VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A Body typically has evidence and is a big lead IMO. It's something for once that is credible, factual, and valid in this nonsensical case. Again IMO,

Sorry, I misunderstood you. Thought I had missed some news. My reading comprehension sucks tonight. Totally agree with you.

ETA: And reading this post, I think it's pretty clear that my writing skills aren't great tonight either. ;)

Sorry, I misunderstood you. Thought I had missed some news. My reading comprehension sucks tonight.

No prob Kat this case has all our emotions running on high. It has appealed to our motherly side or true fatherly side. All of us are running on devastated emotions. Never has a case captured me like this. We deep down knew the ending but we tried so long to hold on to that rare hope.

To be honest I am pissed off at this outcome. This is purely a case where the freaking system failed this rising star. This never should of been allowed to happen.

Listening to the Jailhouse Interview again, after many many previous listens, and tonight was the first time this stood out to me. WH says that he got the tip from an older woman who said there was a bunch of clothes on the side of the road. Later, when Joe revisits the clothes discussion, WH says that they saw a blue clothing item laying out by the road. He then goes on to say that you couldn't see the rest of the items from the road, because they were down in a ditch. So...how did this older woman see them from the road, if WH and crew couldn't see them at first when they were standing right there?

Also, how did she get his secret phone number?

He backtracks a little later to say something about there being a lot more items previously, so I think he means for us to understand that LE was just so out of touch that things went missing before they could be recovered. I think it was then a man who told him there had been more.

Which begs the question....how does HE know that there were a lot more items previously?

To tell you the truth. I think there should be a federal law that mandates that not only vacant properties be registered as vacant with the county clerks office ; But also mandate that LE must send their academy cadets or somebody to do a welfare check on vacant properties at least once a month. Jmo. They can include the fee in the property taxes or whatever. But too much happens at these vacant properties which is not being checked on.

I understand where your heart is on this. The vast majority of vacant properties are registered in local county courts... As foreclosures. Property tax values and revenues are way, way down. Budgets have been slashed for everyone, including LE.

Nobody wants or likes having foreclosed or vacant properties in their neighborhood. I am certain that the neighboring owners feel awful about all of this.

We can't afford a risk-free society. Love thy neighbor.

JMO

Agree. His (supposedly ) daughter was missing but he was supposedly a hour away at WORK when the first piece of her credit card was found. But he made sure that Nephbro took a pic of the card before LE got there.

I apologize, I am about 15 threads behind on this one (cuz I couldnt leave little Noah's threads) but I have read the timeline and the transcripts of WH's interviews. I am still confused though, would you guys clear up just 2 things for me, please? I have seen "Zach" referenced multiple times and with reading between the lines, I think he is AJ's biological father, is that correct? My 2nd question is why do we refer to WH's brother as "Nephbro"? Have seen it multiple times and my curiosity has gotten the better of me.

However, I was interested to see someone post that WH "is bipolar." I wonder if it has ever occurred to anyone here that in the grip of a manic episode which is accompanied by psychosis, a person may have less freewill than others?

I missed the bit about bipolar disorder. Is that fact, because if it is it certainly explains his use of language which I was so curious about?

Respectfully snipped by me.

I always hesitate to discuss it, as the negative connotations are obviously clear, but I am bipolar type 2 (regular cycling, no psychosis). A few years ago I was put on a medication to which I responded very badly and was hypermanic for around two months. I may as well have been a different human being. I was a monster. (My husband shielded the children from it, and I did get help, just putting that out there before moving on.)

Being in that state is like being trapped inside a vehicle on autopilot. You could be watching it drive off a bridge, screaming not to do it, but you're going to do whatever that negative thing is. For example, obviously much tamer than murder, I decided that I wanted a dog. The monster (how I refer to manic autopilot) said that my husband was abusive and controlling because he didn't think it was the right time for a dog. At the same time, the whisper of "me" was the voice of reason: he was right, I was in full agreement with him, etc. But it's like shouting into a hurricane. I found a puppy on Craigslist two hours away, loaded up my kids in the car and drove to meet a stranger for a dog without telling anyone we'd left. The whole way there I was saying it was a bad idea, what am I doing, turn the car around, go home, what if they abduct us, what if I got in an accident - but I kept going. The monster won. It's so hard to really describe, and such an awful thing to experience - to be so wildly out of control and be AWARE of it, yet powerless.

And yes, during this time I did have violent outbursts toward my husband.

If a prescription drug can trigger hypermania and violent tendencies in a person with no violent history who is, admittedly, a bit of a hippie at heart - imagine what cocaine could do to someone with a history of violence and criminal activity.

We still have and love the dog, by the way. And I'm fine now, thankfully. :)

I apologize, I am about 15 threads behind on this one (cuz I couldnt leave little Noah's threads) but I have read the timeline and the transcripts of WH's interviews. I am still confused though, would you guys clear up just 2 things for me, please? I have seen "Zach" referenced multiple times and with reading between the lines, I think he is AJ's biological father, is that correct? My 2nd question is why do we refer to WH's brother as "Nephbro"? Have seen it multiple times and my curiosity has gotten the better of me.

Zach was AJ's stepdad from about age 2-13. He raised her and is the father of her two younger sisters. Her bio dad's wife Benchen has been on the thread. The person referred to as "Nephbro" is WH's nephew, but they refer to each other as brothers. It was very confusing.

Zach raised her from 1 until 13 or so if I remember the ages correctly.

WH refers to
Nephbro as his brother but it is really his nephew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zach was AJ's stepdad from about age 2-13. He raised her and is the father of her two younger sisters. Her bio dad's wife Benchen has been on the thread. The person referred to as "Nephbro" is WH's nephew, but they refer to each other as brothers. It was very confusing.
OMG! It's like Cliff notes and thank you for that concise synopsis :)

Listening to the Jailhouse Interview again, after many many previous listens, and tonight was the first time this stood out to me. WH says that he got the tip from an older woman who said there was a bunch of clothes on the side of the road. Later, when Joe revisits the clothes discussion, WH says that they saw a blue clothing item laying out by the road. He then goes on to say that you couldn't see the rest of the items from the road, because they were down in a ditch. So...how did this older woman see them from the road, if WH and crew couldn't see them at first when they were standing right there?

Overzealous psychic type?

JMO

No, and can't believe someone try to sell that. Must be hard times for news people. Today though when I was watching one of the (think wavy) news reels on their site about remains found; they did play that clip at the end of the reel. The caster also mentioned they contacted WH at the jail about the remains, and his attorney said he (ws) had no comment.

Weird. He sure had a lot to say awhile back.

Rest peacefully, AJ!

Thank you everyone, this has definitely cleared things up!

I have thought that WH possibly was "holding her" and once he was arrested he couldn't get back to her... it was something he alluded to in one of his interviews...idk... may he rot in hell.
I think this, too. But I can't square it with how she was found outside. Bleh. I agree. Rot in hell.

Zach

Thank you for being here with us.

Stay strong. We're going to see this through with you, and with brenchen. You've meant everything on here, I hope you know and understand this. You're strong and earnest and a boon to those around you. I appreciate more than I would have thought possible, your presence, from when I first learned of AJ. You're unique. I went out late last night and had pancakes with my family. We talked about you. Be good to yourself, please. We need you.

hugs

I keep coming back to AJ's thread, and reading....I can't move on yet. I am angry at whoever stole her life, her dreams, her pursuit of happiness. I'm angry that anyone felt they had the right to do so. I'm heartbroke thinking of what her loved ones, and friends are feeling. I know how devastating a car wreck victim is to to teenagers when it's one of their friends, and I know how teenagers rallied together when one of their classmates committed suicide. But THIS...THIS crime...I can't imagine the what if's, the why's, the sadness, the anxiety, the feelings of betrayal, the helplessness, the hope having been extinguished, the pure hell they are going through.

May they all find peace in someway or another. May they all find some outlet to release those feelings, and when they are ready, to begin to heal. Many are already out of the school, and thus might not have the opportunity for counselors, or a good support system to help them through these emotions. But they will need it, and the guidance. I pray they'll get professional help. Whatever hold that house has one them, I pray they get away from it, and bind together to help each other. I wouldn't want my teen hanging around for hours. Sure stop in and visit, or give their condolences, but I don't feel comfortable with the staying there, hanging out for days, etc. Just don't like it.

JMO!

To be honest I am pissed off at this outcome. This is purely a case where the freaking system failed this rising star. This never should of been allowed to happen.

Is WH still in jail? If I remember right, he is being held w/o bail, correct?

Thank you for sharing this insight. I'm glad you're fine now. Hugs.

ETA: I meant to say also that I get it. My "dog" was a cockatiel. :)

Respectfully snipped by me.

I always hesitate to discuss it, as the negative connotations are obviously clear, but I am bipolar type 2 (regular cycling, no psychosis). A few years ago I was put on a medication to which I responded very badly and was hypermanic for around two months. I may as well have been a different human being. I was a monster. (My husband shielded the children from it, and I did get help, just putting that out there before moving on.)

Being in that state is like being trapped inside a vehicle on autopilot. You could be watching it drive off a bridge, screaming not to do it, but you're going to do whatever that negative thing is. For example, obviously much tamer than murder, I decided that I wanted a dog. The monster (how I refer to manic autopilot) said that my husband was abusive and controlling because he didn't think it was the right time for a dog. At the same time, the whisper of "me" was the voice of reason: he was right, I was in full agreement with him, etc. But it's like shouting into a hurricane. I found a puppy on Craigslist two hours away, loaded up my kids in the car and drove to meet a stranger for a dog without telling anyone we'd left. The whole way there I was saying it was a bad idea, what am I doing, turn the car around, go home, what if they abduct us, what if I got in an accident - but I kept going. The monster won. It's so hard to really describe, and such an awful thing to experience - to be so wildly out of control and be AWARE of it, yet powerless.

And yes, during this time I did have violent outbursts toward my husband.

If a prescription drug can trigger hypermania and violent tendencies in a person with no violent history who is, admittedly, a bit of a hippie at heart - imagine what cocaine could do to someone with a history of violence and criminal activity.

We still have and love the dog, by the way. And I'm fine now, thankfully. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrbojangles2