives or pictures..

Your question is very interesting! I am thinking that the band on a cruise isn't actually considered a part of the crew, they are on contract to perform on the ship for a certain amount of time. JMO

So THE witness is in the stall,she only had an audio quote to be witness too? did she ever have visual contact with the guy?. I have been in stores and hospitals ect, and if a male goes into the ladies, or visa versa it gets noticed. Was the store devoid of other people apart from the owner?.

BBM. This is strictly my opinion, but I think we need to always remember to look at these events through the lens of the culture in which they happened. In the United States, a man being in the women's rest room would be noticed and immediately reported (hopefully security cameras would also capture the man's face).

I had a hunch and started researching Barbados and the culture of male dominance. My hunch was that -- even if someone saw the man either in the ladies' room or standing with the ladies' room door open -- it may not have been reported due to a possible cultural norm in Barbados of not questioning the actions of men. Here's an example of what I mean (parts bolded by me):

Social Relations:

Women in the lower end of the tourism sector are generally employed as casual workers, part-time and seasonal workers. Men are also found in the gender stereotypical roles of managers, technical persons and machine operators. Again, in conformity with global trends, women are used as sex objects within the industry. They are expected to be attractive and accommodating to male customers. In addition, they are further portrayed in a stereotypical way in brochures and other promotional materials.

There have been some positive developments. As mentioned before, the increased employment opportunities have created a sense of independence and have empowered women to negotiate for and enforce their rights within the family. Their increasing independence from their male partners has made their bargaining position stronger and has equipped them with a say in the critical decisions that shape their future. The advancing status of women generally has seen a parallel shift in the activities of men in areas that were previously dominated by women. These include the manufacture and sale of craft, other forms of vending and their personal and active involvement in the tourist sex trade.

These are recent positive developments. Ten years ago, women in Barbados weren't encouraged to make waves -- "just stand there and look pretty," etc. I'm speculating, but if a female employee saw him, she may have chosen to stay quiet for fear of losing her job. If a male employee saw him, he may have thought it was just a "stupid, disobedient" woman being kept in line. Even though the handler may not have been from Barbados, he would still have been a man operating in a culture that -- ten years ago -- valued and perpetuated male dominance. Again, just my opinion.

Source: http://www.genderandtrade.org/gtinformation/164419/164437/165009/barbados_tourism/

I worked for a major banking corp for years & whenever we had clients visit from the middle east & some parts of SA as well, I can vouch for that last statement as the male was always far more superior than the female...even if the female had a higher position.

I remember a CEO of a client from Pakistan was visiting & she was female, however had to walk behind her male employees that for all intents worked for her. It was customary. Same thing happened when we were setting up trade relations with Seychelles, males were dominant. Weird to me but not to those that live that custom. So if anybody saw that a guy was in the br, they may not have thought much unless the mannerisms belied his intent.

So THE witness is in the stall,she only had an audio quote to be witness too? did she ever have visual contact with the guy?. I have been in stores and hospitals ect, and if a male goes into the ladies, or visa versa it gets noticed. Was the store devoid of other people apart from the owner?.

Quoting again b/c I just caught the part BBM. Am going to have to do more searching, but I remember the verified insider saying the witness saw Amy b/c Amy pressed her face up against the crack of the bathroom stall and looked at the woman. The man then left the bathroom and the woman came out. She and Amy talked. The man then came back into the ladies' room, which is when the witness got a good look at him, which led to the sketch.

Will find the original post and repost it to back myself up.

Quoting again b/c I just caught the part BBM. Am going to have to do more searching, but I remember the verified insider saying the witness saw Amy b/c Amy pressed her face up against the crack of the bathroom stall and looked at the woman. The man then left the bathroom and the woman came out. She and Amy talked. The man then came back into the ladies' room, which is when the witness got a good look at him, which led to the sketch.

Will find the original post and repost it to back myself up.

I thought they just made eye contact - the females. I'm kinda thinking if the guy saw Amy press her eye against the crack then he would have double checked by doing the same thing. No?

Also, I wonder if there were any windows in the bathroom. I know it's a store but many do have frosted high up windows in the restrooms. Sorta makes me wonder if that's why the guy walked her in, to make sure she couldn't run...

I thought they just made eye contact - the females. I'm kinda thinking if the guy saw Amy press her eye against the crack then he would have double checked by doing the same thing. No?

No. :)

The witness was in the stall when the door opened and she heard the man's voice. The witness immediately pulled her feet up so as not to be seen b/c she was afraid. The man told the woman identified as Amy to make sure the place was empty. The words "pressed her face against" were definitely used. She said the stall was empty and the man left. That's when the witness came out of the stall and the two women spoke. I will find the post so that you will believe me. If you have a post stating differently, feel free to repost it and I'll stand corrected.

Also, I wonder if there were any windows in the bathroom. I know it's a store but many do have frosted high up windows in the restrooms. Sorta makes me wonder if that's why the guy walked her in, to make sure she couldn't run...

Can't help you with that one, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members