VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a link handy for the 711 possible sighting? I will look for one when I get a chance, too. Good idea if we can find a link for it, aja! :tyou:

It was mentioned by WH.

CH: Now, in some of the reports that have been covering this case regarding the cell phone – oh, I’m sorry – the credit card finds, a 7-11 store is reportedly nearby this area.

WH: Correct.

CH: Have the police thought about looking at surveillance footage? Or are there even cameras?

WH: Yes actually there is cameras and uh it’s actually, honestly sad because the police showed me a video on their cell phone and there was a girl and it looked like she was walking from across the street into the 7-11. But, when that girl entered the 7-11… Now, she may have been of Asian descent. My daughter is Asian and Caucasian. Now - I understand that - I really couldn’t tell the descent of the person, but she did look Asian. But, I do know my daughter’s hair. It was almost down, 3/4ths of the way of her back, and that wasn’t my daughter. My daughter normally wore her hair pulled up, whatever. That day in particular she had it pulled up --

CH: Mhmm

WH: -- into, like, a bun. Now it wasn’t… she had a headband on, but what was holding her hair in that little bun was, uh, what you call a “pre-wrap.” You know, she plays sports, and a pre-wrap is the stuff you put down underneath like an Ace bandage - it’s like the foamy stuff. Well, her personal style was to use that pre-wrap, um, because you know scrunchies I guess, whatever, people lose them so easily. So, she used that to make her own scrunchie or hair-tie. So, that’s what she had in her hair and it was pulled up, like, into a bun in the back so, um… She didn’t wear her hair down a lot but when she did, you know, it definitely wasn’t that length. Uh, it wasn’t my daughter. I mean, they did - I do believe they cleared that, of that, because they asked us. That was one of, one of.. that was the only piece of information that they showed us during this whole case… is that video.

source

Video about finding pieces of the card on the normal path they would take to the 7-11: http://bcove.me/5e09v72z.

WH and Bi Polar Disorder
For what it is worth, here is my original post from Thread 7:

Back in the 90s, Manic Depressive Disorder was poorly understood and a lot of people were misdiagnosed as manic when their issues were more complex. Since then, several subsets of personality disorders have come about that can more succinctly target individuals with variation in their behavior and way of processing information so that treatment is more effective. It is also important not to confuse Bi-Polar I(the psychotic kind) with BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder). The most important and distinct difference between these is that the first is (believed to be) a chemical imbalance and the other is (believed to be) a brain disorder. BiPolar is also an over-affluence in emotions without the ability to regulate, whereas BPD often exhibits a distinct lack of empathy and is often confused with narcissism. In both cases, severe and intense mood swings can happen, with BPD being rage (compared to the BiPolar crash). I would categorize WH as someone that is closer to the BPD side than the BiPolar side, but it is that incredibly hard to tell without a lot of interaction and therapy. Most importantly, someone with BPD is much more likely to lie, obfuscate and commit murder or crime than someone who is Bi-Polar, who is more likely to harm themselves.

http://apps.who.int/classifications/...2015/en#/F60.3

in response to Zach and Sjm_qc on his lying:

If WH is borderline, he can't help the lying. It is a defense mechanism, and also something people with this problem learn as a very easy means of manipulating others. Not necessarily to be malicious, but because it is all they know. The world is very black and white to them, and if they feel like they are being victimized, the drama show is on full blast. In his jailhouse interview with WAVY, he can't stop talking. When he is asked a question he doesn't want to answer directly, he deflects. He is seeing the evens of those days in his mind like a movie, and his part in them as someone separate from himself. He is really uncomfortable, threatened, scared and drowning in guilt, as I said previously....

While I am on the topic of mindsets, if there is anyone who still thinks he is a narcissist, consider the fact that he mowed peoples lawns. A narcissist would never, ever stoop to doing yard work. They are totally above that. If WH was a narcissist or psychopath, he would have manipulated JH into supporting him while he did the bare minimum. What I see is a hard working guy with a lot of baggage and questionable friends.

