VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if LE is checking surveillance cameras in the area of the house or on the way to the house? We live in a rural area as well & we have cameras as do several of our neighbors and a few rural businesses (gas stations & diners/ cafes) in the area. I'm sure LE has thought of this.... at least one would hope. Does anyone know?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/04/1...y-student-anjelica-hadsell/?intcmp=latestnews

AJ's parents reported her missing the evening of March 3. Police said she was last seen on that date around 5:30 a.m. at her parents' Norfolk home.
Hadsell was last seen walking in her parents' neighborhood.

Nope, no and :gaah:

AJ was NOT seen at 5:30am on the 3rd. It was between 4:30-5:30am that the mystery texts came in to her mom's phone. Which I think at this point since she has been found deceased, I think we all know were not from her just as we've suspected all along. No, we don't have the TOD yet but it was the Monday (March 2nd) she disappeared.

Which begs the question... WHO would have been sending texts from AJ's phone to AJ's mom, telling her she (AJ) wasn't ready to come home yet, if it wasn't AJ herself? Mmmhmmm... only 1 person I can think of too, since NONE of her friends knew where she was.

NOT to mention the text to her sister at 2:30 the day before saying she was with friends. I've followed a ton of cases and random kidnappers do NOT routinely go around texting family members and saying everything's fine. In those cases where it DID happen and a family member was texted, it was ALWAYS from someone KNOWN to the victim, and who also knew the family members.

And again, I will say :gaah: because I'm just so angry.

Please see the bold notated, this always bothered me in this interview.

Les: Right now Angelica Hadsell's adoptive father, Wesley Hadsell, is sitting in jail on charges connected to AJ's disappearance.
Speaker 2: News Channel 3's Nadeen Yanes spoke to Hadsell's sister who says she is losing faith that he's involved. She is live in our control room with more.
Les: Nadeen, you just spoke with her over the phone right?
Nadeen: I did Les. Wendy Stokes told me just a few hours ago that she had blinders on when it came to her brother, Wesley. For weeks now, she supported him adamant that he would never hurt AJ, but as her brother sits in jail and the story continues to develop up until today when a body was found, she says her trust in her brother is fading away.
Wendy: Of course I'm not judge and I'm not jury. I'm not saying that he's guilty and I'm not saying he's innocent. But it's really hard to have faith in someone when they can't be honest.
Nadeen: Just hours after human remains were found during a search for 18 year old Angelica Hadsell, Wendy Stokes tells me she's giving up on her brother, Wesley Hadsell.
Wendy: My throat hit my stomach when they said there was a body found. I'm trying to keep everything I need to hope that it's not her.
Nadeen: Do you have a gut feeling that this is AJ?
Wendy: I don't know. I just know that my brother had told me he worked in Franklin.
Nadeen: Hadsell who already has a long history of felonies is in jail right now facing several more felonies connected to AJ's disappearance including breaking and entering and obstruction. Since his arrest, Wendy says she's had her brother's back. Believed him when he says he was just trying to find his daughter. That was until today.
Wendy: I've always had faith in my brother. No matter what. Every time he's gone to jail, every time he's been to prison, every time he's gotten in trouble, I've always had faith in him. I've always told him to keep his head up. It doesn't matter what people say because he was a good person. Just do the right thing because I always had faith in him, but with everything that already come out and the charges he's already got on him...it's hard to keep that faith.
Nadeen: Do you think he's involved?
Wendy: I don't know anymore. At one time I didn't think he was. But now I don't know.
Nadeen: Earlier you told me you did.
Wendy: In my heart I don't want to believe he did, but there's things that when you start seeing on TV places they're looking, things that have been said. I'm his sister...You never want to think that anybody in your family could ever do anything like this.
Nadeen: Now from jail Wesley has been calling Wendy almost every day and she says in those conversations red flags have popped up. She says that his story kept changing and that he asked her to put up a Go Fund Me page for him wanting money for his support rather than to find AJ. She says she doesn't want to convict her brother but as of right now all faith in him is gone. Live in the control room Nadeen Yades, News Channel 3.

http://wtkr.com/2015/04/09/wesley-h...cence-in-ajs-disappearance-i-had-blinders-on/
transcribed by rev.com

All the speculation I see about this supposed fishing trip is kind of driving me nutty.

1st - it was a post on his FB (allegedly) that no one could have even seen unless they're FB friends with him.
2nd - if 1 is true then we're not even supposed to be discussing it here.
3rd - it's a red herring. moo.

Just had to say that.

Agree. IMO maybe "fish" isn't really a fish.

I wonder if LE is checking surveillance cameras in the area of the house or on the way to the house? We live in a rural area as well & we have cameras as do several of our neighbors and a few rural businesses (gas stations & diners/ cafes) in the area. I'm sure LE has thought of this.... at least one would hope. Does anyone know?

:wagon: Minasmom!

We can't know for sure if they have collected surveillance, but I tend to agree with you that I'm sure they have.

Hi all,new here thought i should post and quit lurking. I joined because of AJ,was hoping for better news,so sad for the family.

