VA - Amy Bradley, 23, Petersburg, 24 March 1998 - #2 - ***READ FIRST POST***

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last but not least, Y seems to be the most obvious person of interest in this case but yet for whatever reason, he's able to go on with an alleged inconclusive or passed polygraph even though he was the last one to have been seen with Amy.

I don't get it. Why aren't they pursuing him?

Respectfully snipped to provide more info about one of your questions. I found this on Thread #1 in case it helps -- a different member asked almost the same question, and this was the insider's response:

Originally Posted by danzn16
If one of the handlers was identified as Alister Douglas then how has he not been questioned further or arrested? Also how can these sightings be confirmed that it is in fact Amy and not just someone that looks like her? I am not trying to be skeptical, I am just trying to understand how that works.

Originally Posted by FindAmy
The Canadians did not immediately report the sighting of Amy with Alister Douglas. They delayed the reports until they were back in Canada. Our FBI has limited authority in these foreign countries and usually only by invitation. The FBI can't arrest someone because a Canadian reported seeing the person with Amy Bradley in Curacao, after the fact.

Alister Douglas was questioned by the FBI when Amy disappeared from the cruise ship. He is the last person who was seen with Amy. His polygraph was not conclusive. There has never been any proof or evidence that Amy was actually kidnapped from Rhapsody of the Seas, so Alister Douglas has never been arrested for kidnapping or trafficking. Alister Douglas was fired from Royal Caribbean after Amy disappeared.

Source: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8189354"]SPOTLIGHT CASE VA - Amy Bradley, 23, Petersburg, 24 March 1998 - Page 7 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Or maybe there is a traffiking ring onboard the cruise ship, what better way to find a prospective target than by taking pictures of all the passengers and selecting your prey? And also be in the best position to (lose) any negatives or pictures..
Yes, the working theory on why Amy's pictures disappeared is that she was selected and her pictures were pulled by her abductors.

The photographer according to verified insider FindAmy seemed to be genuinely baffled as to why the pics of Amy were missing.

Regardless of who stole the pictures and if the negatives were taken as well, given the obstruction Royal Caribbean performed in the case in order to hide its own negligence and liability, that it and its employee never followed through on sending copies or sending an explanation on why copies were not being sent to the Bradleys is hardly surprising.

BBM ... The verified insider said many times that the last verified sighting shared with the public was in 2005. We cannot assume there have not been other sightings; in fact, the insider definitely alluded to post-2005 sightings, but said (IIRC) s/he couldn't share information about them because its an active federal investigation and to discuss them could sabotage the work of the FBI and place Amy in direct harm.

Sorry. I'm not buying that. IMO, it makes no sense to have the sightings exposed early on when her safety was at risk but now it suddenly becomes we can't say because it's an active investigation? Wasn't it an active investigation then too? Wouldn't her life have been in much greater danger then when it was so high profile than it would now? If there was a sighting why would they not tell the public where so they could look out for her.

What changed from then to now that it suddenly became top secret?:waitasec:

Sorry. I'm not buying that. IMO, it makes no sense to have the sightings exposed early on when her safety was at risk but now it suddenly becomes we can't say because it's an active investigation? Wasn't it an active investigation then too? Wouldn't her life have been in much greater danger then when it was so high profile than it would now? If there was a sighting why would they not tell the public where so they could look out for her.

What changed from then to now that it suddenly became top secret?:waitasec:

I absolutely agree with your thoughts on this

Respectfully snipped to provide more info about one of your questions. I found this on Thread #1 in case it helps -- a different member asked almost the same question, and this was the insider's response:

Source: SPOTLIGHT CASE VA - Amy Bradley, 23, Petersburg, 24 March 1998 - Page 7 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Maybe I'm misunderstanding her post .....
Amy was listed as missing. A Canadian reports a sighting and the FBI can't question the Canadian because Canada is a foreign country? Did I get that right? Personally, I think that is totally untrue. Canada and the US are allies and we work together in criminal cases all the time.

I honestly don't understand that post. Yes, they can't arrest him without evidence but they could have questioned him about the sighting.

:waitasec:

And JMO , if they can link people taking pictures to Amy's "captors" without detaining them (VP stated that the rental car was found abandoned but LE confirmed a link to the "captors/handlers") ...

then I think 2+2 = 4 , so LE must know who the captors are , if indeed they linked the photographers to "them"

I get the vibe that the FBI knows exactly what happened to Amy, but they have no real authority in the Caribbean so they can't do anything about it. JMO.

Amy was listed as missing. A Canadian reports a sighting and the FBI can't question the Canadian because Canada is a foreign country? Did I get that right? Personally, I think that is totally untrue. Canada and the US are allies and we work together in criminal cases all the time.

I honestly don't understand that post. Yes, they can't arrest him without evidence but they could have questioned him about the sighting.

Do we know if Zaglanitis was ever questioned? I don't recall if that was stated?

Do we know if Zaglanitis was ever questioned? I don't recall if that was stated?

I don't think they know where he is. We don't even know what he looks like. Just to clarify, the post you quoted me on was about Y and not AZ.

I don't think they know where he is. We don't even know what he looks like. Just to clarify, the post you quoted me on was about Y and not AZ.

Geez, now I'm confused. Y was not Canadian. What Canadian are you referring to? :waitasec:

I agree with Chorley 8 concerning lady in red. She looked rather serious for a woman twirling and swirling the dance away,(in close proximity to a woman who , within hours would vanish).A distraction, from a transaction?
What is in her left hand, a big ring, a smoke,a note, or is she "flipping the bird"?
having difficuklty getting it to line up now, but approx. at 0.9 - 10

Dotr you probably (and hopefully!) have better eyes than me I can't really see anything in the left hand maybe someone can help.

I may be wrong, but I'm almost positive the verified insider clarified that Amy said the waiters gave her the creeps, not Douglas. Will try to find the post to be sure.

yes it was definitely the waiters that the verified insider said gave Amy the creeps. There has been much confusion between the waiters and Yellow and the creeps. I was reprimanded by the verified insider for mistaking that it was Yellow and corrected. lol. But I feel better that since this thread has become active that others also get confused so it's not just me!! lol. So I know for sure it was the WAITERS that were creepy to Amy, not Yellow.

Same here, I don't get it either. This Riehl News Reporter states he got this info. from a reporter with MSM, though doesn't give a name. If it were true, why would the Bradley's continue to publicly search for Amy? It makes absolutely no sense, imo.
I have to suspect that this came from RC somehow, maybe they had contacted the MSM person and they took it as fact. But why the judge would buy it I don't have a clue, other than that RC made claims as such and he believed them?
If this is the case, it just sheds an even worse light on RC imo.

They could believe that their Amy would never say or do something like this and believe she was forced to say this so they continue to look for her. However I do not believe LE and the FBI would continue to search. And yes I don't know why the judge would buy it either!

Maybe I'm confused but I thought the sources of the photos were already determined and the FBI have located the individuals and they were questioned and denied any involvement with this case. My understanding is they did not know how the photos appeared on their website and the location where the photos were allegedly taken was checked out and does not exist.

So my question is why is the focus still on PB and AZ? Do we think they lied to the FBI? Would the FBI just take their word for it?

I agree with the poster who asked what our role is. It appears the FBI should be the ones following up on all these leads but they're not getting anywhere. Why? Surely they have much better intelligence devices than we do.

IMO, I think our focus should be on locating the suspects on the sketches. Perhaps that approach could lead us to the source.

The big big problem is:

These men are now in their 50's. The sketches are over 8 years old (?) Amy's sketch is also outdated.

There haven't been any Amy sightings in years. Why? Why were they so "visible" for a while and then it stopped? Did they finally achieve what they wanted out of Amy? Are her handlers dead or in prison? Did they hide Amy or kill her?

Last but not least, Y seems to be the most obvious person of interest in this case but yet for whatever reason, he's able to go on with an alleged inconclusive or passed polygraph even though he was the last one to have been seen with Amy.

I don't get it. Why aren't they pursuing him?

BBM

hmm you make an excellent point that I hadn't realized yet. We are not allowed to talk about angles that have not been ruled out by the FBI. But we were told to sleuth people that have been ruled out by the FBI? Weird. Crazy that I haven't realized this until now!! You are one smart cookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzn16
If one of the handlers was identified as Alister Douglas then how has he not been questioned further or arrested? Also how can these sightings be confirmed that it is in fact Amy and not just someone that looks like her? I am not trying to be skeptical, I am just trying to understand how that works.
Originally Posted by FindAmy
The Canadians did not immediately report the sighting of Amy with Alister Douglas. They delayed the reports until they were back in Canada. Our FBI has limited authority in these foreign countries and usually only by invitation. The FBI can't arrest someone because a Canadian reported seeing the person with Amy Bradley in Curacao, after the fact.

Alister Douglas was questioned by the FBI when Amy disappeared from the cruise ship. He is the last person who was seen with Amy. His polygraph was not conclusive. There has never been any proof or evidence that Amy was actually kidnapped from Rhapsody of the Seas, so Alister Douglas has never been arrested for kidnapping or trafficking. Alister Douglas was fired from Royal Caribbean after Amy disappeared.

I think it was meant that the FBI couldn't arrest Yellow because Canadians said to have saw him in another country weeks prior. That the FBI had no jurisdiction in Curacao. It sounds to me like the did talk to the Canadian witness just not to Yellow. But the verified insider has said this sighting was absolutely verified and it was Yellow. Although in all the missing persons cases I have ever followed if a missing person or a person of interest is seen and not recorded on tape it is stated "person matching description". I was always under the impression a sighting could never be verified with out a quality video recording of some type and identifying characteristics could be made out. I did not think witness accounts could be verified sightings unless there was something extraordinarily identifying about the person's appearance, etc. This is why I have asked what makes a sighting verified because as in the case of Asha Degree who has been missing for 13 years sightings are called in to LE daily and they have always been false. Every time. That is thousands of false sightings. For the most part, most witnesses mean well and truly want to help but we are humans and you all know court cases are perfect examples of how much error there are in witness testimonies. So I am confused on how we know these sightings are definitely Amy or definitely Yellow, except in the one sighting when Amy's tattoo's were visible.

How often do cruise lines go off to secluded spots for private, offshore excursions, anyway, where do they do it, and is there anything else possibly going on?
Luxury Cruise Ship Docks On Private Haitian Beach, Just 60 Miles From Devastation

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/18/luxury-cruise-ship-docks_n_427247.html

BoingBoing reported this morning on a Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines ship that made its scheduled docking at a private beach.

s-HAITI-CRUISE-large.jpg

Dotr you probably (and hopefully!) have better eyes than me I can't really see anything in the left hand maybe someone can help.

Actually, it was at 0.11, two men, one in blue observing, seems to look at lady in red.In looking again (with reading glasses, 150 computer magnified and a magnifying glass, I must say that the effect first observed, may be hand /finger distortion- sorry for possible time waste,but still just in case- something seems funny,intense.Could it be a competition for y attention?

What happened to Rebecca Coriam?

One year ago tomorrow, twenty-four year old Rebecca Coriam disappeared from the Disney Wonder. Rebecca worked aboard the Wonder as a youth counselor.
She was responsible for taking care of the children aboard the cruise ship. Rebecca was last seen just before dawn on March 22, 2011, and then she did not report to work at 9.00 AM. Disney Cruise Line listed Rebecca as "missing at sea."

rebeccacoriam(chesterchronicle)(3)(2).jpg

http://www.cruiselawnews.com/2012/0...n-the-disney-wonder-cruise-ship-one-year-ago/

Universities

Plymouth University based in Exeter (Sports Science)
Liverpool Hope University (Childhood studies in youth, philosophy & Psychology)

Rebecca’s hobbies included:

Running
Cycling
Swimming
Basketball
Reading
Exercise and Keeping fit
Walking Jessie
Shopping
Horse Riding
http://www.rebecca-coriam.com/story-so-far/

The Candians wanted to help. They made the report. However, the FBI can't run off and arrest Y based on this (and I agree if Curacao okayed the FBI's participation they could presumably talk w/ y). Otherwise they have no rights in Curacao. In place of 'Canadian' couple you could say American, English, Chinese, etc. Their nationality isn't really relevant.
HTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member