To summarize this in the briefest and simplest way I can:

I believe he is capable of murder, though not necessarily the serial-killer/pre-meditated/methodical/intelligent kind.
I believe his criminal intellect is sufficient enough to enable him to cover up a crime and attempt to frame someone for it.
I believe he is a pathological storyteller, but a very poor liar.
I believe he is directly involved in AJ's disappearance based on what little I have observed of his demeanor, and in his word choices when interviewed.

It is important I point out that my work focuses more on profiling and statement analysis than it does clinical psychology, and I am not a verified professional on this board so please take the above as an informed opinion. As far as I know PlainJaneDoe is the only verified professional we have - I would be very interested in her take on WH mind as it may offer a more scientific viewpoint.

In the end, whether WH is a card short of a full deck or not can only help us understand how he may have done something or allowed something violent to happen to AJ. It will not help us determine that he did, in fact, do something to AJ. At this point, the only thing giving us a reliable indication that this is the case is statement analysis, the outcome of which is not at all in his favor, IMO.

I'm curious how WH is able to add people to that page? If you look at who has added the "members" it shows his sister and WH individually adding them. Not one, (nada) add, comment, like etc from JH. Interesting!

His sister must have his Facebook PW. He probably gave it to her. She's adding people from his *friends list*. My guess, anyway.

WH and Bi Polar Disorder
For what it is worth, here is my original post from Thread 7:

in response to Zach and Sjm_qc on his lying:

To summarize this in the briefest and simplest way I can:

I believe he is capable of murder, though not necessarily the serial-killer/pre-meditated/methodical/intelligent kind.
I believe his criminal intellect is sufficient enough to enable him to cover up a crime and attempt to frame someone for it.
I believe he is a pathological storyteller, but a very poor liar.
I believe he is directly involved in AJ's disappearance based on what little I have observed of his demeanor, and in his word choices when interviewed.

It is important I point out that my work focuses more on profiling and statement analysis than it does clinical psychology, and I am not a verified professional on this board so please take the above as an informed opinion. As far as I know PlainJaneDoe is the only verified professional we have - I would be very interested in her take on WH mind as it may offer a more scientific viewpoint.

In the end, whether WH is a card short of a full deck or not can only help understand how he may have done something or allowed something violent to happen to AJ. It will not help us determine that he did, in fact, do something to AJ. At this point, the only thing giving us a reliable indication that this is the case is statement analysis, the outcome of which is not at all in his favor, IMO.

IMO, the most accurate diagnosis for WH is criminal sociopath.

I agree. The entire situation is sickening. So much focus on nonsense and not enough on AJ.
Many families of the missing don't have an exact location for searches. However, they do. They organize searches with friends and supporters. They go out and do the only thing they can do. Like Zach has been doing. IMO

I agree with your agreement. :) There may not be much of a point to continue searching since as far as we know AJ was last seen at her own home. Or in her truck on her street. Or in a 7-11. But there's stuff the family could be doing behind the scenes - in parallel with LE's investigation and not impeding it of course - and in fairness they may be doing just that but we'll never know. Thank goodness I've never had a family member go missing but even without the benefit of being a WS member I can think of things to do.

For example, the family has a FB page set up and many people are following it. So take advantage and let them know a little about AJ, make her a "real" person. Describe the type of clothes she usually wears and places she likes to hang out. Talk to her directly; who knows, she could be out there somewhere following along too.

If AJ has friends/family in other states, let people know so they can post flyers in those areas. Post phone numbers of organizations that help runaways let their families know they're safe. Reach out to people like Marc Klaas, the founder of Klaas Kids Foundation and ask for advice.

Argh! So frustrating. I ran across a video about a missing teen on The Onion (a parody website). It's poking fun, not at missing teens but teen friends trying to help. Even done as humor it's better than what the Hadsell family is doing.

So we could be helping Zach, yes? One of our own.

YES! We can help Zach. Zach requested that we share Anjelica's flier. Keep her name and face out there.
I bet Zach would appreciate any and all suggestions for searching. IMO

Odd, because WH said when LE showed him the video of the girl at the 7-11, didn't he say it wasn't her because the video girl was Asian. "But MY daughter is white and Asian." (Probably not verbatim, looking for link.)
I remember thinking how strange it sounded but figured it's just me because I usually hear someone is Japanese, Chinese, Filipino, etc. But I'm in SoCal. fwiw

Does anyone have a link handy for the 711 possible sighting? I will look for one when I get a chance, too. Good idea if we can find a link for it, aja! :tyou:

I think the google doc transcript link above is the mentioning of the 7-11 video. Otherwise, I think a UNverified insider previously mentioned it as well but nothing confirmed aside from WH's mention in the podcast (see transcript link).

Hope this helps.

When it was my sister who was missing, we had hit a wall by this time. We were paralyzed. We were exhausted. We didn't know where to look, and LE didn't have any suggestions either. They advised us to conserve our energy because they were investigating all the angles. And you know what? They found her. If you haven't been through it you can never fully understand it, and I pray you never do.

But knowing there are people who love AJ who want to search, shouldn't we be thinking of how we could help them figure out where to start? I feel like we're becoming distracted. I just don't want us to get stagnant or get pulled down into the muck and mire of the family's drama.

You bring up a good point. We on here read about searches, but if we had to organize one we probably wouldn't know where to start even if we had places in mind.

And I see that as a good reason to bring Texas Equusearch or CUE on board. They've done this MULTIPLE times. Maybe they interact with LE better due to their experience and LE can provide suggestions.

I have ideas, but maybe they have better ones.

Hi all it has been years since I posted. This case hits home, I live in Virginia.

I find it strange that the step-father is very detail oriented with this story when relaying it to the media. He puts way too much emphasis on things like the type of birthday party, the lending of the money etc. Why would he say he hit a dog out of anger actually implicating himself? Why would he claim to be pulling up carpet, digging through trash, then the rolled up jacket conveniently behind a couch cushion. Too many details, he is hiding something, and poorly fabricating a story. Was he on cocaine that day? Did he offer some to A.J. ? Has he approached her in the past? Have the police confirmed the last real sighting by the neighbor? I too think the police are keeping this close lipped. W.H. has been tripping over his tongue since A.J. disappeared, they are merely waiting him out. He claims to be a changed man yet he does drugs and has weapons as a convicted felon.

When it was my sister who was missing, we had hit a wall by this time. We were paralyzed. We were exhausted. We didn't know where to look, and LE didn't have any suggestions either. They advised us to conserve our energy because they were investigating all the angles. And you know what? They found her. If you haven't been through it you can never fully understand it, and I pray you never do.

But knowing there are people who love AJ who want to search, shouldn't we be thinking of how we could help them figure out where to start? I feel like we're becoming distracted. I just don't want us to get stagnant or get pulled down into the muck and mire of the family's drama.

Thank you for the reminder to redirect our mindset. It's so easy to be pulled into things you can't comprehend (like family drama). I guess it's that "can't see the forest for the trees" saying to some degree. :thinking: :waiting:

Zach, this is my first post. I have been following this for awhile. I just want to say that there is no doubt in my mind that you are her true dad. You were there for all her formative years and were instrumental in how she turned out as a person. From all I have been reading she is smart, funny, athletic and kind. anyone can be a biological dad, or adopt someone for 3 years and act like they are her dad. You were there for her the longest and you show how much you care by going above and beyond to help find her, in searches, flyers, etc. I am praying that AJ will come home to realize how important you are in her life. Actions speak louder than words from WH. Be kind to yourself and your daughters are lucky to have you. You are the calm in their storm at this time. I just had to get this off my mind.

:welcome6: Wool! Thanks for your post!

Hi all it has been years since I posted. This case hits home, I live in Virginia.

I find it strange that the step-father is very detail oriented with this story when relaying it to the media. He puts way too much emphasis on things like the type of birthday party, the lending of the money etc. Why would he say he hit a dog out of anger actually implicating himself? Why would he claim to be pulling up carpet, digging through trash, then the rolled up jacket conveniently behind a couch cushion. Too many details, he is hiding something, and poorly fabricating a story. Was he on cocaine that day? Did he offer some to A.J. ? Has he approached her in the past? Have the police confirmed the last real sighting by the neighbor? I too think the police are keeping this close lipped. W.H. has been tripping over his tongue since A.J. disappeared, they are merely waiting him out. He claims to be a changed man yet he does drugs and has weapons as a convicted felon.

:welcomeback: to posting nnrpece! Keep 'em coming!
Love your signature line

You bring up a good point. We on here read about searches, but if we had to organize one we probably wouldn't know where to start even if we had places in mind.

And I see that as a good reason to bring Texas Equusearch or CUE on board. They've done this MULTIPLE times. Maybe they interact with LE better due to their experience and LE can provide suggestions.

l

Just as a reminder, I have lived in VB my entire life. My intial instinct on where to look from my very first post was to the south. About a million people live in VB, Norfolk, and Chesapeake...but you dont have to drive too long before it gets rural...and hour south or west is more than sufficient. North is less likely so I'll table that for now.

One thing that occurred to me recently was that as the weather gets warmer, fisherman who have been itching to get on the water start heading out in mass any chance they get. Flyers at local Sporting Goods or Tackle Shops would be smart imo. I used to work at Dick's in the Hunting and Fishing Department and have contacted guys I know to spread the word. If you fish a lot, you have favorite spots that you know really well. Anything out of place stands out. I'll get upset if a tree that had fallen in the water was moved...or if brush has been cut down on the edge of a pond...and I'll certainly notice tire tracks, trash, or ground that has been disturbed.

With that in mind, local hunters/fishermen should be made aware to take a second glance at things that seem different or out of place...Especially in southern VB, Chesapeake, and west near Franklin. I'll continue to make contact with those I know but if anyone else locally can get flyers into Dicks, Bass Pro, Walmart, or any other smaller tackle shops I think that would be incredibly helpful.

Jumping off your post here Mermy, just to clarify the WH Facebook shenanigans for my own sake and anyone else that is confused:

WH has two facebook profiles.

The new one, started by his sister or mother:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009395471541&fref=ts&ref=br_tf

His original:
https://www.facebook.com/wesley.hadsell?fref=ts

And his support group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2050759358398113/

Anyone who joins the group can add others by typing their facebook name into the Add To Group field on the top-right.

Anyone with the password to his new Facebook profile can add friends and manage it for him.

What is interesting to me are the people who are missing from WH's support group page.

Thanks for weighing in - I believe WH was high when he was taken in, that was some coked out rambling. I think he's guilty as sin and I do think he had a thing for AJ (sorry to say that). I haven't said this before because I didn't want to say anything negative about AJ - we were all 18 once, and I just wonder if - HUGE IF - WH was going to get some coke for her (the $200), or invite (lure) her to come do some with him, or something along those lines. I really would like to know what the fight with her mom was about first, but after that, I believe WH is totally involved. He made too much about leaving the truck key, not the house key, and then to say he saw her at lunch, but doesn't come up with that scenario until 10 DAYS after she's missing - that's not working for me. He was late getting back to work that day for a reason IMO. Hope LE solves this soon.

I wasn't sure what to make of it either. I saw a pic (it is on the support FB page too) of JH, WH and AJ at a professional football game..... it really, really bothers me. Looks like WH and AJ were more of a couple than JH and WH. Just an observation and of course, MOO and JMO. Hope you know what I mean.....I am NOT saying that AJ felt that way. I do believe what LE said to WH, that he has been looking at AJ since he met her mother.

JH is on the field, she must have been one of the photographers. AJ and WH are up in the stands, so they are a few feet above JH. I think that's why their positions seem strange.
22097_10202710647846113_3855618722868396675_n.jpg

Yeah it's hard for strangers to just organize a search because we don't have the intimate details like the family can get or the professional organizations. It would be great if JH would seriously do this. I think if they did that people would seriously start focusing on helping to physically find her other than just sharing a picture. There needs to be actual action, new attention. Just tweeting and sharing her picture over and over with nothing new or new media outlets people might just start ignoring it or bypassing it. I'm sorry to say it but it's like car alarms. People might look for a second but most people don't even pay attention to a car alarm when it starts going off unless it's a night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove