VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone recall that name being mentioned anywhere before today?
I'm going to answer this as best I can. The name was visible, but it's doubtful anyone here would have attached significance to it. And it still may be irrelevant to the disappearance. We don't know what we don't know.

I'm going to answer this as best I can. The name was visible, but it's doubtful anyone here would have attached significance to it. And it still may be irrelevant to the disappearance. We don't know what we don't know.

Yes, it very well could be, but i have a hard time believing in coincidences. ;-) ... JMO

<modsnip>

I was just pointing out there are other bodies of water in the area close by <modsnip>

I agree here. There must have been a reason to search that particular pong but there are ponds that are so close by, why not search those?

wow there are a lot of guests viewing this thread.

wow there are a lot of guests viewing this thread.

Good, i hope there're some guests in here from today's new search area, and that now that they are aware of the case, can help search for clues and/or evidence!!! Don't be afraid to register and chime in. There are many locals here, new to this forum and site!

Joe Fisher on http://wavy.com/livestream/

Search still going on at the pond on private property, and will have more details at 5 pm.
Screenshot 2015-04-03 at 4.03.33 PM.jpg

OT
Amazing great news story about Coast Guard save of a resilient sailor, worth watching too.

btw, you amazing sleuthers all, this thread is something to be proud of for you. I do my best thinking often when challenged, as do all, is my impression, so bravo for the saucy thinking here, thank you.

Wes needs company. So who out there is about to join him for helping him.

On the 4pm WAVY forecast the neighbor Steven Hines he said that he saw a work truck like WH's about 1 1/2 - 2 weeks it was Quality Plumbing saw it come by and go up there to her driveway and turn around and go back out.

I'm sure I'm not the only one but it REALLY bothers me how msm keep calling WH "Anjelica's father". I don't care if he did legally adopt her.

moo.

It's pretty clear what a huge percentage of people believe he IS her bio-father thanks to the MSM pretty much only using "father" and never mentioning anything else, let alone what a short amount of time he really has been in her life!

Under nearly every article or MSM FB post when someone mentions "step-father" or "adopted" or even a vague reference to him not being AJ's bio father then there are a string of people with "What?!" or "Seriously?" type questions/comments/exclamations and then them asking why that hasn't been more clear since the beginning.

Pretty crazy that even a month into this it's still so minimally or loosely referenced that so many people are still finding WH being a much more recent presence in AJ's life to be a completely new bit of info and yet apparently the media still don't realize maybe they ought to mention that at least periodically if so many of their readers/viewers don't know it! :scared:

In media reports, WH has been referred to as AJ's *father*, *step-father* and *adoptive father*. Depends which one an individual happens to be reading or watching.

Personally, I do not know which of the above mentioned familial relationships is the legal one.

Some have mentioned here and I've also wondered myself whether a *legal name change* took place rather than an actual adoption. At this point, I do not know.

I had thought there had been prior posts from Zach (verified insider) about this particular subject, but I did a quick scroll through his profile posts and didn't find it. His posts begin on 3/23/15 although I thought he began posting prior to that date? If you know where he stated something about this, please respond and direct me to it. :)

But, IF WH did in fact complete the adoption process, he would legally be her father.

Adoption: "It is a social and legal process which gives new parent(s) the same rights and obligations as biological parents.", according to the Virginia Department of Social Services.

https://www.dss.virginia.gov/family/ap/index.cgi

The same link above has this information:

"In a non-agency placement, the birth parents or legal guardian(s) consent to the adoption, and parental rights are terminated by entry of the final order of adoption."

BUT, there is more to it than the above quotes. The process can be very complicated.

Now, this link http://www.livesaymyers.com/stepparent-adoption-in-virginia/ pertains to Stepparent Adoption in Virginia and offers more information on these situations and the process. More explanation is provided concerning the process regarding a biological parent. The link is worth the read.

NOTE: Nothing in this post is intended to negate the role of AJ's biological father or intended to negate the role of Zach as a stepfather to AJ for many years according to Zach's blog http://riverraging.blogspot.com/2015/03/today-anjelica.html.

And, since I personally have no real factual information about AJ's and WH's relationship; good, bad or otherwise...I personally don't negate or discount the parental role he played.

JH hasn't stated anything publicly that I've seen in this regard either. So, I do not know.

Also, IF AJ's last name was actually a *legal name change* and not the result of an adoption; further information about this process can be found here http://www.livesaymyers.com/how-to-change-child-last-name-virginia/ including "It is important to know that legally changing a child&#8217;s name does not alter the rights or obligations of the parents. The other party will still have the obligation to pay child support, care for their child, and may still have the right to visitation unless the court deems otherwise."

For anyone interested, hope this helps. :)

Adoptive parents have to pay child support the same as bio parents during a separation. So they earn the right to be called whatever. But in this case; I wouldnt look at Wes as her dad. I just see him as plain ole Wes.

NOTE: Nothing in this post is intended to negate the role of AJ's biological father or intended to negate the role of Zach as a stepfather to AJ for many years according to Zach's blog http://riverraging.blogspot.com/2015/03/today-anjelica.html.

And, since I personally have no real factual information about AJ's and WH's relationship; good, bad or otherwise...I personally don't negate or discount the parental role he played.

JH hasn't stated anything publicly that I've seen in this regard either. So, I do not know.

Well said.

I have a question?

Could it be he (WH) Married and adopted AJ for some parole or probation reason?

Dang...Hubby want to go out for dinner and drinks.

BBL

Yes. We are on the interstate 5 heading home from Disney/Anaheim. I got one eye on the road and the other on this thread. Lol. I go back to work tomorrow; So you and hubby have a drink for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Red_Herring