VA - Amy Bradley, 23, Petersburg, 24 March 1998 - #2 - ***READ FIRST POST***

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amy went to college on a full scholarship. What was the name of the scholarship? Who are it's backers? When was it originally set up? How many students does this same scholarship benefit per year?

http://www.nytimes.com/1998/11/16/u...nce-shrouds-crimes.html?pagewanted=all&src=pm

The above article is one that I found very interesting about cruise ship crimes and the stance of the Cruise lines themselves written in November, 1998! It is long but worth a skim anyway. It is just hard for me to think that a business, supposedly trying to make a safe and fun vacation for their guest, could have such a callous attitude towards the safety of their passengers. It is all about the money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This pertains to the sighting of Amy at the shopping mall restroom in Barbados.
The witness stated that while she was hiding in the bathroom stall, she overheard the man with Amy make a statement like, and this is paraphrased, "you had better not ***** this up, this is my deal" .

So the man was in the ladies rest room, would that in its self not look a bit suspicious?... jmo

So the man was in the ladies rest room, would that in its self not look a bit suspicious?... jmo

I agree. It certainly is suspicious. But if nobody noticed besides the witness, nobody would know.

I wonder if these men were friendly with the owner of the store. Anybody know the name of the store Amy was seen in by the witness?

Yes, that's my thought bc that investigator guy went to jail... Wonder how many more there are.

From Thread 1, Post 939:

Judith Margaritha was asking for money as she led the Bradleys along. She implicated people who are completely innocent. At one point, she called by telephone to report that she was watching Amy eat pizza at the Pizza Hut. It's horrible. I don't have a lot of faith in most of the reports coming from Curacao. I absolutely believe that there are people in Curacao who know where Amy is, but they aren't saying anything.

(...)

People still try to con the Bradleys. Very recently, a woman from New York reported an elaborate tale about how she had recently seen Amy in Curacao. It was a very elaborate story. Ultimately, the goal was to get the Bradleys to sign papers that would have given this person access to certain funds. A man from California tried a similar con last year. All of these con attempts are turned over to the FBI.

From Thread 1, Post 939:

I find that so amzingly sad
But unfortunately, there are always people who take advantage of people who have been hurt
Maybe thats why i just have to ask questions
As a person who is not on the inside, I simpley need to know the facts
Not much of A FOLLOWER

And i need to say , this very heartbreaking case has caught my attention
I intend to think about what i have been given to work with

This may p#@@ people off, but I may disagree
I do not plan on being told how to think

I will need to ask questions
Those who know me will get that

My hope is that this family will find peace one day
I can't even imagine their pain

Delete if you must

So, Why is Findamy listed as an inactive member? I thought she was an insider on this case who knew the family? Did I miss something?

From this thread, Post 646, SoSueMe (WS mod) wrote:

The Amy Bradley thread is now re-open for discussion.

Our verified member FindAmy will be taking a break from Websleuths. FindAmy has provided WS with a lot of good information and direction in this case.

FindAmy came to WS with stellar recommendations and we thank FA for their time and contributions. Members, please review and follow along the path FindAmy set forth in the preceding threads.

Although the information provided by FindAmy may be discusssed, please keep in mind that discussing other members on WS is a violation of our Terms of Service (TOS) and may not be discussed.

We see a lot of good sleuthing in this case and we're more than pleased that a lot of our members have chosen this case to follow, research and sleuth.

Please continue and thank you!

right, but to my knowledge no one has ever asked her family for anything, nor has there ever been a ransom demand or any type of intentional release of information showing she is still alive (the pictures and the sightings are all far from intentionally giving information to her family that she's alive). if they kidnapped her for the sex trade, then why her and not someone who would go unnoticed missing? even if you wanted someone from that ship, why someone who has parents and a brother sharing a room with them and not someone on spring break who might not be missed for a few days? it doesn't add up.

if she was kidnapped for the sex trade, what's the long con? why go to that effort when it's easy to find someone willing to go into that business who doesn't need constant guarding, to be hidden from sight, etc etc?

If we remove the sex trade, what other motive would there be for them to kidnap a good looking American 23 year old woman off a ship?

Amy had green eyes. Is that a trait someone desired? To my knowledge, Green eyes are uncommon.

Breeding? Drug smuggling? or perhaps any other illegal activities which I won't mention because I don't even want to think it as a possibility in this case.

Just thinking out loud as to other possible motives.

From Thread 1, Post 939:

I think it's sick & when the time comes for Amy to have her own dedicated thread that can be broken down into several sub threads under it, I wholeheartedly think the<Mod Snip> that tried to take advantage of her family should be outed in a thread dedicated to theirselves! Maybe title it Those That Conned The Bradleys...or something like that. Let the world know what disgusting people they are. It's criminal as well as heartless.

I'll never in my life understand how some people are just born like that. I mean seriously... It's sickening.

I've seen this quote before, but I noticed something this time that I wanted to bring up. I saw it on the International Cruise Victims website but I know I have seen it on other sites and it is a quote from Amy's mom:

"During the party, Amy and I went to the 4th deck to look at the photos that had been taken after dinner that evening. ALL of Amy’s photos were missing! We asked the person in charge of the gallery where Amy’s pictures would be posted. He said he remembered placing them with the other photos taken at the same time, but acknowledged he couldn’t find them either. I asked him if he could have them redeveloped and he agreed, claiming they would be available the next day. In my possession, I still have the ticket for the redevelopment of those photos."

http://www.internationalcruisevictims.org/LatestMemberStories/Amy_Lynn_Bradley.html

BBM - Why would she hang on to the ticket for redevelopment of the photos? You would think that after Amy went missing an effort would be made to get those photos that disappeared redeveloped. The most obvious reason for those photos disappearing is because there is something in those photos that some didn't want seen. I'm wondering if Amy's family was ever able to get copies made. Did I miss this somewhere?

BBM - Why would she hang on to the ticket for redevelopment of the photos? You would think that after Amy went missing an effort would be made to get those photos that disappeared redeveloped. The most obvious reason for those photos disappearing is because there is something in those photos that some didn't want seen. I'm wondering if Amy's family was ever able to get copies made. Did I miss this somewhere?[/QUOTE]

i think thats what the mother was saying she never had a chance to give the ticket because the photos couldnt be redeveloped because the negitives were missing as well so instead of being able to hand over the ticket in exchange for the redeveloped photos she was left with just the ticket.

BBM - Why would she hang on to the ticket for redevelopment of the photos? You would think that after Amy went missing an effort would be made to get those photos that disappeared redeveloped. The most obvious reason for those photos disappearing is because there is something in those photos that some didn't want seen. I'm wondering if Amy's family was ever able to get copies made. Did I miss this somewhere?

i think thats what the mother was saying she never had a chance to give the ticket because the photos couldnt be redeveloped because the negitives were missing as well so instead of being able to hand over the ticket in exchange for the redeveloped photos she was left with just the ticket.[/QUOTE]

That is my take on it too
If the negatives had been available, i would think LE would have had copies
Perhaps they do.. not everything is given to the press or the parents, JMo

AOL Instant Messenger
Yahoo! Messenger
MSM Messenger
mIRC (internet relay chat, wow I'm really showing my age here).

Yes, people got pretty freaky in those chat rooms. :) There were also online forums for just about everything, just like there are now. And I believe newsgroups were still around at the time. (really really showing my age now....)

There was no Facebook at the time, and I don't think MySpace had really reached it's peak yet.

I remember those days. People would go in yahoo chat rooms and talk to strangers. And AOL messenger to talk to friends. People would keep their AOL messenger logged in constantly! So if Amy used internet chatting it would probably be these two.

This is the best I could do with the photo...

Attachments

• dinner_lightened.jpg
    dinner_lightened.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 54
Is there anyway that someone could capture the crew member in the disco walking behind Amy and Yellow and lighten? I would love to know if it is a crew member that has been shown on Websleuths before.

Where is that picture of them in the disco, I can try to lighten that one too

Amy went to college on a full scholarship. What was the name of the scholarship? Who are it's backers? When was it originally set up? How many students does this same scholarship benefit per year?

She was awarded a full basketball scholarship; therefore, the scholarship must have been from Longwood University (where she graduated from).

"Amy Bradley was awarded a full basketball scholarship and graduated from Longwood University in Virginia with a degree in physical education."
http://www.amybradley.net/

i think thats what the mother was saying she never had a chance to give the ticket because the photos couldnt be redeveloped because the negitives were missing as well so instead of being able to hand over the ticket in exchange for the redeveloped photos she was left with just the ticket.

I assumed that it was because they left the ship and never had the opportunity to pick-up the photos. I hadn't heard that the negatives were missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member