VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We now have new info via texasequusearch telling us there were text messages between AJ's phone and JH's phone between 3pm MONDAY, March 2 and 4:30am TUESDAY March 3rd, believed not to be AJ. Who gave this info to them? I have no idea. Is it a typo? I have no idea. Did it actually happen? I have no idea.

I'm floored and fed up with the BS and conflicting info/timelines in this case. It's hard enough to follow and attempt to work a case when the parents are 100% upfront, but it's genuinely impossible to offer any help when folks keep changing their stories & timelines.

...........sigh............ In the timeless words (well in my family anyway) of my great aunt Emma......... "well, hell"

I am still behind several pages, but how do we know this is a list of missing items? They could be items that were seized, or damaged, or found, or a bunch of other things. We can't go assuming it's a list of missing items.

I would also caution against assuming anything, but one does have to ask "why are these specific items mentioned on, and in connection with, a missing persons report?"

JH filed this report. So for whatever reason in HER MIND, these things mattered to her, in direct connection with AJ turning up missing. If she hadn't of mentioned them, they would never be on this report.

Calling it a night. My heart is with AJ, wherever she is.

So in the initial statement to LE, there was NO MENTION of the gas station meeting? Why not? Did WH not tell JH about his lunchtime meet up with AJ? Or did they agree not to tell LE about it?

I'm really starting to believe that JH didn't know about any noon meeting between AJ and WH at this gas station. Why? Because he made it up on the fly. Never happened, imo. But that still leaves us with why JH would continue to stand by WH knowing damned good and well he lied about that?

Things that make you go "hmmmmm", eh?

I am still behind several pages, but how do we know this is a list of missing items? They could be items that were seized, or damaged, or found, or a bunch of other things. We can't go assuming it's a list of missing items.

This is a missing person report...not a search warrant. Nothing was seized or damaged.

I don't believe the time. I believe it was the first time given to police, but based on how often the stories have changed I don't lend much credit.

The BAJHFB page has a post specifically targeted at clearing up "misinformation" today says the last time she was seen was Monday at lunch, last time heard from was Tuesday at 5:30 am.

But what about the sightings by the 2 neighbors at 2 pm???????

I'm really starting to believe that JH didn't know about any noon meeting between AJ and WH at this gas station. Why? Because he made it up on the fly. Never happened, imo. But that still leaves us with why JH would continue to stand by WH knowing damned good and well he lied about that?

Things that make you go "hmmmmm", eh?

Before JH called in the MISSING report, she obviously had to discuss in detail, who saw AJ last and when. She surely would have talked to WH and asked if he had heard from her. Why wouldn't he have told her about his lunchtime meeting? Either he had something to hide OR it never happened. JMO :cow:

Not sure what you are asking. There are different categories of striations...some particular to a type of gun, some particular to an individual gun. If you are asking if a spent bullet from a victim could be compared to the same type of bullet fired from a gun similar to the gun used in the crime...then the answer is both yes and no. It could be compared for type and manufacturer striations, but it couldn't be tied to a particular gun, nor could it be tied to the unspent ammo WH was found with.

Not an expert on this at all, so anyone who cares to correct me, feel free.

The only thing I would add is that in order to tie a spent round to a specific gun, that gun would need to be in police custody and have a round fired from it. The marks created by the rifling on the police-fired round would then be compared to the suspected round for a match. Without the original weapon, the best police could do is potentially narrow it down to a manufacturer but not to a specific gun (like matching it to a serial number, then cross-referencing it to an owner).

Before JH called in the MISSING report, she obviously had to discuss in detail, who saw AJ last and when. She surely would have talked to WH and asked if he had heard from her. Why wouldn't he have told her about his lunchtime meeting? Either he had something to hide OR it never happened. JMO :cow:

Or....there's more to the story. I'm inclined to believe there is more to this. AJ threatens to leave, mom threatens to call the cops if she does, but AJ goes anyway. WH is trying to cover for both JH and AJ.

From all reports and descriptions, from all indications, AJ would not have just taken off without letting someone know where she was. That all by itself sheds doubt on any reason JH might have had for delaying calling the police, unless she knew/knows more than she's letting on. At 20 and home visiting my father after living away from him for 2 years, if he didn't hear from me after a few hours, he was blowing up my phone, just to make sure I was ok. That part of the story (along with most everything else) is still fishy to me.

The only thing I would add is that in order to tie a spent round to a specific gun, that gun would need to be in police custody and have a round fired from it. The marks created by the rifling on the police-fired round would then be compared to the suspected round for a match. Without the original weapon, the best police could do is potentially narrow it down to a manufacturer but not to a specific gun (like matching it to a serial number, then cross-referencing it to an owner).
And the suspected round would have to be recovered from a victim, right?

This is a missing person report...not a search warrant. Nothing was seized or damaged.

But we can't see the status code, and "missing" isn't even an option for a status if you look at the heading to the list. We don't know that an officer said "and what else did you notice missing?" I just don't see the benefit in assuming that. It's probably standard to ask certain questions; what was she last seen wearing, did she have a purse/phone/wallet, was anything damaged or out of place, are there any weapons in the house; but we don't know, we can't know what the list means. I wish the info weren't redacted, but there must be a reason it was.

And the suspected round would have to be recovered from a victim, right?

If a round is recovered from a victim and traced back to the same batch of bullets in a box that was reported missing as part of the victim's original missing persons report and later found hidden in the HVAC of a hotel room of a person with a close connection to the victim and a long history of violent crime against women who later told police "you'll never find the gun" after they located the bullets, I'd say that's pretty strong circumstantial evidence even without the actual weapon. It's probably not enough to convict by itself, but it would certainly be evidence.

So the bad thing here is we dont have clear timelines that the public knows, absolutely nothing at all from mom to help find AJ we cant confirm her clothes, there's no clear motive, no body ([emoji17] sorry) no murdervweapon...no truths...no nothing. This is bad. I know cops have way more and arelooking at all possibilities now but there is absolutely no info that would help people organize searches or anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Zach, I am guessing this is in regards to the green truck I was asking about? Just a heads up, click reply with quote, so when read by others, it can be read with what you are replying too.. Thanks for the response!

You can see the truck clearly on Google Earth. Its a green Ford Explorer with a red trailer behind it. Hope that helps but not sure what bearing, if any, it would have on the case now.

I hope this doesn't turn into a cold case-how long does that take? Thank goodness for social media-lots of FACTS (lol) have been presented. Hope interviews are still being conducted.
Tight tight timeline is the key in my opinion. And yes, I will repeat-motive, means and opportunity. People need to be re-interviewed over and over.The jaded phrase 'someone knows something' stands true.

I just watched Web Of Lies.

It sounds so familiar.

Where are you AJ?

I went over the case again tonight, paying particular attention to the location where the credit card was located and where WH says her phone pinged on Tidewater Drive. There was also a search conducted near there at 8440 Tidewater drive on March 13 but I am unaware if anything was found.

My start point was 8331 Halprin drive (close enough without giving away the actual location) and the end point was Wine and Cake Hobbies Inc. which is one of the closest businesses to where the search was conducted.

I was given three possible routes using the direction tool in Google Earth.

The first was South on Halprin with a right onto Little Creek Drive and then a left onto Tidewater Drive. This route was 3.9 miles and is estimated at 9 minutes. This route goes right by America's Best Value Inn.

The second route was South on Halprin, right onto Little Creek Drive, a left onto Chesapeake, a right on Joyner, a left onto Sewers and finally a right onto Tidewater Drive. 3.9 miles and 10 minutes This route also goes right by Americas Best Value Inn.

The third route starts out going South on Halprin, continuing onto Johnstons Rd, left on Chesapeake, right onto Joyner, left onto Sewells, right onto Widgeon Rd and finally a right onto Tidewater Drive. bypasses America's Best Value Inn.

Just putting this out there in case any locals want to drive these routes and see if they see anything out of the ordinary. I believe any of the three would be the most direct routes between the two points mentioned in the beginning of my post.

**** I think its also interesting to note that the most direct route to 4000 Battlefield Blvd is along the first route I posted.

Wait, wait, wait! A number of messages from Anjelica's phone were received by her mom's phone between 3 p.m. and 4:30 a.m. Tuesday, March 3rd - not believed to be from Anjelica.

WHEN was she reported missing??? >>>> Tuesday after 9 p.m. (Shaking my head) And she was supposedly last *seen* on Monday morning at 7-7:30 a.m. ??? Am I reading this right??!! So, by the time the missing persons report was filed, she hadn't been *seen* for approximately 38 hours (give or take), coupled with text messages received by her mom's phone, not believed to be from Anjelica, for a period of 13 hours (give or take), to then report her missing for 17 hours after that??!! I guess not filing a missing persons report for 38 hours isn't in itself disturbing, BUT that coupled with 13 hours or so of receiving text messages - not believed to be from Anjelica - might have made a person a little more concerned for her safety, wouldn't it??
While these text messages were being received - not believed to be from Anjelica - did anyone try CALLING her phone I wonder? I guess cell phone records can prove whether they did or not.

I would absolutely be MORE freaked out if someone was texting me with my daughters cell and I did not believe it was her. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand