Feb 22nd low of 33.3 mean of 40.7

Feb 23rd low of 30 mean of 37.1 .3 inch rain melted snow

Feb 24th low of 21 mean of 24.4 reports of rain/snow

Feb 25th low of 14.7 mean of 28 .08 inch of rain/snow

Feb 26th low of 30 mean of 32.7 .42 inch rain and/or melted snow

Feb 27th low of 19.8 mean of 30.1 .06 rain/snow

Feb 28th low of 19.8 mean of 27.5

March 1st low of 21.2 mean of 27.8

I think stating that the ground would have been frozen is a safe bet, given the above data.

Thank you for looking that up. I know there were lots of posts from family members in that region showing lots of snow and ice this year. I just didn't remember if it was significantly before the first weeks of March.

Maybe we need to TRAIN the adults!
Respectfully, what is not learned in youth is unlikely to be practiced by adult abusers (which I assume you feel should be trained). Would that it could be so, but I don't see that happening.

My point is that children deserve to be children without constant fear of a bogeyman waiting to snatch them away. They can learn to be safe without being fearful constantly.

Understanding when *anyone* crosses a line is the first step toward saying STOP. The first step toward empowerment. The first step toward acting instead of reacting. And the first step toward making an abuser pay for his/her crimes and hopefully helping another child.

JMO

Good question. For me personally, I think his sleuthability played a role. It's hard to ignore his criminal past, especially since he has a lifelong history as opposed to a one-off crime.

As for him being open, I can't agree. He talked a lot about himself, sure, but to me being open means telling the truth and WH didn't tell the truth about some things, and nothing he said has been substantiated by LE. In fact he even admitted to CH that he had lied to her in a previous interview.

An ex-convict who lies raises red flags to me.

A cocaine using, bi-polar, ex-convict who lies and is possibly a psychopath raises red flags to me as well.

You might be completely right. IDK how this is to be determined.

I am concerned because maybe he was a great father who really did love AJ and vice versa, nothing creepy or perverted about it.

I can imagine a man estranged from his family being willing to go to extraordinary lengths to win back their hearts and their forgiveness after something tragic happens. Maybe he inserted himself in the case to prove to them how devoted he is? (Not to mention, apparently someone tweeted his criminal record to the world, associating it with her disappearance from Day 1, which I just now read about. I may want to prove myself innocent, too, IDK.)

For everyone's sake, I hope my thinking is closer to the mark than not, especially for Zach & the girls & AJ's mother.

JMO

Alice have u read what his sister has been saying recently.
And she was his number 1 supporter.

he should have stayed out of it. Let LE do its job.
His MY Daughter campaign blew up in his face.

I wish it was different! I really do.
He placed himself at the house
He said he saw her at lunch time
Said he got a text.
he broke into a home
hit a dog

he was not living at home soooo that tells ME he wasn't a good father and husband.
JMO

I was just about to post that is that all she has to say?

Thank you for looking that up. I know there were lots of posts from family members in that region showing lots of snow and ice this year. I just didn't remember if it was significantly before the first weeks of March.

Youre very welcome!

I'm glad you take care, katie, truly. I just worry that the media leads us to focus on (dare I say it: creates) a perception of constant danger, constant fear, and I worry about the long-term psychological effects on our society as a whole. The world has always been a violent place, yet it is full of beauty and grace and good people as well. I think being truly *well* demands that we see the good, which I still believe outweighs the bad in the world. Dunno, thinking out loud I suppose.

I was thinking this earlier. Look how much we as a species have evolved. In eons past, to the victors went the spoils. We murdered and brutalized and enslaved others on a regular basis. We still do too much, but we have steadily improved.

JMO

IMO he made u the story to place them outside of the home.
I don't think she ever left the house alive! He needed to make it seem she was.
The phone call.
Needing money.... I think she would call MOM if she needed money not WH who was not even living there at the time.

Does anyone know if they ever took the cadaver dogs into the home? Clearly that way they would know whether she ever left the home alive or not. Heck.

You might be completely right. IDK how this is to be determined.

I am concerned because maybe he was a great father who really did love AJ and vice versa, nothing creepy or perverted about it.

I can imagine a man estranged from his family being willing to go to extraordinary lengths to win back their hearts and their forgiveness after something tragic happens. Maybe he inserted himself in the case to prove to them how devoted he is? (Not to mention, apparently someone tweeted his criminal record to the world, associating it with her disappearance from Day 1, which I just now read about. I may want to prove myself innocent, too, IDK.)

For everyone's sake, I hope my thinking is closer to the mark than not, especially for Zach & the girls & AJ's mother.

JMO

The best predictor of 'future' behavior is 'past' behavior. When I look at the patterns created by criminal actions perpetrated by WH, it is very hard for me to ignore him as the number one suspect.

At 19 he takes a 15 yr old girl on the run across state lines. Breaks a few laws and does some jail time I believe. They stay together awhile and have a baby together. But his initial impulses were WRONG imo. But he could not resist the temptation of a beautiful younger girl.

Later, a similar but WORSE incident with his 21 yr old ex wife, who initially left him because of domestic violence. He nabbed her and ran, stayed on the run, held her for weeks and robbed a bank. Charges were dropped but the woman's father said it was because she was afraid to testify against him.

But read the GRAND JURY transcripts which led to his indictment. [ linked way upthread] She said he strangled her, punched her, raped her and held her hostage.

Sprinkled in between these violent domestic violence charges are arrests for burglary and B and E. He also has mental health issues, is unstable and admits to abusing drugs.

Now you have a recent break up of this marriage, and potential loss of 'his girls' over his drug usage. he is living in a seedy hotel and probably very resentful. This seems like the exact same pattern that set off his past violent outbursts.

On top of all that, he placed himself as the last known person to meet with AJ, 'until she departed his presence.'

I don't want to have tunnel vision, but it is really hard to look away from this guy since he was 'leaking ' like crazy during his word salad rants and dropping red flags all over the field.

Respectfully, what is not learned in youth is unlikely to be practiced by adult abusers (which I assume you feel should be trained). Would that it could be so, but I don't see that happening.

My point is that children deserve to be children without constant fear of a bogeyman waiting to snatch them away. They can learn to be safe without being fearful constantly.

Understanding when *anyone* crosses a line is the first step toward saying STOP. The first step toward empowerment. The first step toward acting instead of reacting. And the first step toward making an abuser pay for his/her crimes and hopefully helping another child.

JMO

I've talked about this in another threads. When we had a roaming active uncaught veeeery dangerous sick predator in our community, I had to talk about this with my students, to reaaallly express to them that they had to be aware of their surroundings, but it was a fine line so as to not to make them terrified and make sure the discussion was related in an "age appropriate" manner.

Alice have u read what his sister has been saying recently.
And she was his number 1 supporter.

he should have stayed out of it. Let LE do its job.
His MY Daughter campaign blew up in his face.

I wish it was different! I really do.
He placed himself at the house
He said he saw her at lunch time
Said he got a text.
he broke into a home
hit a dog

he was not living at home soooo that tells ME he wasn't a good father and husband.
JMO

You might be right. I honestly don't know.

A very nice stream of response under #ripAJ

I know what you mean, because people tell me this all the time. But the danger is real. Jmo
*I guess having an active violent child predator murderer in my neighborhood has really screwed me up and having to not only deal with losing a precious little girl in our community having to worry about stepping over body parts and the safwety of my students, self and everyone else has really screwed me up. The effect on a community after something like this happens is devastating and long term. Just want to say, at least the suspected person is behind bars and it it is him, wont be abnle to hurt anyone else. And at least the family (Zach) and others don't have to wonder where she is for the rest of their lives. But still. While the huge variable of heartfelt terror and fear about an unknown uncaught active local predator is likely eliminated, the pain is going to be very damaging and is for many people.

In Jessica's case we had a counseling support system set up for the students before her discovery was announced.

To all you locals, I know how this feels.

I do understand, margarita. From the inside as well as the periphery. And I know the scars and pain are lasting as well as paralyzing. I was paralyzed for years by it -- but I simply refuse to allow one bastardo, or 10 or 100, to rob me of experiencing the truly good in life. It's a struggle at times still, so I take care to surround myself with beauty when I've stared too long at ugliness. Do you kwum? I'm closer to my God after it all, and I thank him every day for allowing me to see his handiwork, and hopefully help others who have been hurt step into the light. I am so, so sorry for what you and your community have suffered. That you haven't let it close you off is a testament to your strength.

JMO

Don't invite it into your home.
I feel sorry for kids today!

Interesting you bring this up. My husband & I were discussing this, in regards to whether it could be shown if AJ could have been moved & whether the soil was different in Norfolk and Franklin. In general we have clay like soil. Let me tell you, it is unbelievable to remove from boys white baseball pants.

Here is a good site re water & soil,if we ever need a reference.

http://www.virginiaplaces.org/watersheds/groundwater.html

Thee are also certain weeds/plants that grow in some areas, and not so much in others

Don't invite it into your home.
I feel sorry for kids today!

That does help things, doesn't it, not bringing criminals around your kids.

Do we know for sure how much a spouse was told about one's past criminal life? I mean, I agree a hundred percent about keeping violent criminals away from your children, but how can we say for sure she really knew about all this stuff....I don't know..its probably not the right time to discuss this, maybe it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove