VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats DexMo on your milestone.

I understand your words and anger.

Hello all. I have not contributed a whole lot here since recently joining b/c I've just been taking everything in and trying to learn my way around, but I would like to say you all are amazing. I am truly in awe at the love, support and concern from complete strangers, not only here on WS, but of the many people here locally who have been at the searches and passed out flyers, etc., etc. AJ is a part of ALL of us. Her light shines on us all and reminds us that she is a daughter, friend, sister, neighbor to us all. Every day as I drive through our neighborhood, I am reminded of AJ as I see her beautiful smile on flyers posted on stores, light poles and car windows and each time I have said a prayer and often shed some tears. My daughter, who ran with AJ in Girls on the Run said the other day, "Mom, I wonder if she knows we are looking for her. I wonder if she knows how much she is loved." I'm certain that she does. :heartbeat:

Zach, my heartfelt love, support and prayers are with you and your family. I know I don't have any words that would help heal your heart right now but please know we will continue praying for you and supporting you in any way we can. Don't hesitate to reach out. Rest assured that God knows and sees your heart... seek refuge in Him. Psalm 18:2- The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

:floating:

Link Please.

Lol just kidding. I also understand how demanding that links are here while a poster is indisposed and doesn't have time to post links.

But I do understand why this site requires them.

But since Iam drinking lightly right now myself; Then I understand.

So hopefully Bessie and the others are indisposed right now as well.

Smarta##! LOL

I try to be diligent when posting links, but I.....ehhhh.

Congrats DexMo on your milestone.

I understand your words and anger.

Thanks CP1: I just wish I was vested in a happier thread right now. My 13 year old daughter and 12 year old son means the world to me and I would never want them to be a victim in cases we read here.

Sometimes I feel guilty and ashamed for even posting here on extreme cases on this site.

But since victims need a voice and all of these millionaires are to busy worrying about their 15 million dollar mansions; Then I guess it is up to regular folks like us to be the voice of victims. Jmo.

But still Thanks CP1 for remembering my happiness of the 1000 mile posts that I displayed before today.

I salute you for remembering.

WEBSLEUTH has a way of keeping respectable people respectable. So I salute them and all fellow sleuthers as well.

A couple of things are bothering me a lot right now, besides the obvious. One, JH has taken a lot of flak from people for not exercising caution in who she had around her daughters, with apparently disastrous results. So who reads the family's statement? Another criminal who was flanked by her surviving daughters while he read it! Hello? Have we not learned a lesson? Then there is the request for donations for SEARCHING for AJ that was posted yesterday. This was not something old, copied and pasted, it was a brand new plea. She hasn't even asked for people to search, let alone incurred expenses from a search. I don't begrudge people for needing help in cases like this, I made a couple of donations recently to very worthy causes recently. But she already raised a lot of money, and to ask for more for searches on the day her daughter's remains were found just lacks class. The only cost I've seen her incur from this is the cost of the balloons. And for all I know, those were donated, too. Sorry if this offends anyone, but AJ and the girls deserve so much better.

I'm glad you bring it up, in all this, I think what AJ may have wanted most is to protect her sisters. AJ, for me, will forever be the gorgeous girl with her arm wrapped around her little sister, for some reason. She came to life for me in that image. I saw that heart of a lion, will, unwavering capacity to cope, sail past, and all America girl who turned those around her to gold, except for him. Dex, forgive me the link for this, please.

Yes, she loved her sisters! That was so apparent. I can't even imagine how crushed those little girls have to be.

I've made a quick info sheet of what has been released by MSM.

Check it out here.

I'll continue to update it and clean it up as new info emerges. I think having something like this will be helpful for those who are just jumping in.

There are lots of images so I apologize if it is slow to load.

I will apologize upfront but... I thought Zach Hoffer was her dad and WH adopted her when he married her mom??? Towards the end of your info sheet, I thought I saw where you wrote Zach Hoffer, AJ's step-father...

Also, I have been wondering this for a while... Is AJ Polynesian? She is so beautiful. Looking at her with her two blonde sisters, in pictures posted today, I just cant figure out who is who.
Forgive any mistakes I have made... its late

A couple of things are bothering me a lot right now, besides the obvious. One, JH has taken a lot of flak from people for not exercising caution in who she had around her daughters, with apparently disastrous results. So who reads the family's statement? Another criminal who was flanked by her surviving daughters while he read it! Hello? Have we not learned a lesson? Then there is the request for donations for SEARCHING for AJ that was posted yesterday. This was not something old, copied and pasted, it was a brand new plea. She hasn't even asked for people to search, let alone incurred expenses from a search. I don't begrudge people for needing help in cases like this, I made a couple of donations recently to very worthy causes recently. But she already raised a lot of money, and to ask for more for searches on the day her daughter's remains were found just lacks class. The only cost I've seen her incur from this is the cost of the balloons. And for all I know, those were donated, too. Sorry if this offends anyone, but AJ and the girls deserve so much better.

Iam sorry. But moms did her best for her kids while trying to live her life as well.

She is hurting right now.

Most of those pics that you see of AJ was taking by moms.

She shows the love that she has for her daughter by capturing all these moments in her life.

Now I understand what you are saying; But I will not be mad at Jen no longer.

She is a mom who moved her daughter around as she seen fit. And the last time they seen each other; could have been under bad terms. But out of the 18 years of AJ'S life and happiness; I can't hate moms for a decision that Wes decided to make nor her reactions to this case.

She is still Mamma Bear who I feel truly loved her cub.

Jmo.

Iam sorry. But moms did her best for her kids while trying to live her life as well.

She shows the love that she has for her daughter by capturing all these moments in her life.

She is a mom who moved her daughter around as she seen fit. And the last time they seen each other; could have been under bad terms. But out of the 18 years of AJ'S life and happiness; I can't hate moms for a decision that Wes decided to make nor her reactions to this case.

Jmo.

I'm not mad she made mistakes in the past. I can out-"mistake" her anyday. lol But as of just yesterday, she is making the same one that cost her her daughter. I have no doubt she loved AJ. How could she not? We all do and most of us never even knew her. But Mama Bears protect their cubs, not throw them to the wolves.

I will apologize upfront but... I thought Zach Hoffer was her dad and WH adopted her when he married her mom??? Towards the end of your info sheet, I thought I saw where you wrote Zach Hoffer, AJ's step-father...

Also, I have been wondering this for a while... Is AJ Polynesian? She is so beautiful. Looking at her with her two blonde sisters, in pictures posted today, I just cant figure out who is who.
Forgive any mistakes I have made... its late

AJ's bio dad is Filipino. Zach is the father of the two older siblings, and Wes is the father of the 3 year old.

I remember when Hannah Garner came out of hiding and some people were actually upset with her for running away and putting people through the anguish.

But I would kill to have that same situation happen here with Anjelica right now; Even though the chances are nil and most likely not doable. I would love for that to happen. Jmo

Which is exactly why I was not upset with her when she returned. I have seen so many cases that have ended in loss and anguish. I just felt relief and hoped that she would grow to understand how difficult it was for her family, but in the mean time, WELCOME HOME. It was truly a blessing that she called her Father. I wish it could happen that way more often. :candle:

AJ played sports all of her life. And Jen's name was on all of those sign up sheets.

So this shows that Jen truly cared.

Iam just sorry that she and zach may not have had the chance to say " I Love You " on her final day.

Iam sorry. But this is hitting me harder than 9/11.

Good Night (west coast time)

:tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

So not the 'coming home' I wanted for AJ! I hope there will be answers with the autopsy, and LE has enough evidence to charge, and prosecute, and find guilty the person responsible!!!

Zach, my love, and prayers with you and your family. You will always be AJ's Daddy. A title no one has the right to attempt to take from you. AJ knew. And what she didn't realize before, well she knows now. All answers are provided with God. She has the knowledge that none of us could imagine now. And the greatest part, you will see her again one day!!

Your character shines through, Zach. Don't sell yourself short, and try not to be down on yourself. You did the best you could under the circumstances that were placed. That's all you can do. None of us are perfect. None of know all the answers on this Earth. None of us can foresee the future. Any man that can put his heart and soul feelings into words as you have, truly shows the love you have for your girls, and pureness of your intentions and strong character that you hold. There's going to be rough days, but there's going to be good days ahead as well!! Cherish the sweet memories. Remember the little quirks that made AJ! Dwell in the Lord's arms as he carries you through this valley.

:balloons::balloons::up::balloons::balloons:

I'm finally caught up.
I can't speak.
Thank you all for being here for the lovely young lady we all love and have never met.
Someday we will all meet AJ in Heaven - and already know each other.

Let's stay tight.
Desolation feels better in a group.

My daughter, who ran with AJ in Girls on the Run said the other day, "Mom, I wonder if she knows we are looking for her. I wonder if she knows how much she is loved." I'm certain that she does. :heartbeat:

The news left me shaken all day yesterday, but reading this just made me break down. I never knew AJ, but I will miss her so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:(

I've been reading here a little bit. Such a sad update.

Tear Soup – a recipe for healing after loss
Helpful ingredients to consider
• A pot full of tears
• One heart willing to be broken open
• A dash of bitters
• A bunch of good friends
• Many handfuls of comfort food
• A lot of patience
• Buckets of water to replace the tears
• Plenty of exercise
• A variety of helpful reading material
• Enough self care
• Season with memories
• Optional: one good therapist and/or support group
Directions:
Choose the size pot that fits your loss. It’s okay to increase pot size if you miscalculated. Combine ingredients. Set the temperature for a moderate heat. Cooking times will vary depending on the ingredients needed. Strong flavors will mellow over time. Stir often. Cook no longer than you need to. Suggestions:
• Be creative
• Trust your instincts
• Cry when you want to, laugh when you can
• Freeze some soup to use as a starter for next time
• Keep your own soup-making journal so you won’t forget.
Serves: One
** To use this recipe in your publication or workshop, please use this byline.
Grandy’s Recipe for Tear Soup
Excerpt from the family storybook - Tear Soup, a recipe for healing after loss By Pat Schwiebert & Chuck DeKlyen. Illustrated by Taylor Bills Copyright: Grief Watch 2011 www.griefwatch.com

Jmo.

I applaud your ability to see the best in people. I'm not as forgiving. She treated the bio dad poorly, Zach poorly, brought a violent criminal into her daughters' lives, seemed more concerned about supporting him and raising money than finding AJ. Is there any doubt that she'd still be trying to raise money now had circumstances not changed? Her errors in judgement have been catastrophic, numerous, and recent.

AJ was obviously a good kid, so perhaps Zach wasn't the only one that provided love and support. I don't know. I cannot condemn her because we all make errors in judgement and I may just not be aware of her good side.

However, I cannot defend her either. It is very possible that house has been a nightmare for children the last few years and I worry about her remaining children.

Do we really know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member