Sometimes I just have to see it in black and white.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td4lm5kbUoA

Speaker 1: ... discovery to tell you about this morning on a story that we've been following closely. It is in the search for a missing Virginia College student. Police now confirming that they have found remains outside a vacant home in Virginia. 18-year-old AJ Hadsell had vanished more than a month ago while she was visiting her parents at home in Norfolk, Virginia on spring break. Well, neighbors say they eventually noticed some suspicious activity several weeks ago in a town 40 miles from where she was last seen.

Speaker 2: About a month ago, a black or a dark blue Caravan, was, late at night, seen driving through the back into the backyard. It drove right through the carport into the
backyard.

Speaker 1: Virginia authorities are now working to positively identify those remains. The FBI is involved in that investigation.

He could have a friend that works at a car repair shop. Maybe hooked him up with something to borrow a van for the night. Friend may not come forward so quick because of that.

All the speculation I see about this supposed fishing trip is kind of driving me nutty.

1st - it was a post on his FB (allegedly) that no one could have even seen unless they're FB friends with him.
2nd - if 1 is true then we're not even supposed to be discussing it here.
3rd - it's a red herring. moo.

Just had to say that.

I remember falling for that, too - before I knew all I now know about WH. Plus it would have totally fit with the "you'll never find the gun" babble.

I've been a long time lurker here & am now a recent member. As a mom of a college student, let me just say that I am SO saddened by the recent turn of events in this case. My heart goes out to the family. I would like to express my deep appreciation & gratitude to every person here as I feel that we are all here for the sole purpose of uncovering the truth & obtaining justice (which is sometimes very different from law unfortunately). Thank you to you all for your time and caring.

Welcome!!! This was supposed to go Redhead55. Bear with me please

Rental Theory
Renting a car may be something WH did prior to the event, motivated by AJ being home for spring break and needing the truck. He was not living at home and did not have access to any other personal vehicle that we know of.

He is compelled to tell us about needing to drop off the truck because AJ needed it on Tuesday. Here are two scenarios:

JH and the kids leave around 7:30AM. AJ is awake and stays awake folding laundry etc until WH arrives in the truck to drop off the truck and leave with the work van. In this scenario, he is in the work van for part of the time.

OR

JH and the kids leave around 7:30AM. AJ is awake and stays awake folding laundry etc until WH arrives in the truck. AJ gives him a ride to the hotel where his rental is parked. Sighting #1 leaving the neighborhood where "she saw him(witness 1)". Things go bad here. WH calls the accomplice in the white car, they drive the truck back to the house. Drop it off, WH leaves with the person in the white car. body is moved in this or two different vehicles.

Let's also think about Uncle Bob's Storage and how or if that comes into play anywhere as a transitional site.

WELCOME TO ALL NEWBIES! I consider myself a beginner, too. The crew here is great and very supportive, no matter how out in left field you may be thinking at the moment. If one thing one person brought up here or even remotely considered turned out to be a lead, it's worth all our time and effort.

This is the actual witness and his statement about the van. Thank you MsMarple.

"'...08 to 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan, um, it was black or dark blue in color like I said. And, I mean, it was a nice vehicle, and that's another thing, I mean, if you notice the area around here we don't really have a lot of nice vehicles and it was kind of out of place in that, that fact as well.

The closer we got like the more urgent he became and, or whoever it was became, and, um, they pulled around behind the house and then when we got up to our turn and I looked back, he had already shut the lights off..."

So why not check behind the house the next day or call the cops that night since all of this was happening in your neck of the woods.

People are nosy and would have been curious of the whole suspicious nature of it. Jmo.

Plus too descriptive for me.

I am starting to see holes in this 2012 dodge van the body style hasn't changed in a few years. A 2012 dodge van is 3 years old. HOW did they get the model number right? That model hasn't changed in several years. We had one for work. The only thing I can think of it might be used for is a church van or work.

Does anyone know if AJ and WH were at all close? It seems strange to me that she would even ask WH to borrow his truck when her mom and him are separated....

Oooh, what an interesting possible connection! "Depart" ... that is such a strange word to use.

And there was an unpublicized unsuccessful search at the airport, according to WH, so there's another word ramble/salad way his brain connected the airport to the case.

Yes, there was.

WH said in some interview that the neighbor who saw the white car knew my brother had a white car and it wasn't his white car. Something to that effect IIRC.

Rental Theory
Renting a car may be something WH did prior to the event, motivated by AJ being home for spring break and needing the truck. He was not living at home and did not have access to any other personal vehicle that we know of.

He is compelled to tell us about needing to drop off the truck because AJ needed it on Tuesday. Here are two scenarios:

JH and the kids leave around 7:30AM. AJ is awake and stays awake folding laundry etc until WH arrives in the truck to drop off the truck and leave with the work van. In this scenario, he is in the work van for part of the time.

OR

JH and the kids leave around 7:30AM. AJ is awake and stays awake folding laundry etc until WH arrives in the truck. AJ gives him a ride to the hotel where his rental is parked. Sighting #1 leaving the neighborhood where "she saw him(witness 1)". Things go bad here. WH calls the accomplice in the white car, they drive the truck back to the house. Drop it off, WH leaves with the person in the white car. body is moved in this or two different vehicles.

Let's also think about Uncle Bob's Storage and how or if that comes into play anywhere as a transitional site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand